It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Senator Wants to Imprison Gun Owners

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Illinois gun laws are already a travesty. They don't need to make them worse to make them worth shouting about. I've simply stopped caring about the fools in their voting public who let it happen.

Someday - I believe within my lifetime - we will lose our right to bear arms in this country. Some of us may fight it politically, some might fight it violently, some might roll over and take it but rest assured, this right along with all the others in the Constitution are circling the drain.

That's the real reason not to shout about it anymore... we'll lose our voices and accomplish nothing. I honestly believe there is no hope for this country anymore. Every time something good starts to happen, the pieces of crap in the media label it "crazy" and all of the stupid, brainwashed, gullible idiots in this country laugh it out of commission. Sadly, that's about 90% of the morons here.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I am not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but i think the article you sited says that CARRYING a gun not owning a gun would be illegal without the FOID card thing. If i am correct in understanding this then you would need a permit to CARRY the gun in public. I live in texas and a liscence is required to carry a concealed handgun. Now i am not sure if they are refering to concealed or not but if this is what they mean then i see nothing wrong with that. I may be misunderstanding the article but it seems to me they arent outlawing the ownership of a gun.

So whats the problem again?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

I posted links to the bill and the law it's changing at the bottom of the first page. The bill was written to change the criminal law when it comes to crimes committed while carrying a firearm, not just carrying a gun as claimed in the thread title and OP.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I swear, it seems as if they are trying to make the average law obiding citizen who minds his/her own buisness on a daily basis, a criminal.

How do people get the balls to try and bring this on the people?
LEAVE THE GUN LAWS ALONE.

Pretty soon the people will/should make it a law to arrest anyone trying to take the rights away from any (responsible)gun owner.

Edit.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Common Good]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by fizzy1

I posted links to the bill and the law it's changing at the bottom of the first page. The bill was written to change the criminal law when it comes to crimes committed while carrying a firearm, not just carrying a gun as claimed in the thread title and OP.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

Eh, I've gotten angry U2U's over a lot of posts I've made. I just delete them without responding if they don't contain anything but anger and insults. I've been here long enough it doesn't really phase me anymore to get attacked for saying something.

I like laws. Laws are easy. It's panic without research and jumping to conclusions that confuse me.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
So anti-american I think people should be able to bare arms if they want..

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mack37

Where in the original artical does it say anything about "Ban all the firearms"?

Where does it mention taking away anyones guns?

If you have the appropriate paper work, no problem.

I don't know about the whole rest of the state, but in Cook County, which includes Chicago and several surrounding suburbs they have already banned all guns except shotguns, and those can only be kept in your home either unassembled, or with a trigger lock.

You're right, but then again they don't have to worry about taking away guns that are already banned do they.

Problem is that even without this new law you can't get the proper paper work here in Chicago. They will not register any handguns and it's already illegal to have them here if they aren't registered, they also will not issue permits to carry, so it's pretty much all already covered.

This latest thing is just a backup in case the supreme court rules in our favor.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY READ ANY MORE???

Why is it so common to see threads on this site created with titles and discussions having NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTUAL SUBSTANCE OF THE ARTICLES PROVIDED??!

The article CLEARLY states NOTHING to support the OP's PARANOID views to which the title and discussion of the thread clearly express. To make it worst, we then have NUMEROUS follow-up replies indicating that that the REPLIERS jump on the PARANOID band-wagon before ACTUALLY READING THE ARTICLE!!

UNBELIEVABLE!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
LETS JUST CUT TO THE FRIGGIN CHASE HERE! The only reason politicians wish to ban/ restrict/ register firearms is to protect THEM, not the poor citizens.

They allow the citizens to be abused everyday by the criminal element and the lawyers that make their living getting them back onto the streets to continue the process. Nothing else as a reason makes sense! Safety does not enter into the debate!

Zindo

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

S&F your post.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You need to read between the lines. They want to make posessing a firearm illegal unless you have a permit. Then they will make the permits impossible to obtain. So they can say that their law dosen't violate the Second Amendment, but , in effect it is a ban just the same.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
STOP CRYING! AHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHA!

google the crime in illinois its the worst nation wide. I think that if your a gun owner and you dont have a permit then you should go to jail. whats wrong with this law.

it seem when ever someone is trying to do good there is always someone who is against it. it doesnt matter what anyone does, someone will be aginst it.

this law is for the gangbangers and crime that is infecting that state. if your not living there and you dont have a gun dont worry about it. if you own a gun get a dam permit.

i wish that was the rule in every state.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's fairly obvious (At least to intelligent people:@@
that Chitcago's gun laws haven't worked. As it stands now, guns are illegal in Chitcago - that is why all of the criminals have them and no honest citizens. That is also why gun violence is so high, the criminal never have to worry about their victim being armed and shooting back. That is also why they are begging for the National Guard to come in and help - bacuase they need a few honest guys with guns to subdue the criminals. This is why I have a personal lifetime boycott of Chitcago!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

This is insanely dumb, I agree with your 2nd post - people deserve to have weapons for defense. We all know that guns do not kill people, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!

For example, let's go back to the stone age, when there was no weapons of any sort other than logs and rocks. How do you think people killed one another back then? WITH LOGS AND ROCKS!

