It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Senator Wants to Imprison Gun Owners

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Illinois Senator Wants to Imprison Gun Owners

www.infowars.com

The Illinois General Assembly has passed HB 5832 a Bill that makes carrying a firearm in Illinois without a valid FOID card a mandatory 1-3 years in prison.

Under current law, carrying a weapon without a valid FOID card allowed for probation but once enacted the new law removes any and all chances of probation even for a first time offense. The Bill has yet to be signed by the Governor but it appears to be a done deal unless a grassroots effort is made to stop it.

The new law was sponsored in the Illinois Senate by Kirk Dillard, who was recently endorsed by the ISRA for Governor on the r
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is treason at its finest. For all you who hate guns let me ask you think. do you know what the normal police response time is? around 8 min. In big cities it is 9+. know how long it takes to die?1 sec. If a man breaks into your house and wants to kill you and you DO HAVE a gun then you can defend your self. If you do NOT then do you really think the cops can or will protect you?

If you think banning guns will help think again. Wanna know why places like new york are so bad? it is nearly imposable to get a gun legally. The honest man who only wants to defend his family is out of luck. The killer does not register his gun. He buys a gun off the streets. common sense

Guns save lifs.

www.infowars.com

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Let 'em Ban all the firearms ...

They don't have near enough Jack boot Thugs to come get them.

Molon Labe

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Another example of the scum making the laws and how verse such scums are in our Constitution of the Repulic of the United States of America. If any of these scums are up on the ballot coming up, do your country a duty and Protect its foundations by voting these scums out.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

This doesn't suprise me in the least since it is in illinois; evidently all the flippin tards in government there have not learned anything at all from the Morton Grove fiasco or from examining cities such as New York, yet no one ever mentions a shining example like Kennesaw, Georgia, where it is mandatory for each resident to own at least one firearm, and lo and behold! Kennesaw has no crime rate!

I wonder why...

seeker

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Kennesaw, Georgia,

That is why I love my home state Ga gun laws as they should be you carry in parks most places of business and some areas of Hartsfield air port and no I dont own a gun but I do love my bow and I'm trying to get a CC permit for it

I hope this doesn't turn in to the immigration bill were one state dose it then more follow

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I swear to god if I lived in IL and they tried to take my firearms they would have to kill me. I would be espousing the 2nd amendment till my last breath!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

no one ever mentions a shining example like Kennesaw, Georgia, where it is mandatory for each resident to own at least one firearm, and lo and behold! Kennesaw has no crime rate!

seeker

Kennesaw doesn't enforce the gun law, as a matter of fact I'd say it is safe to bet 60% of Kennesaw homes don't have a gun. The southerners in the area are most likely to have a gun, but we've been overrun by liberal yankees.

And Kennesaw does have a crime rate, just not a huge one, and it is a small city. It is becoming a college town and most residents are middle-higher class.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinveezy

This is treason at its finest. For all you who hate guns let me ask you think. do you know what the normal police response time is? around 8 min. In big cities it is 9+. know how long it takes to die?1 sec. If a man breaks into your house and wants to kill you and you DO HAVE a gun then you can defend your self. If you do NOT then do you really think the cops can or will protect you?

I have been trying to find what a normal response time for police in the US, so thanks. The reason is where I live, in Australia, you might as well say we get no protection.

We have a two man police station in the small town where I live, but they are never there, they are always in the nearby small city of 60,000 and couldn't care less about our safety. When they are away the response time is 45 minutes plus. What someone out of their mind with a gun could do in that amount of time boggles the mind, especially since all weapons are illegal here - guns, tasers, maccette etc to defend ourselves with.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
guns are just bad, but im not going to preach to americans about this as none of you seem to understand the argument one bit.

Someone threatens to ban guns, and you all threaten to shoot them!

the irony kills me!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent

Kennesaw, Georgia,

That is why I love my home state Ga gun laws as they should be you carry in parks most places of business and some areas of Hartsfield air port and no I dont own a gun but I do love my bow and I'm trying to get a CC permit for it

You wouldn't need a cc permit to carry a bow, it isn't a firearm. How would you plan on concealing a bow anyway?

You can't hide a compound bow under a trench coat; and you damn sure couldn't pull it, attach the arrow and release, aim and fire before someone shoots you or runs.

If you want to carry a bow, no one will stop you; but someone could empty a magazine before you're even a threat.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

no one ever mentions a shining example like Kennesaw, Georgia, where it is mandatory for each resident to own at least one firearm, and lo and behold! Kennesaw has no crime rate!

seeker

Kennesaw doesn't enforce the gun law, as a matter of fact I'd say it is safe to bet 60% of Kennesaw homes don't have a gun. The southerners in the area are most likely to have a gun, but we've been overrun by liberal yankees.

