It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could another Icelandic volcano erupt soon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock

Second Icelandic Volcano 10 TIMES AS POWERFUL To Erupt

Technically he is not wrong, Katla is going to erupt we just don't know when. But I agree the title of the thread does lead you to believe its run for the hills time

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Come back when it really blows. These endless threads of what might happen are a waste of time.

That's exactly the passive attitude that got the world to the point it is now.

Kinda like people not understanding why we should stock up on bulk food.. People might tell me i'm crazy, but i won't be the one that has to resort to looting when the stores are empty.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

It's a conspiracy website, 90% of the threads here relate to "if" scenarios as all of them are subjective and generally lack concrete evidence to support their claims as if they had concrete evidence they wouldn't be a conspiracy now would they!

The OP didn't create the article or headline, he's just reporting it as news (which it is, being sourced from a news website) so don't hate on him as there's plenty of other sensationalist headlines which hold little to no water that have been posted in the past and will likely continue to be posted!

As for Katla we can only wait and see what happens if anything happens at all but there does seem to be an uproven correlation between ejyafjalljokull and katla eruptions

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Likely the connection of the volcanoes is deep. Like pimple on a troll, relieve the pressure from one and the other is relaxed. There will be no more eruptions in this region. ESPECIALLY from another volcanic source.

if there is we are certainly doomed

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinmymatrix

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Another "if" thread... Headlined like its happening. Please stop these false alarms!

I completely agree. So many people just fish / troll for stars and flags here.

If there is an easy way to flag topics for doing this, I'd like to know how. I never know when it's "important enough" to alert staff.

Here is the deal though...

You could be right... maybe this IS an 'if' thread....

Now, IF you look through the material, history and research on the two volcanos.... and IF you see their history of interaction... and IF you look at the pattern of the two historically erupting in sequence... THEN you will see why this is significant.

Makes what 'IF' seem a lot more important if you read and learn before you respond.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
In the past, (the last 3 known eruptions to be exact) eruptions at the Eyjafjallajokull glacier have presaged more serious eruptions at its bigger neighbour, Katla.

There is a darned good chance, then, that this could happen again.

I wonder what effect it would have on Europe, or if it would be worse and be a global changer in some way.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It seems this eruption alone has severely influenced weather as it is already.

It's may 12th, we're way into springtime, and for 2 weeks now temperature in NL hasn't gone higher then 11 degrees C, Also there's a thick cloud cover all over the northern and southern hemisphere that getting more and more dense by the day.

Coincidence?

www.sat24.nl...

link will take you to a global view of cloud coverage.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
It seems this eruption alone has severely influenced weather as it is already.

It's may 12th, we're way into springtime, and for 2 weeks now temperature in NL hasn't gone higher then 11 degrees C, Also there's a thick cloud cover all over the northern and southern hemisphere that getting more and more dense by the day.

Coincidence?

www.sat24.nl...

link will take you to a global view of cloud coverage.

even here in Oregon, it's been a very chilly May.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well the 11 degrees has been a maximum lol

It's been 7 degrees max today.. We haven't seen the sun for a week straight now, just thick clouds. Yet hardly anyone seems to notice, that's the weird thing. NL this time of the year means clear skies and short skirts. People walk around in winter coats now.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I watched the special that National Geographic aired 2 weeks ago on Iceland's Volcanoes. I was quit surprised -- the last statement/ending line was with regard to Katla being Eyjafjallajokull was erupting was this - Katla is a time bomb and the fuse has been lit.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Wasn't it something like 3 out of 4 that it also erupted within a year or something?

Don't know about you but in poker you go all in on that >

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
EXACTLY!

And thus the point of the thread.

Is anyone watching the signs? Are there earthquake or tremor readings from the area?

It seems if someone could hone in on it and be able to warn people, it could really save lives!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Another "if" thread... Headlined like its happening. Please stop these false alarms!

Would you prefer that he change the headline from the original?

This has already been posted though..

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I still haven't heard from anyone tracking the tremors, groundswell or any gps points in the area to see if there have been any changes.

Without that, the second volcano could erupt with no notice (and could make mount saint helen's look like a small black cat fire-cracker!)

I think it will be happening soon and am just wondering if anyone has anything more concrete to back up or refute that.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Of Coure we are tracking it!!! Here and Here

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It has been a really cold april and may here in Minnesota (EVEN by Minnesota standards!)

I wonder if the ash could have a worldwide effect like that?

What do you think the effect would be if the big one blew in Iceland?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
More news stories today about more airports still closed due to this volcano...

So, what happens when the big one goes off?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
On May 17, 2010 08:32 UTC, The Icelandic Met office earthquake map indicates that a small earthquake has occurred at the Katla location. In what could be an early indication of the event that is expected to occur (an eruption of Katla), a small earthquake is reported at the site. Although a single earthquake is not a precursor of an eminent eruption, it could be the first sigh of the awakening powerful giant.

I TOLD YOU!!!

Thank you ladies and gentlemen... ::Takes Bow::

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I really believe that the world is in a process of change. Im sure you all are familiar with Edgar Casey, the pole shift theory and the sinking/raising of various land masses. I wonder if someone can tell us if this is due to Nibiru or Planet x magnetics or solar activity. Or perhaps is it just a normal process? I have been quite a lurker on here and from what I have read it does seem that the Earth is experiencing physical change. Its easy to say if you live on a fault line or near a volcano just move...but it is never that easy. I live near a coast...I cant just pick up and move!
That Katla volcano will definitely be a global problem if it erupts. Do you all think this is what the WEb Bot is predicting in November time frame...leading to death of billions?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I would like to take this opportunity to tell:

JanusFIN
Warpcrafter
Missvicky
IanC99000310
glitchinmymatrix

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join