It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your most significant experience of time shift

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Once I read on another forum that there was a family who was coming back to their home, the one they use for holiday and they all discovered something weird in their pool, and they all remembered a particular step that was part of the concrete of the pool that was now missing...
They checked up their pictures and the step was never there, on those pictures. But they all remembered the step...

Post your most strange and significant experience of time shift...

I create this thread just to give a chance to skeptics to explain how and why such things happened and why is not a time shift and how could be explained with another reason that is not a time line shift...

So , in this case, why they all remembered the step but the pool was missing this step that can't go anyway because its part of the concrete?
If this is not a timeline shift, what is?

I usually don't think that if I lose something in my room its because of timeline shifts, there are plenty other reasons...
Anyway, one day, I lost something and I've seen where it was on the ground of my room, I chatted with a person on the computer and than I went to pick up the object I lost, but it was not there...
And I was alone in my home...
The next week I found out that object in another room of my home...

Well, plenty of reasons, but I'm still in doubt because I did so where the object landed once it fell...

And, another one is that once my best friend announced a birthday party on November 11 2009, and he was always telling us " Its my birthday, will you come ? " he invited a lot of people in his home...
Well, me and another friend didn't go because we were both home with flu...
Now, in April 2010, the same best friend told me his birthday is coming and is May 12 2010...
" Wait a minute " I said to him " Wasn't your birthday in November? ", he replied " No, its the one of my sister ".
I was very surprised " You gave a party in your home on your sister's birthday? ".
I don't know many people that would be able to have a party on their brotehr/sister's birthday without calling for major trouble.
My brother and me, we have very different friends and if one of us would try to have a party on the other one's birthday, well...

So, now I started to think about a timeline shift...Or maybe he is the strange one that gaves party for HIS birthday, THIS is what he TOLD, on his sister's birthday...

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Zagari]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
People are getting timeline shifts and reality shifts confused, although they are somewhat similar. Another one is a dimensional shift, where things are just slightly off - see string theory.

The example you gave about the pool was a reality shift, where you and other people KNOW that something is different, it is more of a physical experience.

A timeline shift is where a large number of people remember events in history as being radically different, it is more of a mental thing. The AU/NZ thread is an example of this.

[edit on 5/11/10 by I.C. Weiner]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

And a dimensional shift is where you have gone into a dimension unlike your own completely, different lifeforms, etc. Fairies Realm is a good example. Timline shifts can also be where one is going along as normal but suddenly everything around them seems futuristic or from the past. Here's acase of TIMELINE shift:Old time time slip

edited because I could not find the famous case
darn it.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i always thought of dimensional shifts as going to a universe/dimension right next to ours. now i think we are getting "shifts" and "slips" confused - maybe we should start our own thread on this?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This whole timeshift nonesense just stems from the fact that some people cant admit their own faults. They have to satisfy their egos and cant admit they were wrong.

Instead of: Wait a minute, Im sure I put my keys there but actually I might have forgotten and left them over there instead.

You think: OMG Timeshift! The whole world and universe has changed and moved my keys to the cofee table instead of the sofa.

Dont you see how ridiculous this is.....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
This whole timeshift nonesense just stems from the fact that some people cant admit their own faults. They have to satisfy their egos and cant admit they were wrong.

Instead of: Wait a minute, Im sure I put my keys there but actually I might have forgotten and left them over there instead.

You think: OMG Timeshift! The whole world and universe has changed and moved my keys to the cofee table instead of the sofa.

Dont you see how ridiculous this is.....

Obviously you haven't a clue what a time shift is. But that's ok, If you look up time slips or shifts it means, one is travelling along route A say it's 1985, then suddenly they are surrounded by buildings/people that seem like they're from the 1800's or something like that. That's ok almost everyone here has been misconcieved about what a time shift is. Now the keys thing would not be a time shift it'd be a reality shift, where you'd be in a place much like where you originated from, but slightly different where you did in fact put the key on the coffee table instead of the dining room table for example, but these we realize are hard things to prove. But it doesn't mean it can't or don't happen, and it doesn't mean it's the first choice or conclusion Anyone jumps to. The ones that keep you guessing really the one's that can't be answered are like when someone puts a thing down turns around for two seconds and it's gone, or a building appears overnight in a place that someone knows every inch of. It has to do with the many worlds quantum string theory. Certainly some of a lower IQ cannot understand those concepts, even though they are just theories. You should maybe check out of the library "Quantum Theory for Dummies" maybe that can help you grasp the concept?

And technically I don't think I have ever had a time slip or shift myself. Reality shifts yes. Time has always been the present for me unfortunately.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Extreme reality shift - Midday. Sky a deep, deep blue, almost black. Giant birds in the sky. Hard to breathe. About 30 minutes.

Note: Disclaimer -not necessarily my own observation.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by alttracks]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

It can be, but then I rather call it reality shift for that one, I think of dimensional shift as going either physically or through OBE's to either the place where spirits go, Like the Other Side, Faerie Realms (like in Irish folklore), or similar that includes beings that could be thought of as demons, you know nothing like our lifeforms. Parallel Realities are just like ours...dimensions are altogether different in they exist on a greatly different vibrational level whereas parallel realities are the physical realm and exist side by side and at almost the same, slightly different vibrational level. It's difficult for me to explain. The spirit world, faeries, etc. are not really physical beings, they are ethereal.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by alttracks
Extreme reality shift - Midday. Sky a deep, deep blue, almost black. Giant birds in the sky. Hard to breathe. About 30 minutes.

