It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immediately leaving the United States

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is to follow-up with everyone.

Thank you all for your words. Some are ambitious, others are sobering. All play a vital role.

I am quite a stubborn person, and once an idea has struck me, I just have to see it through. Events and circumstances may not unfold as favorably as I hope at times, but that is my lesson to learn.

Bali looks quite attractive, as does working for a cruise liner. I have not been able to find an opportunity of employment for any such company. Also, the USAJOBS site lists jobs with much higher qualifications than I currently possess. Much of them require previous years of experience with the government, or equivalent educational background.

Who knows? Maybe I will cash my 401k and take out a loan, and purchase an R.V., sport it out with a .50 cal, armor plating, stuff all of my equipment in it, and live life out after #hits the fan, and it will be like Mad Max beyond Thunderdome in the United States... or The Hills Have Eyes...

Be well everyone.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
$50,000 isn't enough to buy some land and live alone self sufficiently or start a commune.

Maybe when he has $5,000,000 it will be a good start.

Only the rich have the priviledge of living on their own terms.

I have to disagree with that one. You can buy a house in a village in Moldova for about $5000. Use another $5000 to do some fix up and put $25,000 in the local bank.. which has been paying 14-20% interest on 1year CDs for several years now... and enjoy yourself never having to lift a finger to earn another dime. Still got a $15,000 safety net in case you don't want to put it all in a Moldovan bank. Moldovan currency and banks by the way are some of the highest rated in the world.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klaatumagnum
reply to post by blujay

We must rid ourselves of all fear. Are we not spiritual beings currently in human form? What is there to fear? Are we afraid of loosing the "software suit" ( great analogy Blujay!). Are we not liken to characters in an infinately complex video game? Is this not the Matrix? Can you not see the game now? Are the rules of this Cosmic poker game clearer? You now see and know all the hands that can be played. Bet as you wish. You cannot not win the game. You are now above the game. Those that now can see, will see. Some refuse to see, too intent upon playing their hand, not realizing that it is a game of solitare.

Ha!! I love it. It ISa game of solitaire.

You are the only one playing.

I am the only one playing.

We are playing together, too! Hmmmm???

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

So when I hear 'America is the greatest place to live.' Most people have only lived here or one other place. How would you compare to Moldova?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368

Originally posted by babybunnies
$50,000 isn't enough to buy some land and live alone self sufficiently or start a commune.

Maybe when he has $5,000,000 it will be a good start.

Only the rich have the priviledge of living on their own terms.

I have to disagree with that one. You can buy a house in a village in Moldova for about $5000. Use another $5000 to do some fix up and put $25,000 in the local bank.. which has been paying 14-20% interest on 1year CDs for several years now... and enjoy yourself never having to lift a finger to earn another dime. Still got a $15,000 safety net in case you don't want to put it all in a Moldovan bank. Moldovan currency and banks by the way are some of the highest rated in the world.

Moldovia sounds too good to be true mate.

What's the local language skills like when it comes to english?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hello everyone.

I wanted to post an update to the ongoing situation.

Recently, I have made a decision after gathering an immense amount of information, and speaking with some friends who have done this before.

To me, it would seem most plausible to reside within the borders of another country by teaching English. Many countries around the world are seeking people to teach English, and all they require are to be certified, and sometimes a degree of any sort.

So, with this in mind, I now have a short term goal to accomplish in order to achieve my overall agenda.

My neighbor, and his room mate have both lived 4 years in Costa Rica. They both taught English, and were able to provide a degree they created in a print shop one of them works at. This will be the method I utilize.

A secondary goal I am in the process of achieving now is learning Bahasa Indonesia through Rosetta Stone.

Once these tasks are realized, then the next step will be for me to search for a place of residence, and I will use craigslist for this.

For anyone else considering the possibility of removing yourself from your country, I hope this thread can provide you with helpful information. Thank you all who have contributed thus far.

Be well everyone.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

[If you are committed to leaving, I would find a temporary 3 month job on a well-recognized national cruise line and tour to Australia, New Zealand, or Alaska. Check out Canada as well.]

FAIL, alaska is a state and best bet would be to stay in the country and move to kenia in alaska and build a cabin.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

This sounds good. South America was on the list, you're already starting to learn the language, and you have the contacts to get the job?

Well good luck!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join