It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Loving thy chains, Americans?

page: 2
6
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This thread and some replies are evidence that quite a few on ATS are idiots who can not or will not read a post correctly and understand what is being said.

It's really simple guys. Do we go after regular street thugs that can be replaced or do we go after Al Capone and topple the entire enterprise?

If you want the former, you're an idiot. If you want the latter, you're intelligent.

Look, I just created another test for intelligence!




posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't think its the illegal immigrants faults that the "legal" citizens are mad. It is the system. How much aid to we send everywhere else then look at Mexico. You know if the "greatest country in the world" bordered mine, and I had as much rampant killing and poverty like they do down there, mainly because of the drug dealers in place in my opinion, I would also want to move. Why doesn't America even use just one special tactics group to go remove all these corrupt politicians? You can stand in your "legal" shoes and say that they should all go back and they are a huge problem of ours but for a second, try and look at it through their eyes.

A large part of "your" money is going to them, yes. But that money is going through the illegal hands of something much larger than a Mexican laborer...which also finds its way to many other people around the world. It is the system, and only the system that should be required to "get out"



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It’s not the people it is the situation. We failed as a nation to prevent this situation decades ago, and now we are feeling its negative affects from the burden that is placed on our states. The majority of illegals are hard working people, but they are still a drain on our system, and that is something that needs to be fixed. To have uncontrolled borders that also let in bad people and a huge flow of drugs is another part that needs to be fixed.

I would love for most of these illegals to be documented and determined if they are here to work. Those that are not here as a worker needs to go home, those who do not want to be documented need to go home. We need workers from Mexico but do we need 25 million? We need workers but do we need our schools flooded with their children? A documented program will be in their best interest too since they will not be undocumented slave labor.

I feel for the poor there, but there are 100 other countries with poor also, so should we also take in their poor at a cost we can’t afford?



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero
 


their children are american citizens. whats wrong with american citizens attending american schools? or you talk about the children they bring from mexico? american education sucks big time anyway, they're doing US a favor listening to those dumb ass teachers. at least keeps those dumasses employed.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by ponyboyats]



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ponyboyats
their children are american citizens. whats wrong with american citizens attending american schools? or you talk about the children they bring from mexico? american education sucks big time anyway, they're doing US a favor listening to those dumb ass teachers. at least keeps those dumasses employed.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by ponyboyats]



Lol ok..... I think that is a different topic...don't you? There are limited funds right? So we end up with classrooms flooded with illegal aliens creating extremely poor teacher to student ratios i.e. crappy learning environments.

I'm talking about people here illegally..period. Why is that point so hard to understand by so many? It is not about “brown” people, it is about people who are not an American citizen.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I'm talking about people here illegally..period. Why is that point so hard to understand by so many? It is not about “brown” people, it is about people who are not an American citizen.


Why is it so hard to understand that bailing water out of a boat when the leak still exists is incredibly moronic, counter productive and a waste of money?



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I see some bring up the concept that they are "illegals" because they are breaking the law.

First of all, I don't think one can define the world to comply with a man-made law. Second, the Law IT IS NOT above the humans, the power of the people is what supports the law so when the law goes against the interests of the people it stops being a Law and it begins being a Ruling.
(I know it's hard as hell to understand what i'm trying to say, have in mind that english it's not my first language, thank god for that)

Another thing to adress: THEY TAKE OUR JOBS!

Well, that's because THERE ARE LESS JOBS THAN PEOPLE, AND THIS SOCIETY FORCES YOU TO WORK IF YOU WANT TO SURVIVE, THAT MEANS YOU HAVE TO COMPETE WITH YOUR FELLOW MAN (and woman, and..) JUST TO SURVIVE.
What i mean with this: YOU AMERICANS AND THEM MEXICANS ARE IN THE SAME F*CKING POSITION, WE ARE ALL BEING F*CKED IN THE ASS AND THEY CAN CONTINUE DOING IT SO BECAUSE WE ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY SPOONFEED US, AND WE KEEP FIGHTING AND FEARING EACH OTHER...

And to the ones saying that i'm talking semantics: There's a lot of difference between "Illegal Inmigrant" and just an "Illegal" because in the first you are saying that THE ACT OF INMIGRATION is being done illegally, when you say someone is an "Illegal Alien" you are saying much more than that. You are building an US-THEM dicotomy that is a LIE and it serves us no real porpouse other than mantaining the power in the hands of the real Illegals, those that betray their kind for power.
------------------------

BTW: thanks to all for speaking their minds in a civil way, it's the only way we are going to find the truth. I don't like posting because i find the keyboard extremely represive, but be sure i'm reading each and every of your responses. I appreciate that.

------------------------


Originally posted by SpectreDC

Why is it so hard to understand that bailing water out of a boat when the leak still exists is incredibly moronic, counter productive and a waste of money?

I love that metaphore.


[edit on 14/5/2010 by drakus]



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
And by the way, the main reason I started this post is because i find the expression "Illegal Aliens" EXTREMELY shocking and repulsive.
Maybe is how i was raised, but i can't phisically feel that any human is an "Illegal Alien", it must be one of the disadvantages of being both buddhist and filthy commie


(let the flaming begin
)



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Maybe if we try to play a bigger role in assisting our southern neighbors in getting control of their country Mexicans will be glad to go back home.

We have lost enough lives and resources in the middle east. If we showed half the interest in Mexico maybe they could also become a great ally.

But who is going to help us?


[edit on 14-5-2010 by Digital_Reality]



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality
 


Why do people think this is a hard thing to do?

Legalize drugs.

