It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Atheist.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

first, i would try and think about what was Actualy happening. one mans Natrual disaster is another mans rapture (as we have seen on ats mant many times before!)

if their were them mad dudes on the flying horses i would probably crap my pants, but i still wouldnt take this as some sort of vengance from god, who's to say that (rehtoricaly speaking) the flying horsemen dudes werent about long before the bible terrorising the people of earth, and the people who wrote the bible though "hey, we can tell people this was gods doing, it will make them total scared of him".

and im not an aithest, i am a man of absolutely no religion, atheisim is a religion in itself ,and probably the most annoying and pretentious one of them all ... dont believe me, go ask an athiest about god!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
ok i am not an atheist, but my family is... strange some of us have the ability to see tha future others can read minds, others can talk to dead people, and i can see injuries in a person in my mind when i touch them, or make things turn on and off, get things to work, its mostly the females. but none ofusnotbelieve in god and heres y: in the bible it says that angels inter breeded w/ humans and then there are other families like us, decendants or somthing. alot of the athiest i know still believe in ghosts but they have no right to because our world isnt filled w/ ghosts, there are ALOT of people on earth, so where do they go? there are murders and rapists and i believe they go to hell. then there are people who werent able to fill out what they needed to do in life, those are the people in pergatory or earth then there are the good people, who pray ot help other people, people who care, they dont deserve to stay on earth w/ the murderers and rapists! they are the ones who go to heaven. that is somthing to think about.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Depends on the weather .
If it's a sunny day, I'd grab a bite at some little eatery, probably choose one in the gay village, since they're sure to be fully staffed. Then, I'm ashamed to say, I'd steal a pew from the oldest church in town. I've always wanted one for the side porch and they're not going to be needing it anyway. Why not? I'm hellbound already.
Now, if it's a rainy day, I'd probably make gravy and biscuits for breakfast. Since I'll be unable to move due to that heavy breakfast, I'd rewatch that great 1991 Mimi Rogers film, "The Rapture", assuming a few sinners were left behind at the electric company, of course.
Can't really make any plans beyond that, not knowing what my mood might be.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrddin Wyllt

loll number 72 keeps coming up~

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Considering there are 6 billion people on the planet...

I do not think I would notice 144,000 people missing...

and here's a question to you...

in the event of Jesus' return all eyes are supposed to see him.. how does this work out considering we now know the earth is not flat?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Smoke and mirrors?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I wonder how many dinosaurs saw the fire from the meteor that wiped them out 65 millon year ago? Probably all of them.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

I'm not questioning why, but how? What makes your heart beat, what makes the sun shine, these processes are considered automatic, but what made the laws of the universe, if not the ones who are under such law?

Could there be the observed without the observer? Could there be a creator without the created? Could there be me without you?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

hmm.. Why didn't Adam name the dinosaurs? Anyway..

So, let me get this straight.

Jesus will head towards earth really slowly in his space ship city so we will rotate around & everyone will see? then park like on V...

" And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." Revelation 21:2

" The city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs." Revelation 21:16

then he can be the new Lucifer..

"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." Revelation 22:16

that just sounds like a UFO..

maybe he will just circle the planet like superman...

Then do we get to shoot zombies?

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first." 1 Thessalonians 4:16

"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"
Gal. 4:16

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

He did, there was Barney, baby Sinclair and Mr. Snuffleupagus.

WARNING: PROFANITY!!!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Actually there are few theory's that Most of the dinos were aleady extinct by the time of Adam. I believe the creation account of Genesis if the beginning of the record of man. Dinosaurs probably were here 65 millon years ago. However I also believe some dino's were here in Adam's time and were named but upon their extinction the names were not used anymore since the book deals with the morality of man more than the history of ancient species.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Loken68]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
What would you do if in the morning if the Biblical account of the rapture happened?

Wow. That's like asking what would I do if the sky turned lime green and all the trees turned inside out. Hard to answer. I'm sure my jaw would be on the ground for a while. Then I suppose I'd carry on and do the best with what remained of my future. Eventually, I'd die and I guess I'd go to hell and burn forever.

I mean, what ELSE would I do?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I can't believe creationists still run rampant throughout this place. You'd have though that the overwhelming EVIDENCE for evolution would have them questionning their whole views on life.

Some people just choose to ignore the truth, no matter how obvious it is. It's quite sad really.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
As someone else stated, rapture is not biblical. But I think we can all agree we will all die at some point. Maybe a better question is: To atheist: What do you do at the moment of your death if it becomes clear to you that it (Christianity/Scripture) was all true?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I wonder how many dinosaurs saw the fire from the meteor that wiped them out 65 millon year ago? Probably all of them.

Why can't you answer the question?
How can all the world see Jesus at one time?

Anyway -
you asked for discussion about the BIBLICAL ACCOUNT of the rapture - which says we shall meet Jesus IN THE AIR, among the clouds.

You haven't said a word about what the bible says about thev rapture.
Why?

Do you think it's silly to believe we will meet Jesus IN THE CLOUDS?

K.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Watchmaker

There is no overwhelming evidence for evolution. Actually more evidence points against it. It's the same as global warming except they hid their e mails better.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Gday,

reply to post by The Blind Watchmaker

There is no overwhelming evidence for evolution. Actually more evidence points against it.

In fact, the complete opposite is true.

Over the last century and more, in dozens of countries, thousands of scientists have performed millions of tests, observations or experiments that could have confirmed or contradicted evolution.

There has never been ONE that contradicted evolution.
And there are MILLIONS that support evolution.

All it would take is ONE clear disproof and evolution would fall.
But there is NOT even ONE, even though believers like Loken believe there is.

The evidence for evolution is vast and clear.
There is NO evidence against.
But believers just deny it.

All the alleged evidence against evolution turns out to be faithful creationists claims such as 'evolution can't explain XYZ.'
So what?
There are plenty of things we don't know, that doesn't make it not true.

But in the mind of faithful believer, who has NO DOUBT at all, and can never even admit being wrong - any doubt is the same as being wrong.

K.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurgam
As someone else stated, rapture is not biblical. But I think we can all agree we will all die at some point. Maybe a better question is: To atheist: What do you do at the moment of your death if it becomes clear to you that it (Christianity/Scripture) was all true?

What will you do if you find Christianity is false?

K.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

its painfully obvious your not up on evolution...

continue to let a mortal man tell you who or what God is...

and all the deaths in the name of God will repeat itself..

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
christian bible? mormon bible? ancient egyptian bible? whos bible?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join