Note: Disclaimer -not necessarily my own observation.

Odd did they seem prehistoric? The big birds I mean. This could be a time shift. Or it could have been a dimensional shift. Did the birds look like pterodactyls or did they look not of this world from any time on this Earth?

Being that it was hard for you to breathe I am definately thinking time slip here, as the Earths atmosphere was denser and not really condusive to our lungs. Did you ever wonder why the dinosaurs were so big? It's because they needed the larger lung capacity to survive in that atmosphere, thinner air. As well as processing everything else their body had to take in.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Mine was just recently!
It seems that ATS posters suddenly couldn't tell reality from cliched science fiction, and began posting like crazy about "timeshifts"!
Seems a lot of folks went BACK into old Twilight Zone re runs and other past SciFi concepts, and then confused them with reality!
Wild huh?
I'm pretty sure Scott Bakula is posting here while zipping around in time!
I think HG Wells has also been here! WHO KNOWS!
Fer cryin out loud guys, THIS "TIMESLIP" FAD IS GETTING REALLY BORING!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I recently lost my Tape Measure...

And a dear friend lost his car keys...

It was one HELL of a time shift...

Totally incredible, don't know how I escaped with my life.

There were missing bottle caps, a missing baseball cap, a bunch of missing guitar picks, a few lost socks, some lost tools and a whole bunch of other reported stuff just MISSING.

Something about a fridge...

I dunno...crazy time...glad it is over.

PS- Where am I?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Mine was just recently!
It seems that ATS posters suddenly couldn't tell reality from cliched science fiction, and began posting like crazy about "timeshifts"!
Seems a lot of folks went BACK into old Twilight Zone re runs and other past SciFi concepts, and then confused them with reality!
Wild huh?
I'm pretty sure Scott Bakula is posting here while zipping around in time!
I think HG Wells has also been here! WHO KNOWS!
Fer cryin out loud guys, THIS "TIMESLIP" FAD IS GETTING REALLY BORING!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by OldDragger]

That's nice not to care about, as my daughter would have said.
lol.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

The birds were as large as condors (but we don't have condors in this part of USA.) Do have eagles, but have seen them up close and overhead and they were not eagles. Had feathers, at least on outer part of wing, feathers stood out, almost like a hand shape.

The feeling for this experience was "normality" for this place.Not a past or future. A "sideslip".

Apparently, this is not the place for this discussion, as the "crazies" are trying to break it up.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

did m0r ever make it back from the fridge to look for his keys? i know some bad stuff happened to slayer on that little adventure. wonder if m0r ever found his keys? i'm still pissed about my tools and guitar picks, and where the hell did all these drumsticks come from?

and yea ldyserenity, i agree with you on that - i'm gonna try to nail down the differences between these terms.....

my personal time "slips" or "shifts" have been things like being in my local grocery store and everyone looks like they are dressed odd for the time and i recognize no one even tho i live on a small island. or making impossible time on a trip doing the speed limit, driving/biking the same route everyday and all of a sudden it takes longer than usual or u make it quicker than usual.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by alttracks

That is bizarre. Nothing cool like that ever happens to me. Just stuff that can be put off to bad memory/ absent-mindedness. Or bad reporting lol.Except the time it says seven twenty one am on my clock on the computer, then I looked again and it said seven oh seven am. I know I read the time right and it had only been a few minutes of looking away from it, so it could not have said 6:21 Am, this was important cause my kid has to be at the busstop at 7:22Am or she'd miss the bus and when the clock said 7:21 I had to yell at her cause she wasn't out the door yet. She left then five minutes went by I look at the time 7:07am, and it was right I checked on the cell phone. That still leaves me scratching my head!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

a friend of mine swears she saw a pterodactyl skimming right above the water of a heavily wooded creek in the central texas hill country, with the same type of heavy air feeling, difficulty in breathing - that would be a timeslip - same location but in a different time period.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Guess I will just call it a "perceived time shift". Was driving between Orlando and Atlanta. A drive that normally takes about 7 to 7 1/2 hours. I made it in 4 hours. This would be impossible to do without going over 150 miles per hour and no stops.

Now, I pride myself on getting from point A to point B in a timely manner. Quite Frankly then, I bragged about it. Guess my pride and heavy foot were in full gear that day or I dunno, maybe a time shift? Msybe a time portal.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Okay wiki states that alternate realities and dimensions are in fact the same here Wiki

But they never take into account the ethereal aspect like for energy beings. I just differentiate between the two in that way... but I guess they are interchangeable.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I am coming to think that this "sideslip" or "timeslip" should be investigated a bit more.
Either a number of people are "aware" of it or a number of people have a new "mental" "ability" or "illness?".
Science is just lately coming to find out that the human brain uses "quantum" features.
Could there be a number of "sideslip" universes? If so, it would probably be equal (but to the positive number) to the "plank" constant due to all the possibilites of every "quantum" particle in the universe. Might humans dwell in a "range" of possibilies that only a few can detect?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

That is a very good question. I do beleive that the function of the brain as a quantum computer so to speak, has a lot to do with this. It can also explain remote viewing, OBE, astral projection, ESP, Ghost encounters. The list goes on and on. They know Quantum particles can exist in many different places at once.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join