It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Atheist.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Thread has nothing to do with evolution. Please stay on topic.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
My knowledge on the Rapture is pretty small, but I did hear that only about 170,000 souls will be saved. Now on a planet of 6 billion, you are going to have lived a pretty religious life to get into the Rapture.

So a bett er question to the OP is how you plan to make that 170,000? And would anyone in their right mind want to spend eterninty with 170,000 hardcore Christians, sounds like hell to me, so maybe this will work out for us all.

edit to add, these threads are a waste of bandwidth. The OP, will hold these beliefs to till the day they die. an internet forum wont change his mind, dispite them trying to change ours

[edit on 17-5-2010 by woodwardjnr]

[edit on 17-5-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am one of those who think believers should pay more attention to science, and not read the Bible so literary, but rather see the reality behind it. The traditional teachings of the bible is not realistic. The traditional teaching of the bible is teaching people to believe in magic.
Science is not. Science is the study of reality.

What i often notice is that people very often misunderstand the words/sentence that they read completely. And i also notice that people dig way deeper into the details that by far pressed their own knowledge of understanding. And they use this material, and speak of it as if they fully understand the contents.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
Thread has failed due to retarded nature of the questionin the OP.

There, I fixed that for you.

The rapture is a fairy tale...but if it does happen, here's a site where you ca leave your pets in good care while you all get scooped up to heaven

eternal-earthbound-pets.com...

For $110 (+$15 for each additional animal), you can pay a "confirmed" atheist to rescue and take care of your pets that are "Left Behind" after the Rapture.
LMAO, that's clever...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Awesome link, lol,

"Our service is plain and simple; our fee structure is reasonable.
For $110.00 we will guarantee that should the Rapture occur within ten (10) years of receipt of payment, one pet per residence will be saved. Each additional pet at your residence will be saved for an additional $15.00 fee. A small price to pay for your peace of mind and the health and safety of your four legged and feathered friends.

Thank you for your interest in Eternal Earth-Bound Pets. We hope we can help provide you with peace of mind."

....... I currently own an enormous colony of fire ants, approx 9.3 million, and after spending my $110 I was devastated to learn that only 1 pet per household will be saved! Each additional pet will be saved for $15 each! My bill for pet rapture salvation will be $139,500,095. My cheque is in the post!

Eternal Earth-Bound Pets.........hahaha I love it!

peace

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I think the number will be in the million's. Probably 90 to 100 million. What I'd like to know is where you get the 170,000. thats a new number for me.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I think the number will be in the million's. Probably 90 to 100 million. What I'd like to know is where you get the 170,000. thats a new number for me.

sorry double post...mod please remove this one.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Loken68]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

sorry double post...mod please remove this one.

It was an approximation, I will try and provide the source, if you can provide your source for 90-100 million, which is new to me. i would be interested to see that information. We both know you cant just go around making up the numbers.

Do you think you have been a good enough christian to make the grade? There's alot of christians out there doing some great work, all you are doing is posting on an internet forum. Is that the type of behaviour that gets you into the 90/100 million, I think your gonna have to do better than that to get in. So if the Rapture does happen, i imagine you'll be in the same boat as us non believers.
The difference is we wont of wasted our lives trying to be good enough to make the grade of what can only be described as a malevolent creator, who will sacrafice the majority of the world for 90-100 million believers.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Gday,

reply to post by reeferman

Thread has nothing to do with evolution. Please stay on topic.

Then why did YOU make a comment about it?
A FALSE comment?
And then IGNORE the facts in response?
Hmmm?

And why don't YOU want to actually discuss the OP?

You have avoided addressing what the bible actually says :

that we will be CAUGHT UP into the clouds, and be with Jesus for ever in the air

Why don't YOU want to talk about YOUR subject ?

K.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Kapyong]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Gday,

Hahahahaha !
Incredible.

You MADE UP that figure of 90 to 100 million - it's NOT in the bible.
We'd like yo know where YOU got that figure.

YOU said you wanted to discuss the BIBLICAL ACCOUNT of the rapture, and so far you have said NOTHING about the BIBLICAL account, and keep bringing up nonsense from who-knows-where.

Then you ask where someone ELSE got their non-biblical figure?

Such dishonesty and hypocrisy.

K.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Actually I posted 2 page's ago the info. you sought 3 pages ago, check it out.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

The number I gave was a guess here's a better number:2,100,000,000source

Looks like I was under guessing by a 100 million...oh well

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Gday,

reply to post by Kapyong

I did check it out, and I have posted so ...

What I find in the Biblical account of the rapture that YOU wanted to discuss, the passage YOU cited (but didn't quote) -

is that

we will be CAUGHT UP into the clouds to be with Jesus in the air for ever

Why don't you want to discuss that?
You DO agree that what's the Bible says, right?

When those 2,100,000m people join Jesus in the air, among the clouds - how will we all be within earshot?

