It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have aliens hijacked Voyager 2 spacecraft

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
so what
they released the info that ufos are visiting earth a few years back now
look it up on google ufo documentation released at least 3 countries released the info they ve been covering up 4 over 30 years
hope im not of topic but if u new that this is not a big deal really

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

I don't recall any of the released government UFO papers saying anything about aliens. Most of the reports simply mention UFOs, but do not mention anything to do with their origin, as it is unknown.

If I'm wrong, please provide a link to the report (at least all of the British ones are available online), as a I would love to read about it.

Thanks.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Dood, seriously. You really need to stop making up your own interpretation
of the news. Leave the science of science to the scientists, no where hidden
in any news item is there any mention on any Alien Encounter.
It is space anomally that can't be explained, as yet. And that is not proof
of Aliens.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

NASA better hope they got Tank from The Matrix working for them then.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Oh man... Im a locksmith , and I regularly perform a discipline called cutting to code. Its very simple. In a series of keys, there are x thousand differs, and to create from scratch a new key, means that you have to know all the cut depths for the key you are suposed to be cutting. In order to find the information you are looking for it is often required for one to sit down with a twelve page thick document, looking for a ten digit number (five cuts to a side). Before now I had to cut seven hundred out of ten thousand differs and for WEEKS I had nothing but rolling lines of code behind my eyelids , every time I shut my eyes! Good luck to the people decoding that !

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is definitely something spooky going on with the Voyager2 zonde. Since when does a computer device start creating its own "new code" system. It just cannot happen. It is literally only a glorified 56k telephone fax machine modem device. That was the state of the art technology thirty three years ago. Except ofcourse, as is being speculated by the author of this thread, that aliens have indeed hijacked it. Well as soon as our boffins translate the "new code" system and work out what it is the aliens are trying to tell us, we can begin preperations for welcoming them to a big interplanetary, get to know the interstellar neighbours, garden party perhaps in Central Park in New York ? Or Washington DC ? Where will be this increadable event ? Who will get to be invited ? Presumably it will be transmitted by television or streamed via the internet or both ? Many will say it is just a hoax ? Saying that it is just a holographic projection stunt ? Are these aliens capable of higher dimensional travel ? Are they anything that we can even begin to understand ? Are thay anything like ourselves ? To our horror they might be insectoid. Giant cockroaches who want to eat us. "WE ONLY SEE WHAT WE BELIEVE IS POSSIBLE". So, according to this adage, persons who are not able to understand the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos, are thus not going to be disturbed by the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos. However, those who do understand the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos, are thus more likely to experience the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos. Just because one is not able to see and hear and touch the object or person, does not mean that others cannot see and hear and touch the object or person. Look long enough and one might also be able to see and hear and touch the object or person, even though to begin with the object or person was invisible to your perception of reality. In my comprehension of the Cosmos, I believe it to be the case that what we see as material reality, is not of our own choosing, but rather is entirely in the Hand of God. One is at the Mercy of God. It is the Power of God that is deciding our destiny. Buddhists call this the Law of Kharma. If you read the following book you will begin to understand the situation. "THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE" by author MICHAEL TALBOT published 1991 by Harper Collins. ISBN 0-586-09171-8.

[edit on 14/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by ModernAcademia

...the reason they give, the offical explanation about the flip, can't really be correct if it's the wrong format and they don't know what it is.

~Keeper

Actually a "bit flip" would be one explanation. It'd probably be the most likely as well. It has heppened before with spacecraft bombarded with stray cosmic particles/radiation. It's probably not the most entertaining or exciting explanation but occam's razor and all...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
This is definitely something spooky going on with the Voyager2 zonde. Since when does a computer device start creating its own "new code" system. It just cannot happen. ...[edit on 14/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]

Have you ever had a sector on one of your harddrives get corrupted. Basically the same thing. It does happen. One bad sector can render entire files or drives unreadable. It's not a "new code." It's a corrupted file system. I wish the aliens were reprogramming the datastream to send us a message, but it's not likely.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixus
Is anyone else annoyed that it's just NASA that gets first access to data coming from these probes? Surely data which is important to the human race as a whole should be immediatley accessible by anyone with the means to receive and decode it?

Is it actually possible to intercept data coming from the various probes we have out there? Or would that be considered a "risk to national security"?

Also, first post.

yeah it sucks but soon enough when there done with it its just a simple task of invokling our right to the acess of goverment docments through FOIA and sure half of it will be missing but itll be something

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Aliens to Earth after intercepting Voyager ": We have read your words , we have been searching for a new food source for our Planet Zenty for eons.
We are coming in eagerness to harvest you all , you will be eaten alive,we must say it was most sporting of you Earthlings to tell us your location,most planets citizens fear being eaten alive by us Zentians.
As brains are the tastiest part of most bipods we will start harvesting the scientific community of your planet first, please reply ASAP if you wont be totally obliging in relation to this.
NO reply will be taken as your continuing obliging attitude.
Arrival date April 1st 2012.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Your right and wrong, referring to bad sectors ...... and drive corruption. Yes as your operating system is extremely inflexible in regards to how the data needs to be, that not to say it CAN"T BE DECIPHERED, because it can and is all the time if its important enough, or if you want to spend the money to have it recovered, because short of extreme conditions and intentionally smashing the drive the data usually can be pieced together.