Unfortunately through out the history of man we have always had the ability to kill one another, and it will always be there until we evolve into a more peaceful species, but I wouldn't hold my breath unfortunately waiting for that to happen.

I am very pro-gun. I've been shooting since I was about 6-7 years old, and guess what? I've learned gun safety growing up, how to properly use a weapon in self defense, how to handle my gun(s) (clean them/take them apart), and at the top of list I've learned how to aim and hit my target. Why should I not be allowed to have a gun for protection?

I do think that it would be good (not mandatory however) if they offered free instructor classes on proper gun use. In some places you may find a free class, but most are couple $100 bucks for a few lessons, and it's a class, not individual attention. If they really want to stop some of the mishaps with guns, then they should offer people the chance to go to a FREE range, with instructors there to help teach proper use of weapons for FREE.

I know I will follow my fathers footsteps and teach my children at a young age the proper way to use/handle a weapon. If you teach young, you can instill in the child how sincere you are about safety. Safety is my #1 concern when shooting, as it should be for everyone.

When I'm at the range we all look out for one another, regardless if we know each other. That's just how it works. And guess what? There have been 0 (ZERO!) accidents at my gun club & at my indoor range I go to.

Proper handling of weapons = less mishaps. Simple as that. Banning weapons will just mean uprising eventually if this spreads through the country (which it never will, and if it does then martial law will be in place more than likely).

I hope all of you gun owners out there (which I hope is all of you) understand that since Obama has become president not only has it become harder to buy guns, but ammo prices have gone up A LOT. A lot more people are refilling these days, in fact my family is thinking about doing it as well. The only ammo you should really buy is hallow points for protection (which is what you'd keep in your gun at home, or at your place of business).

We need to fight this kind of stuff before it gets out of hand! There really should be a day or week out of the year dedicated to our freedom to own firearms and there should be open/free shooting ranges and teachers for all ages to show how guns can protect.

The main issue among those who fight against us gun owners is that those who don't own a gun or know how to handle them, think people just get them to kill people or rob a bank or something. Not everyone with a gun commits a crime! You all remember that guy who got arrested and his guns taken from him because he got fired from work and supposedly the ex-bosses thought he may be a liability (although there was NO proof) so the cops busted him? That really pissed me off, and I can see more things like that happening now...

Ahh sorry for the long post, but this stuff really urks me... we have a RIGHT to BARE ARMS, period. But I guess our rights don't matter anymore do they?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The article and the Bill it states makes sense to me. Want to carry a gun around, make sure you are carrying proof you are allowed to. Looks like they are just trying to create the means to handle criminals who probably don't have the paperwork for their gun, and to be able to toss them in jail right away. Though with American jails overflowing, I believe the last thing needed is to find new ways to imprison people.

Instead, find ways to create a society where Guns aren't needed, where the public doesn't have to live in a world of fear...guns breed fear/fear breeds guns.

Of course such a thing probably won't happen in our lifetimes unfortunately.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

General Assembly probably feel the threat of Fire Arms. But guess who is going to pay for these people who will be imprisoned. It wouldn't come out of the pockets of General Assembly. Average Joe Blow will pay for it. General Assembly get it both ways. Protection from Fire Arms and not to pay for it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It's always been illegal to carry a gun without a FOID card here. All this law does is up the sentence. If you have guns, you have to register them.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Most of my law enforcement friends are against gun control, and this law is the worst possible example.

Imagine, a normal family man like myself, refusing to abide by an unconstitutional laws. (All the so-called "Wyatt Earp" laws are currently in jeopardy btw.) Imagine a police officer just doing his job, and a family man just coming home from work, and a routine traffic stop now puts both of our lives in jeopardy!

I don't plan on spending 3 years away from my family, and he is sworn to uphold the law no matter how ridiculous. One of us is going to have to bend our morals, or one of us is going to have to use force. Not a good scenario at all!

The police don't want it, the cognitive citizens don't want it. The only people for this type of law are the criminals and the bleeding hearts. The law has no logic associated with it, but it has a ton of downsides!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
guns are just bad, but im not going to preach to americans about this as none of you seem to understand the argument one bit.

Someone threatens to ban guns, and you all threaten to shoot them!

the irony kills me!

A gun is a inanimate object.

It is not capable of being bad or good.

A steak knife or straight razor can kill, and so can a chainsaw.

There are a lot of things that can be used to kill, the gun is just
very quick at the task and used a lot more often.

The problem is ppl, and has been for a very long time.

Long before the gun man has killed each other, and I will make a bet
that after the gun is replaced with some new type of weapon someone
is going to kill another person with it.

Criminals do not care about your laws and will simply make a zip gun,
or something like it, or stab you with a knife or beat you with a bat.

In a perfect world we could ban guns and violence and all bad
actions of all people, but we do not live in perfect world and
bad ppl are going to do bad things.

As long as their are bad ppl, good ppl should have the right to defend
themselves from bad ppl.

If you cannot grasp the concept of self defense as a basic right
then you are simply brainwashed.

In this world you do not have the right to take away the rights of others.

I think someday we may get equally effective non lethal defense,
but at this time I do not think we have it.

Until then the firearm is the choice for defense.

Good Luck to you all !

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join