It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Patent #7709819 "Apparatus and Method for Long-Term Storage of Antimatter"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Antor

Maybe this is the beginning of the end of OIL AGE!

Or the beginning of a new and twisted kind of arms race with the objective to make nuclear weapons obsolete in favor of new and more powerful warheads containing anti-hydrogen which can have unlimited destructive power, yet not leave behind massive radioactive clouds.

en.wikipedia.org...

The primary theoretical advantage of such a weapon is that antimatter and matter collisions, though significantly limited by neutrino losses, still convert a larger fraction of the weapon's mass into explosive energy than a fusion reaction in a hydrogen bomb, which is on the order of only 0.7%.[citation needed]

On March 24, 2004, Eglin Air Force Base Munitions Directorate official Kenneth Edwards spoke at the NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts[1]. During the speech, Edwards ostensibly emphasized a potential property of positron weaponry, a type of antimatter weaponry: Unlike thermonuclear weaponry, positron weaponry would leave behind "no nuclear residue", such as the nuclear fallout generated by the nuclear fission reactions which power nuclear weapons. According to an article in San Francisco Chronicle, Edwards has granted funding specifically for positron weapons technology development, focusing research on ways to store positrons for long periods of time, a significant technical and scientific difficulty.

Obama can see a world without nukes.

Now I can too!

The key is efficient production and storage of antimatter, and we have no idea how far clandestine government research and development programs have advanced.

Maybe they are already there... and that is why there are currently international moves being made to significantly reduce nuclear weapons stockpiles?

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Patents are pretty awesome to scavenge through. Physics make them plausible operating mechanisms. I guess if they know what the dynamics of the anti-matter is then they can harness it as well as store. It's simply electricity on another scale. Trying to harness energy

it's when you see the patents for living organisms that makes you think. Eugenics is what really needs to be looked at. I mean, we all know tptb have the technology that could change everything. Time reveals all secrets

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Apparatus and Method for Long-Term Storage of Antimatter

I bet you didn't know we had any antimatter lying around that needed long term storage!

Things that make you go hmmm...

[edit on 7 May 10 by Gools]

I really hope if anyone is considering playing with this stuff in large amounts on Earth, they don't. Use the moon, and mine helium 3 for enough fussion energy to make the stuff. Way to dangerous, and another reason to go back to the moon.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by Gools

Dear Gools

Something for every body to bare in mind. Antimatter requires a electro magnetic trap.

So there had better be no power cuts in that area or there is going to be a very big hole in the ground.

Just think how the power companies could hold these facilities to ransom not to speak of terrorists no I said not to speak.

In short it is very dangerous stuff and do we trust them TPTB to be able to control it in this environment, or any other environment for that matter??/

I think there would be a big NOTHING in the ground. A hole is a something but antimatter annihilates somethings. There might very well be a big rip in existence.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Apparatus and Method for Long-Term Storage of Antimatter

I bet you didn't know we had any antimatter lying around that needed long term storage!

Things that make you go hmmm...

[edit on 7 May 10 by Gools]

Regardless of what you think you know, you don't have to have already created the product in order to patent it.

Can you show that this product has already been produced?

On top of that, we've been creating and storing anti-matter for decades now. A Penning Trap, for example is one method used to store anti-matter. We've been storing anti-matter at places like CERN for years. One of my professors in college used to work as a particle physicist at CERN and talked about it every once in a while.

Also, are you really suggesting that it is such a jump from short-term storage (months) of anti-matter to long-term storage (years)??

Are you trying to imply some devious purpose for long-term storage? Considering the cost of anti-matter creation, a long term storage solution would be VERY VERY beneficial.

Are you sure you didn't step into a time vortex and arrive here from the late 1940's?????

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

Ah, so they can store it and we know they can create it... But one question that remains unanswered is..

If you drop antimatter will it fall up or down?

You dont drop anti-matter.
IT DROPS YOU!!!

But seriously.... GREAT FIND GOOLS!!! This is good info!

[edit on (5/7/10) by AllSeeingI]

at CERN they are doing a test to determine if some kind of anti-particle, when released from the magnetic containment they use, will be subject to gravity (and thus fall), or do the opposite, IE act subject to anti-gravity - or as the scientists prefer to call it, LEVITY! (seriously, i kid you not)

now that i would love to see!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

As soon as these Positronic warheads are perfected expect the US nuclear arsenal to be dismantled.

Of course the rest of the planet will only know we dismantled our nuclear arsenal, but not why.

They'll find out though in the course of the next world war.

[edit on 8/5/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Maybe they have them now.

A hypothetical scenario for you to consider.

Iran either does something really stupid or is set up to appear as though they have (attack either Israel and/or US assets in Iraq/Middle East)

Something that would require a massive retaliation.... Where we would consider using nukes.

