It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 indicted on charges of accessing Obama records

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I don't necessarily have anything "to hide", but I don't want people accessing my records just for entertainment or any reason that is not related to servicing my account.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
they payin outkast searcher overtime for this thread..

hes got all his accounts on full steam

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by filosophia

I wonder what the FBI does know,

Yeah!
If it were the days of J. Edgar Hoover, he would have Obama bent over behind the the White House 'woodshed'.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
These 9 got the same treatment as the civil servant who illegally accessed "Joe the Plumber's" records. Just abuse of their position.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

i am ashamed to say that i voted for him, there are NO circumstances in which i will do so again!!! The man lied and has lied repeatedly,worse than even george bush sr. and his read my lips, no new taxes. I think that he is probably a criminal, is probably NOT a natural born citizen. & i would like to READ the law that these people supposedly broke.(I want to see the wording of the law not someones interpetation, if they still support him i cant trust their judgement, i want to see it myself) Do i sound bitter, angry? You bet i am and i am far far far far from being alone in regreting support of this man. This guy betrayed a sacred trust, his whole campaign was a lie, he decieved me so i no longer trust or believe anything decent about the man, his actions or his motives or his words. Never ever ever again.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have done plenty of resaearch on this Obama issue, mainly on my internet.

So far I have see NONE, ZERO, ZIP, evideNce that Obama was born in Kenya. Most of my googles and web searches have given me good information that Obama was born in Hawaiit like everyone says he was.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

Well you MUST be a part of the conspiracy

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Well you MUST be a part of the conspiracy

No it just looks like Obama is a legal citizen, and it appears to be **case closed*** he is legal.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
first off I want to thank you all for giving me this time to speak . I just want to recall first and foremost that the tap water where I live is really dam tasty not sure if its a new flavor or what but its really got the cent of a pool and tang of a sleeping hollow night.

I first want to thank everyone for giving there answers on this subject.

I personally do not really think this topic is a big deal . I have not seen any proof on this subject . maybe my eyes are tired , who knows, there is a federal requirement to become a top offical . Whatever they looked at must have been proven long ago . thank u all

[edit on 13-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Oh, I'm in complete agreement with you, just making a joke.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
These documents are part of the financial disclosure process for every candidate in congress and naturally for the POTUS.

Early on red flags popped up as to Obama's ability to afford Harvard Law School and his alleged student loans that he and Michelle both claimed to have paid off.

Newsmax ran a piece back in Sept. 2008 regarding Obama's Harvard years. Oddly that piece is no longer available from the Newsmax website.
www.newsmax.com...

Sodahead.com has the piece archived.

How exactly did Barack Obama pay for his Harvard Law School education?

The way the Obama campaign has answered the question was simply hard work and student loans.

But new questions have been raised about Obama’s student loans and Obama’s ties to a radical Muslim activist who reportedly was raising money for Obama’s Harvard studies during the years 1988 to 1991.

The allegations first surfaced in late March, when former Manhattan Borough president Percy Sutton told a New York cable channel that a former business partner who was “raising money” for Obama had approached him in 1988 to help Obama get into Harvard Law School.

In the interview, Sutton says he first heard of Obama about twenty years ago from Khalid Al-Mansour, a Black Muslim and Black Nationalist who was a “mentor” to the founders of the Black Panther party at the time the party was founded in the early 1960s.

Sutton described al-Mansour as advisor to “one of the world’s richest men,” Saudi prince Alwaleed bin Talal.

Prince Alwaleed catapulted to fame in the United States after the September 11 attacks, when New York mayor Rudy Guiliani refused his $10 million check to help rebuild Manhattan, because the Saudi prince hinted publicly that America’s pro-Israel policies were to blame for the attacks.

Sutton knew Al-Mansour well, since the two men had been business partners and served on several corporate boards together.

As Sutton remembered, Al-Mansour was raising money for Obama’s education and seeking recommendations for him to attend Harvard Law School.

“I was introduced to (Obama) by a friend who was raising money for him,” Sutton told NY1 city hall reporter Dominic Carter. “The friend’s name is Dr. Khalid al-Mansour, from Texas.”

Obama spokesman Ben LaBolt told Newsmax that Sutton’s account was “bogus” and a “fabrication that has been retracted” by a spokesman for the Sutton family.

Read more about the retraction in the article. The article continues with the discrepancies regarding just how Obama financed and allegedly paid off his loans??

Sen. Obama has refused to instruct Harvard Law School to release any information about his time there as a student, or about his student loans.

Newsmax contacted the Dean of Students, the Director of Student Financial Services, the Registrar, and the Bursar of Harvard Law School. None would provide any specific information on Barack Obama’s time at Harvard, except for his dates of attendance (1988-1991) or his year of graduation, 1991.

A spokesman for the law school, Michael Armini, said it was Harvard policy not to divulge information on alumni without their approval.

“There are lots of reporters nosing around the library,” he acknowledged. So far, none had turned up any new information.

Law professors Lawrence Tribe and Charles Ogletree have both said publicly that they were “impressed” by Obama when he was a student.

Sources close to the Sutton family told Newsmax that Percy Sutton wrote a letter of recommendation for Obama to Ogletree at Khalid Al-Mansour’s request, but Ogletree declined to answer Newsmax questions about this.

Harvard Law School spokesman Michael Armini said that Harvard was “very generous” with financial aid, but only on the basis on need.

The Obama campaign told Newsmax that Obama self-financed his three years at Harvard Law School with loans, and did not receive any scholarship from Harvard Law school.

LaBolt denied that Obama received any financial assistance from Harvard or from outside parties. “No - he paid his way through by taking out loans,” he said in an email to Newsmax.