Guess what will happen either? They have no funding left.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Maybe if we try to play a bigger role in assisting our southern neighbors in getting control of their country Mexicans will be glad to go back home.


Well, I suppose the CIA could funnel guns and money to insurgents so that they take down and eliminate the six wealthy families who control 90 percent of Mexico and gain most of the benefits. But our record of putting in puppet governments is pretty bad. And you give these revolutionaries guns and they tend to create Socialist governments. Which we don't like.

We could simply annex Mexico, like Germany annexed Poland in 1939. We could legitimately make a claim that the Mexican government is no longer capable of keeping order, and we have a right to protect our own country. Then, rather than fighting a border war against an external country, we'd be able to focus on the problem as an internal Health and Human Welfare problem. But you can just see other countries around the world getting riled up at us about invading a country and taking it over, even if we essentially claimed protection and control of Mexico and South America with the Monroe Doctrine.

But if you're going to do that, and risk triggering a World War, you might as well just put the NWO in place while you're at it. At least we'd get the currency and trade situation ironed out. And start working on getting a handle on the population threat. It's going to be a lot of work, though.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I noticed that you skirted the issue of the Mexican RIGHT to be here. You know all that crap about the land once belonging to Mexico? Despite the fact that Mexico is also a mix of European and Native people. Spain did a number on the natives, worse than what the British and French did. This p&^^ing contest with the illegal issue will never reach a solution. Funny how the black race is losing the pull of the racism card and know the Mexicans are picking it up. If all these "minorities" actually gave a crap they would stop creating these exclusive racial and/or ethnic groups. That goes a lot farther to create this divide.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
,even if we essentially claimed protection and control of Mexico and South America with the Monroe Doctrine.

Hahahaha, yeah, you go and try to do that... It's not the other countries you'd be fearing, it'd be us.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift
 


Well I gave it a shot. I knew it was thin. The whole drug legalization thing is not going to happen. Too much money to be made on both sides.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus
 


Yes, let us change their name to what they really are.

Invaders of a sovereign country.




posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by drakus
 


Yes, let us change their name to what they really are.

Invaders of a sovereign country.



And I think you are still not getting the point of my OP.

(And is Oh So Funny to hear an American talk about someone Invading them, oh, the irony is killing me...)



posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus
 


The term "Illegals" comes from an Immigrant ILLEGALLY here, which is a correct designation of them. We shortened the term to "Illegals" because Americans didn't like all the syllables involved with the term "ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT" (6).

"ILLEGALS"...(3 syllables) is easier. It's just that simple.



posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus
 


The illegals are being used by the very same people running the debt up as a weapon.

That is how you change a country, you bring in outside folk who haven't been educated in the laws of where they are going to.
You give them cover and don't enforce the laws.You stroke them love them feed them elevate them over the citizen by allowing them privileges that the citizen could not. Then when the citizen cracks down they claim racism. It don't matter what color they are it works.
Then over time you will eventually breed the people you are invading out because the land you were born in,the birth rate is 6.0 children per couple. Why is this important? Well you teach your children your views weather you know it or not you alienate your kids in a land they were born in and have them thinking people are not friendly to them.
They don't know there parents alienated them because they never wanted to be here, they were just running for there lives and hate where they are now.
They don't teach em that the Mexicans are not even natives to Mexico they are Spaniards that Invaded Mexico and are trying to invade a country that rebelled against there tyranny years ago.



posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus
 


You're missing the larger point here.

The illegal issue is real and it is serious. Get off the "they want a better life" high horse bit.

You are right however that the illegal issue is about something else. It is.

The illegal issue has been a catalyst for a growing anti-government movement in the country. The government is too big, too unresponsive and too intrusive. Many folks have known this for a while, yet there was no movement per se that gavalized so many people.

The healthcare reform was a piece of legislation the majority of Americans opposed, yet it was passed.

The government bailouts of the financial firms and auto firms was opposed by the majority of Americans, but they were put into place regardless.

The American folks know that we can not continue to spiral into debt, yet the government prints more cash.

The illegal issue has been brewing for decades and Americans have wanted something done about it.

It is the the issue that is binding folks together.



posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
reply to post by drakus
 

The illegals are being used by the very same people running the debt up as a weapon.

That is how you change a country, you bring in outside folk who haven't been educated in the laws of where they are going to.
You give them cover and don't enforce the laws.You stroke them love them feed them elevate them over the citizen by allowing them privileges that the citizen could not. Then when the citizen cracks down they claim racism. It don't matter what color they are it works.
Then over time you will eventually breed the people you are invading out because the land you were born in,the birth rate is 6.0 children per couple. Why is this important? Well you teach your children your views weather you know it or not you alienate your kids in a land they were born in and have them thinking people are not friendly to them.
They don't know there parents alienated them because they never wanted to be here, they were just running for there lives and hate where they are now.
They don't teach em that the Mexicans are not even natives to Mexico they are Spaniards that Invaded Mexico and are trying to invade a country that rebelled against there tyranny years ago.


You are right about the immigrants being used as a weapon by the same people running up the debt.

They are not elevated to a level over citizens and if so I would need proof.

And as for Mexicans not being native that is a crock. Yes they were invaded by spain but this does not make them spaniards. There are many citizens of mexico that carry native blood. That would mean that they do have a right to claim that heritage.

Most immigrants are not alienated. Most adopt the american way of life and I have heard many US raised children of immigrants talk crap about their parents homeland and say that they would rather die than leave the US so I would say that they do love thy chains.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by daskakik]




top topics



 
6
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join