It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have aliens hijacked Voyager 2 spacecraft

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Guys

THIS IS A HOAX

See my prior comments

You could be a disinfo agent.

This might be real.

Are you serious?

I guess the mind believes what it wants to and if any evidence to support a logical and opposing conclusion is presented, I must be a disinfo agent too....

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If there are aliens around that can make contact we speak, I think we can assume that all ancient myth, folklore and scripture along side unexplained archaeological discoveries are truly reminders of the past and warnings for the future. Which lead me to only 2 possible scenarios:

1. Aliens will come to enslave us.
2. In the wake of our visitors follow others. They will be at war with eachother, we will be in the middle of it.

Either way, we're screwed.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
So aliens opened up the satellite's internal computer, reverse engineered the hardware, magically turned machine code into readable code, reverse engineered the readable software code, and then made changes and reprogrammed the software code, recompiled the software code, and uploaded it back onto the satellite's memory, and then rebooted the satellite's system to take effect, and then told it to send messages in an unknown format with information we couldn't understand??

Hmmm, yep. That sounds about right.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Maybe the Aliens found it and played the disk and were loving the music and sent a reply back asking for some more of Blind Willie Johnson???

There cool like that

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

What grade did you drop out of school?

it uses solar panels and light from the sun to power itself.

It looks like you dropped out early aswell. The scientific equipment on the Voyagers is powered by an RTG (Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator). These use the radioactive decay of Plutonium to provide power. Solar panels do not work in the outer solar system, because there isn't enough light for them to work.

Anyway, neither of those power sources is used to propel spacecraft. That is provided almost exclusively by the rockets that launched them. I say "almost", because there is another energy source that the Voyagers and other spacecraft can use, and that is GRAVITY ASSIST. The Voyagers used this handy technique at Jupiter to bend their trajectories, and accelerate them out to an encounter with Saturn.

Both Voyagers achieved solar escape velocity after their encounters with Jupiter. Voyager 1 was directed to a close flyby of Titan (Saturn's largest moon), but this resulted in the planet's gravity "bending" the trajectory of the spacecraft up out of the plane of the ecliptic (the plane in which Earth orbits the Sun) at an angle of 35 degrees. No further planetary encounters were possible. However, Voyager 2 was sent on a different path....one that would take it out to Uranus, and then Neptune. Each time, the spacecraft used that planet's gravitational field to send it to the next one.

The point here is that, since there is no friction in a vacuum (ie. space), the two Voyagers can essentially only be slowed down or speeded up by gravitational forces. The gravity of the Sun is still acting on both of them, and still slowing them down to a certain extent. However, they are travelling way too fast for the Sun to pull them back. They will leave the Solar System, and never return.....

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Mogget]

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Mogget]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Has anyone thought that at the end of the buuble in space is a different type of of outershell to this universe that has contradicting waves almost like an opposite to us reversed,

how does a thing like that "update" itself
without human help

[edit on 13-5-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Maybe the message reads...

"This is the big giant head. I will be visiting Earth to review your mission in person. Dick, Mary Albright is mine now!"

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Comments from a software engineer/architect.

1) If you don't change computer systems they generally dont break.

2) If they do break and you haven't changed anything then they are normally properly broken in the hardware, things don't suddenly change in functionality ie the sort of functionality change that would be required to change the format which is the case here.

3) More on format, or my take on it anyway.

When you send data from one system to another, both systems need to do it in a particular format. If they use different formats then you will not be able to communicate.

For example: A simple message may take the format (and I am making this up as an example, having no idea what voyager 2 is actually sending...)

current_date 20bytes
velocity 10bytes
directionX 6 bytes
directionY 6 bytes
directionZ 6 bytes
status 1 bytes.

So each element of the message is a certain width allowing NASA to translate the message.

Now if somebody wanted to send anything different down a frequency that they new we were listening on, they would know that we were sending something, but not the format (unless they reverse engineered all that stuff...generally considered unlikely). To try and communicate they would have to send something else, however if NASA don't known the format or even character set (each byte is 8 bits- and we use a code- eg ASCII - to map one to the other) then they would be totally unable to make any sense of it. It would be complex to decipher when you do't know these things...and you don't have a "Rosetta Stone"

Cheers

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

What do you mean by this? Can you explain that in better terms? Do you mean that were trapped in a bubble?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The 2nd one.. duh..

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

t0.gstatic.com...:gaq88lMjh3zoBM:antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

it studies the outer limits of the heliosphere - a magnetic 'bubble' around the solar system

www.spaceflightnow.com...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

do we live in a giant cosmic bubble?

www.ox.ac.uk...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Voyager 2 is now on a collision course with Hollywood... with Elvis and Marilyn Monroe onboard continuously cloning themselves using alien DNA splicing.

They are coming to repopulate Earth after humans are destroyed in 2012.

Just kidding.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

also you mean they are being sucked out at an accelerated rate

they are currently studying this

OSB: How could such an idea be tested? TC: Although the 'bubble' model reproduces approximately the same supernova data as the Dark Energy model, the details of what one should expect to observe will be different. At present the supernovae observations are not quite good enough to tell the difference between the two models, but the upcoming supernovae missions that are being proposed should be able to gather enough data to decisively tell the two models apart. There are other data sets that could be used to test this model as well. The microwave background, for example. As yet the calculations of what one should expect the microwave radiation to look like in the 'bubble' model are not well understood. We are working on this now, and hope to have results soon. Others have suggested using distant galaxies as mirrors, so that by looking at radiation that is deflected off them towards us, we should be able to tell something about the existence, or not, of a giant 'bubble'. This is a very promising idea, but again the current observations do not yet appear quite good enough to decisively distinguish between the two models.

www.ox.ac.uk...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Its just a blip in the workings of the Multiverse theory, still the same probe and no Aliens have "tampered" with it, but for some reason the further out you travel away from the destination of origin, the more dimensions of space you start to encounter.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
But still, how can a man made-programmed machine start sending information in a way that A) Wasn't programed into the machine by the original Programmers, and B) Wasn't added (via hardware or software upgrade )after lanch?? How can a machine "evolve" itself while being constantly monitered?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
It would make a cool plot for a movie. I hope its more than a bug.

V'ger is a character in the fictional Star Trek universe. Given life by a race of living machines, V'ger is a sentient being that evolved from Voyager 6,

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
As people before suggested its A Rot Bit. Completely plausible theory why there is unidentifed code coming from voyager. I really suggest this thread to be locked. If you ask me what's interesting, I'd answer what will actually happen to voyager communications and everything else once it exits solar magnetic field.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by prettygreeneyes26
It is possible that the transmissions have been scrambled by one of the interstellar shock waves that buffet the satellite far into deep space.

(sigh)
There are no "shock waves" out there.
No "bow shock", no "termination shock".
All nonsense.
How can you have shock waves in a vacuum???

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neil wilkes

You probably haven't heard that there is all kind of radiation in space all around?

In Chernobyl Nuclear disaster they tried to use robots to move stones, but they ceased to operate after few hours because of the radiation. That's why in the end the whole stone carrying was done by manpower.
These volunteers were paid around 100 dollars, for the whole thing and most of them are dead now. Shows how much we value human life here on earth, but thats not the point. It was about radiation.

The case has been solved.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by SpeDeZo]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join