It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Atheist.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
I'm not opening this thread for debate. ONLY serious open minded answers. I will not debate or possibly even reply to post in this thread. All I ask is that you give me a serious answer to a Biblical question. And I do understand that there are some who are not able to give a serious answer.

What would you do if in the morning if the Biblical account of the rapture happened?

Firstly if you open up a thread and put terms down that things are not up for debate then you lose all respect from me and i'm willing to bet a number of other people because to say something is not up for debate and at the same time saying you only want open minded people is comlpetely contradictory.

Either way if rapture happened and the Earth was left in a terrible state then i would do three things. The first would be to lament the fact i was wrong, the second would be to think gods a scumbag for providing so much evidence that he/she/it doesn't exist and then, after i got over that i would try and survive as long as i could.

Pretty simple really.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

You assume that whores are horny. If it happened they would pimp you out.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Good questions. I didn't claim the stories are facts. KILLFOXX asked us to "think about it" so I thought I'd give some food for thought.

It's his choice whether or not to "swallow".

Peace

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Good questions. I didn't claim the stories are facts. KILLFOXX asked us to "think about it" so I thought I'd give some food for thought.

It's his choice whether or not to "swallow".

Peace

Well, it is interesting food for thought and my time on ATS has taught me that just thinking you could not breathe in a whales stomach for two days might not be true. I find some pretty crazy stuff here but only some that can be determined factual. This makes me wonder. I really know nothing about whale anatomy. It seems impossible to me but it also seems like this story was at least crafted enough to have thought about that so I am just curious if an explanation is floating around out there. I do not believe it, but it makes me curious enough to not insist I know for a fact it is not true. You got me wondering and now I am trying to find some answer to it so hey, thanks.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

Hahaha,
Of course its not impossible for a whale to swallow a man, i never said that. I just dont think people can survive inside an oxygen deprived, acidic, extremely hot and dark environment such as the stomach of a "Whale" for 3 days and nights.
So now that YOU have "swallowed" that, you can carry on continuing to believe your big fish stories and ill believe what i believe.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by KILLFOXX]

[edit on 15-5-2010 by KILLFOXX]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well, since there is actually NO biblical account of a rapture, if something like that did happen I would probably throw a huge party and invite Lady Tuatha over

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

What would you do if in the morning if the Biblical account of the rapture happened?

I'd call dibs on their stuff.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Gday,

Please, for a moment, just assume the Bible is true.

The Bible is true.

Hahahahaha.

Why?
Because YOU assumed it ?

K.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by DeathShield
Sigh...
Islam does not promise 72 virgins, or any forms of reward whatsoever for anyone who commits suicide or murders people. It is a totally absurd lie.

Nonsense.
MANY many Muslims believe this and promise this, it's not a lie at all.

But no, it's not in the Koran, it's in other writings like the Haditha etc.

Why did you ignore the facts about this belief?
We all know they won't get 72 virgins, but you pretend this belief is completely unknown to Muslims, when in fact it's a commonly held belief.

Why don't you quote the evidence for the 72 virgins (or raisins) and argue with it?

Instead of pretending it doesn't exist?

K.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Kapyong]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Gday,

Well done, citing the EVIDENCE .

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt
"What of the rewards in paradise? ...
We created the houris and made them virgins, loving companions for those on the right hand..."

Two points need to be noted. First, there is no mention anywhere in the Koran of the actual number of virgins available in paradise, and second, the dark-eyed damsels are available for all Muslims, not just martyrs. It is in the Islamic Traditions that we find the 72 virgins in heaven specified:

Yup, there is plenty of evidence for 72 virgins belief, but it's like Deathshield has never heard of them!

(Note : we are talking about whether the BELIEF exists (it does) - not whether the belief is true (it's probably not :-).)

K.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Kapyong]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm not opening this thread for debate. ONLY serious open minded answers. I will not debate or possibly even reply to post in this thread. All I ask is that you give me a serious answer to a Biblical question. And I do understand that there are some who are not able to give a serious answer.

In all seriousness.. whats that?, exactly?

I googled and found a reference to people floating in the air, a metaphor for being dead?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Firstly if you open up a thread and put terms down that things are not up for debate then you lose all respect from me and i'm willing to bet a number of other people because to say something is not up for debate and at the same time saying you only want open minded people is comlpetely contradictory.

Yah, he's not interseted in debate at all.

He just posted to abuse atheists, to feel better about himself.

(I should remind people that I am not an atheist.)

K.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

this story was at least crafted enough to have thought about that so I am just curious if an explanation is floating around out there.

The basic image is a common dream motif. If you're in a real-life mammailian stomach, don't worry about the air supply. You're being digested.

If you're in a classic representation of unconscious contents, you don't have to worry then, either. "You" are the ego expanding your awareness.

You will emerge not merely unscathed, but psychologically transformed. Oh look, there's Jonah now, none of the worse for wear; in fact, much improved in attitude.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Katerna
Well, since there is actually NO biblical account of a rapture, if something like that did happen I would probably throw a huge party and invite Lady Tuatha over

Actually there is ONE possible vague mention :
about being

"CAUGHT UP in the clouds to be with Jesus in the air for ever."

