It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow is crashing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

You're avatar says it all.
I have a feeling we'll see another big drop at closing time. (I have no proof. It's just a FEELING.)
Anyway. I'm going to go stock up again.

Ventessa

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Wrong

at 3:23pm -467.67 and still going back down

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm in a managed 401k fund. Ive been getting letters that they are moving to much more conservative funds. Such as real estate and index funds. Many of the banks that survived the great depression did so because they had 2 tangible products, land and homes.

I do find it exciting to watch such swings in the market real time. I wish I had time to work a second job to save for the next real low.

I''l buy in at a 6800-7300 DOW

[edit on 6-5-2010 by IntelRetard]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
While the DOW is crashing gold is on the rise. It is up 35 dollars an ounce, it has almost matched a 30 day gain just today. These have to be correlated don't you think?

www.goldprice.org...

[edit on 6-5-2010 by filosophia]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
below or above 10,000 at the closing ? if it below I guess tomorow will be a strange day...
Saddly it will be a Friday, so the Week-End is after : they will have time to make some black arrangement betweens banksters and on monday everything will be like all weeks !

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
holy shizznits, that is huge! As soon as I read the thread I told my office and everyone started freaking out
meanwhile My boss ran to his computer screaming "buy buy buy!" That's amazing, dropped by nearly 1000.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
While the DOW is crashing gold is on the rise. It is up 35 dollars an ounce, it has almost matched a 30 day gain just today. These have to be correlated don't you think?

www.goldprice.org...

[edit on 6-5-2010 by filosophia]

It's a flight to safety, for sure. That's why I think money will also move from europe into US equities, as long as things stay reasonably contained. I believe employment numbers tomorrow will weigh heavily, as US continuing recovery should be verified.

Every situation presents an opportunity. As they say, buy when there is blood in the streets.....

Best,
SN

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Coming to a Theme park near you, the new freefall coaster!
Based on the stock markets!

What a ride...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Cramer saves the day!!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Pray for an all-out crash people. From what I've learned, this needs to happen before disclosure can take place.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Now they are blaming it on an error trade by a person at a major trade company. A b instead of an m for million. Uhuh... hose were electronic trades causing that free fall.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Pray for an all-out crash people. From what I've learned, this needs to happen before disclosure can take place.

Sorry, no can do. I don't want bloody riots, food shortages, and all the other stuff that the doom junkies seem to constantly hope for everyday.

I'll take more incremental change. Love how the financial reg. bill is turning out.

Best,
SN

[edit on 5/6/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Back up to -2.5 %. Nothing to see here folks.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think we just witnessed the financial version of Skynet in action.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Its things like this which make me glad I don't have any money in the stock market besides whatever the boneheads who manage my 401k have put in it, but since retirement for my generation is not an option anymore its no sweat off my back. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow though, this is more entertaining than any TV I've seen in ages.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Proctor and Gamble lost 40 percent of it's stock value today.

Anyone know why???

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That was the trade they say a human put in a sell for billions instead of millions. Then the cascade effect started. Plausible considering the trade houses use software to watch the moves.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by IntelRetard]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Proctor and Gamble lost 40 percent of it's stock value today.

Anyone know why???

It was an error of some sort for that one. It's around $60 right now. I think only like 12,000 shares traded at the PG low (out of many, many millions).

Best,
SN

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Just came out that it was a trading error. Some bonehead fat-fingered his trading workstation.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Smells like market manipulation to me.

No NEW breaking crisis?
No terrorist attack?

Something else is going on here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join