It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loving thy chains, Americans?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hello all. Specially Americans.

This message is for you, it is not a confrontational message, it is only inspired by my desire to overcome, as a global society, the current idiotical state of mind imprisonment we live on.

If we look at the dynamics of how an imperial power mantains it's hold, we see that there's a cycle that repeats itself. It starts in a moment of crisis when the previous status quo is threatened with political alternatives that don't favor the state of domination. Then, lot of work is done in creating a massive fear, and a massive enemy.

We had the "reds" and the "commies" who where heretic, tyrannical child-eaters, then we had the islamic, bunch of backwards illogical extremists...
In the last few months we have seen a huge political/mediatic movement with the clear goal of installing yet another Big Cucko in the minds of the American People.

It's the ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Let's stop for a moment to think about the wording being used and installed in the minds of the society. They are not foreigners, inmigrants, they are illegals, they are aliens. And i see more and more people joyfully using those terms, and how that wording plays a role in the subsequent chain of thought.

So, i propose, don't let us being spoonfed. Let's retake ownership of our thoughts.
Because of course no understanding can be achieved with an alien entity, that's why it's alien.
But i see a coincidence between rightful citizens and "illegal aliens"..., both humans.
So we should start from there right? With them being humans.

And humans, although coming in many flavors, have also many things in common. First of all, humans tend to want to be happy. How?, well, having food, good health, and a nice education helps. Then we want to interact equally with our peers, grow, create, etc.

So most of the actions humans do, have this main target, being happy.

There's a lot of reasons why mexicans are forced to abandon their country, culture, community, put their lives in danger crossing illegaly a very armed border, and being a second class citizen thereafter.

But i bet they are similar reasons to those that force working Americans to accept worst and worst work conditions, with less and less pay, and why they are losing their homes and health insurances.

It's not the inmigration folks...
It's big daddy. when will you realize that?

Or do you think that the inmigration issue is more influential to your daily life and suffering that the INMENSE ammount of money your gov't wastes chasing boggiemans?. Or the self-perpetuating financial system based on debt, aimed to strip you of anything more that the basic resources for your survival as a working unit?
But no the problem is THE ALIENS...

Come on, people.
We have faith in you, because as we had Bolivar, San Martin and Martí, you had Lincoln, Jefferson and Dr. Martin Luther King.
Stop watching CNN, start reading Walt Whitman. It's gonna make a hell of a difference.

So here's to an awakened American People.

Drakus.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'll be the first American to chime in. I don't think your post is confrontational, I think the current atmosphere here in America is confrontational. It seems like right now we are backed into a corner, and when that happens rational decisions are not always made.

As far as immigration, the majority of Americans want the illegal problem taken care of because there is a sect of the illegal community that is a virus on our country, and it is them that we target, not the hard working family looking for a better life. It is unfortunate that they are in the same boat. If there were a way to differentiate between a "good" and "bad" illegal then we would.

Liken it to cancer. To get rid of it with chemotherapy you end up killing many good cells to get the cancer. This may not be the best way to eliminate the problem, but it is effective.

-E-

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
[edit on 5/14/2010 by l neXus l]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
American number two chiming in.

The illegal alien issue in America is actually very bad. A lot worse than what is being reported if you ask me. Unless you live in parts of the country (actually, illegal aliens used to populate certain areas in the country...now it's all over) where the issue is real heated, you can't POSSIBLY understand how frustrating this all is.

You're arguing semantics. I'm arguing that I'm tired of having to ask illegal aliens for their IDs and social security numbers where I work to set them up with cellular phone service...and having them just turn around and walk out.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Problem one: They are called illegals because they are breaking the law which is illegal. Do you also have a problem with labeling people criminals when they break the law? As for alien, the definition is simply anything from a foreign land. Which fits as well.

You are arguing semantics which is simply a diversionary tactic for the real issue at hand.

The issue is not what they are called, the issue is that they are breaking Federal Laws. If you broke a federal law in this country you would be sent to jail with very few questions asked. And since your lawyer could never be as pricey as the federal prosecutors, you stand a much better chance of losing. How many times have you committed a crime and the police said -- "Well, I don't have time to deal with you right now, so just move along and go about your business...."

The bottom line is this:

Until our Federal Laws change they are committing a felony by being in this country without the proper documentation.

Forget about the free ride argument, forget about whether or not they pay taxes, forget about whose job they might be taking -- it really has nothing to do with any of that.

Those same people that we are now trying to deport would be welcomed with open arms to this country provided they followed the law when they arrived. Period.

It's actually all very cut and dry.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If you want to be an American, do it legally.
Get your papers, no matter how long it takes, and do it right.

