It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have aliens hijacked Voyager 2 spacecraft

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
the problem is either 1 of 2 things

There are "probably one or two bits which have been flipped from a 0 to 1 or 1 to 0, and that affects only the science mode data

or

It is possible that the transmissions have been scrambled by one of the interstellar shock waves that buffet the satellite far into deep space.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Need more information

What do they mean by an unknown "format"?

If it was an unknown language or dialect wouldn't they say just that?

What do they mean by format? Do they mean they don't recognize the file extension? Do they mean that the data uses some unknown encryption code? Do they mean the audio, if it is an audio file, plays on a different wavelenght? Do they mean the audio is another format as you need it to emit vibration in order to hear/feel it?
Another form of morse code?

What an incredibly vague statement to use, an unknown "format"

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh man, is that thing on the fritz again? When this happens I usually just give it a rap with a ratchet or something. I'll be back in a few...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I agree it is very vague. And the reason they give, the offical explanation about the flip, can't really be correct if it's the wrong format and they don't know what it is.

Hard to decode and give an explanation if you have no idea what your reading.

~Keeper

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
What if they're just saying that it's scrambled?
What if they do in fact know what is being transmitted & know what the message says?
If they do know what the message says, I know that they wouldn't tell us right away. I'd at least like to know if the transmission had a rhythmic pattern to it or not. Has anyone heard even this?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

The government should know more then the public. Who knows maybe they already alien life exist and we're trying to reach them, live.

+6 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

The government should know more then the public. Who knows maybe they already alien life exist and we're trying to reach them, live.

I disagree. The public should know EXACTLY what the government knows.

That's a true and open society.

~Keeper

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I disagree. The public should know EXACTLY what the government knows.

That's a true and open society.

Well, whether the government should or shouldn't know more than the public, one thing is for sure ~ the aliens probably know more than everyone! Considering NASA can't figure out whether the transmission is a communication attempt or a malfunction sums up this point nicely.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I hope its hijacked and then they crash it somewhere near washington, dc so all the thick-headed skeptics will go woooooooooooooowwwwwww

Why bother look for alien life elsewhere when earth is teaming with covert alien life already? Do people never see ufos flying around? Yeah ok they cloak, but still I have seen quite a few because I live in a remote area.

Sometimes they take the shape of a plane, a satellite, bright stars etc but you can tell they are ufos because they make abrupt moves that the afore-mentioned cannot.

Nevermind the hollow earth theory or underground bases.........some people have a lot to learn!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Let me give you two scenarios

1) The govt. hides all information about alien life due to fears of the public going wild it causing utter social/civil chaos.
And then one day BAMMMMM, they say a flying saucer get first contact and hundreds of youtube videos and the very thing that the govt. feared now becomes a reality.

2) The govt. releases all information about aliens, people have access to all information available, the mainstream news covers it, slowly but surely because of the more and more attention it gets people are now very open to existence of alien life and that our planet will one day have first televised contact.

Which scenario would be more devastating?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hold on a moment we programmed the computer onboared the craft we should be able to desipher it in what ever order the the data comes through you only get out what you put in. Unless its been changed which is highly unlikely.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I believe both of the scenarios you have painted are happening.

How else would they do it in order to keep everyone utterly confused?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Afterthought]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Can't we have the data ? Like that we will have the opportunity to see by ourself !
I guess NASA liars can't change a MP3 file into a Wave file !

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well I hope it wasn't hijacked by the Borg.

Next thing you know it will be destroying the Solar System while looking for its creator.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Would be nice if we could see this "garbled" data, quite interesting in itself just to know what the data looks/sounds like. Doubt we'll ever get it though and this story will fade away as no new news comes out about it or we'll be told a story which while believable to most will be unbelievable to the conspiracy folk!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Am I the only one that finds that this Hartwig Hausdorf is an "expert" on aliens?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I have always questioned why in the world they put records on the thing. Sure, Sure so something that might find it might figure it out.

But if I handed an old Victrola record to a teenager today, how long would it take for him to figure out that the "really thick LP" needs to be played at 78 RPM's and where would he find a record player to play it on?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Wow.. this is crazy. But at first I tought it was a HOAX.. maybe not?!

Great!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
they put a record on it because that's what we had at the time. that thing has been in space since the 70's

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
Hold on a moment we programmed the computer onboared the craft we should be able to desipher it in what ever order the the data comes through you only get out what you put in. Unless its been changed which is highly unlikely.

So NASA is looking for humans in outer space?

imagine sending something in outer space for contact and you force them to communicate back within delimiters of your protocols.
that doesn't make much sense, i'm sure this is not what Nasa attempted

that's like saying I can't send you a file with a file extension that MS Windows doesn't understand as an attachment to an email.
I could send you anything i want

Yes I know there was no MS Windows when this was sent
But still..........
I'm sure NASA scientists were foward thinking

I don't know I may be wrong
I am not against that view
I could very well be wrong

But am I missing something here?
Did they send an tape recorder to them, or what??

People in this thread are using the word recorder
Can someone fill me in?
Is NASA that stupid?
What exactly did they send to outer space?
Can someone tell me?

And if this data was anything worthy why would they put it in a mode to only transmit spacecraft health and status....

[edit on 12-5-2010 by ModernAcademia]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join