It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Mars Rovers and other Probes found traces of an ancient civilization on the Red Planet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I saw a website a while ago that claims a giant nozzle is squirting liquid on mars and right next to it is a transparent dome. It was a fun site to view just to see all of the things people see in rock formations.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

is it just me or is that rock levitating hehehe?

That's an odd picture, the others are questionable. The first image with three holes doesn't seem natural but the majority of others do.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
A rock with a line of holes is common. I've seen it many times in rocks where the holes form along a fracture in the rock.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antor
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks. I try to find high resolution image. any link?

If you are looking at Google Mars, there will be a link you can click on and it will take you to the original NASA photo on NASAs site. I can't really tell which pictures are what either or what mission they are from. I would do it for you but I can't figure out how to get Google Earth to open so I can get to Google Mars. It says it's downloaded but I can't find it anywhere! I wanted it just for Mars too.. My favorite planet.

Nice pics but some are just rocks that look funny. There is no doubt in my mind that there are things on Mars that are unexplainable and that NASA and others are hiding these things from us. I truly believe Mars had a civilization and something catastrophic happened to the planet.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ok I found the panorama view of the "Home Plate" from NASA's site. The pic you are using is about half down. I went by what your picture said. It said Spirit "Paige," I hope this is the one.

NASA Mars

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Thanks everybody for your opinions.

Now I want submit to your attention other "Rocks" and some Martian Mirages.

The Speeder (like the Star wars "speeder")

The Speeder #2

Martian Mirage

The Probe

Cylinder

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The Stamp on the Rock

The Cobra

The face carved in the stone

The "U" Tube

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

Here on earth a statue in a rock look right in the centre

www.needlesports.com...

Plenty of examples here

www.needlesports.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Antor

The "stamp" is most likely a mark left by the RAT (Rock Abrasion Tool).

By using Google Earth you are loosing the time information, you only see the final panoramas and not the sequence of all photos, many of those never entered any panorama.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Antor

The "stamp" is most likely a mark left by the RAT (Rock Abrasion Tool).

By using Google Earth you are loosing the time information, you only see the final panoramas and not the sequence of all photos, many of those never entered any panorama.

About "the stamp" and the Rock Abrasion Tool:
Have you seen where this Rock is? On a cliff very very inclined.
No. The rover isn't a spider. The Rover can't go there, Armap.
Too difficult and too danger.

Maybe other, maybe a corrupted frame but no RAT.

Don't worry about Google images because they are very similar to the "Big Image" of the Rover website. I Checked. I cant download the Tiff. file.
If you can, I apreciate a lot.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antor
About "the stamp" and the Rock Abrasion Tool:
Have you seen where this Rock is? On a cliff very very inclined.
No. The rover isn't a spider. The Rover can't go there, Armap.
Too difficult and too danger.

Don't worry, you are not the first person being fooled by those photos.
Take a look at this and tell me what you think.

Don't worry about Google images because they are very similar to the "Big Image" of the Rover website. I Checked. I cant download the Tiff. file.
If you can, I apreciate a lot.
They are similar but they are a little worse, and if you see them bigger than their original size the problems will be enhanced.

That big image also suffers from a problem common to all panoramas, it's distorted to create the panorama. Looking at the original photos is always the best way of doing things.

PS: Google Earth uses the big images as the source for their images, it's only natural that they look similar, but they reduce the quality a little to make the download faster. If you have the "Compress" check-box checked on Google Earth (on the Texture Colors section of the Options) you will get even worse images.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The Altar looks like fingers of a hand bent and or holding something, could part of an statue that was smashed up etc.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Take a look at this and tell me what you think.

What about your photo?

And what explanation about the "Stamp on the Rock"?

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Antor]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Antor

The photo I posted on my previous post shows the rover with the RAT over that rock, just that.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Maybe you are right, Armap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join