It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Become a Racist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Where in the world are you from? The beach? MacDonald's? You DO know that most Hispanics- esp Mexican nationals, are Catholic, right? And Corona & Dos Equis existed in Mexico for decades before we had it here. Did you really write that or did an idiot help you?
Where I live in has BEEN Little Mexico since the 1920s. It's not the rosas y fiestas you think it is AT ALL.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

don't we have a politics forum on here?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I don't know of a single area in the uSA where Mexicans predominate that isn't a run down slum. Whole rural cities have been trashed. Big cities and smaller rural communities. You know the countries insane when you're in line in a grocery store and the Mexican family in front of you has a shopping cart stacked to the brim with animal corpses (beef, chicken). The mentality that lives on that kind of death can't be a good one. I know stories of Mexican men who once a month eat feces from their wives. I know a lady that lives in an apartment complex that is Mexican invader infested and once a month like clockwork a certain spot on the walkway is strewn with used, fresh diapers or raw pieces of meat. Some kind of a demon worship. Yes, there are a lot of good latinos but so what, an Invader is an Invader. The land is sacred, we should be very careful how we treat it and who we allow in our home. What is the strangest to me is that people who have come to the uSA because they are mostly preyed upon by their own people in Latin Amereica, would want to bring the very mentality that preyed on them into the uSA so it can become more and more the way of life here too.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Originally posted by TheDragonLord
Who are we to deprive them of that right?

Isn't the better question who are they to deprive us of our rights? In our own country?
This is tantamount to a person breaking into my house, trashing it, stealing my car, pretty much emptying out my bank account- I tell them to leave; that they can't do that and my neighbor comes over and says oh, but you MUST let them stay!

I have always thought that "politically correct" was the new word for saying "socially acceptable". The way illegal migrants treat us and our country is NOT socially acceptable.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wulfiroth
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Is it the U.S. Government you think is at fault or the Mexican Government?

Both.

Hate them, not the people...

I like the food and the women myself

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Of course the bonded servants are living in run down slums Duh!!!

They are paid pennies to clean the trash of this country, pick the food, build the buildings and take care of the homes and children of the upper class.

Pay them what they are due, give them health care, take them out of fields filled with toxic chemicals and release the mothers to go back and care for their own children and it will take 3 generations to begin to heal.

But the first world is clearly on another course and has been since the Chinese invented landlord based feudalism. Every time the serfs start to get wise to the lords the lords change their names and the rules of the game. That is all. One can be sick of that culture too, and well right now all culture on the world is pretty much confused and sick. period.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

It's the kids of the illegals that I have a real problem with, their view of the world seems so ****ed up, they feel entitled to everything, they claim themselves as mexicans, while they've never stepped foot in mexico in their lives.

I teach at a small community school where the local overlords bring in the bonded servants, I mean illegal immigrants, and there is an oppressed native population too, the illegals actually have the best behavior in class, but they are the real underdog of that community. I am sure in places where populations become larger in more Urban areas the dynamic changes.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by DChenO]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Corona is the only good thing Mexico has done for the rest of the world. Other than that, Mexicans need to be exterminated if they want to cross and live illegally. I hear ya loud and clear topic creator.

They are filling every stereotypical job here in Jersey. Example: Lawn care, moving services, delivery service of nonperishable items, house construction, etc

Another observation I need to mention is how Garfield and Paterson in northeastish Jersey has gone from Italian communities to a majority of Mexican (less Italian immigrants there now). The place has gotten slummier today. There are still a lot of Italian specialty shops there though! ( they have really survived through the years..

[edit on 8-5-2010 by fordrew]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You have not become a racist.

You have made an observation and weren't afraid to tell what you've seen.

I haven't read all the responses, just the first page or so but I'll add my own observations.

I will agree with other posters that have said Mexicans are hard workers. I can honestly say I can not recall ever seeing a Mexican bum. They will work long hours doing hard jobs for less pay.

I also observe, in my neighborhood, that a good portion of that pay seems to go to towards alcohol. Come friday night in the summer months it is the Mexicans I see barely able to walk home, stumbling down the street. It is also the Mexicans I often see sleeping on the sidewalk because they were too drunk to make it home. These cat naps usually come right after they've just finished taking a piss against someones house or in their doorway.

It's also my observation that though they do work hard, that fact doesn't necessarily mean that they do the best job. My neighborhood used to have some of the best food in New York. Now? Every food joint, whether it's a deli, pizzeria, chinese etc..... have mexican workers in the kitchens. All of them. the food is not nearly as good as it once was here.

I've seen multiple construction sites shut down multiple times for dangerous conditions, code violations, etc. This could also be blamed on the contractors but I've had 5 or 6 new buildings put up within one block of me in the past couple of years and I've watched them work. They do it to get it done, not necessarily to do it right.