That's the rapture according to the Bible.

Sounds nothing like what everone is discussing - there's the real problem - the Rapture is a recent made-up belief not based on the bible at all.

After the raptue was invented recently, people started looking for Bible passages to support this crazy idea.

K.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by GovtFlu
In all seriousness.. whats that?, exactly?
I googled and found a reference to people floating in the air, a metaphor for being dead?

It's very odd that he never actually quoted what the rapture is - all we get is lot's of waffle and preaching, no matter how many times we ask...

But yes -
the biblical account of the rapture is to be:

caught up into the clouds to be with Jesus in the air for ever.

That's what the bible says about the "rapture".
I'm underwhelmed.

K.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I'd probably start raiding the local stores, I'm in Texas so........ I'll be the only person here surrounded by whores

Free stuff and surrounded by horny women....... doesn't sound to bad when you think about it

Oh and for this not being serious, it's because the thread isn't, your not going to start flying up into the heavens and start getting chatty with god.

I'd give all the floaters the finger as they rise to meet their master, then party like it's 1999!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapyong
Gday,

Actually there is ONE possible vague mention :
about being

"CAUGHT UP in the clouds to be with Jesus in the air for ever."

That's the rapture according to the Bible...

I'm fully aware of the verses that MIGHT imply something to that effect also including the "two men will be in a field, one will be taken and the other left behind..." (Luke 17:35) but those verses are not at all enough to base a theory that Jesus is going to come and make all the Christians dissappear before the SHTF so that we heathens are the only one's to suffer.

The rapture theory is nothing more than a popular fictional idea that transformed into accepted Christian belief.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

I guess that would truly answer the question is America a christian nation
We put IN GOD WE TRUST ON ALL of our currency. We swear on the holy bible in a court of law where people are sentenced to death. Yet you as a so called christian ask a question like that. In theory i guess america would be on gods side. but if gods all mighty and powerful mind played all that out with seven churchs and all that nonsense. Wouldnt he have said THE UNIED STATES OF AMERICA will be one of our allies. Theres not a even a refrence to society that even remotely could be refered to as THE UNIED STATES OF AMERICA
I would say as an American i would do what every lazy ass does sit around and watch CNN as im barricade in my house. Because thats all we ever really do. Just like after 9/11 we'll donate blood and be nice to each other for a few months then get back to being self center assholes that we as Americans have grown so accustomed too.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Dark Machine]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well I would say its Has been predicted way before the Christian/Jewish bible foretells!! Sumerian / Egyptian Pre Colombian is your Answer!

When will it come hard to say 30,000 year tilt , Galactic Alignment , disruption of the Sun , Human Self destruction! did it Happen like this on Mars ? are Humans are the Martians ? Has mankind been Solar System Planet Skipping ? Who knows one thing is for sure is a lot of Movies been out predicting a Global disaster Day after tomorrow ,Knowing , 2012 , Etc... preparing ? or money making cash in Feeding on the Fear

From the 50s! SciFi Movie made in 1951 tells about a Sister Star of our Sun that has a planet Sedna ? (Brown dwarf like nemesis)
a Book Based Movie Called when Worlds Collide ! Nibiru ? all kinds of disasters before the Collision of the Distant Planet

A planet Skipping Modern Noah's Ark Deluge kinda of a Movie

When Worlds Collide (

film)
en.wikipedia.org...

When Worlds Collide Trailer
Article

Spring 1987 LBL Research Review
Berkley Labs
Does a Companion Star to sun cause earth periodic mass extinctions
www.lbl.gov...
Nemesis: Does the Sun Have a 'Companion'? 2001 Space.com
www.space.com...
From NASA 1996 ?
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

but they said it claimed every 32 million years it comes by our Solar System is the time Soon to be up? as the event are more dramatic in the last decade fire balls, earthquakes more Orb & , Ufo activity s strange thing going on in the sky Levy shoemaker 9 , Our Sun sucking up Huge Asteroids & Comets or pushing them off Course , etc... Bringing all the hype of 2012.. but am not a bit Worried or ready to prepare what would be the point !

Scientists Getting WISE About Nemesis: Invisible Star Shooting Comets at Earth

of what would i would do ! at the End of the World Event
where Laws would not Apply to Me at that point !

I will not post on a site that the Government agencies Fbi Cia NSA etc... Monitors !

Yes I am Guessing because i cant find the Answer

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a Addition to my last post ! the Ending ! Look at the New Solar Planet
as it was Lived on Before ! why and for what reason ?

Warning Spoiler!
when worlds collide 1952 - Part 9

Truly we may not see this Ending of the World in our Lifetime !

Nostradamus said ! the Ending of our World would be the year ! 3797

Prediction 911 event the wars we are having now!

skip to 8.00 mark the Ending of the world
Nostradamus - The Man Who Saw Tomorrow Part 9

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join