Will we be arranged in a sphere to minimise the distance from Jesus?

Who will be closest?

K.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Awesome post.

And I'm noticing that a lot of atheists replying to this thread are ignoring the initial question. In short, they respond by saying "No, the rapture is a figment of your imagination, but..."

Let go of your atheist beliefs for a tiny second and think thoroughly about it. If (in your case, "if") Jesus Christ did return and the rapture happened and you were stuck on Earth and ultimately destined for Hell, what would you do? Don't come back with snazzy replies like most of you.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapyong

When those 2,100,000m people join Jesus in the air, among the clouds - how will we all be within earshot?

Will we be arranged in a sphere to minimise the distance from Jesus?

Who will be closest?

First of all, we are not sure that "2,100,000 people" are going to join Him in the air. Second, there are no Biblical references that explain how we are going to be dispursed in the air and neither are there any that state who will be closest to Jesus.

Nobody will ever know until it happens... but my guess is Jesus will be situated right over Jerusalem and his former tomb. (Then again, this isn't based on any biblical passage, just a thought).

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Pelican
Awesome post.

And I'm noticing that a lot of atheists replying to this thread are ignoring the initial question. In short, they respond by saying "No, the rapture is a figment of your imagination, but..."

Let go of your atheist beliefs for a tiny second and think thoroughly about it. If (in your case, "if") Jesus Christ did return and the rapture happened and you were stuck on Earth and ultimately destined for Hell, what would you do? Don't come back with snazzy replies like most of you.

Okay. Now if I remember correctly, I wouldn't "ultimately" be destined for Hell until I accepted the Mark of the Beast, I'd likely repent.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It talks about the dead rising. Such a thing is unnatural and as such must be treated as a threat to my existence. Zombies will get no quarter from me!

In all seriousness though, i would think that it is important to go back and re-read whatever scripture this is from. What you have quoted read to me in a manner that all would be whisked away. I think your missing the more important parts of the book.

And although this has been covered, I too cannot put much stock into a narrow minded view of righteousness that was created BY MAN.

What happens to one that holds truth, rightness, justice, honor, courage, compassion, and humility in their heart, but simply does not believe in your specific notion of Jesus?

Belief that Jesus died for your sins is the basis for Christianity, and by extension a belief in God must exist.

Simply a belief in a singular higher being, referred to as God, is a tenet of Judaism.

One can hold the above mentioned ideals in their heart and prescribe to neither, And at the same time believe in something bigger than themselves.

Yet you judge, because some do not hold the same label as you do.

Those who believe differently are somehow lesser than you when they die?

That doesn't sound very Christian.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by TruthAboveIgnorance]

Now to Indulge you. I am going to put this into a dichotomy of good and evil just to help facilitate how i view it:

I would don my get to face, and begin to fight for the side of good.
Regardless of where i was going. Resigned to whatever fate had been decided for me i would still hold what i believe to be good, true, and right in my heart. If that meant being a mercenary for good, so be it.

Daemons, nefarious creatures, evil incarnate, and general scum of the earth I would battle equally until my demise

[edit on 18-5-2010 by TruthAboveIgnorance]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapyong
Gday,

reply to post by Kapyong

we will be CAUGHT UP into the clouds to be with Jesus in the air for ever

Why don't you want to discuss that?
You DO agree that what's the Bible says, right

Kapyong
Where is the paqssage that your using? What translation are you using for your resource. I do not agree your bible. I feel the need to tell you that if I do debate you on this subject it will have to be done on common groud. My resource is the 1611 King James version of the Holy Bible. In order for you to get another response from me I'll expect you to find one and study it before you can bring anything close to intelligence to this conversation. And also I know you can copy and paste well enough from looking at other threads you have taken part in, so robbery of someone else's research does not make it your own.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Im a believer in Jesus.

this question is completely irrelevant though. who cares. we will be wisked away they wont. they will have the chance while still on earth to accept Jesus but if they dont its their choice

i don't see many people denying whats before their eyes when it happens

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthAboveIgnorance

Now to Indulge you. I am going to put this into a dichotomy of good and evil just to help facilitate how i view it:

I would don my get to face, and begin to fight for the side of good.
Regardless of where i was going. Resigned to whatever fate had been decided for me i would still hold what i believe to be good, true, and right in my heart. If that meant being a mercenary for good, so be it.

Daemons, nefarious creatures, evil incarnate, and general scum of the earth I would battle equally until my demise

I left out quoting the first three quarter's of your post since this is not a debate on belief's. Thanks for the latter part of your post on what you would do. That was the heart of the original post and it is appreciated.

The heart of the post and what "I" was seeking in the first is plain and pure research. Not debate or personnel attacks.

What I have found though is this. One need not ask an atheist anything outside of what he/she is eating for breakfest or lunch without preparing for personnel attack. At the least when asking an atheist about breakfest one had better be prepared to debate the evolution of the chicken that laid the scrambled egg.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join