It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immediately leaving the United States

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hello brothers and sisters,

For a time, I have contemplated leaving the United States. With the ever increasing rate of restrictive legislation being passed, the potential capitalization of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, the increasing tension from immigration overhaul, the calculated decline of the U.S. dollar, and premonitions of apocalyptic scenarios being forecasted for the eastern seaboard and low lying geographical areas, I have made a personal decision to leave the country that I was born into.

To explain my situation for higher comprehension and provision of insight, I hold a passport, about $2,000, a "bug-out-bag" consisting of a week's worth of nutrition, hydration, self defense, first-aid, sleeping bag, and hand tools.

My goal is to relocate myself from the West coast of Florida, to a country where I will have the highest exchange rate for the dollar, an amiable outlook on Americans, and a high potential for low-moderate sustainable residual income. The obstacles that I immediately see are the native language barriers, how I will survive once my resources have dwindled, if I can not locate employment, and how I will adapt to the local culture.

Ultimately I plan to live either on my own or within a commune.

I have viewed the following resources for some tangible answers:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

as well as

www.x-rates.com...

However, I am receptive to any, and all input from everyone.

Where would be a suitable place for me based on my questions?

I hope this thread finds all of you in exceptional health, and elated spirits.

Be well.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think the end times are here for you to make choices, not run.

Death is only a change of vibration. Try not be live in fear where ever you go.

Best of luck to you in these exponential times.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
dang double post ruins the first one every time!

[edit on 11-5-2010 by blujay]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure that leaving the country would be necessary. However, some of my colleagues, as well as scoundrel Bush and Rev.pulsive Moon, have staked a claim down in South America.
I do not have the resources to leave, however, have you considered the area between the Rockies and the Black Hills?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
try the apalachian mountain range, you want to be near a valley. you could probably build something in a very remote location at like 1500/2000 ft elevation facing in towards the valley. security wont be as much of an issue if you would only move at night and build a shelter that resembles the land. we have some more time though. you may not need to leave right now as these are the events that are going to bring us to needing to have things like this ready.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

You ever consider Canada? Just up North from You, and very similar to the US. I have met quite a lot of Americans here that have made this home and all are happy here. It'll most likely be the easiest option.

If you don't like that, I personally would choose either Australia or New Zealand. I have quite a lot of South African buddies there, and I'm always hearing good news from them.

What line of work are you into?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Great post as usual Blujay!

Originally posted by blujay
I think the end times are here for you to make choices, not run.

Death is only a change of vibration. Try not be live in fear where ever you go.

Best of luck to you in these exponential times.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
come on over to my house, and we will smoke a pipe and let our minds release all this tension. read my signature.... and then begin your reflections..

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The Big Bend area of Texas has no real border, no real population, and you can jump back in the US for medical or other help only the US can give.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
if your a chick, i will marry you, so you can live over here without trouble from the goverment

But it will be permenent so i can move over to the US if i wanted. i would like that option open

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by maddogron

Your sig is from "Little Big Man". Great movie! and wise words as well.Live each day as if it were your last. Having a wife with two needful sisters was cool too.

Guatemala is where the Bush family bought tens of thousands of acres. Rev. Moon also.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

Thanks Klaatumagnum. This really is all about us now ... us humans.
Us humans, what will we choose?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So you want to leave your country because of fear?
Then please, don't come back because we don't need you.
Some citizen you are.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So come on over to Moldova! All the communists here got smart and switched to capitalism. However unless you have more assets than you mentioned in your post, you best stay put. The average wage here is $150 a month, they still use horse and wagons, 90% of stand alone homes have no inside running water or toilet and you need to speak either Russian or Romanian to survive. I have been a lot of places and there is nowhere I can think of where you would not get chewed up and spit out if that is the extent of your resources.

Expat life is tough, may sound glamorous to some people but the reality of it can be brutal.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
$2,000 isn't enough money. When you have $50,000, then you might be on to something.

I think you'll be hard pressed to make a go of your plan with such little resources, unless you head to a Third World country ---- which would prove dangerous for foreigners. Without knowing the language, you will not survive.

If you are committed to leaving, I would find a temporary 3 month job on a well-recognized national cruise line and tour to Australia, New Zealand, or Alaska. Check out Canada as well.

If you were my little brother, I would tell you to stick it out here in America. It's a huge country, and there are plenty of places to go that are still reasonable.

If you were my little brother, and hell bent on moving, I would tell you that if you wanted to move, head to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, or to Northern Minnesota. If peace, quiet, and tranquility are what you are looking for, as well as a cheap cost of living, these places would be ideal. They would also be relatively safe, though - as a newcomer - you'll always have to be on your guard.

Be careful. You should watch the movie, "Into the Wild" and see what can happen if you try to live on your own out in the wild. Highly recommended.

en.wikipedia.org...

Be safe.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by CookieMonster09]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

We must rid ourselves of all fear. Are we not spiritual beings currently in human form? What is there to fear? Are we afraid of loosing the "software suit" ( great analogy Blujay!). Are we not liken to characters in an infinately complex video game? Is this not the Matrix? Can you not see the game now? Are the rules of this Cosmic poker game clearer? You now see and know all the hands that can be played. Bet as you wish. You cannot not win the game. You are now above the game. Those that now can see, will see. Some refuse to see, too intent upon playing their hand, not realizing that it is a game of solitare.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You should perhaps say a little bit more about yourself before asking for advice. What kind of skills do you have that you can make a living from? With that list of resources you own, your best bet might be in Thailand, but with no language abilities, you won´t last long unless your a real hustler. If you have a clean record, perhaps you should check USAJOBS out and search for jobs overseas. If you land something, you will gain valuable insights into just what it takes to live in a foreign country and survive, while at the same time having a stable job and a roof over your head. Two grand and a bug out bag without a solid plan will almost guarentee a future of pushing a stolen shopping cart and looking for empties to cash in.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
you will be back once you see how poorer countries live LOL

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
To provide more insight about myself, I will share that I am of 24 ages, and am currently employed in cellular sales via inbound telecommuting. I earn more than average income for my age group. The only seemingly useful skills I possess besides this is that I am able to sing & perform musically, know how to serve in a restaurant, and am good for labor.

If I require additional monetary assets, which way would you look? Currently, I adhere to monthly payments toward an apartment, car, utilities, and required sustenance. I am likely to retain at least $250 a month for saving.

For now, I will look into working for a cruise line, and research more about Canada, and perhaps Chile.

There are many level headed responses here, and all of you are appreciated.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I tried to be an ex-pat, but I felt like another gringo stealing land from the locals. So I came back to this grinder. I am bound to this land so I will share its fate.

If I was serious about leaving again, I would line up work before I left. Greatly increases the chances you'll stay.

If you're from St. Pete, what about buying a small sailboat and kickin it in the Carribean.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join