It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running on water ! For real !

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Don't know, if anybody took a look at Ulf's blog.

Last entry from Mai 8th simply says "We got 'm".

Liguid Mountaineering

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by hyperion.martin

I can't believe this is actually a big deal, you guys are totally embarrassing me in front of the FBI guys who monitor this site.

Sorry, but that made me laugh so hard I had to post it again, (for the sake of
the lazy readers.)

Anywho, the thread does have some merit, sorta separates the flowers from the
weeds. In a "The-Norway-Blue-Spiral-is-a-Rocket" kinda way.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Last entry from Mai 8th simply says "We got 'm".

Yeah...I just noticed that...that's pretty sucky...I was hoping to run on water...they sure did do it well if it was a hoax...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Reddupo

further , if this aggegation was true - then running in wellingron boots / or even bare foot would be superiour

The toes compromises the capacity of the foot to stay afloat, the water would slide through the toes the second they touch the water. You wouldn't have the same problem with shoes.

lastly the ` jet ski " assist " - sorry folks - but you CANNOT run faster being towed by something - you will simply be dragged over - any one who wished to claim otherise - should be tied to thier towing vehilcle with a leash they cannot release - being dragged will teach the idiots

So I guess I must have been dreaming all those times I'd hold onto a moped and run at superior speeds because of it, you're dead wrong.

I guess you suck at running..
Seems you're not athletic enough, maybe you're projecting your shortcomings on other people, maybe you suck at controlling your body, God knows I've met those kind of people before.
"I'm just starting to get the hang of this walking thing".. *face plant*

Otherwise I agree..

Originally posted by rival

Just wondering.. what do you think the spiral was? Cause I could see people from both fences claim that it's painfully obvious it's this or that and the opposite side is just crazy or brainwashed.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
37 Stars and 52 Flags?
That proves how gullible people on here are.
These guys are obviously running on sub surface objects
Anyone who actually believes this crap is a FOOL.

PEACE,
RK

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

you get more buoyancy in seawater; try the dead sea

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm not going to say this is impossible, but I am going to say that this video is fake.

The things necessary for liquid mountaineering are; good quality rubber running shoes...

We skim and bounce off the surface, with the right water repellent equipment...

Ok, just got back from this awesome trip with the guys. Found a great location and tested the equipment.

By accident we found out that with the right water repellant
equipment you can run across bodies of water...

We're truly lucky to live in this historic time when technology and human skill come together to make the impossible possible.

Today was a big day! A quantum leap for mankind!!!!!!!

liquidmountaineering.blogspot.com...

Does anyone realize how absurd this is? What they are saying is that you need to buy these water repellent shoes inorder to run across water...

Are you ready for a quantum leap?

www.wetisdry.com...

Yeah, and hi-tec and these "liquid mountaineers" are using the same slogan too...

With this information go back and watch the video, it's obviously real. (Sarcasm)

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Hullabaloo]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

holy tamale! its the second coming! why did he reincarnate into a species of lizards?! WHY?!!!

well some say he was reptilian to begin with

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I will assume the OP is simply naive for thinking the video was factual, as the video is clearly part of a marketing campaign the brand of shoes. And when you put "For Real" in your title, maybe I'm expecting too much to assume you are going to provide some sort of proof to back up the claim.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I went through 4 pages before posting.... praying that it would become a long chain of "fake"

Alas, ATS has become "I want to belive" instead of taking ONE MOMENT to think clearly.

Gravity is always pulling down. And it's impossible to run... arc or no.. fast enough that you don't break surface tention of the water. As soon as you leave land... you are heading into the water. How fast you're running just means how far out you'll be when you sink enough your forward motion is stopped. But running 5mph, or 10mph, you will still sink at the same speed.

Even people who bare foot water ski... first off the boat has to go a LOT faster then normal watersking, and even at THAT speed you're not held up simply with skimming, half your feet are in the water creating more force.

Anyone who buys into this enough to post about how cool it is or what not... should seriously have a dunce cap attached to thier avatar

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Originally posted by hyperion.martin

I can't believe this is actually a big deal, you guys are totally embarrassing me in front of the FBI guys who monitor this site.

