It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow is crashing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkaba93
Audit the fed hearings were today.

This was the banksters reminding Congress and the Senate who they work for.

"You audit us and we drop the market faster than WTC7."

I did not realise that, i like the part about WTC7 haha

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have a feeling that tomorrow will be even worse, because of all the people today who freaked out when it feel over 1000 points who called their broker and told them to take the money out of the stock market. Well, most of the time, the transaction can't be made until the next day. So, my guess is tomorrow it will fall even more, because of all the sell orders that probably came in today.

I kept trying to warn my family that a stock market crash was imminent, but they wouldn't listen to me. They told me that they didn't want to hear any more of my conspiracy theories. Ok, then....I tried to warn them.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is such a great chance for a lot of people to make money right now.

I don't play the market because I have no initial to invest with (Broke college student)

but as we all know...Those rich ppl controlling everything isn't going to let Europe die. I predict a couple more drops like this in the next few weeks and then when everyone is selling their stuff, the big boys are going to come in an buy buy buy. The market will shoot back up very very soon when the dollar becomes stronger than the Euro.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm really happy that so many Yank Investors have potentially had their ill gotten gains wiped clean.

After all, it was all YOU YANKS that CAUSED this bloody WORLD ECONOMIC CRISIS in the first place.

Us poor buggers in Europe, as usual, have had to skip along behind, blindly carrying you along afterwards and soaking up your COCK-UPS.

I REALLY do hope that the WHOLE CORRUPT AND MONEY GRABBING SYSTEM OF AMERICAN BANKING AND FINANCE COLLAPSES ONTO ITSELF.

At least then, we innocents here in Europe and other Countries can at least TRY to re-build our economies based on a more fairer and just system - perhaps from the East, that will bring a more stable fianicial situation.

HERE'S HOPING THAT ANY CHANGE IN UK GOVT WILL HERALD A FINAL CUT IN THIS RIDICULOUS "SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP" THAT EXISTS BETWEEN THE UK AND THE US. A 'special relationship' that has, since WW2 (remember that one Yanks - that was the one where we in the UK saw FIRST that the NAZI's were bad BUT, YOU LOT held out for 3 years before you r own interests were threatened and you cynically decided to become involved??!!!) been based on on what I can only summize is a language. A language that is English but that is the ONLY similarity between the UK and the US.

Good riddance to BAD BLOOD I say...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

I have a feeling that tomorrow will be even worse, because of all the people today who freaked out when it feel over 1000 points who called their broker and told them to take the money out of the stock market. Well, most of the time, the transaction can't be made until the next day. So, my guess is tomorrow it will fall even more, because of all the sell orders that probably came in today.

I kept trying to warn my family that a stock market crash was imminent, but they wouldn't listen to me. They told me that they didn't want to hear any more of my conspiracy theories. Ok, then....I tried to warn them.

Sorry to tell you, but I will be one of the people you're talking about. This is my retirement money we're talking about and it has taken almost 2 years to almost recover to where I was before the last crash in 2008. I'll be damned if I'm going to let it happen that way all over again.

They try to make you believe Greece is the cause of all this and they're saying Spain is on the horizon and in even worse shape.

Take a look at what I'm calling a weak attempt at explaining "why Greece Matters ..."

CNBC Article

The key comments to me being:

Volatility and Greece: why it matters for retailers, who report April retail sales tomorrow. If someone asks, what do JC Penney sales in the U.S. have to do with Greece? The answer is, on a fundamental basis, nothing.

IMO investors and traders here like to think of themselves as tough animals such as bulls and bears, when in reality they are acting more like sheep being led to the slaughter.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

'Human error' behind huge Dow Jones share market plunge

A HUMAN trading error at a "major firm" may have caused a huge plunge in the US share market overnight.

A TRADING error known as the “fat finger problem” at a major investment bank may have caused a huge plunge in the US stock market overnight.

The crash began shortly before 2.25pm local time, when in a white-knuckle 20 minutes America's top 30 firms saw their share prices dive 998.5 points, almost nine per cent, wiping out billions in market value.

wyckynews.com.au...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Selling might be a bad idea.. the damage was already done. You don't move out of the way of a speeding bullet after its already been fired. If you were in the path, you've already been hit. If you didn't get hit, then there's nothing left to dodge.

Getting out BEFORE crashes is a whole different story :p

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Kaytagg]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by crichton13

A language that is English but that is the ONLY similarity between the UK and the US.

UK and US both begin with United

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I was awestruck when I tuned in to the noon news. I had previously taken my 401K funds out of stocks and was beginning to feel that I had outsmarted myself. Now I'm a happy procrastinator.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I'm really happy that so many Yank Investors have potentially had their ill gotten gains wiped clean.

After all, it was all YOU YANKS that CAUSED this bloody WORLD ECONOMIC CRISIS in the first place.