You hear about it all the time and I have done it more times than I care to think about professionally, its tedious and time consuming, we have some really good software out there now that takes a lot of the hard coding / decoding work for us. I would guess if it is in fact just a matter of de-scrambling the data, that could be done in relatively short time, because you have a basic structure and look for specific package id's, does anyone remember the early days of modems....... every piece of data has a data container that determines what order that piece belongs in, and every transmission regardless of what order the information is received in know where it belongs.

even if a piece or pieces is corrupt it can still be decoded, just will have missing pieces. if the drive is damaged as in physical damage then you wouldn't get anything, and not the guy who designed the transmission process I could only imagine that it has SAFEGUARDS and a backup system in place (can't exactly send the geek squad out to fix it).

but I ramble, I think if its anything other than a complete malfunction and IF they would even tell us, its receiving a LANGUAGE it doesn't understand not unlike MAC commands and codes being sent to a windows computer or something else??

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
As I understand it the disk was made from gold I believe because gold is inert as a metal and therefore wont corrupt. Though it can be made radioactive, as a side note. Anyhoo the bits and bobs that were on it were recordings. The symbols were relating to us, and where to find us. Maybe someone has. Imagine coming across an alien craft, not very big, not big enough to hold someone and it lands on your planet or passes it by or even crashes into it. Imagine that happening eh lol where do those UFO idiots get their ideas. - Voyager - mars rover to name but a fly specs worth. Weird symbols on the side - erm voyager perhaps lol. Imagine if they returned the favour - nahhhhhhhhh dont be so daft you UFO nutters . . . no wait ermmmm Rendlesham forrest Incident

1st) My favourite part of the article was - its sending back data in an unknown format - sequence, and scientist are having a hard time translating it. LOL erm, well if its sending it back in gibberish due to corruption as some have suggested on here, whats to translate? It would just be gibberish and corrupted and NASA I am sure, as I am sure any of us would, recognise the blue screen of death, or file corrupted or this page cannot be found, Error 401, or any number of variants that we all know and love. NASA are working with 0's and 1's. If they are in the wrong order, then they would know and assume there was a glitch and try and fix that - NOT translate it.

2nd) if its so broke, why did they send the signal to just send its health data while they tried to translate. How did they know that command would be worth sending and understood by voyager. So they got this data, and thought wtf, then sent a signal to it to put it on hold while they try and translate the data. I dont think so.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Stormwind™]

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Stormwind™]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
First post.

Just wanted to say this is awesome and I too cannot wait to hear more about this subject! A couple of weeks ago there was also this:

www.newscientist.com...

Makes you wonder!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here is a link to a youtube newstory on this subject.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
i really hope this is a genuine contact situation, but if it is, will the men behind the curtain tell us? or will they keep us in the dark? i vote the latter. If voyager 2 HAS been hijacked by malevolent (or benevolent, you never know!) forces then we probably won`t know about it until they start hovering in their atmosphere in their motherships!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

Yeah. I'm not disagreeing. Just was not clear enough I guess. I took the NASA repoort to be saying they're doing just what you describe. The format for science data got hosed and they're working on it. I mean thirteen hours (I think) each way for data/commands and what's all that travelling at, the speed of an old Atari 400 modem? Seems like it'd take a while and fits with what they're saying.
I just oversimplified I guess because it bothered me with everyone jumping to aliens sending us pictures of Hitler or recipe's for human marinade.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hmmm i dunno this is very interesting but at the same time if they could understand our langauge why send back something we cant understand? Unless they think we can decode it or know how to decode it already maybe they think we are as far along in tech as they might be? Its also possible a software glitch thats sending back wierd signals who really knows though? But it its very interesting..

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Well, turns out that I currently have a thread going about some aliens that left some crop circles that had to do with Voyager (some ppl have mentioned it already)

If you check out the thread [www.abovetopsecret.com...] you can divine how these beings would be smart enough to carry out such a high level prank...question is: how did they get so high??? Do they have an entire non-inhabited solar system solely dedicated to agrculture??? Were they on their "recreational" plants planet performing QC checks when one of 'em was like, "dude, I just got this great idea."

Perhaps...

And here's a link to some funny Asian pranks...'cause how could life be complete without it: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Dude, I feel for you, reminds me of a project I did at Uni. ~950 pages (A4) of code I had to go through. You're right, you end up dreaming in code after a while.

As I said, I'm glad I'm not the one doing this. I hope the one who is is getting paid well!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

You're right, but the problem is that if it is a problem caused by bit-flipping (most likely scenario), they don't know where the flipped bit is within the code. The words needle and haystack spring to mind. That's why they are downloading bit-by-bit, to find out which one is wrong, as they believe it's the encoding matrix (sic) that is faulty, therefore, the transmission itself is garbled at the source. I presume that once they figure that out and flip it back, it will translate perfectly well.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join