It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: couple arrested at US border for asking questions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Understand...it's not what you respond, it's how you respond.

I had a similar 'dumb question' asked of me by Canadian customs, coming in from Cuba...confusion was obviously the right response. And as much as one may bristle under authoritarian gaze...it ain't Nazi Germany. Not by a long shot.

Well, I agree that some of the dumb questions are intended to cause a "gut" reaction, thus a truthful reaction, with each day the USA is turning into Amerika.

When I compare the USSA to Germany, it's because during the transitional stage, no one really noticed. A select group of people were being oppressed, and as long as you weren't them it just didn't affect you the same way.

The parallel is the fear. In WW2 Germany, it was the fear of the Jew. In 2010 Amerika it's the fear of the "terrorist". Except I think that the Jew was easier to point out in a crowd. History is doomed to repeat itself I think. Perhaps not as overtly, but it's sure looking that way.

..Ex

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I used to go across the Canadian border in my car. I always got asked questions like this. And they always threw in a couple that I could not "pre-plan for". I believe it is intentional, because people who have something to hide lock up and really demonstrate that nervousness when being thrown an unexpected question (I did, and I was innocent, LOL!).

It really should not require anything more than being older than about age 15 to know that when you talk to *anybody* in a position of authority who has to deal with people's stubborn recalcitrant bad attitude crap all day, that you should BE POLITE TO THEM. It is not a lot to ask. They are providing a public service and they are just doing their job.

If you are hostile and rude to border patrol, to police officers, to just about anybody in that situation, they are going to be MORE hostile in return, yes even abusive if it gets pushed, and it seldom ends well. No, that does not excuse abusive behavior, but it also gives me NO sympathy for bozos who bring this crap on themselves, either.

WHY this should have to be argument is stupid, what is the psychological immaturity with people that this isn't a no-brainer to start with? People with some serious "issues with authority" have to act like hostile juveniles under even the most mundane of situations.

So, you talk to someone who is in a uniform with a gun and has authority and you act like an ass to them, probably at BEST you may not get where you're going or you may get a ticket, at worse you may get to cool your heels overnight in jail. I do not consider this an issue of a fascist government, I consider this an issue of human nature that is likely in place in almost every culture.

RC

P.S. Edited to add: fear is a personal psychological issue. People are not imprisoned for shopping. It is hardly the fault of border patrol if innocent people are so high strung paranoid that they "feel fear" about going shopping. Nobody is going to get arrested who is acting like a reasonable human being. If you aren't reasonable, well maybe. Sounds to me like something any adult should have no problem with.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by RedCairo]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Wow... Did you really just infer that Obama being literally half African is the sole reason he shouldn't be running the country?

Obama is not Half African, he is all African Kenyan, to be precise.

My father is A white American from Boston, I was born from a Mexican Vagina strait onto Mexican Dirt. This does not make me half Mexican, it makes me ALL Mexican because this is where I was born.

Despite having American Citizenship, I can not be president of the USA. And if for some reason i did somehow become your president I would definitely run The USA a bit more like Mexico because that is what I am, A MEXICAN.

Please, tell me I misunderstood you there and you really did not go from comparing the US and Nazi Germany to making a racist comment about Obama based on half his DNA.

If you think me saying that a white man born in a foreign country might not be the best choice as President of the USA because he might run the country a bit like the country he is From is racist I'd say you need to stop being so racist....

And whats whit you Cutting up DNA into fractions? Dude that's totally racist! Can't you just look at a persons for what they and where they are from?

Free your mind, don't be so shallow, be color blind and the rest will follow.

I am literally speechless here...

Oh dear!

Does this mean your going to be typing more?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
Obama is not Half African, he is all African Kenyan, to be precise.

Is this the part where I remind you that you were the one calling him African? Or is it the part where I remind you his mother was American?

