It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 indicted on charges of accessing Obama records

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No, I'm just wondering how many people in the USA get to the stage of being arrested for a similar crime, and lets face fact, it happens a lot.

What happens alot? People get arrested for it or the crime happens? This will be the third time I am asking you where you get your numbers.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Well there was a certain video that was released of Hilton. I truly wish that had remained private.

That does not answer my question. What legally protected private documents have you seen? Just because you did not want to see it, does not mean she did not like making money off of it. If it was stolen and released against her will, then a law was broken and there was a lawsuit. If she released it herself, she agreed to take a profit share. I will let you go ahead and find out which because either way, it was not what I asked you about, it is not a fair comparison.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

LOL, another large post of nothing.
Are you paid by the line??

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Obama's personal finance information (his student loans) is not PUBLIC information. No ones (not even the Presidents) financial information is PUBLIC information.

It is private and it is protected. Now these 9 individual ignored that...accessed a FEDERAL computer and database with no authorization...and accessed Obama's PRIVATE financial information. And they did it because they were digging for information to confirm an INTERNET RUMOR.

What do you not get about all this??? It was a crime...plain and simple. It is cut and dry...they don't even have a good defense they could attempt.

I really don't see the confusion here.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

You pretend to be smart but can't read a simple post?

Pretty simple question.

I am certain that people access the private data of other people many, many times a day.
How many of these people are arrested?
Can I make it any easier for you?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Pretty sure it wouldn't.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

It's friggin school loan records, not the blueprints for the latest Star Wars weapon.
If he has nothing to hide WTF is it even getting a mention???
And why does he care if everyone knows what the President was in the past?
THATS THE BIG QUESTION...WHY DOES HE CARE??????

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Very large post of nothing.

If you say so. I know I tend to ramble and all but nothing? I guess that is your reason for not being able to respond to any of the counterpoints I proposed to your posts? How about the questions I asked you? Those were nothing too? Then why respond at all?

Seriously very childish.

If you say so.

OK, I'll bite though..I'm not in the US so please help me by directing me to where I can find the arrest rate for people illegally accessing private data.

Ahh, I see. So I ask you questions and you ignore them because they are nothing and then move on to ask me your next question? Yeah, I do not like that game very much so until you can address what I asked you, I feel no need to keep asnwering to you.

Until then, how about you just sit there and think about the fact that you stated 3 times that you do not think this happens and here you are asking me for real numbers after I asked you 3 times what you based your guess on.

Well, if my questions are nothing then what do you suppose yours become?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

You pretend to be smart but can't read a simple post?

Pretty simple question.

I am certain that people access the private data of other people many, many times a day.
How many of these people are arrested?
Can I make it any easier for you?

First of all...I'm not going to go do more research for you. Computer crimes are on the rise...some of those crimes are unauthorized access to computers. It happens...to deny that it happens and people are arrested for it is kind of stupid.

Second of all...why does that matter? It is a crime...does it matter if 2 people a day are arrestted or 100,000 people a day are arrested? Is this really the best argument you have? You aren't sure how many other people get arrested for this crime...so maybe these people shouldn't??? How is that logical at all. I showed you that the governemnt has an entire cyber crime department...I'm sure many people get arrested...but I don't really care...so I'm not going to waste my time doing YOUR research.

I'm going to bed...this is a dumb discussion.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Yes I see your point but that is talking about private emails.
This is about what I always thought were public records.
Or am I wrong in thinking that it was the public purse this money comes from?

She was conducting STATE BUSINESS on that account.

First of all - it was illegal for her to do so

Second of all - if it was CURRENT STATE BUSINESS then it was AT LEAST as much our business as how much Obama needed for a loan for school.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

It's friggin school loan records, not the blueprints for the latest Star Wars weapon.
If he has nothing to hide WTF is it even getting a mention???
And why does he care if everyone knows what the President was in the past?
THATS THE BIG QUESTION...WHY DOES HE CARE??????

You are hopeless.

So since it wasn't top secret information...it should be available to everyone???

Hell...why doesn't he just give us his bank account info so everyone can check every single transaction he makes.

Do you really think Obama was the one that caught these people? Do you think he ordered their arrest?

Since it is JUST student loan records...why don't you give us all your loan information...it is no big deal really. Just give us the bank accounts, whatever id number you have over there in Oz, name, address, phone number...seriously...it's not like it is the plans to a secret weapon....just give it to us.

You are a nutter...and I'm going to bed.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

LOL, another large post of nothing.
Are you paid by the line??

What is this response? Why take the time to say nothing about nothing? Do you realize how you invalidate your own point with this post? Now you have a little post of NOTHING that is commenting on what you deem as nothing. Why comment on NOTHING? Why take the time to say nothing about nothing?

I get it. You have no argument. You got in over your head, cannot answer any questions or entertain logical thought, and now cannot find a legit way to just admit that. You made a bold statement 3 times and I asked you what it was based on 3 times and you can only respond by calling my posts nothing?

You ramble on about being a communist running for president in the US and call my pointing out the huge flaw in your logic nothing. I gotcha. You have no dog in this fight but for some reason have some anti-Obama bend anyway but no real reasons why. Prove me wrong or wast another post ignoring my refutations and questions to say nothing and somehow believe it is a derision on my posts of "nothing."

At least you are entertaining.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Seriously, now you guys are answering eachothers posts???

And I agree, not worth arguing with. Normal people, not bought and paid for know the score.
The ignore button looks good so rant on guys...

Maybe one day your IQs will match your line counts cause they some mighty big posts with little substance..

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This case is an invasion of privacy. There are most likely punishment like this often, only this one is more public because of the factor that the invasion of privacy pertained to Barrack Obama. If they invaded the privacy of one of their fellow students, we would not have heard anything about it.

I also do not think they would find something cover-up-worthy in Obama's student loans. Anything cover-up worthy would be from present-day, not from his days in college.

As for those complaining that the 'crime' was unjustified: If you had attempted to do this to anyone and had been caught, you would have been charged with a crime as well. Possibly a much lesser crime depending on the target, but regardless... You cannot illegally look up the private and confidential information, unless of course it has been legalized for you. And these individuals that were charged with crimes were not legalized to do it.

Therefore, their charges may be a bit exaggerated due to the fact their crimes were targeting the President, but otherwise there is not much else to this story, except possibly that Obama has some unpaid student loans... which most likely was already uncovered during the 2008 smear campaigns that all politicians in the race for President were targeting each other with.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

LOL, ThAT JUST PROVED MY POINT IN SO MANY WAYS AND PROBABLY MADE YOU $20...

I've had enough BS for one night, night guys...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Also, I find it very illogical that you believe someone that is making an attempt to debate and disprove your opinions is "paid" to argue with you. That is called delusional paranoia, and is why many conspiracy theorists are stereotyped as paranoid and delusional.

The government, as shady as it may be at times, would not pay someone to focus their attention on you. That is entirely ridiculous.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Again, referring to my upper post, it is very illogical to believe that people are being paid to disagree with you. Hopefully some sleep takes some of the edge off.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It is a crime and they should be prosecuted.

On that note.

So should Helen Jones-Kelley,Fred Williams, and Doug Thompson. But they were government employees looking to slander a private individual on behalf of their messiah so we can just let that slide.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Unfortunately, no matter their motives, government employees given legal privileges to do those things aren't committing any crimes. It's the loophole in the 'invasion of privacy' law, and government officials do occasionally use that loophole to an advantage.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AuraAI

Add another one to the club.
What a bs post to think the goverment would.t pay people to try to influence opinions.
Please, I'm laughing to hard already...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join