It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ethnic cleansing in Arizona

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
You can still have studies from a Chicano perspective, it just has to be open to all students of all ethnic groups and can not promote division or overthrow of the government or promote one ethnic group over another.

The problem now is that in many Ethnic studies classes the "white" view for lack of a better term is never discussed at all and to often under certain instructors these classes become nothing more than "hate whitey" classes.

They are open to all students. The NPR interview mentioned many white kids liked the ethnic studies. It is up to the teacher what the class becomes. If it becomes a "hate whitey" class then the teacher failed. They need to moniter the classes, not ban them with a law out of fear(or whatever as suggested in the OP).

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The law does not ban ethnic studies , the law bans ethnic studies classes that do the following things

1. PROMOTE THE OVERTHROW OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.
2. PROMOTE RESENTMENT TOWARD A RACE OR CLASS OF PEOPLE.
3. ARE DESIGNED PRIMARILY FOR PUPILS OF A PARTICULAR ETHNIC GROUP.
4. ADVOCATE ETHNIC SOLIDARITY INSTEAD OF THE TREATMENT OF PUPILS AS INDIVIDUALS.

thats all it does ,ethnic studies classes now have to meet the above guidelines that it nothing more.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I grew up in So Cal where I was a minority to the Mexican American ..chicanos... I can't say how many were offspring of illegals, but i can say for certain that many of my friends spoke spanish at home and their parents did not understand english.
Those that have been here for several generations held "wetbacks" in disdain.
They were Americans now and chose to be American.

I now live in Arizona and the Mexican floodgate is still open after some 30 years and nothing has changed except for the fact that most official literature is at least bilingual..who paid for it ?..

Last thought. Do you think that I as American in schools that were majority hispanic was treated with mutual respect and so on? No way. Most were only interested in their raza.

Needless to say I am all for them being kept out and deported. In fact, the sympathisers are welcome to go illegally to Mexico and see how you end up in jail for years.

Very simply this is the USA not US of Mexico. Let us save our limited jobs for Americans!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mark_price

I consider myself pretty level headed. You can read my posts.
But,
this thread is asinine. You are defending the indefensible.
There really shouldn't be this much b.s. over what Arizona is doing. Liberals have to be the most hypocritical people on earth, and you cannot tell me you are not liberal.
Public schools are funded by taxpayers, and taxpayers are overwhelmingly in favor of reforming the illegal occupation and teaching of anti-American ideals.
This is simply reform, but it can become a fight. A fight the Mexicans WILL lose.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I don't think these laws are good,

but keep in mind WHY this is happening.

Arizona IS being overrun. The California & Texas borders are harder to get through so the bulk of the human [including self-]trafficking is coming across the Arizona border.

And YES there is a large amount of anti-white or whites as villains, not just from Hispanics, but also from self flagellation, or more correctly flagellation of "those lower" working class whites by vacuum raised snobs.

If you have a neurotic anti-white thing going on, & you are white, you need to seek therapy, not inflict your neurosis on innocent others.

The truth is this ALL plays into the hands of corporations who want a resident slave class work pool.

Powerless people, who never ask for higher wages, benefits, or safe working conditions.

People who don't argue with corrupt governments launching into wars for imaginary things, or bailing out drunken Wall Street Wackos for Trillions.

Have you asked to see your US border secured so we don't have all this human trafficking going on?

Or are you in fact in favor of human trafficking?

Wink, wink, nod, nod, right?

Human trafficking is horrible unless you get cheaper lettuce or can hire a housekeeper cheap & pay no social security, right?

Twisted double standard, eh?

It is better that we maintain quality of living in the US,
INCLUDING workers rights.

Illegals implicitly conspiring with the real rogues, the corporations are undermining the very quality of life they think they are escaping to.

It isn't that illegal immigrants are especially bad people.
But people of the United States already struggled for worker's rights, even paying with their lives.

And it also is a horrible slap in the face to all the people who have stood in line for years trying to immigrate legally.

It is inherently anti-law&order. It supports criminal employers over the top of citizens & legal workers & honest people trying to immigrate all of who are trying to play by the rules while others don't.

You favor human trafficking,

breaking the law &

unfair treatment.

OK, got it.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by slank]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by Annee
I would bet there are close to as many illegal Canadians in Arizona - - as there are Mexican.

No one ever talks about that though - - do they?

In the name of all things logical, PLEASE tell me your not serious?

I live in Arizona.

Point is - if they had purple skin - we'd probably go after them too. But they don't now do they.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I would bet there are close to as many illegal Canadians in Arizona - - as there are Mexican.

No one ever talks about that though - - do they?

Annee, You know as well as me, It's Snow Bird season in Arizona. Phoenix, Quartzsite, Deer Valley, Prescott Valley, Jerome and many other R/V cities are full of our summer quest.
Just go to Safeway or Walmart and you can see all the Canadian plates on their 5th wheel haulers or other trucks.
Don't want to derail the thread, it's just I'm sure our Snow Birds are pretty close to being Legal as you can get.

Now that crazy German guy over there with the I'M TOTALLY LOST look on his face,,, I'm not to sure about
tyhis guy.
OK, He's getting back on the tourist bus to Sedona.
:

[edit on 14-5-2010 by guohua]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
The law does not ban ethnic studies , the law bans ethnic studies classes that do the following things

1. PROMOTE THE OVERTHROW OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.
2. PROMOTE RESENTMENT TOWARD A RACE OR CLASS OF PEOPLE.
3. ARE DESIGNED PRIMARILY FOR PUPILS OF A PARTICULAR ETHNIC GROUP.
4. ADVOCATE ETHNIC SOLIDARITY INSTEAD OF THE TREATMENT OF PUPILS AS INDIVIDUALS.

thats all it does ,ethnic studies classes now have to meet the above guidelines that it nothing more.

