It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: couple arrested at US border for asking questions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Originally posted by Izarith
Obama is not Black, he is an African born from a white mother. And before you go jumping for joy I suggest you take a look at how great African leaders usually run counties in Africa. Not a pretty sight.

Wow... Did you really just infer that Obama being literally half African is the sole reason he shouldn't be running the country? Please, tell me I misunderstood you there and you really did not go from comparing the US and Nazi Germany to making a racist comment about Obama based on half his DNA.

I am literally speechless here...

interpretation is all in the context and everyone's is different

just because your black does not make you a saint, and just because your german does not make you a nazi, and not all americans are freedom lovers

the world is a mixed and might i add very confused bag right now

this whole thread is reading like saturday night live

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

This reminds me of that smelly stuff that bulls make. They had absolutely no right to obtain them in the first place. Not answering question is not against the law. If anything, the couple should have been told to turn around and go back home. If they were not allowed to cross the border then they were still on Canadian ground. That means that the US officers illegally obtained a Canadian citizen on Canadian ground. If I was Canada I would be peeved

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Id say this is real.

I mean the best thing you can do if your being detained or about to be arrested, act like your going to make a phone call, but just flip on your cameras video recorder and shove it in your pocket.

that is probably why there is no video.

my phones camera quality is garbage, but it picks up audio amazingly well. the recording can save you a criminal charge

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Id say this is real.

I mean the best thing you can do if your being detained or about to be arrested, act like your going to make a phone call, but just flip on your cameras video recorder and shove it in your pocket.

that is probably why there is no video.

my phones camera quality is garbage, but it picks up audio amazingly well. the recording can save you a criminal charge

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
[edit on 7-5-2010 by DChenO]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
that video is Niagara Customs

Well... this is what is going on in my area ! to my People

when there was no side arms ever at the customs until now!!!! as small protest ...

International Border Crossing- Mohawk War Hero on July 4, 2009

"U.S./Canada Border" Royal Canadian Air Farce Skit

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It was 1984, I was in traffic court. I listened as a woman explained that she was speeding because she was late for work. Then she added: 'It's not like I was out joyriding...'

(Imagine if you had told the customs worker that you are just taking in the sights...joyriding, so to speak?)

In case no one's noticed, 'joyriding' is a thing of the past.

My point is that the woman who stood before the judge was one of many responsible for the trend toward fascism. Her submissive appeal hit my ears like a screech of submission. Eventually my turn came.

Recently I had been taken in on a red light violation because a cop sets up at Touhy and route 83, each evening at sunset, at the burger King there, fully aware that those making left turns can no longer see the traffic signal as it is perfectly eclipsed by the Sun. Then he waits for the driver to finish the turn against a 'pink' (expired) turn arrow.

That's his job.

The judge asked if I had any 'priors'.

"He was involved in an accident..", said the prosecutor.

In which I was not found guilty....

"You HAD your chance to speak", I was abruptly cut off...and given traffic school and court fines etc....

Then the bailiff followed me around after I was dismissed, and threatened to arrest me because I was a little pissed off.

Power is corrupting to almost everyone. Border guards are no exception. You could almost say that unless the guard (proud job holder) is subject to the corrupting, exhilarating influence of 'power', that he would not have been selected for the work.

All power mongers know this. and screen accordingly.

You want to know where all this is coming from?

You already know. We have invited them in to our homes, and each version is better at hypnosis than the last.

Good luck everyone.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

You want to know where all this is coming from?

You already know. We have invited them in to our homes, and each version is better at hypnosis than the last.

Are you implying that you have border patrol agents that are not citizens?

Edit - Just in case you are.

Basic Qualifications and Medical Requirements for Border Patrol Agents

[edit on 7-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by richierich
I regard all cops as subhuman pieces of trash...and disposing of the bad ones would no doubt help this nation...trouble is, most ALL are bad!!

Yah...until you need one! And the border guards are mindless thugs until they pop a smuggler...gun/drugs/human, or a terrorist an the way through.

Why would I ever need one? Stopping smuggling just means that the price goes up, and that costs people more....so of course they do not want that...and as for terrorists...haven't you found out that it is almost impossible to find even ONE case of a real terrorist getting stopped at Niagra Falls...so remote a chance that it would be a fluke..

