It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: couple arrested at US border for asking questions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
The border guard should be given a raise, promotion, and sent to the Southern border.....

He's guarding the wrong one.

What and you honestly think he did not get a raise and promotion?

He was catapulted to the position Führer dude.

He will most definitely be butt raping Mexicans any day now, Mostly because he does not like screaming at people who can understand him so he asked for a Transfer to the Mexican Border.

I bet he can't wait to demand answers from little children nuzzled comfortably in their mothers breasts, so he can grab them by the hair and slam them on the floor for resisting arest.

And of course he will shoot the mother after she watched her 3 moth old child leaks his brains out on the cold hard floor. After all she would definitely be breaking the disorderly conduct law as she screams in total horror. Silly Mexicans.

It will be everything you always hope for.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Izarith]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
What gets me in this is how the Obama regime, as well as several regimes prior to it, turn a blind eye to illegal immigration across our southern border, and even supporting them with taxpayer money and giving them government jobs that could've been given to legal American citizens, while treating people trying to cross the borders legally get treated as potential terrorists.

Then when a southern border state tries to emulate the currently 'active' federal laws on illegal immigration to the 'T' because the federal government years ago stopped enforcing them, the federal government calls it illegal.

Does anyone else see anything wrong in this?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
OK, so the initial guard asked a stupid question..."Which store?". The interviewer sounded completely reasonable...my fellow Canuck went in with attitude which one does NOT take to the border. He shot off his mouth, and that's what you get.

Sorry...he got exactly what he was asking for. You don't # with the border guards. There's reasons for that. Sure, some guards are arses...but as a rule, I get treated just fine. And I'm a long haired git, at that.

self edit to say:You know, even the dumb question is part of the routine. You get asked questions that are meant to put you slightly off balance, and your reaction is noted. Smile, nod, yessir, no sir...Same on the Canadian side. And the simple fact of the matter is that you can be turned away just cuz...they don't need a reason.

I can't stress enough, the guy brought it on himself.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This reminds me of the ridiculousness my wife and I encountered while crossing into Buffalo. Get this - Married people have the same last name generally, right? He asks us our relationship to each other, to which I replied, 'married, husband and wife". I guess we look like terrorists as well, because he kept asking if we were brother and sister - I mean that's some keen powers of observation there, mister. All you need to do is open your damn eyes, and see there is no physical traits that would say siblings. He kept trying to trip us up, like we were lying to him. On more than one occasion while at the 5 -7 minute waste of time. We were eventually allowed to cross, but we were like, WTF?

And they give these guys pistols......... pfft.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

your comment is just plain ridiculous, OF COURSE they were being abusive ..... so what it boils down to is you need to be submission. the officer was asking ridiculous questions and because he was called on it and threatened his authority to ask stupid questions it went sour. sad state we live in when challenging stupidity gets you arrested.

"Yes they were abusing their power, but the guy was being a smart alec (always a bad idea when interacting with police or border patrol) and we don't know what he or his wife was doing during the "What are you gonna do shoot me? What are you gonna do?" part because we have no video to look at. Just his tone of voice while saying it makes it sound like he was challenging them. Again, always a bad idea in that situation. It shouldn't have escalated the way it did, but that's no excuse for him to be a wise ass. "

[edit on 6-5-2010 by svpwizard]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by defcon5

Another word to the wise....

Do not expect pity from people After you have been raped by Nazi America and it's Nazi Officers.

The Reason America Is a Nazi state Is because it is entirely full of Nazi minded people and will make Pro Nazi posts on any site Even ATS that some how justifies the complete destruction of a persons life because he is considered a Smartbutt which is the New Term for the New Nazi targets of this world.

It's not Jews anymore now it's Smartbutts.

And trust me Nazis Will kill you for being a smartbutt just like Nazis love to kill Jews.

You clearly are speaking from back side. I take GREAT offense to your blatant generalizing post. My country is not full of NAZI minded people. They were a couple of boarder control agents that clearly take their job and position to seriously. Way to go dude and generalize a nation of 300,000,000 people. Nation of NAZI's.
Give me a break!...we have a BLACK PRESIDENT! ...how the hell is that a nation run and citizens full of NAZI's!

[edit on 5/6/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

And how exactly did this guy being a smart ass help him in this situation? It caused an already tense situation to escalate and he and his wife got arrested for it. The initial border security agent was abusing his authority. I already agreed to that. That doesn't make it ok to be a smart ass and start yelling "What are you going to do?" like you don't believe they can do anything to you.

It's not a matter of being submissive and just rolling over and taking whatever they give you, nor did I advocate that. It's a matter of being polite when someone is being a jerk to you for no reason, and filing a formal complaint at the first opportunity. Let them screw up, keep your cool, and you don't go to jail. Piss them off when they're already abusing their power and it will just get worse. No one who abuses their power has ever backed down and said "Oh, sorry about that. You're right." when challenged.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

You clearly are speaking from back side. I take GREAT offense to your blatant generalizing post.

