It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Become a Racist

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Today I asked for a farm job from the owner. He said, "why not"? So I can't even complain that they're keeping me from getting a job. It will be an English speaking Mexican who trains me.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hullabaloo

there was a point to this thread??

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I used to be black skinned but in this incarnation I am white so you see racism is kinda pointless because most don't really remember who or what they were before this lifetime!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

i guess the us loves paying for illegal things, we are paying twice that a year in irag alone...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Man, I still don't understand the whole "stealing jobs" argument. A job isn't some tangible item that a gang of Mexicans can beat you up for in a dark alley. They "took" your job because they're willing to work harder for less money, it isn't their fault, it's the fault of the corporations that support your country's economy. They're just siezing an opportunity. Since when have Americans been afraid of a little competition? I wonder if the first inhabitants of Jamestown complained as much. You're going to get a mixed bag from any country, sure some are "cholos", some are great hardworking people, they're all just taking an opportunity though, you can't blame them for that. The solution would probably be to just force companies to pay the same wages to everyone. Besides, you can still enjoy the culture, why let some illegal aliens spoil your fun?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Tetrarch42]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Excellent post! Your signature alone would warrant a friend add, and your posts only enforce that!

I do not call it racist to protest having our country overrun with people that want to change it to where they came from, instead of adapting, as other cultures manage to do. There is a huge difference between enjoying cultural differences and making those differences the focus.

One thing that always bothers me is the whole idea of a month set aside for all these various cultures, but calling any recognition of basic European culture racist.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by LadyGreenEyes]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by Wolf321

Excellent post! Your signature alone would warrant a friend add, and your posts only enforce that!

I do not call it racist to protest having our country overrun with people that want to change it to where they came from, instead of adapting, as other cultures manage to do. There is a huge difference between enjoying cultural differences and making those differences the focus.

One thing that always bothers me is the whole idea of a month set aside for all these various cultures, but calling any recognition of basic European culture racist.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by LadyGreenEyes]

How does it hurt you that a certain month is set to recognize a specific race? Who really pays attention to that stuff anyways? It has no effect on your daily life. It just makes you sound bitter. I say we embrace our differences and learn from other cultures instead of whining that there is no "White Month".

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

The flaw in your calculation is that:

A: the descendants won't be illegal

B: the Americanization of the children and grandchildren will lead to smaller, more typical nuclear families

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
First of all you are not a racist you are stating the truth you have found that could not be hidden by television propaganda.School indoctrination and social indoctrination.

You have been lied to all your life and this is just one of the layers you have uncovered.

Once you discover this has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with race being used as a weapon to destroy sovereignty then you will be fully awake.

There are people so ingrained with race they can not simple get out of the box.That race is used as a weapon of conquest.

Do you really believe Europeans abandoned there homes and founded the free world because Europe and Africa were so great?

Freedom is rare freedom is a gem and you better start learning how it is destroyed.

You are old enough to know yourself, now know that the race bullet is a weapon of conquest. It only works on the unenlightened.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by TaxpayersUnleashed]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So far all the complaints have been about poor people not brown people. We don't call that racism.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I for once am glad my people come to this country. Just look how americans claim they found america butt no they didn't. Thousands of people knew about this land before the immigrant from Britain came here. Not only that, butt they also treated the natives bad and even killed them off. And let's be honest here, who hires most of my people? Yeah the white man does, I lie to you not. Fist look at your employers because I am Mexican and I used to work at factory and you know what my boss says and he is white. "I want the work done as fast as possible and as cheap as possible"

I now working for a property management doing handy work, we had two new white guys and they came 3 times a week, always wanted smoke breaks, and when the work came that was hard they always wanted to get out of it. You know the hardest workers are, immigrant and older black people. Why do think sweat shops are full of Chinese people.

I promise you now my friends, you will have a Mexican descendant president in less than 100 years, running your country. Think about that.

P.S. I didn't capitalize america on purpose.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Racism is a moot point. Due to cross breeding, In 300 years we will all be indo-chinese afro-whiteicans that speak spanish. Race is on its way out.

See that person you dont like cuz of the color of his skin? Well he and you have the same great great great great...great grand daddy....and will both one day have the same great grat great great grand daughter.

Race was a minor divergence thats coming back together. Too bad a lot of people died for something so stupid as skin melanin quantity.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Thank you for your open and honest post, OP. S+F.

I can't speak for America, but here in the UK there seems to be a similar thing happening, in terms of the UK having to change to accommodate immigrants.

My problem is this. If I wanted to go and live in, say, France then I would have to (a) be able to speak French, and (b) be able to support myself financially. And quite right too.

So why can hoardes of people come into the UK and not have to learn a language or support themselves because their kids can speak their language at primary school (teacher has to accommodate it somehow) and they get their own special shops and food stores etc, and they get benefits and houses handed to them on a plate?

It angers me. It angers many people I know. But I don't think it's racist. I don't care if the person is white/black/brown/pink whatever. If they want to come to another country they should accept that they have to learn the language and integrate. That's all. If they want their own culture, own language, own foods and stores, why the heck do they come over here in the first place?