Customs is like an irritant; it cannot accomplish anything substantial, so they busy themselves with petty nonsense hassling tourists and bullying those who seem amazed at their idiocy. They are not protecting us from anything....serious border crossings are made at remote sites far from some pansy customs man.

It is all a scam; the intel black ops boys bring in vast narcotics for profit, know they cannot be caught...while the innocent or petty user gets the full monty from john law...real fair, huh?

Cops today are the enemy...treat them as such.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Sorry...can't buy into that. Sure some are rotten...the vast majority protect us from the bad guys. It's called civilisation.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
is everybody done arguing with the person who lives in North Korea, but commutes to Mexico then crosses the Mexican/U.S. border for work everyday....
or his he just taking a rest due to all the global travel...
not too mention how exhausting it must be emulating batman and spending hours every day doing a rooster strut to the border guards

"Yes Sir" "No Sir" "I'm not exactly sure which stores Sir" " Thank You, Sir. Have a nice day"
polite protocol works wonders with Federal Agents that ask questions to trip one up and cause a reaction during the line of investigation

[edit on 7-5-2010 by reticlevision]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
For those who still want to wear blinders and believe that these officers were not operating within the EXACT scope of their duties:

If you intend to refuse to answer their questions and fill out the forms, expect to be searched by a cross customs agent.

There are many reasons for deciding to examine someone. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has a program of random checks that helps us calibrate our information regarding smuggling trends. In addition, CBP Officers will occasionally observe something that fits a smuggling characteristic. They will then want to conduct a search to see if anything else in the passenger's goods or answers would provide information that would indicate whether or not there is additional need for concern. Many people think that Officers only target people who look disreputable or suspicious, and are therefore offended when they themselves are singled out. Please be aware, some of CBP's biggest seizures have come from inspections of "respectable looking" people, such as grandmothers, corporate executives, college professors, etc. Everyone is subject to CBP inspection when they arrive in the U.S.

Search Authority
The Congress of the United States has given U.S. Customs and Border Protection broad authority to conduct searches of persons and their baggage, cargo, and means of transportation entering the United States. This authority is contained in Title 19 of the United States Code, Sections 482, 1467, 1496, 1581, and 1582. For further information please visit the Inspections Section on the Customs and Border Protection Web site.

Foreign Admission into the USA:
Q: What Does the Law Say?
A:
The legal foundation that requires the inspection of all persons arriving in the United States comes from the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), see INA § 235 [8 U.S.C.]. Rules published in the Federal Register explain the inspection requirements and process. These rules are incorporated into the Code of Federal Regulations [CFR] at 8 CFR § 235.

Q: What Can I Expect to Happen at a Port of Entry?
A:
[snip]
If you are an alien, the CBP Officer must determine why you are coming to the United States, what documents you may require, if you have those documents, and how long you should be allowed to initially stay in the United States.

CFR § 235:
(b) U.S. Citizens. A person claiming U.S. citizenship must establish that fact to the examining officer's satisfaction and must present a U.S. passport or alternative documentation as required by 22 CFR part 53. If such applicant for admission fails to satisfy the examining immigration officer that he or she is a U.S. citizen, he or she shall thereafter be inspected as an alien. A U.S. citizen must present a valid unexpired U.S. passport book upon entering the United States, unless he or she presents one of the following documents:

INA § 235:

(3) Inspection.-All aliens (including alien crewmen) who are applicants for admission or otherwise seeking admission or readmission to or transit through the United States shall be inspected by immigration officers.

(5) Statements.-An applicant for admission may be required to state under oath any information sought by an immigration officer regarding the purposes and intentions of the applicant in seeking admission to the United States, including the applicant's intended length of stay and whether the applicant intends to remain permanently or become a United States citizen, and whether the applicant is inadmissible.

Translation for the understanding impaired:

If you are a returning citizen, you must establish to the officers that you are in fact a US citizen or be treated as an alien.

If you are an alien, you must answer all questions as to the purpose, length of your stay, and your eligibility to enter US territory.

The idiot in the video was refusing to establish the reason for his visit to US territory (the officer is trying to gauge if he has any idea of the name of the mall he is going to and the names of stores in that mall to see if he is lying or is really going shopping); therefore he was breaking the law and sent to “Secondary” inspection. Hopefully they took the wind out of his cocky sails, and taught him an important lesson in respecting authority, manners, and decorum of being a guest in a foreign country.