Excellent.

My country is not full of NAZI minded people.

Well aside from a few free thinking, genuinely good hearted, intelligent, common sense using people like MuzzleBlast it is.

The rest are either very stupid, the way useless domesticated dogs are or they are Nazis.

But that's just my opinion, and I'm dumb right?

They were a couple of boarder control agents that clearly take their job and position to seriously.

Dude I just look up Nazi on wiki online dictionary and what you just said ...is...the definition of a Nazi.

Educate yourself and read a pop-up book.

Way to go dude and generalize a nation of 300,000,000 people.

*Izzy accepts his award for best generalization of 300,000,000 people in America as totally freaking Nazis*

I'd like to thank all the disgusting Nazi minded people of America for helping me win this award, my producer Henry Goldman, my mother but above all God. With out you all I'd be a nobody.

Nation of NAZI's.

Yeppers, that's what I said.

Give me a break!...we have a BLACK PRESIDENT!

Obama is not Black, he is an African born from a white mother. And before you go jumping for joy I suggest you take a look at how great African leaders usually run counties in Africa. Not a pretty sight.

how the hell is that a nation run and citizens full of NAZI's!

Well the nation itself is falling apart, so I would not use the word run per-say...

How the hell does a country have black slaves for so long only to later hang the free ones from trees until they developed civil rights branding black people as second class citizens

A Nazi state not not that far off of the tree, you NASA has employed many Nazi as it is.

This building was built by Many Nazi over at NAB. coinsidence?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I am a canadian, and I agree with the boarder guards. If you give them any type of attitude that is exactly what you get. Been in that position a few times. Its best just to answer them directly with proper answers and look them right in the eye when your talking to them. The same goes when coming in Canada our boarder agents can be just as bad.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hashman

Well Hashman,

I'm a North Korean and over here that guy and his wife would have been tortured along with their family up to the third generation.

Over here in North Korea it's customary to pee your pants if a guard looks at you, the guy in this video clearly did not pee his pants until it was too late.

Only getting sent to jail for slightly moving away from a guard when he tries to man Handel you will not teach that man and his wife how to cower in absolute fear when a guard looks at you funny.

I'd say the guy and his wife got of super easy, I mean the gull of these people thinking they were human and were entering a free country where human life is respected. What an ideot.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Federal inspection zones unfortunately are just about as nazi as it gets... you cant say "Im not going to obey orders if I don't understand the reason for them" without the gestapo readying the truncheons.

This was an AVI incident (a hole Vs Idiot).. that Federal meter maid sits around in a box all day pissed-off, feeling small, ego bruised he cant pass the psychological test for a real police dept.. and this poor canuck sported a wee bit of authority challenging attitude.. both could have played it better, although the so called "cop" should be the one to not freak out and set a calm cool professional example..

But no frik'n way is officer psyche failure taking that crap, no sir ree Bob.. he's on homeland defense! and this dangerous punk and his wife are going down!! so America can sleep safe tonight.

If I was going to try and pull some stuff at the border, I might just send a few mal-attitudinal compadres ahead to urinate on the cop-in-a-box as a distraction.. they seem easy to fluster.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is heartbreaking. People need to start getting together, and put a stop to all this madness.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Obama is not Black, he is an African born from a white mother. And before you go jumping for joy I suggest you take a look at how great African leaders usually run counties in Africa. Not a pretty sight.

Wow... Did you really just infer that Obama being literally half African is the sole reason he shouldn't be running the country? Please, tell me I misunderstood you there and you really did not go from comparing the US and Nazi Germany to making a racist comment about Obama based on half his DNA.

I am literally speechless here...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
This reminds me of the ridiculousness my wife and I encountered while crossing into Buffalo. Get this - Married people have the same last name generally, right? He asks us our relationship to each other, to which I replied, 'married, husband and wife".

This reminds me of an experience at the US customs in the airport. Not about being siblings as we're obviously an interracial couple, but the customs dude sitting behind the glass demanded to know WHY I haven't changed my last name if we were married. I explained it was our honeymoon. After the 5th questioning re our marriage, I started getting a bit sarcastic with my answer but as I just wanted to get out of there, I stayed mum after that.

After the questioning, I literally received a 3-4 minute lecture that I need to change my last name ASAP when we get home. You have no idea how hard I had to try to not roll my eyes or tell him about cultural differences. Or how we're in the 21st century.

The bad part is he was the ONLY custom worker at the time, and there was a huge line up. I'm a 5' tall Asian woman who sometimes can't even pull a door open properly, I'm not sure how he thought I might be a threat to his country on a layover and how my marital status would make a difference.