There is more but I've ragged on the Mexicans enough for now.

Am I a racist for making an observation and telling what I've seen? Or, have people become so hypersensitive that we can't even talk of reality anymore?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
"Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people are to be free. Nor is it less certain that the two races, equally free, cannot live in the same government. Nature, habit, opinion has drawn indelible lines of distinction between them."

Thomas Jefferson

EDIT TO ADD: you can watch a very well done documentary on the issues of racism and immigration here.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Ionut]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It's almost like it's forced racism, Sad thing is I started disliking Mexican's after my last girlfriend lmao.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
While I understand your frustration, maybe you should blame the Government for not doing its job and keeping illegals out? Or blame the American who hires them or the Government who gives them food stamps, housing or welfare.

If you lived in Mexico which I'm sure you haven't then you wouldn't understand why people want to leave. It's only natural to want a better life and if the shoe was on the other foot, I bet you would come here to.

Its not Mexicans who are causing all of the issues you see in the United States. Its the states allowing it to happen.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Could you please explain to me what you actually see as racism?
What does someone do to you personally to make you a racist. Yes, we see everything that goes on on the news etc but what about personally?
Are people racist by what they have seen or witnessed "Personally", or is it something that has been carefully calculated and shown to you that has "forced" you to believe, by TV? Interent? or other media?

Racist?Racism? Theres no such thing, you just need to open your eyes

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDragonLord
I can never understand how people can say that illegals are taking their jobs. Most illegals work low paying, back breaking jobs with little to no benefits. If these are the kinds of jobs that you are aiming for, then you need to take a second look at your life.

And I think you are seriously exaggerating on everything you wrote. You make it sound like they are appearing by the millions when in reality they are crossing over at a steady rate. Sure there has been an increase in hispanic culture on America, but it isn't nearly as extreme as you describe it.

Just some words of advice; before you hate on a whole group of people, maybe take the time out to actually get to know these people. You will find that most of these people are simply here to get new opportunities to help out their families back home. Who are we to deprive them of that right?

You my fine friend are uneducated in the matter. I live in a area with a population of 88 thousand soul's with an unemployment rate of 19%. We are the Carpet capital of the world. However with that 19% unempolyment rate, All factories are running at full or near full capacity. They and there is documented evidence are running these mills with illegal's while they lay off legal Americans.Mohawk industries

These are not cabbage pickers.

This company is just one that has done this. So the next time you sink your toes into that nice plush carpet or rug on your floor, remember this just because it say it was made in America doesn't mean it was made by Americans. The true Americans suffer because of it.

A friend of mine in Vermont takes the same views as you but he has admitted that he's to far from the problem to see it.

So you probably too far from the fire to feel the heat and by the time you see the flame everything else would have already been burnt.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

I have to correct you and a few others about how hard mexicans work. Do they work hard compared to the new generation of americans? Hell yeah!!
Do they work hard compared to most americans who are age 55+ ?

HELL NO

The old school americans busted ass. My dad is 61 and im 35 and he can work as hard if not harder than me and im no slouch.

My dad would work 50 hours at the factory then go tear off shingles and put them up in the hot sun on the weekend to make ends meet.

His generation HAD TO WORK they had no choice. My dad was putting in tobacco at 10 y/o

My dad in his mids 30's i bet you anything no mexican could out work him.

So tell everyone mexicans are hard workers compared to these younger americans.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by ker2010]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Sadly, I can relate to what you say, and I live in Canada, in the French province of Québec.

A few years ago, we had the "commission Bouchard-Taylor" on the question of "reasonable accommodation" for minorities in the province.

Ultimately, we were told we were stupid, ignorant, close-minded, etc.

Charles Taylor even told us the following: " I am part of the intellectual elite of Canada. For years we have known that to survive as a society, we needed to include as many immigrants as possible. Unfortunately, people don't understand this, we have been looking for years to give you arguments to make you understand this point. Alas, we can't come to any, but since I am from the elite, you should believe me nonetheless. "
His declaration was in French, so it is MY translation, but that is what he said.

So, if someone can't find a sustainable argument, after years of thinking about it, I should simply believe one. The elite told us so...
And I am called stupid here?

And now, the very same man who told us this, is now under trial fro crimes against humanity...

www.charlestaylortrial.org...

Of course, we aren't even told here... Surprising, no?

And all the while, we learned that every culture can now come in Canada, and force us to comply to their demand. And we should obey, and hide OUR culture to please minorities...

But when looked from a distance, and we see that it is happening world wide, it is evident that it is to further the one world government, obliterating EVERY culture in the process. We will not become one thru our differences, we will become many that are pale copies of each other.