This isn't the 1600's where everyone came here illegally, or even the 1880-1920's where Ellis Island was booming.
At least the people who came here in that time frame tried to legally become citizens of a country they wanted to help economically thrive.

This is 2010. I have a HUGE issue with someone who is in this country illegally and takes away a construction job, or any job, from a legal American immigrant, or citizen.

You worked hard to become a legal citizen, you should get a job before an illegal immigrant.
But it doesn't work that way.

Just try to go down into Mexico illegally and see what happens.
First offense is a prison term.

Why can't America enforce her laws?

Because they (TPTB) want a North American Union with NO borders!
A bigger influx of poor, work-for-pennies people means a bigger liberal demographic. (I heard that somewhere)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm just trying to say it seems you are following the carrot.

Where i live, Argentina, we also have a MASSIVE illegal inmigration. From bolivia, paraguay, peru, etc... And over and over we are told they are stealing our jobs, but it's not hard to see that's a lie. The only reason this is happening is because of the economical system, THAT causes both mine and theirs state of need, if the gov't were to tightly close down the border so no illegal inmigrant gets in we STILL be having the SAME problems.

I'm not saying IT IS NOT AN ISSUE, i'm saying it's not THE CAUSE of the issue. If everyone had a good work, financial stabilty and such, no one would even notice the "illegals", but as things are getting pretty ugly, we are showed what we are supposed to be angry at for the sh*tty situation.

Even if it happens, and illegal inmigration is stopped.

YOU STILL WOULD BE SCREWED.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Sigh....do we no longer read and analyse anymore?

The OP is not about immigration per se as must as the shills or the ignorant are attempting to distract and divert.

It's about us allowing the authorities to use a Meat Cleaver to chop brocolli.

It's about us shortsightedly surrending our greater rights in exchange for presume security!!

At least our ancestors serf forefathers were truly ignorant and not given the chance to be educated, but today you and I are fully educated and am aware.

Sigh...do enjoy the chains. May the next generations forgive us all.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We know our government and corporations are to blame. We also know that the illegals steal identities, present false documentations are decietful and work the system to get free healthcare, and welfare services etc. They are not without blame. There are too many problems and they are being ignored at the cost and safety of legal citizens. If nothing is done by the government resentment will just build.

I am sick of seeing legal law abiding citizens being ignored and the illegals being catered to. What makes them more important than a citizen? What gives them the right to take away what belongs to another?

I don't want to hear about this being someone elses land. Indians fought against each other too. My indian ancestory on my mother's side was almost wiped out by another tribe and were forced to move away from their land. We have become the United States of America with laws to protect its' people.

I want to know how it is right that an illegal can get free medical when a legal citizen has to go in debt for the rest of their lives? I want to know why it's right that we are forced to learn spanish just to get a factory job? I want to know why do we have to listen to gun shots in the middle of the night?

We know who to blame and why. The government does nothing and the illegals do not take responsibilty for their actions.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Night Star]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus

As I agree with some of your post I disagree with a bit too.

There's no carrot.
I personally witnessed 5-7 people that worked as insulators on a job.
No one in the group spoke any English. They spoke Spanish.
When asked for papers, they all came up with ID's and proclaimed they were legal.
They wanted paid in cash as soon as the job was finished. Ok, no big deal.
Then the problems started.
They were interrogated further, with a translator, because they were drinking on the job, and found out to be from Mexico with stolen I.D.'s.
This was after they finished the job and got paid.
They were supposedly deported.

Now, I have 5-7 friends (born in America) that could've done the job just as well, and stayed employed.

But they are out looking for work to this day.

Do I blame the company for hiring cheap labor? Yes.
But I also blame the people who are actually trying to be in this country and get paid for work without becoming legal citizens.

Again, this is a huge cover-up with an agenda to accomplish.
TPTB don't want borders.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus

gosh, thanks, its like you took the message off my tongue and trying to spread it. i tried to start a thread like this, but unfortunately unless you're bashing illegals its not gonna go nowhere on ats. i totally agree with you, these people are talking about the illegals while being robbed by their own govt. immigration is another "boogey man" issue a distraction. people will never get it, every thread turns into same thing

THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!

THEY DONT PAY TAXES!

THEY ARE ALL DRUG DEALERS, COYOTES, PEDOPHILES, MURDERERS working for $30/hr and having great lives!

yeah right, please cant we start discussing the REAL issue

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ponyboyats

I actually am not bashing anyone but criminals.

If I can't break the law and get away with it, neither can anyone who enters this country.

I try my best to be a law-abiding citizen.
I pay taxes to the gov't to protect the rights that I have.
(supposedly)
Why should I let someone get what I pay for, for free?

This hits especially hard to me because of personal experience.

