It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have aliens hijacked Voyager 2 spacecraft

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I talked to an alien last nite and he said that they are saying" HALLIBURTON CAUSED THE OIL SPILL, AND THAT WE AS HUMANS HAVE TO CHANGE OUR WAY OF LIFE ON THE DEPENDENCE OF FOSSIL FUELS AND GO EARTH FRIENDLY"," LOVE EVERYTHING ONE LOVE"

THAN HE TOOK OFF IN THAT ORB SHAPED THINGY, I CALLED IT A UFO!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This just in ... the message has been decoded. It reads,

"Thank you for the free music sample, but we are just not interested in a 24 month subscription at this time. Please delete us from your mailing list.

Respectfully yours,

Galactic King Zandor"

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
Technical failure is more than likely to explain that, BUT then, why does the code is in an unknown format? Some natural EM disruptions from neighboring space bodies/waves that could have messed up the code, perhaps?
[edit on 13/5/10 by Echtelion]

I was wondering this, too but think what Astroengineer said on hbis blog might explain it. He's talking abuot some other satelite but same thing might apply:

A discussion followed and by the end of the meeting this became the leading theory, that a cosmic ray or some other event had bit flipped one or more bits in the encryption key used to encrypt data for Earth and decrypt data from Earth. With the key no longer matching the key on Earth, the satellite was effectively speaking a different and incomprehensible language.

astroengineer.wordpress.com...

Astroengineer doesn't explain Voyager specifically, I don't think Voyager would use encryption in the 1970's. But I guess if some used to format the messages for Earth was damaged it could screw things up.

Paul

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by paulism

My guess is that it was encrypted to stop others of PLANET EARTH from also collecting the data "I don't think Voyager would use encryption in the 1970's. But I guess if some used to format the messages for Earth was damaged it could screw things up. "

And as for the public actually knowing if it is really a message from another race ....... DUDE THAT IS SO NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Remember we have already been visited with a crash in Roswell, and look how free with information they were then, sorry to say but the powers that control the flow of information are sure not going to share this information if there is anything to share that is.

I feel that if anything it would be filtered to the CLASSIFIED files along with anything else they have learned.

by the way I still think the wow sound was not ALONE.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
What do they mean by format? Do they mean they don't recognize the file extension?

I dont think they are running Windows on that thing...

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I vote it's a Sagan joke. Some 'voice beyond the grave' thing, like 'If you're receiving this, congratulations. You've survived longer than expected.'

Cool thread.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Bit flops or flipped bits would be no problem for an agency as big and as technologically advanced as NASA to figure out which bits to reflip or what flips to rebit to be able to read any message that Voyager could send back.

If this is the simple reason they can not decode it then we are in big trouble if Germany ever decides to reform a nazi regime for we will never be able to decode their transmissions this time....

I am sure if they can't do it and were to release what was transmitted on the net then within hours some of the serious and genius hackers who live there will be able to in hours..... But then perhaps that is their fear of it being released...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by theQuest

That's because it's all a hoax they let you believe because they expect to deliver you new equipment on a regularly basis.

Old stuff don't last for only five years because it has not yet been designed to break down.

I still have a tv that works perfectly and it was the first colour tv of my grandparents.
It's easily more then 25 years old.

Theres a difference between a color television that recieves and displays an image that is fed to it, and an outdated piece of equipment that is 10+ BILLION miles away, has been in use for 35 years, when its original mission was designed for a 4-5 year mission, has avoided damage from any type of space debris or physical deteoriation, etc etc...again, just my personal opinion/observations, but I do believe we are being duped on a lot of this stuff....

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by theQuest

Lets just say we simplify this for everybody( as my Father in law was kind enough to do for me) Something as simple as changing something from a Window Specific format into a Linux format is kinda like, changing the sounds of the vowel in the English language, then eliminate punctuation, adjectives and verbs, and try and read it. it's not just as simple as just running a program, if it's an "UNKNOWN" format they have the LEARN it. try learning HTML in a day, or a week for that matter. To program a computer to understand something, you must first have a human understand it, and then program the computer to understand it.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

We should have sent them a subscription for itunes instead.. can't embark on alien relations unless it's for a profit.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm glad the aliens are so un-advanced they had to use are crap old satillite to send a signal.

We could be in danger if the had thier own radio

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Use our old satellite to send signals??