Sorry, but that made me laugh so hard I had to post it again, (for the sake of
the lazy readers.)

This made me even laugh harder!

Having grown up on lake/lakes since the age of 10, being an avid water skier, wakeboarder, barefoot skier, here is the deal with the shoes...

When we were learning tricks barefoot skiing or being pulled by a slow boat, (this was before Hydroslides or kneeboards)(1976-77) we stumbled upon the idea of wearing our waffle sole Nike and Puma running shoes, while barefoot skiing.

You can go much slower (boat speed) with shoes on. It is much easier to do one foot tricks and such.

With shoes, more surface area, and more friction or drag on the water, and your feet wouldn't burn from the friction of water.

At 40+ mph on one foot, your foot will start burning. While barefoot skiing, if you hit a twig with your feet is also a killer!!!

Waterproof or resistant shoes doesn't matter. They are pulling your crank on that one! That is just a Sales ad for Hi-Tech shoes!

I laughed hard watching the video and also a little suspect on a couple of the dry or wet runs, though I think it is possible. With shoes is makes more sense.

Remember, Cold water, the water ski runs higher in the water(fast water), in Warm water, the ski runs deeper in the water(slow water) which is more desirable for the slalom skier, easier to slow down and more bite!

You can bet that water they are running on is cold. Hence, the reason they are wearing wetsuits!

Enjoy!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is really cool...and real.

Wonder how much they cost?

[edit on 10-5-2010 by rival]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Damien Walters is better

Now that has some actual skill and talent involved... not "belief."

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I did nearly the same thing as these guys around twenty years ago when I was in middle school. I went to a church camp with a couple friends one summer and we reenacted the story of Jesus walking on water. The kid who was supposed to play Jesus broke his arm the night before the reenactment and I was chosen to play Jesus at the last second.

Camp counselors put a few picnic tables just below the surface of the water leading out to the boat. Of course you could plainly see this if you looked at it straight on, but from the angle where we placed the audience, the picnic tables were completely invisible. I walked from the side of the lake out to the boat and the kid playing Peter 'sunk' when he stepped down to the picnic table's bench. I reached down, helped him back to the picnic table's top and went and got into the boat.

I wish I had the video tape of that, I could be an Internet star!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
OMG the nerve. Attacking the OP

Bravo. Please I did not push on that flag button with all my 52 alias accounts you know.

I'm actually a bit disappointed cause when I post a worthy conspiracy in need of proof and/or debunking it remains quite.

This was definitely unexpected.

Oh... I still think it's a cool video.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Damien is the shizznit

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
kyle you are in idiot for wasting your time trying to prove this is real.

ATS should have some sort of admission test... i mean c'mon, ATS is flooded with idiots and this thread proves it.

for anyone who still believes this is real go look up the word 'gravity' on wiki.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by majicbar
It is a simple trick, there is a dock about 4 inches below the water, when they "run" on the water they are running on this submerged dock. I had classmate who pulled this same trick way back in 1968, but that was film. They throw a lot of filler in there to get you to not notice the "running" sequence which has a much different splash than the other water sequences, where they are developing the "technique". Chris Angle uses Plexiglas in the pool where a "dock" would be too obvious. If one has lots of money on could just go CGI like Jim Carrie in "Bruce Almighty".

[edit on 10-5-2010 by majicbar]

Exactly what I am thinking. Living on a lake (Lake Cherokee) with a boat house in my backyard, the dock becomes submerged sometimes due to heavy rains. While some docks will float to make up for the increased water levels, ours is posted down, allowing no give in flash floods. You can also look at the pine tree in the water to tell that the water level is high, which would submerge a dock. If it rains this week, which they are saying it should, I will try to recreate this video if my dock becomes submerged.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You can plainly see the runners feet sinking into the water and then contacting the ground or something a few inches below the surface. Don't feel like an idiot when your faith in the supernatural is dashed. I suppose one could run on water if the shoes had enough surface area on the sole.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Its a great video but as fake as my chat up routiine.
The idea that getting dragged alone with a jet ski would do anything but plant ya face in the ground is ridiculous. Water repelling shoes even more ridiculous. And when they throw in the "You gotter believe you can walk on water or you won't" speal i just laughed

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join