But back on topic, with any customs or border patrol, you need to stay serious and answer honestly. If this happened in China, the guy would've been taken to a back room and dealt with privately. He shouldn't have mouthed off, but I want to say that asking which specific stores they're going to is not the norm. Normal questions are: "where are you going, how long are you staying, what's the purpose?" maybe which hotel you're staying at, since you'd need to book ahead of time.

But which stores?! Heck, I don't even know which stores I'm going to when I shop locally.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by ATSdelurker]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Yes they were abusing their power, but the guy was being a smart alec (always a bad idea when interacting with police or border patrol) and we don't know what he or his wife was doing during the "What are you gonna do shoot me? What are you gonna do?" part because we have no video to look at. Just his tone of voice while saying it makes it sound like he was challenging them. Again, always a bad idea in that situation. It shouldn't have escalated the way it did, but that's no excuse for him to be a wise ass.

We're fallible human beings. We deal with stress, life, etc.

When someone is being held against their will for something that is obvious BS (not being biased on this one), how hard is it to NOT let your feelings slip through?

I don't even think this guy was that bad.

But the cops love their warped law how if you just PULL YOUR ARM AWAY, it's construed as assault. Construed as assault just for spite, in THESE CASES.

Anyone know the outcome of this?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Double post...ooops!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by CaptGizmo

My country is not full of NAZI minded people.

Well aside from a few free thinking, genuinely good hearted, intelligent, common sense using people like MuzzleBlast it is. The rest are either very stupid, the way useless domesticated dogs are or they are Nazis.
But that's just my opinion, and I'm dumb right?

Well, all this Bravo Sierra you are spouting about the Americans being Nazis merely underscores how little you know about either.

Border guards are not to be trifled with anywhere. The Canuck was asking for it.

Do sweeping generalizations about a nations' people make you dumb? I'll leave that for another thread.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
We're fallible human beings. We deal with stress, life, etc.

When someone is being held against their will for something that is obvious BS (not being biased on this one), how hard is it to NOT let your feelings slip through?

I don't even think this guy was that bad.

But the cops love their warped law how if you just PULL YOUR ARM AWAY, it's construed as assault. Construed as assault just for spite, in THESE CASES.

Anyone know the outcome of this?

Yes we're all fallible, no argument from me there. Nor do I doubt that keeping your cool when you're being hassled over what specific store you're going to can be a difficult thing to do. This whole thing is just one big mess that never should have gotten to the point it did. A border patrol guy abusing his authority doesn't excuse the behavior of this guy though. The second border patrol guy initially sounded reasonable until the Canadian guy started raising his voice.

Like I pointed out in my first post, we don't have any video to look at here. We know he yanked his arm away because it's commented on in the audio. What else was going on though? Did he give off the physical impression when he yanked his arm away that he was going to strike one of the border patrol guys? Why was his wife grabbing one of them? Where did she grab them for that matter? Did the one she grab have a firearm on him that he could have thought she was going for when she grabbed hold of him? Why were the border patrol guys trying to restrain them to begin with? There's no video, so we simply don't know. We don't have all the facts here.

The whole thing is one big series of misunderstandings after the initial border patrol guy tried to abuse his authority if you ask me. Both sides screwed up. Doesn't excuse a border patrol agent abusing their authority. But it doesn't make the Canadian guy completely in the right either.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
OK, so the initial guard asked a stupid question..."Which store?". The interviewer sounded completely reasonable...
I can't stress enough, the guy brought it on himself.

Actually, this is very typical of the eastern border. Having crossed from Detroit into Windsor and back again, each trip was extremely tense for no real reason.

Now as I live on the West (Best) coast

Trips to the Nazi regime are for more tolerable. You can banter with the border patrol, they DO treat you as human and didn't seem to be on gigantic ego trips all of the times I've crossed.

Alot of times, Ontario is as bad as the Nazi regime itself.
It shouldn't be a crime to be human, but it's sure getting that way. Plus, for the record, if you are asked "What stores" and you answer blah an blah an blah... you risk the response that you are lying as you might shop elsewhere.
Just saying

..Ex

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed
Plus, for the record, if you are asked "What stores" and you answer blah an blah an blah... you risk the response that you are lying as you might shop elsewhere.
Just saying
..Ex

Understand...it's not what you respond, it's how you respond. People who are running the border for any nefarious reason have a script. A question like that, unexpected, puts you off that script. You are gauged by your reaction. Obviously getting in anybody's face is not the best one.

I had a similar 'dumb question' asked of me by Canadian customs, coming in from Cuba...confusion was obviously the right response. And as much as one may bristle under authoritarian gaze...it ain't Nazi Germany. Not by a long shot.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join