And Kennesaw does have a crime rate, just not a huge one, and it is a small city. It is becoming a college town and most residents are middle-higher class.

Kennesaw has been a college town for many years; i attended Kennesaw College in 1976.

The main point was that until the last couple of years most crooks knew that they could be facing a firearm and it is a good deterrent; just as in most locale's where they are certain no one is armed they run rampant.
What aggravates me is all these sheep out here that claim firearms are bad; may I suggest to them to study history and examine 1930-40's Poland and Germany, and look where it got them.

When firearms are outlawed, only outlaws will have firearms, for they do not legally purchase and register them in the first place.

ANd I agree about the influx of the liberals but at least there are a few of us natives left.

seeker

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hmmm. And we wonder why they are considering calling the national guard into Chicago? Seriously, any of you who live around here know how bad Chicago really is, and its pretty obvious why. There have been at least 2 news stories just this week of terrible violence in Chicago.

I have an idea though. Why don't we force Illinois's politicians to all live in an apartment next to the White Sox stadium? I'll bet not a single one of them would dare go near that place without at least few armed body guards, let alone live there. Let the people have their guns and their rights, and maybe then you wouldn't have a reason to fear their guns.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calaustria
Hmmm. And we wonder why they are considering calling the national guard into Chicago? Seriously, any of you who live around here know how bad Chicago really is, and its pretty obvious why. There have been at least 2 news stories just this week of terrible violence in Chicago.

I have an idea though. Why don't we force Illinois's politicians to all live in an apartment next to the White Sox stadium? I'll bet not a single one of them would dare go near that place without at least few armed body guards, let alone live there. Let the people have their guns and their rights, and maybe then you wouldn't have a reason to fear their guns.

Yep, not a single one would take that option. How about we ask them about their favorite White Sox player's when they were growing up? I wonder if they can be as descriptive as Obumbus was?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yes, lets ban all guns, that way more criminals can kick doors in and shoot at people a few houses down from where the police are holding a press conference about how all the gun violence is out of control, yes this really happened in Chicago.

I always hear how all these people from other countries always talk about how guns should be banned, but yet they never give any supporting evidence other than their opinion and about how there is very little gun crime. Yet they leave out the fact there there is still violent crime.

Guns are an inanimate object that doesn't do anything unless the person wielding it makes it shoot.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yeah score another one for Daley and his damn machine. The whole lot of them make me sick, bunch of idiots is what there are. It's really easy for them take our rights away from us, because they're all walking around with body guards they don't need to defend themselves.

do you know what the normal police response time is? around 8 min. In big cities it is 9+......

Not in Chicago, if it's a dangerous situation it takes them way longer than that to respond. Plenty of times we've had these idiot gangbangers shooting at people in my neighborhood , cops show up 15-20+ minutes later.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinveezy
do you know what the normal police response time is? around 8 min. In big cities it is 9+. know how long it takes to die?1 sec. www.infowars.com

this is my reason for the justification of an armed population.

I can't tell you how many times I've called 911 only to be told to call back when there's an immediate emergency. Stupid fools, if it was immediate, the last thing I'm going to do is waste time calling for help.

Cops are useless for anything except filing police reports for insurance claims.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
If the people of Illinois are stupid enough to vote their rights away, let them. Their violent crimes will continue to increase, the safety of their populations will decrease, and their State Government will eventually own their souls. That's their problem for being idiots, not mine.

It becomes my problem when the bile in their political system spews over into national politics, though when I say that I am in no way referring to any specific people...

People who vote for the worst, deserve the worst.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Did i miss something here?

Where in the original artical does it say anything about "Ban all the firearms"?

Where does it mention taking away anyones guns?

If you have the appropriate paper work, no problem.

PS. FYI Dragon12. "all weapons are illegal here - guns, tasers, maccette etc to defend ourselves with".....not true mate. If you have the appropriate paper work/permit you can have gun/guns in Australia. it's just that most people can't be bothered to go through the process.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Did anyone bother to read the text of 5832 or the Criminal Code of 1961 that it changes? Or did everyone just jump on the "they're taking our guns" bandwagon?

Illinois HB 5832
Criminal Code of 1961

HB 5832 pertains to gun use when committing a criminal offense. They aren't just outlawing guns, they're stiffening the consequences of using a gun while committing a crime. I'm all for gun rights, but we need to pick and choose our battles. Yelling about things like this just makes us all look like nut jobs when they actually are trying to infringe on our right to bare arms.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join