END OF SUBJECT…

ALSO… CBP is not the same as internal US police officers, they actually have a lot more authority because when you are facing one, you are either not a US Citizen trying to access US territory, or you are a citizen that is outside US territory seeking to re-enter it.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by defcon5]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by reticlevision

Aw how cute I have a Fan.

I'm actually amazed i'm not on everyone's ignore list.

But hey since you like reading my post so much how about some more episodes of *drum Roll* #Why Did Izzy Get Sent To Secondary Inspection this time Folks#

I remember one time I spent 1 hour in a 15 minute line. it took me 45 minutes to get from about 100 car lengths to 5 cars from the booth where I spent 1 hour for the last 5 cars to get clear. I am not exaggerating.

When I got to the guard he just looked at me, probably because while wating for the last five cars to clear I had gotten out of my car sat on my hood and had a picnic eating my lunch, I even spread out a blanket on my hood while I ate.

While the officer just stood staring at me I politely asked him if he was "NEW to the job". the officer said "WHAT DID YOU SAY!!!" and I again politely responded "I asked if this was your first day with out a trainer.".

While his face was getting red I continued to explain that the reason for my inquiry was due to the fact that I was stuck in a 15 minute line for 1 hour while the rest of the Border guards preformed their deputies in a much more efficient and professional manner, leading me to the logical conclusion that this Officer was a total neophyte to the ins and outs of "The Border Paradigm".

The Officer took off his sun shades and directly asked me a question which was "Are you saying I can't do my JOB!!!
".

This being a direct question from a federal official i was obligated by law and penalty of imprisonment to respond truthfully and cautiously, so I said....

"In all honesty Officer your job entitles protecting America From Illegal immigration, terrorists and illegal drugs.

But it is to my understanding that children in America can find crack coc aine, at a competitive price, on virtually any street corner of the numerous condensed metropolitan cities of America.

America is crammed packed full of my illegal brethren and if you have not heard Terrorists Have knocked down three buildings with two planes in one of the worst national catastrophes known to the human race.

So I'd have to say that if YOU think your doing your job YOU are terribly mistaken. All I have seen you do is prevent Me a hard working honest citizen of your country from getting to work on time by making me breath an extra hour of carbon monoxide."

I was sent to secondary inspection....

Stay tuned for our next episode "Izzy refuses to sign a permission slip and go through the mysterious ZPortal!"

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Izarith]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Wow. I notice a lot of you guys think this guy was being a 'smart-ass'. Sooo... Where exactly did he do this? By stating "we don't know what stores we are going to"? Where and when did he act in a disrespectful manner?

Yes, you have to be perfectly polite and put up with these border guys. We all know that. In absolutely no way does that explain or rationalize the behaviour of the officers once they get inside. That is ridiculous on a whole other level. All they had to do was tell them to sit somewhere for a few minutes while they tossed their car. That's it. Instead they goaded the guy into raising his voice so they could all act like they were tripping up a terrorist.

Sickening stuff. I mean... Really, guys? REALLY?!

[edit on 8-5-2010 by KaiBosh]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
IF this recording is even real, which i have some suspicions about...
one being, why would anyone going through a border check have a recording device on... perhaps it was to protect his freedoms, perhaps it was for ulterior motives.. regardless... when you do get arrested under such circumstances, your person is usually summarily searched, and a recording device would have been found, and more likely than not listened to, and probably erased... of course that is assuming some intelligence on the agents part.
IF it is authentic.. that whole part about "what are ya gonna do shoot me?"... if it had been said with an intonation of fear of being shot, that's one thing, but the way I heard it, it sounded sorta confrontational... almost begging "arrest me! arrest me!" .. just cocky.. be cocky with law enforcement, they get a little miffed at you
abuse of authority, perhaps... but I think most that have any kind of experience working with the public in any fashion know it can be a very thankless job, be it a cop, the lady at the DMV or a convenience store clerk most could attest to common courtesy being a rarity at times....
so, IF it is real... one could take the view that the guy n his wife encountered a real dingus of a border agent... or one could take the view that the border agent encountered his 42nd "smart - alec" for the day and decided the driver had given him just enough reason to give him the "tour of the facility" in a way to vent some steam.
If you go looking for trouble, you're gonna find it