I'm not saying every immigrant that comes to the UK / or America is bad. Yes some of them are hard working. But the fact remains that there are those who don't, and they hang around on street corners shouting racist remarks at the rest of the population (although, for reasons I've never understood, nobody seems to think they are racist if they call white people names
)

I'm not surprised that people like the OP are angry. The governments that have allowed these situations to happen have made people into what is labelled 'racist' when in fact all we are angry about is the loss of our own country's identity.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

30,000 people moved to El Paso from Juarez. They are the ones that could afford it. You would like them. I like 'em better than most of the white people left here. They have some money so they are different than the Mexicans you are hating on.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

30,000 illegal aliens or 30,000 legalized people?

Im not sure what you meant by that. If they are illegal and with money, then they could afford to become legal, pay taxes and vote.

edit to add, if they are legal, no one would have a problem with that at all.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tappy
I can't speak for America, but here in the UK there seems to be a similar thing happening, in terms of the UK having to change to accommodate immigrants.

My problem is this. If I wanted to go and live in, say, France then I would have to (a) be able to speak French, and (b) be able to support myself financially. And quite right too.

As 'Europeans' we can actually go and live anywhere else we want in the EU without (a) or (b). Of course those from the poorest EU member states want to live in the better off countries. The UK is the most welcoming of these so it is of no surprise we are so popular.

What really turns people against immigrants in general is when they get treated better than those born in this country, which is usually driven by the 'chunky knit sweater' brigade and a fear of being branded 'racist'. I know a few people who have sold cars to immigrants that have been paid for by Brum Council because 'they cant speak english so can't use public transport!'. One of these cars was £19k!

When you think about it rationally, why should the coordinates of your birth make a difference to how you are treated by other humans? That is even stranger than treating someone different because of their skin colour.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Don't worry OP. You're not racist. The term 'racist' has been expanded to cover all sorts of things that have nothing to do with what may be considered 'race'.

The majority of people you see that are law breakers and behave in anti-social ways are Mexican. So it is entirely reasonable for you to think that a Mexican is likely to be a law breaker and anti-social.

Everyone thinks like this whether they admit it or not. Even black people think this way about black people! (Can't find the NewScientist link at the moment)

Your brain needs to classify every object and animal it meets so you can predict its future behavious and assess its possible threat, food value or usefulness. Without classification you would have to personally assess every object or animal you came into contact with which is not practical. This system is so important that humans and other animals have innate classifications such as cat, dog, snake and spider.

Luckily humans have powerful powerful brains so we can learn to disregard the innate response and realise that the sample we have seen is not representative of the majority.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

I'm talking about rich Mexicans, the ones that can afford to do things legally. I suppose some of them are illegal. 1/3 of the people in Juarez have moved away (not all to US or El Paso) due to the violence. This is what happens when you put the drug business into the hands of the cops and miltary. Bring the old hippie dealers back!

People do have problems with rich and poor Mexicans, that is what this thread is about.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by earthdude]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by golden_phoenix

Papal policy was to encourage the vision of America as a place of great wealth which could be taken by the willing to motivate millions of Mexican citizens to illegally cross the border. This was to fill the land with Roman Catholics who, mostly ignorant and easily manipulated by traditions and superstitions, could take it over for the Pope. Controversial, but well documented.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have not really known hispanics of Mexican descent, only Latinos from Puerto Rico. Me and my siblings had the misfortune of growing up in the slums and we were terrorized I mean with physical violence, my little siblings ganged up on dragged on the ground, punched kicked rocks thrown at our windows and obscenities scratched into my mothers car. Because white people, dont usually live in that area, in fact we were the only ones in that whole apt. Some nice Latinos, ones that were civilized moved out and all we had left were people who got govt checks they stood in the hall, waiting for their checks at like the 1st of the month because everybody would steal eachother's mail and that was check day. If a kid was rummaging through someones mail, the mother wouldnt say stop that, shed ask what they have for mail in there.
I don't want to generalize but I had such a bad experience, however, when we moved into an apt in the slum where there were other whites, the situation was hardly different, people from bad situations and environments tend to act like that. The ones that do work, get all the good, away from people jobs while us who can speak English have to deal with high stress customer service. When I worked at Dunkin Donuts I got yelled at for making a sandwich, like I usually did for break. But earlier a Hispanic worker, not only got a free sandwich but it was made for her by us, another coworker, but we didnt have that privileged. Why were the rules different for her? Because we couldnt explain it to her?
So she gets food we arent allowed to have. I dont know. I want to be kind and I try to have peace with the situation, but I can understand how a person, learns to be racist through the experience they have. Us citizens cant go live in another country without I mean alot of things being in place , alot of paperwork, you really have to know someone or get married. And it is common for people without a legal right to be somewhere to get deported back. But the American citizens are supposed to have wide open borders, till we cant sustain our own people, esp since most jobs have been outscourced to third world countries. Where are the principles our Nation was founded on? Why must American children go hungry and starve?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by eyeofthetiger]

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join