It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Mars Rovers and other Probes found traces of an ancient civilization on the Red Planet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Some details inside NASA' Rovers images are amazing.
Have NASA Rovers and other Probes already found traces of an ancient civilization on Mars?
Nasa hide "something" or they need to analyze better what they have found?

I want to share what it appears to be very suspicious.
Strange “Stones” and other anomalies that they seem to be the ruins of an ancient (actual?) civilization buried into the sands of the red planet.
Perhaps only suggestions (or maybe not) but however that make to increase the doubts and the mysteries on what NASA hides on Mars and that which it has been in ancient times.
You can verify directly in the official Nasa images.
Here some images.

Device whit 3 holes

Altar

Basket

Statue #1

Statue #2

Squaw and bon-fire

Squaw and bon-fire 2

The Flying Stone

Portholes

Sand Worm

Jump into the sand

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Antor

Please try to find the original photos instead of looking to those highly resized images from Google Earth, you will see what the photos show much better.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The squaw looks exactly like the 1st humanoid shape they saw on the crater rim a year or so ago.

The flying rock looks interesting too..

Although the rest just look like rocks to me

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks. I try to find high resolution image. any link?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Interesting images, did you crop them yourself?
I'm sure many explanations will be offered to account for the seemingly artificial discrepancies. Wind erosion, tiny meteor impacts or something of that sort.

I don’t quite understand the “Flying Stone” image though, it’s attention-grabbing but doesn’t offer any evidence for or against there once being an ancient civilization on Mars.

Nothing solid here as far as I can see.

Remain vigilant

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Antor

Sure, you can start here.

Edit: another thing, it would help if you post the ID of the photos or the location of the area photographed. As you are using Google Earth you just have to grab the image with the coordinates visible; that way anyone can go to that location and see for themselves.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Here's the squaw image in full res (18meg)
Hires Image

Just downloaded it at looking through it now..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The flying rock is cool.

It must be some sort of optical illusion though.

Because rocks don't fly. At least, my brain cannot imagine how it would.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Antor

Another thread filled with lots of Martian rocks claimed as artifacts. When will the silliness and overactive imaginations end?

You are aware of some of the absolutely insane rock formations that formed naturally on Earth aren't you? From natural archways, the grand canyon, to the Giant's Causeway.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6043e8173c48.jpg[/atsimg]

This is in Arizona, in my mind pictures of mars showing a few rocks scattered under the red planet's soil pale in comparison to the beauty here on Earth.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/285bae4d70f8.jpg[/atsimg]

These incredible cliffs are in China.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3651c8e632d.jpg[/atsimg]

The Giant's Causeway in Ireland.

I'm glad some people's imaginations are still working but jumping to the alien conclusion based on Google Earth images of normal Martian rocks gets real old real quick.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I soppose that the flying rock was perhaps kicked up by the rovers wheels?
As for the squaw, if you look closely and know anything about photography you will see that the 'head' Is actually a totally seperate rock further away in the background.
The reason it looks similar to the 'ape' photo from mars is that they are both........rocks.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think the flying rock are two different rocks, one in front of the other.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Image 6 was the one that looked oddest. it reminds me of a lot of the ancient buddhist statues, theres various looks to them:

thanks UKWO1Phot for the actual image

If this says anything:

Kinda looks like this:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
While I would love to believe the squaw and flying stone, they are merely "tricks" of the eye. The flying stone picture...it's "shadow" is nothing more than a stone in front of the "flying" stone, with the light shining from just the right angle to make the closer side completely dark due to its shape. It makes the stone appear like a shadow and the "flying" rock looks like it is floating above the "shadow".

The squaw is similar to this with regards to perspective and optical trickery. The "head" is a rock that is farther back in the distance from the "body" but at a higher elevation thus giving it the shape of a human/oid. Again rock shapes and light play an integral part in this illusion.

The rest of the pictures are just not in good enough resolution to support the shapes that are seen. I have, and I am sure many of you have seen intriguing rock shapes and formations here on earth. Here are some for you...just in case you haven't...

But here are some I'm very sure most of you are aware of...

Places like The Giants Causeway and Fingal's Cave. are natural phenomenon.

While I would love nothing more than seeing some Martian pics with something absolute, but, like the face on mars, these aren't. Like the masterbating scarecrow off - you're clutching at straws. But, only in my opinion. If you look hard enough you can see anything you want. Cloud formations spring to mind. If you are actively searching a multitude of images, then it is people like you who deserve to get the credit for finding something. But make sure you find your proof with high resolution pictures and good luck.

Here are some more pictures of Fingal's Cave in Scotland and here are some links to other intriguing rock shapes and formations.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I agree with the "squaw" (actually "paige" panorama) image.