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

For those who still want to wear blinders and believe that these officers were not operating within the EXACT scope of their duties:

And for those who still want to be a Nazi enthusiasts and believe that these Officers were Operating within the EXSACT (what ever that means) scope of their duties:

We pledge to cordially greet and welcome you to the United States.
We pledge to treat you with courtesy, dignity, and respect.
We pledge to explain the CBP process to you.
We pledge to have a supervisor listen to your comments.
We pledge to accept and respond to your comments in written, verbal, or electronic form.
We pledge to provide reasonable assistance due to delay or disability.

CBP’s Pledge to Travelers

A pledge is an oath.

Well at least it a promise, not sure if it comes with a sacred witness.

Meaning of Pledge

There is confusion between oaths and other statements or promises. The current Olympic Oath, for instance, is really a pledge and not properly an oath since there is only a "promise" and no appeal to a sacred witness.

Oath

The pledge, pledged by the CBP was not employed at any point during the entire duration of the video.

The poor ideot who was locked up along with his wife over nothing were treated like Jews were in Germany during WW II during Nazi Rule.

END OF SUBJECT…

I am protected under the Mexican constitution and have full freedom of speech. You can not tell me what to do or when a subject has ended.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
man this world should have no borders, no countries, no divisions.. everybody should be one.. its mother earth which belongs to everybody born on earth.. and thats simply it..

as far as terrorists.. they are born because of hatred.. they are a direct consequence of other peoples hate.. if everybody is loving and kind, there wont be any terrorists!

[edit on 8-5-2010 by yellow.sapphirine]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Sorry...can't buy into that. Sure some are rotten...the vast majority protect us from the bad guys. It's called civilisation.

And HOW exactly did ' civilization' get by for all of recorded history WITHOUT cops? Cops are a very recent invention. For almost the entire history of earth, only the last 100 years or so have had cops as a special job.

People somehow managed to live, work, and prosper without someone who was there to exercise his ego all day and abuse the trust the people put in them.

By the way, you say that only a small few are bad cops, right? Well, how do you account for the FACT that virtually ALL cops are perjureres? In every courtroom across this land, cops are lying under oath....right this minute!! It is called ' testilying' and is commonplace, as shown by congressional testimony and every bit of evidence needed to assume that most ALL cops are LIARS, perjurers and worse.

It is NOT the rare cop that abuses rights and lies...it is the average cop....full of ego and power trips, they destroy rather than heal...for one, if the cops would promise they would never bother me, I would sign a document allowing them to never respond to me and never help me...I do not need them, never have, and never will.

Most people feel the same way, and that is because cops today and NOT there to help, but to get their arrest quota's filled and their ego's fluffed.

To hell with them all!!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
The border guard should be given a raise, promotion, and sent to the Southern border.....

He's guarding the wrong one.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.....an illegal is an illegal! Problem with Mexico is they come and take labor jobs. Problem with Canada is they come and take corporate jobs. (((sarcasm)))

On topic....who arrested them, US or Canadian law enforcement? Why didn't they just turn them away at the border? I didn't realize being a smart-ass was an arrestable offense.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

And HOW exactly did ' civilization' get by for all of recorded history WITHOUT cops?

They didn't.

Source
From 1066 (invasion and conquering of England by William Duke of Normandy) to the 1300s, police services were provided through the frankpledge system. Under this system, citizens were appointed with the responsibility of maintaining order and controlling crime.

[...]

In 1737, the first formal taxation system for the purpose of law enforcement was introduced. City councils were allowed to levy taxes to pay for a night watch system (Gaines et al.). Despite these efforts, crime continued to rise and the need for a different system of policing was evident.

They weren't always called police or paid for their work, but at least as far back as 1066 people were appointed to help maintain the peace. It wasn't just a free-for-all until the actual position of police officer was invented.

It is called ' testilying' and is commonplace, as shown by congressional testimony and every bit of evidence needed to assume that most ALL cops are LIARS, perjurers and worse.

How does testifying in open court under oath equate to all cops being liars? I don't see the connection.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join