Us poor buggers in Europe, as usual, have had to skip along behind, blindly carrying you along afterwards and soaking up your COCK-UPS.

I REALLY do hope that the WHOLE CORRUPT AND MONEY GRABBING SYSTEM OF AMERICAN BANKING AND FINANCE COLLAPSES ONTO ITSELF.

At least then, we innocents here in Europe and other Countries can at least TRY to re-build our economies based on a more fairer and just system - perhaps from the East, that will bring a more stable fianicial situation.

HERE'S HOPING THAT ANY CHANGE IN UK GOVT WILL HERALD A FINAL CUT IN THIS RIDICULOUS "SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP" THAT EXISTS BETWEEN THE UK AND THE US. A 'special relationship' that has, since WW2 (remember that one Yanks - that was the one where we in the UK saw FIRST that the NAZI's were bad BUT, YOU LOT held out for 3 years before you r own interests were threatened and you cynically decided to become involved??!!!) been based on on what I can only summize is a language. A language that is English but that is the ONLY similarity between the UK and the US.

Good riddance to BAD BLOOD I say...

Let me first say that I respect your view and your entitled to it. That's what we generally strive for here in the states. You have some points although not valid.

We knew what world War II was all about and what Hitler wanted to do. Americans would not back another war with Germany without good cause. That being the case we sent arms and money to tide you over. Then we let Pearl Harbor more or less happen so we would have a rally cry for getting in to save Europe in WW2.

Many of the Institutions running markets here and as well as the education system were started by those from the UK. For example Harvard in 1636.

On a side note to the Goldman Sachs issue at hand:

Goldman history

On December 4, 1928, it launched the Goldman Sachs Trading Corp. a closed-end fund with characteristics similar to that of a Ponzi scheme. The fund failed as a result of the Stock Market Crash of 1929, hurting the firm's reputation for several years afterward.[5] Of this case and others like Blue Ridge Corporation [6] and Shenandoah Corporation [7] John Kenneth Galbraith wrote: The Autumn of 1929 was, perhaps, the first occasion when men succeeded on a large scale in swindling themselves.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by IntelRetard]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Sir, you can take that attitude elsewhere. This is ATS. Remember that.

We are all here because we want to discuss the actual inner workings of a system that undermines our collective intelligences and actually jeopardizes our collective interests as well. We are all together here. Don't start slinging poo at your friends just because you're mad. We're all mad. This has potential to destroy us as all as well, and it's not entirely 'Americans' that are causing this problem. It's the elite that swing around the world as if it has no borders. The ones that don't care if they burn down their home , because they have one in every country.

Those fools have no nationality, because they have no nation. Please be mad at those guys, and give us a little apology if you can. This kind of venting doesn't help anyone or anything.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by patmac]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sorry for my lack of understanding on these market shares etc. and for my pessimism.

But i was going to ask, do you think that this big drop on the market was coincidental or not? Is it possible that someone or something was capable of making ridiculous money/profits during this huge bounce in shares?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nastyj

‘Human error’ behind huge Dow Jones share market plunge

A HUMAN trading error at a "major firm" may have caused a huge plunge in the US share market overnight.

A TRADING error known as the “fat finger problem” at a major investment bank may have caused a huge plunge in the US stock market overnight.

The crash began shortly before 2.25pm local time, when in a white-knuckle 20 minutes America's top 30 firms saw their share prices dive 998.5 points, almost nine per cent, wiping out billions in market value.

wyckynews.com.au...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo123
www.businessinsider.com...

Cramer is saving the day!!!!

"Cramer is amazing.

He came on air to talk with Erin Burnett, and the Dow gained 400 points from a loss of 900 to being down 500.

All hail Cramer."

LOL! He's getting all the suckers to put their money into the Titanic while there is still some deck above water...

What's really amazing is how anyone can listen to that f*%$nut.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
All concerned groups in this matter claim there were no erroneous trades. Said trades were electronically triggered. I'm not buying the fat finger story accept for someone behind the scenes giving one to the masses as they watched their account swell

NYSE even slowed trading or "put the brakes on" so to speak. This however did not stop the plethora of trades coming in from all directions. The NYSE has no control over external forces short of stopping or slowing trading all together.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
And in other news, the Japanese Nikkei is down 3.85%, or 411 points, to 10,284 as I type this.

Must be a clerical error.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano
Amen. Or should I say... 'Amun'

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

They're not just reverse- correlated, ol buddy.
Schiff, Chapman, Celente, and a few other old hands have hinted that
when the REAL crash comes, the [dollar value of gold] and the
[Dow Average] stripes WILL CROSS. Ain't that comforting?

Anyone who hasn't heard Eric King's interview of Andrew Maguire--
IT DWARFS THE MADOFF SCAM. Treat yourself to the lower right-
hand corner AntennaHead (MP3) at

www.kingworldnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join