My father is A white American from Boston, I was born from a Mexican Vagina strait onto Mexican Dirt. This does not make me half Mexican, it makes me ALL Mexican because this is where I was born.

Genetically speaking, it makes you half Caucasian and half Hispanic (or Mexican if you prefer, though that's not really considered a race). Place of birth and DNA are not the same thing.

Despite having American Citizenship, I can not be president of the USA. And if for some reason i did somehow become your president I would definitely run The USA a bit more like Mexico because that is what I am, A MEXICAN.

This is the part where I'm thankful you can't become president here.

If you think me saying that a white man born in a foreign country might not be the best choice as President of the USA because he might run the country a bit like the country he is From is racist I'd say you need to stop being so racist....

Obama is half white and half black if you want to get technical about it. And yes your comment was racist.

And whats whit you Cutting up DNA into fractions? Dude that's totally racist! Can't you just look at a persons for what they and where they are from?

Do you understand where DNA comes from? Do you understand how it works? Do you have a habit of making ridiculous comments just to get a rise from people? Should we just pull out the "Troll" stamp now?

Does this mean your going to be typing more?

Yep, unfortunately it does.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
As I agree asking what stores your going too is stupid, there ARE reasons behind some questions. Outside of that, the only thing I found interesting was the guy says, DO I LOOK LIKE A TERRORIST? or DO I LOOK LIKE A CRIMINAL? Well, how easy my job would be if all criminals DID have a certain look...
, but unfortunatly criminals come in ALL sizes, sexes, colors, personalities, professions, etc....

I am in law enforcement and WOULDN'T care if I am searched por questioned ENTERING ANOTHER COUNTRY! Your not just going into a new part of town or crossing state lines here...you should expect that this COULD happen (questioning, searches, etc) entering another country.

Again some questions asked are stupid, and some questions asked that make you shake your head are done for a reason...its called interdiction and DOES work. Just think, if last year around this time I had believed the guy I stopped for no tail lights, who said he was NOT a criminal, I would of never found the $6000 worth of stolen items in his trunk...but he did SWEAR to me he never did anything wrong and said "DO I LOOK LIKE A CRIMINAL" before giving me consent to search. I might add his face was priceless upon opening the trunk....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Retarded.

'bout it.

Glad to see when the officer gets chop blocked from his job.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
One of the problems of having such an open border is that people treat crossing by car as routine. They forget that you can be denied entry to the country for any reason the authorities feel is necessary.

I'm sure this guy in the video wouldn't have pulled that attitude with immigration at an airport.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Is this the part where I remind you that you were the one calling him African? Or is it the part where I remind you his mother was American?

African, Mexican, Nazi American is not a mater of race or who your parent are.

It's a matter of where you are born, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with genetics or DNA.

Genetically speaking, it makes you half Caucasian and half Hispanic (or Mexican if you prefer, though that's not really considered a race). Place of birth and DNA are not the same thing.

Yes correct place of birth and DNA are most certainly two different things. That's what I've been trying to tell you but you keep making this a race thing.

It does not matter who may parents are or what color my skin is, i'm a Mexican.

This is the part where I'm thankful you can't become president here.

That's great.

But there are many people in Nazi America who are not to happy that their country is being run by an White African who has a bunch of Special interest groups who's only agenda is the furthering of the Nazi mentality of America until it's common place to slaughter people as if they were dogs Leaders do in Darfur.

Personally I think America should give a Back American a chance at the presidency, I think Denzel Washington or the black guy from Predator 2 would be excellent choices.

Obama is half white and half black if you want to get technical about it. And yes your comment was racist.

You are the most racist person I have ever met in my life. All you think about it cutting peoples genetic code up as if we were all breed animals on a showcase.

I don't care what genetic code Obama or the rest of the people on this earth are. You are from where you are from. Obama is from Africa so he is an African.

Do you understand where DNA comes from?

Sperm and Ova? God? the universe?

Where does DNA come from? If you don't mind me asking that is.

