It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ethnic cleansing in Arizona

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The Arizona law is not racist. It is about making sure a person in Arizona is here legally. It also places harsher punishment on business that are exploiting illegal aliens.

Read it if you think there is something in it that targets a specific race.
Mexico and Mexican are not even mentioned in the bill at all.

I'm racist against ignorant people that have not even taken the time to read the bill.

www.azleg.gov...

Tell me where it is racist.

[edit on 5/15/2010 by staple]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by staple
The Arizona law is not racist. It is about making sure a person in Arizona is here legally. It also places harsher punishment on business that are exploiting illegal aliens.

Read it if you think there is something in it that targets a specific race.
Mexico and Mexican are not even mentioned in the bill at all.

I'm racist against ignorant people that have not even taken the time to read the bill.

www.azleg.gov...
Tell me where it is racist.

You can throw out all the words you want.

I live in Arizona. I KNOW in reality it targets Mexicans.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Originally posted by Annee
I would bet there are close to as many illegal Canadians in Arizona - - as there are Mexican.

No one ever talks about that though - - do they?

Annee, You know as well as me, It's Snow Bird season in Arizona. Phoenix, Quartzsite, Deer Valley, Prescott Valley, Jerome and many other R/V cities are full of our summer quest.

I was not talking about Snow Birds.

I'm talking about younger work and social minded - - - that don't want to pay the high taxes in Canada - - and think there is better opportunity here.

But they don't have dark skin. Point is - - all can say this bill is not racist - - but it is.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have given you the links to that actual bills. Now show us where it is racist. If not then at least admit that calling the bills racist is your own opinion.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by staple

I have given you the links to that actual bills. Now show us where it is racist. If not then at least admit that calling the bills racist is your own opinion.

I read the school bill not alien bill because this thread was supposed to be about racial cleansing of ideas in schools. Maybe one person got that concept, while the rest are blinded by the racial movement that the Governor supports. Maybe the bill you posted does not say anything racist point blank--because then it would have been shot down in a second--but it suits her agenda. It could not be more obvious then by her signing of the school bill immediately after, she hardly cares if she is perceived as a racist because they support her ideals.

I did find it interesting that those blinded by their little racist movement could not even grasp the concept of the topic. You throw out a phrase like racial cleansing and they completely lose it out of context. Very sad and interesting. Not too many people around here support free learning though=even sadder. Sadder still is a few good teachers dedicated to in depth knowledge in public schools(I know that sounds impossible the way the system is deteriorating from bad to worse) will lose there jobs during a recession, because of stupid Governor.

Anyway, thanks for the insight, ATS.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The consolation prize here is that Jan Brewer, who was not elected to her position will not be elected to another term in Arizona and she and her eugenicist friends who wrote this bill and who are trying to get rid of ethnic studies will be buried by Democratic contender Terry Goddard. Some here are going to be really stunned by the backlash.

Mark my words!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark_price

I did find it interesting that those blinded by their little racist movement could not even grasp the concept of the topic. You throw out a phrase like racial cleansing and they completely lose it out of context. Very sad and interesting. Not too many people around here support free learning though=even sadder. Sadder still is a few good teachers dedicated to in depth knowledge in public schools(I know that sounds impossible the way the system is deteriorating from bad to worse) will lose there jobs during a recession, because of stupid Governor.

I did not miss the subject and point of the OP.

As another poster pointed out - - I also grew up in Southern California, Los Angeles area - - - then moved to SW Arizona. I have been here 20+ years. I have grandchildren in the school district.

Didn't Arizona recently pass an English only law? I know in CA (not sure about AZ) there are cultural laws (mandates - whatever is correct terminology). If you have a student from Ethiopia - - that culture has to be addressed in the classroom.

Point is - - no matter how you twist it - change the wording - change the focus - - - ONLY MEXICAN'S are being targeted.

It is the same as Hitler raiding homes & businesses to identify Jews.

It is racist - - it is profiling a specific race.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If a Canadian gets stopped for speeding, and can't prove with the proper documentaion that he/she is not here legally, he/she will be deported back to Canada. It's the law. Nowhere in that law does it say specifically MEXICANS. People like you ASSUME that's what it means because obviously, people like you know that mexicans are the main offenders. Yes?

So does that mean you're racially profiling in reverse? Why, yes, it does.

Peace

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Actually, I would be stunned by that turn of events seeing how 70% of Arizonans approve of the bills the legislature has passed.

