It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Patent #7709819 "Apparatus and Method for Long-Term Storage of Antimatter"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Reading through the patent I find this:

Under Claims:

21. An apparatus according to claim 13 wherein said source of microwave energy is transmitted between an earth orbiting satellites through a Satellite Digital Audio Radio Server that transmits circularly polarized microwaves to a receiving antenna located on said container so as to provide microwave energy to said microwave resonator.

Source of microwave energy transmitted from earth orbiting satellites? Why?

Go back to claim 13.

13. An apparatus for the long-term storage of antimatter comprising: an evacuated, cryogenic container; a source of positrons and a source of electrons; a plurality of positrons and electrons provided by said source of positrons and said source of electrons so as to be in capture relation to one another within said evacuated, cryogenic container so as to allow for the formation of a plurality of positronium atoms; a source of microwave energy interconnected with said container; and a fabry-perot, microwave resonator located within said evacuated, cryogenic container forming a circularly polarized standing wave within which said plurality of positronium atoms rotate.

So now go back to the abstract and the casual throw away line that a method of storage is also provided

A long-term antimatter storage device that may be energized by a low power magnetron and can function autonomously for hundreds of hours on the energy provided by batteries. An evacuated, cryogenic container is arranged with a source of positrons and a source of electrons positioned in capture relation to one another within the container so as to allow for the formation of a plurality of positronium atoms. A microwave resonator is located within the container forming a circularly polarized standing wave within which the plurality of positronium atoms rotate. Radioactive sources for small stores and low energy positron accelerators for large stores are used to efficiently fill the device with positronium in seconds to minutes. The device may also be arranged to provide for the extraction of positrons. A method for storing antimatter is also provided.

What we are looking at here - it seems to me - is a relatively cheap and easy method of creating the antimatter according to the description. The storage seems to be secondary.

The device of the present invention may be energized by a battery-operated magnetron or travelling wave tube, or by wireless transmission from a satellite. In addition, low energy positron accelerators may be used to efficiently fill the cavity in seconds to minutes.

and

In another embodiment, wireless powering of long-term antimatter storage device 1, via microwave transmission from satellites to other satellites, aircraft, motor vehicles or spacecraft may be utilized.

No one else has mentioned this. I find this powering by satellites significant. Does this also mean that you can switch off the containment by satellite - i.e. by not providing containment power. Boom!! Very convenient. Stick it in a container, send a ship into port, transport the container to the centre of the target city and the Russians latest toy becomes obsolete?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Quaint idea on the storage of antimatter. However, I've always prefered to keep mine in my purse. I just drop it in and like everything else it sinks to the bottom, never to be found again. Security is fast, inexpensive and permanent.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Please look up patent D580465. It's PROOF I tell you!

Proof that they are using the anti-matter containment unit to power this warp drive!!!!!

www.freepatentsonline.com...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

A long-term antimatter storage device that may be energized by a low power magnetron and can function autonomously for hundreds of hours on the energy provided by batteries. An evacuated, cryogenic container is arranged with a source of positrons and a source of electrons positioned in capture relation to one another within the container so as to allow for the formation of a plurality of positronium atoms. A microwave resonator is located within the container forming a circularly polarized standing wave within which the plurality of positronium atoms rotate. Radioactive sources for small stores and low energy positron accelerators for large stores are used to efficiently fill the device with positronium in seconds to minutes. The device may also be arranged to provide for the extraction of positrons. A method for storing antimatter is also provided.

What we are looking at here - it seems to me - is a relatively cheap and easy method of creating the antimatter according to the description. The storage seems to be secondary.

It's describing how it will be filled, stored, and taken out of the device.

They'd probably acquire the positrons from radioactive sodium which is the "radioactive sources for small stores". Positrons are produced naturally, after all... and they'd be using particle accelerators to create bunches of anti-particles to fill the device with. By bunches, we're talking about 2 or 3 per collision.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Quaint idea on the storage of antimatter. However, I've always prefered to keep mine in my purse. I just drop it in and like everything else it sinks to the bottom, never to be found again. Security is fast, inexpensive and permanent.

HAHAHAHAHA. Nice one.
Maybe you should patent this innovation.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by PuterMan

It's describing how it will be filled, stored, and taken out of the device.

They'd probably acquire the positrons from radioactive sodium which is the "radioactive sources for small stores". Positrons are produced naturally, after all... and they'd be using particle accelerators to create bunches of anti-particles to fill the device with. By bunches, we're talking about 2 or 3 per collision.