I like the OP, I loved to see and learn about other cultures, but now, the way it is shoveled in our faces... I'm not a racist, and never will be, but I will not tolerate it towards me either.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Why is it when people admit they are racist people act like it's some kind of decent act? Being a racist is ignorant. There's no two shakes about it people. If you are racist, you are ignorant. Don't expect any kudos from me.

This isn't a problem of race. It's a problem of human behavior. Most illegals aren't trying to go out and have a protest. Most of the people you see at these Aztalan rallies are LEGAL. I can tell you that from personal experience. I never went to one but I knew people who did. They were all born here. They are just what those of us who know call punks. People with a chip on their shoulder who just lash out fro any reason. If they were in MExico they'd be in some different group starting crap. The "gang" culture has to do with selling drugs. The Latin Kings will take white people. They have blacks in it too. They are just thugs.

Now to address some points here:

I would see more and more illegals going into ER’s and getting free medical care.

You assumed that, were you back there doing the billing? How many blacks and whites go in there and get it too I wonder? Did you ask yourself that? Hell, if it's free I'll take it too.

I saw the grocery stores slowly increase their Mexican foods items from a small section to whole isles.

So, I assume you would have a similar reaction toward the Asian food isle? I think you should be happy there is a larger variety of food to eat. I know I am, I'm human, I like to eat.

I watched as Wal-Mart went from having 12 racks of Country, Rock or R&B, to 3 Rock, 3 R&B, 2 Country, and 4 or Regional Mexicano.

Well, Wal-Mart sucks period for buying music. What the heck are you doing in there trying to buy music? Go to amazon.com or something. You should be happy cause there's more music to listen to. I like music of all kinds being a musician myself.

The area I am from is predominately of French heritage. As such, French was the only secondary language taught in schools, as it should be to preserve local heritage. Schools eventually started offering Spanish. Now, they have done away with French altogether.

I think you need to look at the logistics of the thing. Maybe they didn't have a lot of money and there were more kids taking Spanish than French. Theres more Spanish speakers in this country than French speakers (and generally, there always was). It's a question of usefulness in the end. French is very useful for classic singers (and people who live in France/French speaking areas) , as is Latin and German but, for ordinary folks, unless you are going to France.... ::shrug::

On tv, I would see gangs of protestors waving Mexican flags, half of the group walking around with bandanas and looking like cholos. I see countless incidents of people being told to respect Mexicans in their display of foreign nation pride. You can read about the drugs and crime pouring over the boarder. Not to mention La Raza.

Oh you are talking about thugs. Ok well, I view La Raza like I view the Black Panthers or the KKK. Most people aren't like that and the crap they show you on TV is just that-crap. They aren't going to show you some boring everyday people just doing their job. They are going to show thugs cause that brings in the ratings. These people don't care about Mexico. They just like to be rebellious. Trust me, if they were in Mexico they'd be causing them trouble.

As for the "gangster" type of culture. I know plenty of people who act like that from all races. It's a question of raising your kid right.. I can't believe how bad kids are these days. I'm tired of seeing people's drawers when I leave my house. Tired of the filthy music blaring from cars, tired of people who can't speak at all saying "like" every other word. I'm tired of having to play duck and dodge on the road because dumb Americans don't realize texting and driving is bad. I'm tired cause i'm preggo and this baby hurts my legs.

Hell, let me continue to whine here...or better yet, I could just realize that part of me being on this planet is having to live with other people. I don't get to pick and choose that. Illegal Immigration is a problem. The drugs, well those were always a problem, but why are you harbor hatred for a bunch of people you don't really know all that well? That's ignorant. You don't know every Hispanic, you don't know if they were born here, you don't know how each and every one acts. I mean, would you hate this guy? How about this guy?

Come on, you know you are wrong. Stop looking for sympathy and fix yourself. Stop blaming others for your screwed up mind. You don't have to act that way and you know it.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The whole problem here is that while America was founded on immigrants coming into the country who could barely speak English and would work for nothing, it was a different time. We didn't have food stamps, welfare, free health-care, etc.

There are guidelines for coming into this country: must speak English, pass cultural tests, be well educated, must contribute to society with some set of skills.

The problem we'll run into is when people cannot find work, they turn to crime. Prisons are already overcrowded and state's budgets are weak from supporting everyone when they get sick or are starving.

If these people who were illegally entering America were educated and held a set of skills, they wouldn't be trying to cross over here in the first place because they would be doing fine in Mexico. I say make the fence bigger.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think you hit the nail on the head and would bet most of us feel the same way.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
S&F for the OP and several others get an attaboy.
I have a few responses for many of the posters but sadly i am not capable of being as open and truthful as the OP, and all that i would add would most likely be edited by an admin for good reasons.
I realize i have my freedom of speech here in this country but at times i realize i have a freedom to not look like a jerk and remain silent on my full true feelings.
Maybe that is the problem, we have been too silent for too long and now our little problem has turned into a big one.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join