But I guess in reality, when Terry Goddard gets 30% of the votes, he'll be the winner? THAT would be stunning!!

Peace

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Don't confuse brown skin with Mexican, Texas rebelled against Mexico most were brown skinned.

So if you love Mexico go there, you don't even have to fight for it it already exists.

Now if you want to reclaim some land that was fought over ,Go for it, waste your time. You will have to kill many Hispanics because It was Hispanic and European settlers who fought and died for Texas. We rebelled against Mexico's oligarchy and we will do it again.

So if you think this has anything to do with race i got something to tell ya.Mexican nationals and illegals you can go to hell. This message brought to you by Hispanic United States citizens who's ancestors fought and rebelled against Mexico.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Just stopped by to congratulate the Race Baiters. You have succeeded in putting the whole country at each others throats by simply telling lies. Did not vote for Obama, your a "Racist". Want the border closed to Illegals to stop the drug cartels and make it harder for our enemies to get in, your a "Racist".

I'd also like to thank you because you exposed yourselves and your lack of ethics for everyone to see. Now maybe we can get some good people in office.

Race Baiting is such a sick thing to do it's nauseating the majority of us. Or, should I say the intelligent among us.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I did not miss the subject and point of the OP.

As another poster pointed out - - I also grew up in Southern California, Los Angeles area - - - then moved to SW Arizona. I have been here 20+ years. I have grandchildren in the school district.

Didn't Arizona recently pass an English only law? I know in CA (not sure about AZ) there are cultural laws (mandates - whatever is correct terminology). If you have a student from Ethiopia - - that culture has to be addressed in the classroom.

Point is - - no matter how you twist it - change the wording - change the focus - - - ONLY MEXICAN'S are being targeted.

It is the same as Hitler raiding homes & businesses to identify Jews.

It is racist - - it is profiling a specific race.

Yeah, they mentioned Africans in the interview, and I wonder what this would be like if it was a Chinese issue: they formed their own towns but the history of that is never taught in a way that's memorable. I guess the Mexicans are the closest and have the most movement. Where I moved to it is a spanish based culture, and they got the roots here, and I never thought twice about, probably because I'm a dumb blond Lol. Being just one state up from the border I fail to see the problem from here.

Okay so the mexican race is moving through the border illegally, after having already assimilated from there to Canada long ago. There is a big movement to stop this and the smaller racist movement has latched on to it with a vengeance. You know those guys have been training for a long time waiting for something like this: defence is the new offence. The minute men stand guard once again. Kind of a romantic ideal if you think about it from their perspective. But if you consider it in terms of the reality on the ground: innocent kids born here just going to school watching their parents harassed...it becomes a vulgar display of stupidity.

Then it becomes: we are doing it all for america!--BS.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mark_price

You are a piece of work.
A leader with, what, one follower? Maybe two?
You have no ideology, really.
Human rights? Just not the human rights of sovereign people?
You can't show a real crime. Ethnic cleansing?
Right...
Tell us about yourself. How all of this affects you!
You voice in the wilderness with such "emotion"....

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Just stopped by to congratulate the Race Baiters. You have succeeded in putting the whole country at each others throats by simply telling lies. Did not vote for Obama, your a "Racist". Want the border closed to Illegals to stop the drug cartels and make it harder for our enemies to get in, your a "Racist".

I'd also like to thank you because you exposed yourselves and your lack of ethics for everyone to see. Now maybe we can get some good people in office.

Race Baiting is such a sick thing to do it's nauseating the majority of us. Or, should I say the intelligent among us.

You mean racist baiting. How does either law affect the border or the wicked drug war? Unless it was all an excuse to search their car. That makes sense. Or by race baiting you are referring to the Governor? I'm just not as smart as you obviously, or just nauseated by different things like racism...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by Annee

If a Canadian gets stopped for speeding, and can't prove with the proper documentaion that he/she is not here legally, he/she will be deported back to Canada. It's the law. Nowhere in that law does it say specifically MEXICANS. People like you ASSUME that's what it means because obviously, people like you know that mexicans are the main offenders. Yes?

So does that mean you're racially profiling in reverse? Why, yes, it does.

Peace

Do you live here in Arizona? NO? I do.

I have not posted my personal opinion or how any of this affects me. As you can see by my avatar - yes that is me - I am light skinned of Irish/German descent.

I have posted the reality of what IS - here in Arizona. Not a bunch of words.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join