Lol. Your earlier post on could have may have etc was brilliant.
Coming back to this post, it is my understanding that the products of collision cannot be stored, but instead they are picked up by detectors.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I had no idea that we had antimatter for decades ...

S&F

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

May I ask how you found this patent? Were you just "surfing" their website?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Very interesting interview with Dr. Smith @ thefutureofthings.com...

Q: Approximately how many positrons are needed for a trip to Mars and back, how much will the ILC produce in a year, and will we be able to boost production to the desired level?
A: Good question. 10 mg is equal to 1.1 x 1025 positrons. The ILC target numbers for production are in the 1015/sec range. So, it would take 1010 seconds to make 10 mg. Much too long. If the production rate can be increased by a factor of 100, it would take 108 seconds, or 3 years. I estimate the cost of production to be $250 million for 10 mg, after building a $1.5 billion accelerator system. This could all be done in 5-10 years.

Makes you wonder about the "real" purpose for the Large Hadron Collider at CERN?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by softbeard
reply to post by malcr

Actually, the anti-protons & anti-neutrons in anti-matter are made of anti-quarks, not regular-matter quarks in different combinations. Anti-electrons (positrons) & electrons have no known constituent sub-particles. But all that's nit-picking. Just about all theories predict anti-matter will be affected by gravity in an identical way as ordinary matter.

CERN has officially produced antimatter since the mid '90s. So they surely know how gravity is influencing its trajectory?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
May I ask how you found this patent? Were you just "surfing" their website?

Came up during a keyword search on an unrelated matter.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
reply to post by Chonx

No you don't understand.

The patent system doesn't work that way.

You can't patent a simple idea.

This is real world WORKING technology with real world application or the patent can be declared invalid.

This is not science fiction or "thinking ahead", this stuff is supposedly real and working as described.

Actually, you're only looking at patent "applications" and not the patents themselves.

This is NOT real world working technology based on patent alone and you hit it on the head when you said "supposedly".

For instance, there's another "US" ("US" does not imply "United States Government") patent for...

"A pulsed gravitational wave wormhole generator system that teleports a human being through hyperspace from one location to another."
Patent Application #20060071122

According to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Official website...

"The patent law specifies that the subject matter must be “useful.” The term “useful” in this connection refers to the condition that the subject matter has a useful purpose and also includes operativeness, that is, a machine which will not operate to perform the intended purpose would not be called useful, and therefore would not be granted a patent."

It then goes on to say...

"Interpretations of the statute by the courts have defined the limits of the field of subject matter that can be patented, thus it has been held that the laws of nature, physical phenomena, and abstract ideas are not patentable subject matter."

"A patent cannot be obtained upon a mere idea or suggestion. The patent is granted upon the new machine, manufacture, etc., as has been said, and not upon the idea or suggestion of the new machine. A complete description of the actual machine or other subject matter for which a patent is sought is required."
U.S. Patent & Trademark

Therefore, ALL that is needed is a "complete description" and anyone can claim anything.

Also, this "John Quincy" character is responsible for both of these patents and he's obviously found a hole in the patent process and is willing to spend his money so that he can say he has patents. Maybe the Patent and Copyright office is hurting severely for cash.

And here's ANOTHER patent for "Remote Viewing Amplification"...
Patent Application #2006072226

And another... this time, for "Walking Through Walls"...
Patent Application #20060014125

There are no patents here.

Try not to mislead people...

DEBUNKED!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by spectre76]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Listen to the last bit of Lazar's interview on this video. It mentions anti-matter in one of the area 51 buildings. Now it seems plausible....

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There's a conspiracy pony in this general barn, but not associated with this particular patent. Probably more of a conspiracy Clydesdale. It's really well hidden, though, I think the only "leaks" I've seen are Ken Edwards' "what would you do with positrons" tour in the spring of 2004, and the test firing of a certain VERY secret weapon system related to that topic in June of that year which someone got photos of and posted on the Internet, but doesn't know what it is.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spectre76

I think you are trying to say Gools is misleading people and there are no such things as patents?
But the chunk of your post is rambling, Of course you have to apply for a patent, before you can have something Patented....What on gods green earth are you on about...the PDF linked IS AN ACTUAL patent.....
Yawn, why am i bothering?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join