A question for Atheist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm not opening this thread for debate. ONLY serious open minded answers. I will not debate or possibly even reply to post in this thread. All I ask is that you give me a serious answer to a Biblical question. And I do understand that there are some who are not able to give a serious answer.

What would you do if in the morning if the Biblical account of the rapture happened?

+17 more 
posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

ONLY serious open minded answers.

And if I demanded ONLY serious open minded threads..?

What would you do if in the morning if the Biblical account of the rapture happened?

Bait much..?

I would sh!t my pants...but, let me throw this back at you.

What would you do if in the morning you realized your beliefs were wrong, and that a majority of your life has been dedicated to nothing more than a fable..?

Both are horrible prospects, huh..?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Loken68
I'm not opening this thread for debate. ONLY serious open minded answers. I will not debate or possibly even reply to post in this thread. All I ask is that you give me a serious answer to a Biblical question. And I do understand that there are some who are not able to give a serious answer.

Before we go too far, just to make sure we all properly understand you, can you please quote the Biblical account of the rapture so we can be sure what we are talking about?

K.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If the rapture depicted in popular fiction occurred I would straightaway lead a resistance group to battle the army of the antichrist.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I would deal with it as a present reality,

not use it as a smoke & mirrors phantom to intimidate gullible fools.

BOOM!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'd probably start raiding the local stores, I'm in Texas so........ I'll be the only person here surrounded by whores

Free stuff and surrounded by horny women....... doesn't sound to bad when you think about it

Oh and for this not being serious, it's because the thread isn't, your not going to start flying up into the heavens and start getting chatty with god.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

not biting, just a question. I don't have an agenda.

5 post 4 scoffs....lol
[edit on 14-5-2010 by Loken68]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

I would immediately question the source of the news and look for other explanations. If the news source was biased by religion I would dismiss the claims outright, if the news source was unbiased I would read the details of the report and determine whether there are any alternative explanations.

Some alternatives I would immediately look at:

Hoax - is it possible religious rapture believers hoaxed the event

Self-Fulfilling prophecy perpetrated by Christians or TPTB - Is there any way that those in power, particularly in religious power, could kidnap a few hundred thousand believers in an attempt to prove Biblical prophecy?

If all logical and scientific inquiry was done and the event could be nothing other than supernatural it could go one of two ways for me:

1) Repent and become a believer

or

2) Admit my fate as someone probably going to Hell (with 99% of the other people on the planet) and then use the SHTF scenario to go out and live my last days as lawlessly and sinfully as I possibly could.

Edit to Add: I spent my childhood and teen years as a believer but even at the height of my faith I hated the idea of the rapture and lived in fear of it. Part of the reason for my fear was that as a teenager I was a raging bucket of hormones thinking about girls all the time and Revelations states that the sexually immoral go straight to Hell - So I was afraid because I was committing thought crime. The second reason I was afraid was because I didn't understand why a loving God would do any of what Revelations said was about to happen. The Rapture was bad enough, suddenly removing everyone and leaving Hell on Earth, unleashing plagues and horrible disasters to torment us. Then after all the agony the sinners are put through in Revelations its only just the beginning, they get tossed into the Lake of Fire for things as simple as being a coward, a magician or a liar - that's for ETERNITY to be burned and have your flesh torn off and burned away for something as simple as lying. Not only is that an absurdly disgustingly harsh punishment for ANY offense at all but for a loving God to bestow eternal damnation simply for not believing in him or lying is nonsense... Even as a kid I understood that it made no sense but I still feared it because of the fiery sermons I was subjected to in Church and by my fundamentalist Father

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I would most likely take loads of drugs and go out on a high. It would be a tad hypocritical of me starting to pray so yeah, drugs, booze, music, spend my last moments having fun.

( Hoping that 'Rapture' is an end of the world type scenario )

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Actually that's the first answer from you that I can appreciate...lol

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
You don't think you have an agenda,

but you are in fact rationalizing your belief structure.

Either trying to get off on condescension or shore some veiled insecurities.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

At least your honest. That's the kind of answers this thread was looking for star for you.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

I'm not sure I know what the biblical account of rapture would exactly entail.

Is it supposed to be on the 15th May?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

No. Don't need any of that. Just seeking answers.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
I would most likely take loads of drugs and go out on a high. It would be a tad hypocritical of me starting to pray so yeah, drugs, booze, music, spend my last moments having fun.

( Hoping that 'Rapture' is an end of the world type scenario )

Told ya OP....

It'd be an extremely mixed crazy concert
Woodstock would pale in comparison.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Dear Loken68

Apparently the Rapture is not even in the Bible.

The really frightening thing is that something similar just might happen.

However I have no reason to think I will be included.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If it happened Id get a face lift as the other poster has mentioned the rapture is not in the bible.

I ams what I ams and that's all that I am!

[edit on 14-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
No you are assuming answers, dearheart.

the 'Rapture' is purely a fabrication of imagination at this point & probably for eternity.

you only respond positively to posts that you think you can condescend to.

you are a lesser being, it is ok, i understand. [hey, it is the internet, there is a law that i am required to flame you
]

big open ended reality is scary.

But i am pretty sure our best option is to look at it squarely for what we can discern it is & not make up tranquilizing rationalizations or 'explanations'.

Reality isn't particularly designed for our comfort & our best contending with it NEVER is. Nervous people always win in the long run.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Gday,

reply to post by Kapyong

not biting, just a question. I don't have an agenda.
5 post 4 scoffs....lol

I beg your pardon?

I would really like to know what the Biblical account of the rapture actually is - it's not something I've looked into much.

I'm quite serious, can you please start the discussion with a quote showing us what the Bible says about the rapture ?

Thanks...
:-)

K.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

What would you do?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join