We could use antimatter bombs.... Within a rather short time Iran could be flooded with ground forces and contractors, their oil fields would be under western control and would flow in short time..... Radiation would not be a factor.

The perfect weapon for such a scenario.

Also, North Korea could be annihilated without contaminating neighboring countries with radiation.

Just food for thought.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Starred and flagged.

So does this mean, we may also have a Geordi LaForge or Scotty somewhere working on the anti-matter containment field?

But seriously, I heard a quote a few years ago, I can't for the life of me find it again but it goes: "The government is a few hundred years ahead of the civilian technology game", meaning they're way ahead of us. Something I personally believe. Especially when you think about the cold hard cash they (the U.S. government anyways) drop each year on "black projects". Something in those projects have to produce something valuable. It's hard to think throwing a few billion on something will yield no results...

Anywho... I'm off.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Dear TrueBrit

Thanks for your answer.

I think the point here is that I would not like to be living next door to a place that is holding this stuff. Especially when all that is needed to set it off is turning off the power.

That in the wake of hearing that power is not that reliable in the USA. Big black out and all that.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NASAcrew
THis patent is an APPLICATION, it has not been granted.

Your wrong.
The patent was GRANTED May 4 2010.

BTW on Page 1 I stated:

Here is a PDF version with the diagrams included: US Patent #7709819

I work in life sciences.
I can't make heads or tails of this stuff...

I have no motivation and make no value judgments on the validity or novelty of this information other than to bring it to the member's attention.

Amazing what some people will read into a post on this website. Many can read the words but apparently reading comprehension is a lost art.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Its possible we may have used them already.

One kilogram of positronic matter can create an explosive yield equal to around 20 megatons of tnt. Which is enough to flatten/vaporize out to 10 miles from ground zero and create a firestorm out to 16 miles.

Well we don't need a kilogram, but warheads containing milligrams of positronic matter could have already been tested and used.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Please look up patent D580465. It's PROOF I tell you!

Proof that they are using the anti-matter containment unit to power this warp drive!!!!!

patft.uspto.gov... 2FD580465

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Its possible we may have used them already.

One kilogram of positronic matter can create an explosive yield equal to around 20 megatons of tnt. Which is enough to flatten/vaporize out to 10 miles from ground zero and create a firestorm out to 16 miles.

Well we don't need a kilogram, but warheads containing milligrams of positronic matter could have already been tested and used.

Possible... may have... can... enough to... could have...

My cat could have just teleported outside, too.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Then it is also possible for your cat to learn to read this thread and better advise you on how to post more effective silly off topic comments and unrelated links without the use of these...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Then it is also possible for your cat to learn to read this thread and better advise you on how to post more effective silly off topic comments and unrelated links without the use of these...

Well, the link wasn't unrelated. It shows that you don't have to have created the invention, which seemed to be implied earlier in the thread. There certainly aren't any warp drives around.

If cat's can read, perhaps there is hope for you?

Then again, with your 100% hypothetical posts like the previous one, I'm sure you are leaning toward secret warp drivers be using in hypothetical alien wars, etc.. etc...

In general summary:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Like someone posted above, we've been making and storing tiny quantities of antimatter for research purposes for decades. I've seen Penning traps and there are a couple of laser suspension traps that are in pretty common use.

An issue is that you have a tough time storing neutral antimatter (like an anti-neutron) since an electric field won't hold it, and charged anti-matter (like raw positrons) repels itself, and more than a smidge in your trap will start leaking out because of mutual repulsion forces.

This trap is for storing a neutral "pseudoelement'" made up of interlocked electrons and positrons. You can get more in that way.

If you put all the anti-matter that CERN has made in one place and let it go, you'd get a bang like a big firecracker. It's not cost-effective as a weapon when manufactured by particle collision.

Of course, there's the Proteus device, but that doesn't count.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

This is ATS, if speculative posts annoy you so much, perhaps you should just ignore them.

Actually, I really do not like cats.

But I did enjoy the brief encounter with you here.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I wonder that nobody took a look on "Positronics Research LLC",
the Assignee from the patent.

www.pr-llc.com...

The press-release there is an interesting read.
There is no direct link just go there on "News & Publications"

here an Excerpt:

MAJOR SCIENTIFIC BREAKTHROUGH ANNOUNCED

Discovery will change the world and the way we live

AUGUST 4, 2004 (Santa Fe, New Mexico): Today, Positronics Research LLC (PRLLC) announced a major scientific breakthrough in the stabilization and storage  of antimatter. By harnessing this "pure energy", scienties believe that they will be able to treat cancer, study materials and realize deep space travel. PRLLC achieved the breakthrough working on a Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) contract with Air Force Research Labratory Munitions directorate, Eglin AFB FL.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
okay i found this very interesting as there are huge costs involved, so with such huge costs, why a patent? Who has the money to steal the idea?it seems like a rich man ensuring his family in the future will also be rich....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join