It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpopulation is a Myth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Oh I LOVE it. I like that comment where the sheep says "how do you know the population will subside? stop speculating. what do u have a crystal ball?" (That's not a direct quote BTW) It made me thing wtf are you doing???? It is SOOOO funny how these braiwashes morons get so mad when all most of them did is read a thread.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If you look at DEM's threads, it's clear that he believes very that several million people should die. There's no point in arguing with someone's most entrenched beliefs.

Maybe he's right that the future is people crawling over each other for a drop of water all across the world. However whatever beliefs I've had about how the world should be, I've never believed that I'm right strongly enough to say that I know better than millions of people, and that those millions of people should be killed.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by scwizard]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by godless

Your scenario would only be accurate is each child was indeed able to have children, if each child survived long enough to have children, if they wanted to have children, and if every human on the planet had children.

Non of these are guaranteed and there are enough dangers in the world to ensure some of these ties are cut off leaving the world only plus a few, or even minus some. There are many factors that would go into an equation to figure out the rate that the human race is expanding.

It seems that most people only see the addition side to this mathematical equation and not the subtraction, and the variables that could result in a negative answer. If people never died, and everyone had two children, then yes, you would be correct, but that really isn't the reality of the situation.

~Santh

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The video says "the population will peak in 30 years."

From my experience with the markets, if you say "this graph is inflecting downward, it will peak at this time" you're setting yourself up to look like a fool.

What is correct, is that if birth rates continue to decline at their historical average over the past arbitrary number of years, then the population will peak in 30 years.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinveezy

Oh I LOVE it. I like that comment where the sheep says "how do you know the population will subside? stop speculating. what do u have a crystal ball?" (That's not a direct quote BTW) It made me thing wtf are you doing???? It is SOOOO funny how these braiwashes morons get so mad when all most of them did is read a thread.

Yeah, that's not a direct quote, and what did you think I was doing? It's called questioning a stupid clip. So people are "brainwashes morons" for noticing that in reality overpopulation is a huge problem? too funny.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark_price
One of those videos said the population would peak in thirty years and then starts to go back down. What is that based on? The last words in that clip are, "Do the math" so there must be some to back that up? Sounds more like prophesy than math.

Where is overpopulation a huge problem? Give me a location.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by scwizard

One of those videos said the population would peak in thirty years and then starts to go back down. What is that based on? The last words in that clip are, "Do the math" so there must be some to back that up? Sounds more like prophesy than math.

Earth.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by scwizard

Earth.

So assuming that everyplace on earth isn't equally overpopulated, there is a place that could be considered the most overpopulated. What is that place?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Urban sprawl eating up the land is a direct effect of overpopulation, wherever it may be. Overpopulation-pollution is also a bad factor. Unless you are in one of the last pristine and protected locations on earth, just look around.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
What do you have against urban areas?

I grew up in New York City and I quite liked it there.

If New York City was a forest instead, how would that be better?

Saying that urban areas shouldn't exist is a radical position to take.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by scwizard]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Urban sprawl eating up the land is a direct effect of overpopulation, wherever it may be. Overpopulation-pollution is also a bad factor. Unless you are in one of the last pristine and protected locations on earth, just look around.

I don't know about where you are but, where I live, the grass is still green, the sky is still blue, the birds chirp in spring and the biggest problem with the people living here is that they seem to keep getting fatter.

Doesn't look like an overpopulation problem to me.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Some people like cities; I grew up in one. The urban sprawl around the cities is more about overpopulation than the people the city can actually accommodate. The people that don't fit commute...then somone could say, "But I like the commute." Fine, but when the commute is overpopulated you can sit there in traffic and listen to CD's ideling in pollution. Bumper to bumper traffic does not seem overpopulated to you?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mark_price

wow did you not read what I wrote? You are trying to say I am looking into a crystal ball because I am using a scientific prediction but when you make the perdition that the world will end it is Okay. That is all i said moron.

"It's called questioning a stupid clip."
I like how you people use the UN numbers for everything that helps you but you do not look at all the UN data. Mainly the part that says we will even out and decline. Oh you would not know that because that requires research.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by scwizard

In some places over population is becoming an issue but it is not an international issue. The 3rd world is becoming overpopulated because poor people for some reason have a lot more kids. the 1st world nations do not have a lot of kids. Over all earth is okay.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

stop dodging the man's question. give a place. seriously.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by scwizard

well that is how these sheep work. They do not think. If they did more research they would know that if more places where like NY then their would be less people. These morons do not do research. If they did they would know all we would to do is help lift the 3rd world up because when a 3rd world nation starts becoming a 2nd and 1st world nation they population goes way down.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinveezy

wow did you not read what I wrote? You are trying to say I am looking into a crystal ball because I am using a scientific prediction but when you make the perdition that the world will end it is Okay. That is all i said moron.

"It's called questioning a stupid clip."
I like how you people use the UN numbers for everything that helps you but you do not look at all the UN data. Mainly the part that says we will even out and decline. Oh you would not know that because that requires research.

"That is all I said moron." Fantastic, but that has nothing to do with what I said. The world wont end; it will continue to suffer until it shakes us off its back or we destroy ourselves, or overpopulation gets in check.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Empty Playgrounds: Global Populations in Decline

Wow, it's like deja-vu all over again.

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Whilst I normally would question the evidence of any organization which declares itself to be a:

... growing, global network of pro-life groups spans over 30 countries.

There is some evidence to suggest that the global population expansion is a myth ... though there is no doubt in my mind that the earth is reaching critical mass as to how many folks it can sustain, especially in concentrated local areas.

Empty Playgrounds: Global Populations in Decline

[edit on 5/5/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

lol, well when I sees a overpopulation thread I try to remember to contribute that article ... I found it very educational, one that provides a quantified and different perspective. Not all folks read the same threads so I don't see much harm in reposting it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join