It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 indicted on charges of accessing Obama records

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
To every poster on this thread...

From my first post all I have asked is,

Is it normal for a person to be arrested for such a cime?
And how many have been arrested?

Thats all I've asked..

Yes it is normal for someone to be arrested for this type of crime, and according to the last stats I read (can't remember where it was last year sometime) it's becoming a lot more prevalent, to the point of 1 in 5 or 1 in 6 people have had their records accessed illegally for some nefarious purpose by hackers, criminals, etc, usually to gain access to ID information to do some identity theft.. This case is a little different however, and while it falls under the same laws and regulations, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

How many were arrested? I'm not sure, honestly, there are no real figures to support how many were arrested solely for this sort of thing as it's normally a charge that gets added on to other more serious charges.

I don't know enough about this particular situation to make an educated comment, except to say, sometimes, if someone has something really really interesting or found something really really juicy, they may be holding it for court where they can leverage it to their advantage in a deal, that is also done all the time, so to say everyone would be breaking down their doors with cash is a bit far fetched, that may be, but I tend to think if they did find anything interesting and of note, they are quietly dealing with the PTB to use it to their advantages, and if that doesn't work, then consider releasing it to the public.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

I TOTALLY agree with your statement! How this is even considered to be a crime in the first place, should be a CRIME!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

commiting a crime like this is a very gray area, sometimes doing the right thing isnt always doing the right thing, ya follow?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If it was anyone else, the FBI could on suspicion look up records to convict someone. They wiretap senators and congressman all the time (Blagojevich is just one example). But the FBI won't do the same for the president, meaning he is above the law. We advanced slightly from the days of Nazi Germany were these 9 "criminals" would just get executed for snooping around but we're still not that much advanced from a primitive dictatorship that holds certain individuals to be above the law.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

SO!! You in the USA could in fact elect a President that was a satanic communist, KKK member, illegal imigrant with ties to the Taliban.

Well, you got three outta four right,

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I wonder what the FBI does know,

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

In a perfect America, I would have the right to do whatever I wanted - so long as I did not infringe on anyone else's rights.

Obama the man has a right to privacy, but as soon as he became employed by the people, his records should have become public.

Beautifully said......any other comments to the contrary are absurd.

Very simple, employed BY THE PEOPLE, his records should be publicly available TO ALL!!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I feel bad for the wicked who spend all their time working so that they don't have to do manual labor. They shun positive work like farming, cleaning, and study, while they spend their time in the court rooms working overtime preventing their corporations from getting sued, furthering their devious plans, and generally causing the world, and their selves, much heart ache. At the end of the day, what do they gain? They create the money, so money can't be a goal. They are constantly lying to the public to maintain their power, so their power is a sham, an illusion. They are too cowardly to fire any bullets, too stupid to fire their own rockets, and too afraid to physically push around the same people they supposedly rule.

These people are parasites, more shameful than humans who act like animals, since they act more like insects.

As for the people who tried to access the files, they committed a crime for the public good, but now the public shuns them because they were caught committing a crime. That should be a lesson: don't do anything for the public good if it is illegal, because the very same public you are trying to help will quickly turn on you. It just goes to show that everyone is self-centered, and why not? You have only your self to protect, unless you have children to take care of. Why risk endangerment because of a political motivation for the public good. It's tragic what this system does to good people, and so good people ought to shun the system at all costs.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by filosophia]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hypocrisy abounds.

Banks records are not public information. They are private documents shared between the Bank and it's Customer.

What in the heck does seeing these records do for any of you? What are going to find out? That Obama owed X amount of dollars to X bank and paid on X date? EXCITING! Or are you dumb enough to believe Obama put Kenya as his birth place on the forms? Really, if the guy was running a scam of that magnitude I'm fairly sure he'd be bright enough to use a U.S. address.

It's patriotic to violate privacy now? As for all the records being public because he is President-I think you guys need to come off it. He does have the right to some kind of private life. You don't need to know all his grades, you don't need to know all his bowel movements, you don't need to know all the bills he paid and who he paid them too. I'd pay any human being the same respect.