At the time, Harvard cost around $25,000 a year, or $75,000 for the three years that Obama attended. And as president of the Harvard Law Review, he received no stipend from the school, Harvard spokesman Mike Armini said.

“That is considered a volunteer position,” Armini said. “There is no salary or grant associated with it.”

So if the figures cited by the Obama campaign for the Senator’s student loans are accurate, that means that Obama came up with more than $32,000 over three years from sources other than loans to pay for tuition, room and board.

Where did he find the money? Did it come from friends of Khalid Al Mansour? And why would a radical Muslim activist with ties to the Saudi royal family be raising money for Barack Obama?

That’s the question the Obama campaign still won’t answer.

Michelle speaks again and raises questions based on her statements. Nothing new for her apparently

Speaking at a campaign event in Haverford, Pa, in April of this year, Michelle Obama claimed that her husband had “just paid off his loan debt” for his Harvard Law School education.

In an appearance in Zanesville, Ohio, in February she bemoaned the fact that many American families were strapped with student loan payments for years after graduation.

“The only reason we’re not in that position is that Barack wrote two best-selling books,” she said. The first of those best-sellers netted the couple $1.2 million in royalties in 2005.

In response to Newsmax questions about the Obama’s college loans, a campaign spokesman cited a report in The Chicago Sun claiming that Obama borrowed $42,753 to pay for Harvard Law School, and “tens of thousands” more to pay for undergraduate studies at Columbia.

The same report said that Michelle Obama borrowed $40,762 to pay for her years at Harvard Law School.

But a Newsmax review of Senator Obama’s financial disclosures found no trace of any outstanding college loans, going back to 2000.

As a United States Senate candidate, Barack Obama was required to file a financial disclosure form in 2004 detailing his assets, income, consulting contracts, and liabilities.

Obama listed “zero” under liabilities in 2004 and in all subsequent U.S. Senate financial disclosure forms.

Under the Senate ethics rules, he is required to disclose any loan, including credit card debt, of $10,000 or more. The only exception to the reporting requirement is mortgage debt on a principal residence.

The Senate reports also directly contradict Michelle Obama’s claim that the couple had “only just” paid off their student loans after receiving book royalties paid out in 2005 and 2006 – well after her husband had been ensconced in the Senate.

Apparently, Michelle Obama misspoke, according to the version provided by the Obama campaign.

Just another Michell misspeak!! The woman has certainly had plenty of mulligans thrown her way regarding personal facts about her and her husband

Campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt now tells Newsmax that the loans Sen. Obama took out to pay for Harvard Law School “were repaid in full while he was a candidate for the U.S. Senate [in 2004], and under the rules, the modest outstanding balance he repaid was not reportable as a liability on his personal financial disclosure reports.”

The Senator repaid the loans on “the expectation of a significant increase in family income” as a result of the paperback edition of his 1995 book, Dreams of My Father, LaBolt said.

Obama acknowledges that sales of the hard cover edition of the book were “underwhelming.” But in the spring of 2004,when Obama won the Democrat U.S. Senate primary in Illinois, Rachel Klayman, an editor at Crown Publishers in New York, read an article about Obama and became interested in his memoir, only to discover that Crown now owned the rights.

She asked Obama to write a new forward, and Crown then decided to re-issue Dreams as a paperback in July 2004, just as Obama made his historic speech to the Democrat National Convention.

The paperback eventually sold over one million copies, which under the standard industry royalty for trade paperbacks of 7.5%, earned him $1.2 million. However, Obama didn’t report income from the book until 2005, so it’s unclear how he was able to repay his student loans in 2004.

Responding to attacks from the Hillary Clinton campaign during the primaries, Obama released seven years of tax returns on March 25 of this year.

The Obama's never declared one dime of student loan interest going back to 2000.

The returns, dating back to 2000, indicate that the couple paid no interest on their student loans. The interest from such loans would have been deductible on their joint income tax returns.

For 2000 through 2004, taxpayers declared student loan interest as a deduction on line 24 of federal form 1040. After 2004, the deduction can be taken on Line 33.

But the Obamas never declared a dime of interest in student loans on their return, most likely because they simply earned too much money to be able to take the deduction under the IRS rules.

Just more inconsistencies to deal with regarding cut and dry situations. Michelle sticks her foot in mouth and it is always just a mistake.
www.sodahead.com...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Where is your proof?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Actually no. Could you elaborate?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You don't remember an FBI director named Hoover? How many files did he have on presidents?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Vitchilo

They committed a crime, plain and simple.

How many gov officials, have done this on yours and mine records, they also broke the law. These things are happening every day.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

Just because Obama did not go to your home to personally show you, does not mean he did not show it. It has been public record for a very long time now. Congress (or was it Senate) saw the records and declared Obama eligible. They did the same for McCain even though it is a fact that he was not born in the US.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tylermbell

This has happened before. Where did Jimmy Carter come from? Obviously he was put into power. Obama was too, but he is indeed an American citizen.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I know, just screwing around. Birthers are hilarious. I cannot fathom why anyone would believe Orly and WND.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have this to say about this:

if anyone tried to access my old records, I would want them to be prosecuted and put in jail too.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I know, just screwing around. Birthers are hilarious. I cannot fathom why anyone would believe Orly and WND.

Because it suits their agenda. I learned that a long time ago. WND would say Bigfoot is Obama's dad if it suited their agenda. The truth takes a backseat to the agenda. I am quite willing to entertain the idea Obama is not a natural born citizen IF one can present some credible proof. I've seen the aliases and such though.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join