Do you understand how it works?

I know enough about it to know that each and every person who has not been cloned is absolutely unique and is an individual. It's blueprint for everything in this life.

After you continually cutting me up genetically as if I was a lab rat, you should expect me to pick up a few things.

Do you have a habit of making ridiculous comments just to get a rise from people?

I do not make ridiculous comments just to get a rise out of people, I do it to make you think, to make you reevaluate the world that you live in and the world you are in. I'm trying to get you to think like a human being.

Should we just pull out the "Troll" stamp now?

You can stamp me with what ever you want, that's what I am here for. I'm here for you to hunt me...because I can take it......because i'm not a hero....I'm a silent guardian.....a watchful protector....A Dark Knight......

Youtube...

Just don't tell anyone who I am...

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Izarith]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Sure. I'm done feeding the trolls. This isn't the thread for this discussion. If you want to continue it, start a new one.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I can't believe some of ya have a problem with what happened here.

The guy got mouthy at a point of entry to another country. He wasn't going to the bar or a grocery store or something;he was leaving his country and entering another.

His own stupidity and hubris got him arrested.

So what if he got asked stupid questions? There was a reason for it. Answer them politely and be on your way. Whats so hard about that?

If you are going into someone else house, you don't bitch when they ask you to remove your shoes first, ya take off your shoes.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

So what if he got asked stupid questions? There was a reason for it. Answer them politely and be on your way. Whats so hard about that?

It is very hard, I do it on a daily bases. You have no idea what it is like to be held ransom until you answer a foolish question.

You don't know what it is like to know you are going to be late for work because you could not hold the shock from your face when you are asked "Who are you from?" or "what street address in Mexico do you live on?" or "Why do you live in Mexico" and then get sent to secondary when you answer correctly to the best of your knowledge....

"I am from my mother.",

"I don't know the street address as there are no signs on the dirt road I live on but it's next to a ice cream store and a Pemex gas station.",

"I live in Mexico because I would not live in the USA if you tortured me and raped my Wife in front of my eyes because I utterly despise The US and just want to suck your country dry for every penny I can as it is my right to do so as an American citizen. That and I'd be homeless if I lived in the USA."

By law I am obligated to answer that because it is the truth. I am not a criminal, I am not a terrorist, I am a hard working, honest Man that does not like to be treated as an animal.

If you are going into someone else house, you don't bitch when they ask you to remove your shoes first, ya take off your shoes.

Is that how you treat your guests? You tell them to take off their shoes, then their socks, then you ask them useless questions like "why have you not cut your toenails?" then when they give you the impression that your being ridiculous you throw them in your basement with out the ability to go back to their home?

You need to learn some hospitality if your going to equate this video to how guests should be treated or the boundaries of the outrage they are entitled to show in return to such treatment.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Interesting...you bitch about the US Border procedures, tell us America sucks, yet EVERYDAY or almost daily you drive FROM mexico, to where??????????? oh yeah the UNITED STATES....why is that? Sorry but only an idiot keeps going back to a place he completly can't stand.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Tell me about it.

I am seriously the dumbest price of crap on god green earth. If only I had gotten an education like the rest of my brothers I would not be dependant on the extra worth the US dollar has in Mexico.

No argument here officer.

But until I start getting a little Smarter we are just going to have to live with each other. But the only problem is that i am most definitely an American Citizen so it is my duty to make sure that Servants like you are not let too loose of your leashes.

It is my responsibility, my duty beyond my right to make sure you understand that you are here to protect me and the rest of the citizens in Nazi America.

You must understand that you are not here to kill, maim or rape innocent people do to bad Intel or because your tired of breathing carbon monoxide in a border both. You are here to protect and serve ME your sole purpose in life is to facilitate mine, to make MY life better, to protect My God given Right to suck Nazi America Dry and take it for every penny it's worth.

Remember that please.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I cannot believe the crap that I am reading in this thread!