The head is another rock as can be seen a little clearer in the false colour image...

The circle the "body" stone is in, is what drew me too it. Looking around the area there is that much protruding rock a circle could be created anywhere in that area with a bit of sand and wind.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Device whit 3 holes

That does look like a rock but the thing is those 3 dots are within a Rectangular with it side curved. Could it be a rock with carving? natural or otherwise? a corroded and rusty object? or just a plain rock with some kind of photo error?

Altar

Thats one strange looking rock there.... but who knows what it can be for sure... its Mars, not earth

Basket

A rock with a straight flat surface on one side, maybe the other sides as well and a hole in the middle but then again, who knows for sure what it is, we here, not there and these arent super real high-def pic to see it like its actually in front of our eyes

Statue #1
Hmmm thats really a hard one, but it sure does look like it was shaped-up and carved. Like one mention we have strange formation of rocks here on earth but then again its mars, if its a rock then thats one retarded looking rock, it does look out of place, Anyone else agrees?

Statue #2

Those "Rocks" looks like it pieces together like a puzzle, the first piece looks like it broke off and fell straight down and it maybe go with the 2nd middle piece but the 3nd last piece looks like it matches up with the middle piece. Can it just be a huge strange shaped rock that in time broke off into pieces? or is it really an statue or other hand made (or device) object?

Squaw and bon-fire

sigh that really looks like someone, a female or a male with long hair or a statue with fire in front of it... That one cant be a rock, you see an head, a right arm reaching and right leg with knee bended?IF thats a natural rock then I wish there were some here on earth exactly like that.. but it does reminds me of an statue of a past civilization of a person.

ANd what looks like a fire can be seen behind that "rock" a few feet away but then again who knows, It could have been edited and retouched and put that same "fire" looking spot on the other side.. that can be done and I remember learning Photoshop and said if you wanted to have the same color on the other side just copy that spot and hold the mouse button and it'll make an exact copy anywhere else you wanted it to be,
also you can see the line of the photo that they merged, the middle is the one in question but if you look to the other one on the left side (the first piece) its there too but that piece seem like it was taken at another time and notice there's more of that image missing since it doesnt line up with the rocks and everything else

The Flying Stone

I have no comment on this one,, it's really up in the air by a few inches, notice the shadow and the rock.

Portholes

this one you can see where it has been merged and its going down right in the middle of the object which is missing a tiny bit of info, that object is a bit wider and i say this because if you look down the line , the rock under it , the left side of it doesnt match , just look at the alignment of the photo and objects and as far as that object, it has carvings but made by who? its quite clear too say the light part of the object is out while the dark areas is in, making it stand out, that object isnt natural at all

Sand Worm

it does look like a piece sticking out, sand worm? who knows.,, no where in the picture u see the samething but if you look at that photo, that area looks fishy , just analyze the other rock pieces, to me it looks like something was once was built there

Jump into the sand

IT could be that sand worm moving and was captured on the move when its coming out of the sand but also, it can be an object sinking in as time pass, look at the carving, looks like a two pieces but then again, it can also be a rock.. who knows, we not there

(will check out the above posts thats before my reply :-) )

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
All those place like the two faces of mars will never be seen to the public if the rovers ever make it there. NASA loves hiding things from us. Hell, they classified 400 "rocks" in space from the WISE project.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Not sure what you think about AstroEngineer, but I just saw this. Have you tried to apply any filters to the photos? Maybe the objecs you found might reveal something even more intertesting.

We wondered if perhaps they were using some special filters to process the images to bring out subtle artificial or organic patterns in the image. Rich and I made a few attempts with various guessed filter settings, but we gave up as we saw nothing obviously unfamiliar pop out of the thumbnails.

I now begin to wonder if perhaps The Sun accidentally misunderstood it correctly. What if Spirit really had photographed something akin to “pond scum”. What if those mysterious persons who were looking at the Spirit thumbnails transmitted over the faster than light connection to Earth were using filters to process the images which would make organic material coating certain portions of rocks more visible.

astroengineer.wordpress.com...

Paul

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
These are just a few slightly questionable things that happened to slip through. I am now convinced that someone at defense previews all the rover photos and deletes anything "good" before NASA ever sees it.

That whole mechanism was discussed in a thread a few weeks ago.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot
The squaw looks exactly like the 1st humanoid shape they saw on the crater rim a year or so ago.

Notice though that the Squaws "head" is a rock further away than the pile that make up her body?

They aren't connected.

- Lee

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I know I shouldnt have stopped learning Photoshop, I would have been a pro right now and would have filtered and everything else those pics just to see what could be actually seen and found..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join