No, umm... our "Satellite" is sending its own signals back to us that could be picked up by an alien race and that race in turn thinking it is directed at them sends a signal back to it and that signal is then returned on the same path as messages directed to earth based stations as it normally would without ever knowing it is even sending any extra information ( it is an old technology with no AI built in after all)

There is no information from an old out of date piece of equipment that NASA could not easily decode and anyone that believes they can not decode it should go to ebay and put a bid on the bridge thats for sale there.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
And the final death toll for this thread... It's in The Sun today!

Aliens Hijacked NASA Craft - The Sun

Oh the humanity!!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
This is certainly interesting . A device which has functioned perfectly for three and a bit decades suddenly going bonkers and talking nonsense is always slightly bemusing in my eyes.
However, I find it ammusing that the first place we go as a group of supposedly intelligent people, is "ITS DA ALIONS!! OMFG!". Dont get me wrong, nothing would tickle me pinker than such a thing being the case , I would be out in the streets dancing, singing, and waving shiny things at the sky (Im a bit loonly like that ) however, reason comes into play here.
First of all , theres no way to find out what caused the transmission format change until the transmission can be decoded. Which it cant. This means that the future holds one of two things. First, they somehow figure a way to decode the mess and find out what the heck happened to Voyager. Second, they never figure it out, and when the possible alien visitation occurs, we are all suprised and crapping ourselves and whatnot. Or nothing happens, and logic dictates that something way out in space collided with Voyager , screwed up its transmission format, and had us all screaming like a pack of rabid baboons, over what amounts to an interplanetary fender bender. But we cant know till folks smarter than us have been over the data for ten years solid to try and make sense of it... sooooo.... wait till then before making all sorts of bizzare and ultimately pointless speculative comments.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
It would be really helpful if they would release the signal to the GP and let the savants out here have a go at it...

While this may have been an out of the blue request... it's not a bad idea at all... if there is some kind of replied message why not put it up on the internet so we all can try and decypher the code...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Well, lets see. Although I err on the side of proof and reason, one possibility is that NASA are bound by the secrecy inherant in governmental endevours . Lets face it, the CIA have as much to do with NASA as do the treasury and the airforce and the president. Its a disgusting secret inbreeding program where information is concerned .

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

To be fair mate, my TV has worked fine for the past 5 years and then suddenly exploded last week. I think the really amazing thing is how Voyager is still working at all. it was only supposed to run for 4 years.

Don't forget, they spend millions upon millions on these things. They build them to last, but sooner or later, they will break down. Anyway, it's probably only a simple software glitch. I still believe the bit flipping explanation. I'm a computer scientist and this makes perfect sense to me. It would be like replacing every space in a book with the letter "E" and then giving it to a 6 year old to read, without telling him what you've done.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Curious how both Voyager probes have been transmitting data fine for three and a half decades, but right now, when they are on the very verge of leaving the Heliosphere, effectively leaving the outer extremes of our solar system, and entering into interstellar space...a probe get's zapped by a 'cosmic ray' and screws up the data format?!

Three and a half DECADES of perfect transmission.

Someone or something, patrolling 'the borders of the playground', doesn't want us to know what is beyond our designated sandpit methinks.

The data probably says something like 'No entry - minimum age restrictions apply'.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Oh I couldnt agree more with your sentiments regarding the original predicted lifespan of Voyager2, and I wouldnt be suprised to hear that the formating issue is as you say, down to a software fault.
I guess the gist of what I was saying is, that theres little point in speculation at this point, because untill the data sent from Voyager can be translated, we cannot confirm our suspicions, and being as we are in the early stages of this situation, all the prediction, and speculation that we produce will likely as not mean NOTHING by the time a conclusion is reached!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Actually, I think I read yesterday that they were going to reconnect and try a bit-by-bit download (that is gonna take forever!) to see if it is a flipped bit (a 1 instead of a 0 somewhere or vice versa). They know what they should be recieveing, so if they get something else, then voilla! they know where the problem is. They could then use this knowledge to decode the information they have already recieved by tweaking the translation software with the flipped bit in the right place to correct the error.

It's gonna be a long and tedious process and I'm glad I'm not the one doing it. Don't forget, they are recieving RAW data and without a human interface translator, you're basically looking at binary!

[edit on 14-5-2010 by nik1halo]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join