After further reviewing the thread (again)...
I've come to the conclusion that the OP has a valid point.

It's more than illegal immigration.

IT'S A DISTRACTION

From what? I don't know.
Probably something huge that would never get covered by the MSM.

Keep researching!

[edit on 14-5-2010 by havok]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

broken record. so am i. i guess we'll never agree on anything.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

ok, well lets bash the real criminals.
the criminals in govt positions that pass laws that make us all criminals for their benefit?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
I'm just trying to say it seems you are following the carrot.

Where i live, Argentina, we also have a MASSIVE illegal inmigration. From bolivia, paraguay, peru, etc... And over and over we are told they are stealing our jobs, but it's not hard to see that's a lie. The only reason this is happening is because of the economical system, THAT causes both mine and theirs state of need, if the gov't were to tightly close down the border so no illegal inmigrant gets in we STILL be having the SAME problems.

I'm not saying IT IS NOT AN ISSUE, i'm saying it's not THE CAUSE of the issue. If everyone had a good work, financial stabilty and such, no one would even notice the "illegals", but as things are getting pretty ugly, we are showed what we are supposed to be angry at for the sh*tty situation.

Even if it happens, and illegal inmigration is stopped.

YOU STILL WOULD BE SCREWED.

It dose sound like you have One Foot In The: Open Boarders Camp.
YANK that foot out NOW! You will get burnt.

I'll ask you this, Do you get a second set of phone books delivered to your door in another language?
Do you have to press One (1) to talk to your bank representative or any business in your country?
Do you need aValide D/Lic. to get auto insurance?
Do you all read and write the same language and if not, do your illegals willingly learn your language?
How many street signs and advertisement signs do you have in another language?
How often do you go to Burger King or Mcdonalds and can't get your order filled because they can't understand you?
How often do you have to go to your local E.R. and wait 8 hours before you are seen?
These are just a few of the things we have put up with and ignored for a long while here in Arizona.
Sorry if I upset your little world.
No I'm Not.
People complain they have to wait so long for their visa and the coast.
BULL SH*T.
Try waiting 15 months or longer just for an interview with the American Consulate Office to see if you are Eligible for a Visa!!!
My Wife and I Did Just That!! Yes, We Were Married .
If you really want that better life for yourself and your children, Then you will honor and respect the country you wish to live your life in. Our illegal problem is they are rubbing it in our faces. They just want the Freebies and for us to bow down. NOT ME!
Pleas forgive me if I went off subject or ranted.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by guohua]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Until our Federal Laws change they are committing a felony by being in this country without the proper documentation.

There already is an existing law.....

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

* Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
* Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
* Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;

has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.
source

We (Americans) also have a Constitutional Law regarding illegal immigrants:

Article IV:Section 4

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican
Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on
Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature
cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.
source

So I ask, which part of these law needs to be changed? Or, it is that these laws need to be enforced?

We do not need new immigration laws, just enforce the existing ones. Are you reading this, President Obama, Congress of the United States? At least Jan Brewer listened to the people. I have no problem with anyone who wants to be an American citizen, but these gang people do not wish to do anything except push their drugs, and participate in sexual slavery. Oh, you think that kind of thing doesn't happen in America?

Sexual Slavery Within Latin America

Child Prostitution Sting Rescues 47 Children

Sex Trade Ring Busted in Houston, Ex-Police Officer and 5 Others Charged

Leaked CIA report says 50,000 sold into slavery in US every year

See, the Illegals we are all railing against isn't the peaceful farmer types, or the soft spoken Latin maids we all love and lust after, it is the bad guys we are against, am I right here? We are against the shooters from across the border, the drug traffickers, the sex slavers, the gang members, the criminals, the Illegals.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ponyboyats
reply to post by havok

ok, well lets bash the real criminals.
the criminals in govt positions that pass laws that make us all criminals for their benefit?

I agree wholeheartedly!

The corrupt gov't and all its lobbyists' and garbage!

But, we all know it has progressed so far.
The only way to stop it now is getting 10-20 million people or more to march on D.C. and literally take it over and fire every individual in power.
Then start over.
THAT will never happen.

This is one of the main conspiracies on ATS.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

nice to talk to like minded people. i think it will happen one day when they push too far. they're playing w/ fire. ppl are mad. it sucks though that they'll put one of THEIR men to lead the revolution. and again we'll revolve to the same thing. we need an EVOLUTION here ppl, not revolution.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Very well written OP. This alone gets you an S&F from me.
Also i have nothing to add to your statement because it fully reflects my sentiments

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Everyone on planet earth breaks the law everyday. The law is enforced on the judgement of the police thats why corruption rains, and totally controls society.

The illegal aliens should all be allowed to go where they want, you americans are basically all a few generations american only yourself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join