And no, I'm not paid to write for Obama. I won't be voting for him in 2012 either. I'm just a person who has retained some form of common sense.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Vitchilo

They committed a crime, plain and simple.

Obama also committed a crime, obstructing justice by refusing to release his bc, if it indicates that he was not born on American soil. The Constitution clearly states that to be eligible to be President of the United States, he must be born here. There was a reason for that. Too many European nations had been traded back and forth by royals. Anyone who is our President needs to be one of us or we will be sold out, like Obama has sold us out.
Anyone who helps him with this deception is also selling us out and helping him destroy our Constitution

[edit on 13-5-2010 by m khan]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I wish J Edgar Hoover was still alive, he would have had so much dirt on Obama that Obama would have never even ran for President in the first place.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Agree.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

YEAH but Obama got nothing to hide uh? Transparent administration uh?

Transparent administration means they wouldn't hide their actions from the public, not that you have dibbs on every single detail of the personal lives of those that make it up.

They don't owe you that.

I bet the same members trying to justify these nine peoples alleged invasion of privacy on the president would not doubt scream [u[bloody murder if THIS website revealed personal information on them to third parties or anyone curious enough to want to take a peek.

These are the same people that demand websites not turn over personal information on their members and visitors. That call the tactics of GOOGLE invasive.

QUESTION: If you find this sort of behavior perfectly reasonable and support these alleged criminals then why don't you put up some of your major personal information unedited or censored in your next post in this thread?

Or do you have something to hide?

- Lee

[edit on 13-5-2010 by lee anoma]

[edit on 13-5-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by Shadowflux
reply to post by K J Gunderson

It's private information, or at least I feel it should be. The difference is that when they do it to me it's "procedure", "required",my consent is mandatory. Why can we not look into the president's background yet our histories are open books?

You did not answer my actual question. Just because it is "procedure" or "required" as part of your interaction with THAT agency, does that mean I get to look at your private information too? Is your history an open book to me?

If you're willing to pay the service fee on a background check website, then yes. If you know how to research these things you could have the history of my family dating back hundreds of years.

Obama is no longer a private citizen, his history should be open to those who pay his salary. He rules by our consent, he is our employee

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
These nine people must have discovered something really juicy.

if they had
we'd of heard about it by now

or maybe that's why there is still
the birther movement going

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by m khan

Obama also committed a crime, obstructing justice by refusing to release his bc, if it indicates that he was not born on American soil.

What are you talking about??

He already did that.

The State of Hawaii has verified the information and he was deemed eligible by the U.S. government.
I don't know how some people have missed all of that.

You need to read something that isn't from WND.
That or please show me where he refused to release his birth certificate or provide any proof of citizenship, because if he did that he would not be President.

Some of you liken Obama to a magical God that blinks his eyes and makes impossible things that would never take place in the real world simply happen. Like he just magically made every member in the U.S. government bend to his will and lie for him.

Also, condemning an alleged crime, and then condoning another one in order to prove a crime took place, is just ridiculously hypocritical.

Especially when there was no crime to begin with but people refuse to simply accept that.

- Lee

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This reminds me of the case where Jessica Simpson was having her phone records looked at and used or sold to people. Oh, the people who were looking her up were T-Mobile employees. Bored employees and fanatical fans. The point is this. Just because you really like or hate someone, doesn't give you the LEGAL right to look into their background because of your bias. If these people are doing this to the President, what makes you think others aren't doing it to you? Maybe identity fraud comes from government workers. Regardless, it's not right; and in the end, will it prove anything?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

you said it all, that is the world we live in. Fair and right has no meaning anymore!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

while it is a crime, i like that they tried for the rest of us. i like obama, i'm just sort of suspicious of who he is. he came out of no where and is in the whitehouse. its not like hillary winning, where we know how she works, hes sort of invisible.

edit: was anything leaked?

[edit on 13-5-2010 by tylermbell]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If his mother is a citizen and lived in this country, then it doesn't matter where he was born, he is still considered a naturalized citizen and thus able to be President.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join