If you were of a particular ethnic group, wouldn't you appreciate a class designed primarily for you? To ban that opportunity with a law is still a bad idea. That is the best way to learn about that group of people even if you are not one of THEM. Nevermind the overthrow of the United States Government(1.) That's paranoia. They are attempting to erase solidarity with culture, which is impossible. That solidarity is natural an no threat to country unless they mobilize against it. I don't think any class has ever taught that and got away with it. If that happened it would be because of a racist teacher who should be banned anyway. They are confusing the issue with racism on purpose...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I live in Arizona.

Point is - if they had purple skin - we'd probably go after them too. But they don't now do they.

I bet they would if 3 million ILLEGAL purple skinned people invaded your state and continued to suck it dry.....thats LOGIC!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have a question. Why is it called "Mexican American Raza Studies" instead of "Mexican American Race Studies?" Seems a little separatist to throw in a spanish word in an otherwise English title.

Also, why are there so many social electives in primary/secondary schools? Instead of filing their heads with this type of divisiveness they should be engaged in more math, science or technical skills. Save this kind of crap for college when they have to pay for something useless if they want it.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired
I grew up in So Cal where I was a minority to the Mexican American ..chicanos... I can't say how many were offspring of illegals, but i can say for certain that many of my friends spoke spanish at home and their parents did not understand english.
Those that have been here for several generations held "wetbacks" in disdain.
They were Americans now and chose to be American.

I now live in Arizona and the Mexican floodgate is still open after some 30 years and nothing has changed except for the fact that most official literature is at least bilingual..who paid for it ?..

Last thought. Do you think that I as American in schools that were majority hispanic was treated with mutual respect and so on? No way. Most were only interested in their raza.

Needless to say I am all for them being kept out and deported. In fact, the sympathisers are welcome to go illegally to Mexico and see how you end up in jail for years.

Very simply this is the USA not US of Mexico. Let us save our limited jobs for Americans!

Yeah, I had friends with green-cards, and I know white people who are moving to Mexico because of the recession. I knew nothing of this raza before hearing it on the radio.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If there is a ready way to figure out illegal Canadians & send them back home i am all for it.

They undermine your bargaining power as a worker in this nation as much as any Mexican does.

Do you value your citizenship or not?

Are you in support of Human Trafficking or not?

Criminal employers not only support Human Trafficking,

they love it & sponsor it at everyturn.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Note the second half of the law

E. THIS SECTION SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED TO RESTRICT OR PROHIBIT:
1. COURSES OR CLASSES FOR NATIVE AMERICAN PUPILS THAT ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH FEDERAL LAW.
2. THE GROUPING OF PUPILS ACCORDING TO ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE, INCLUDING CAPABILITY IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, THAT MAY RESULT IN A DISPARATE IMPACT BY ETHNICITY.
3. COURSES OR CLASSES THAT INCLUDE THE HISTORY OF ANY ETHNIC GROUP AND THAT ARE OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS, UNLESS THE COURSE OR CLASS VIOLATES SUBSECTION A.
4. COURSES OR CLASSES THAT INCLUDE THE DISCUSSION OF CONTROVERSIAL ASPECTS OF HISTORY.
F. NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO RESTRICT OR PROHIBIT THE INSTRUCTION OF THE HOLOCAUST, ANY OTHER INSTANCE OF GENOCIDE, OR THE HISTORICAL OPPRESSION OF A PARTICULAR GROUP OF PEOPLE BASED ON ETHNICITY, RACE, OR CLASS

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie

I consider myself pretty level headed. You can read my posts.
But,
this thread is asinine. You are defending the indefensible.
There really shouldn't be this much b.s. over what Arizona is doing. Liberals have to be the most hypocritical people on earth, and you cannot tell me you are not liberal.
Public schools are funded by taxpayers, and taxpayers are overwhelmingly in favor of reforming the illegal occupation and teaching of anti-American ideals.
This is simply reform, but it can become a fight. A fight the Mexicans WILL lose.

Wow, well I have voted republican more than once, that never made me a bigot though. So what's your point: Liberals are hypocrites and you're one of them?

edit: I read that as Liberal headed. Sorry but your opinion is still way off.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by mark_price]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

You favor human trafficking,

breaking the law &

unfair treatment.

OK, got it.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by slank]

Um no. But I agree with you about the corporations.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You are afraid to face the bald facts?

Liberal Closet Human Traffick Supporters.

Is that so hard to say to yourself?

Just stand in front of the mirror & mouth the words without sound.

Those are the bald facts. It doesn't make you necessarily evil, but you need to start using that thing on top of your neck a lot more. Lazy intellects & evil often work in close proximity.

In Perfect Alignment with Dirty Corporations.

I know this is not quite that simple an issue, but you are trying to make this simplistic vitriol about frustrated citizens & ignoring the corporate elephant that runs everything in this nation by steering exactly where your eyes & thoughts go.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 30_seconds

Ethnic cleansing involves a great deal of murder... One tribe/group/people targets another. It's also known as genocide.

In this case, who's killing all the Mexicans?

They are cleansing the ideas, not murdering people.

American history is a good example of both though.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
You are afraid to face the bald facts?

Liberal Closet Human Traffick Supporters.

Is that so hard to say to yourself?

Yeah, because that's insane as far as I'm concerned. And I'm not bald.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Why is it cultural cleansing when the government does it to the illegal/racial separatist, but when the illegal/racial separatist do it to another culture already established in the US, it's cultural evolution?

This whole case is just trying to allow for true information to be presented without the lens of racial hate and divisiveness. I don't see how anyone who is opposed to divisiveness can be upset with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join