It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eckhart Tolle, Scam Artist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

edit on 3-12-2015 by Neill887 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Good marketing job. The publishers made a killing on the crap he spouts out. That kinda stuff best kept within you. Try to explain it people don't get it and millions of deaths later some new fool takes another stab at it and the cycle continues on.

Source: Religion

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ringdingdong
Good marketing job. The publishers made a killing on the crap he spouts out. That kinda stuff best kept within you. Try to explain it people don't get it and millions of deaths later some new fool takes another stab at it and the cycle continues on.

Source: Religion

Enlightenment has nothing to do with religion, it has everything to do with introspection.

Did dogma come out of Eastern practices? Yes of course, that's what humans do. But enlightenment is nothing but an insight in the relation between a thought and that which observes the thought. And there's nothing to believe about enlightenment, it's something you need to do.

But Westerners are so incredibly bad at introspection that many just ridicule the Eastern traditions of introspection.

This research shows you how sad our Western culture can be:

People would rather be electrically shocked than left alone with their thoughts

news.sciencemag.org...

And what do we do with the findings of one of the West's most famous psychologists, Sigmund Freud? We create the modern marketing industry! We use the insights of one of our biggest psychologists to influence people to make them buy certain brands and products. How sad.

And if things are not going right in our heads, there is a tendency to use medication to get rid off the problem.

Isn't it funny that when we introduce an Eastern practice into a US supermax prison, murderers are changed people after only a 10 day session of Vipassana meditation. This documentary is about that program and the effect it's having on those hardened criminals:

How the West deals with introspection is absolutely laughable. Luckily, things are slowly changing and we're putting our arrogance aside to open ourselves for the wisdom to be found in old Eastern practices.
edit on 3-12-2015 by Neill887 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Neill887

I'm pretty sure that Jesus dude was enlightened, but yea religion is besides the point.

I'm cool being left to my own thoughts, and know the value of self-awareness and metacognition. Just pointing out eckhart is pretty lame.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have that same question about a lot of spiritual or metaphysical or new age people.

I think he's authentic only because his book the power of now is brilliant. I may never read another of his books and perhaps his only reason for living is this one book. I don't know if he is, but his book is authentic. Just like I don't know if Rhonda Burns is authentic but her video was...her book not so much. Does having one authentic thing make you authentic? Or does it only make the one authentic thing authentic? The bigger question is does it matter if the person is authentic or not if the net result is positive influence on many humans?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join