First off boarder patrol has been doing this stuff for as long as I can remember, going back into the 1970’s. It has nothing to do with homeland security, the Patriot Act, or even terrorism. Most of what the boarder patrol deals with is smuggling, human trafficking, and illegal immigration issues.

Secondly, let me try and explain this AGAIN. They have ALWAYS had to ask these types of questions, they are standard, and go along the lines of:

1) What are you coming into the country for…
2) What do you plan on doing while here…
3) Do you plan on making any major purchases…
4) How long do you intend to stay…
5) Do you have anything to declare… (items that are being brought across the boarder after purchase in another country that may be quarantined, not legal to transport, or taxable)

I held a customs clearance when I worked for the airlines, I could walk through foreign territory (Foreign aircraft that have not been cleared by customs are considered foreign territory of their home country) or customs areas unchallenged, but even I would never push the buttons of a US Customs agent to the level that this moron did. He deserved to get arrested!

As JohnnyCanuck stated: “Border guards are not to be trifled with anywhere.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

I am not going to say anything about your education or lack of common sense....I will simply leave your posts to speak for you and tell you that you may not like what you have to go through daily coming over here, but until you buy a house in the country you hate, or stop working in the country you compare to nazi germany....I really am tired of hearing you whine.

So as you relate to this thread....have fun with the US Border patrol...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I am not going to say anything about your education or lack of common sense....I will simply leave your posts to speak for you and tell you that you may not like what you have to go through daily coming over here, but until you buy a house in the country you hate, or stop working in the country you compare to nazi germany....

Well thank you Officer, it's very kind of you not to belittle my intelligence and lack of common sense.

I can only return the favor by not directly commenting on my total disgust and outrage in Nazi US law enforcement's lack of standards and moral decency. Well at last not in this post to you. If you read my other posts you will see how generous this token of gratitude is from me.

I really am tired of hearing you whine.

I'm so very tired of it to Officer. But this is the price I pay for being an American citizen. We would not want you law enforcement guys with free reign now would we, my duty is my duty. Regretfully I might add.

So as you relate to this thread....have fun with the US Border patrol...

I don't have fun with people's lives Officer, I'm just a working stiff trying as hard as he can to be on his way and be left to his own.

As the Nazi US border Officers continually say to me, "You chose to live in Mexico"...

Damn right I do.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
While the "border patrol" was "conducting" his "investigation", probably 100 illegals snuck into the USA. The stupidity of this makes me sick.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by Jenna

African, Mexican, Nazi American is not a mater of race or who your parent are.

It's a matter of where you are born, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with genetics or DNA.

Not true. Both my Son and Daughter were born in the Netherlands to British parents. My children have never lived in the UK and only go back 3 to 4 times a year to see family but they are both British. Not Dutch. They are both British citizens.

EDIT: On topic, this guy was obviously being a smart alec and should have just answered the questions and h would be on his merry way to the mall, but no..he had to be difficult. He also spoke to his wife like she was a piece of sh*t.

It's his own fault.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I would say its not the fact this all went bad its in my opinion the UNPROFESSIONAL way in which it was done, people are people and don't always react to stress or situations in the best manner, therefore I think that any LEO included border agents need to have the best manner and training to deal with the situations they are placed in and with PEOPLE since it is 100% of their job, dealing with people that is.

Stupid questions I agree are to get a person off there script. for example I was stopped in Georgia one time and the guy went through the normal questions, "do you have any knives, guns illegal drugs ..... hand grenades??" like WTF but since I was fresh out of the items I could say with a laugh .... Nope.

anyway the problem as I see it is these guys are no better trained than mall cops!!

edit to add that whenever crossing a border you are in fact in NO MANS LAND, all the general niceties do not apply!!

[edit on 7-5-2010 by svpwizard]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

I don't understand...

If they were born in the Netherlands why are they not Dutch?

Are they not citizens of the Netherlands?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join