It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fearmongers' Were Right about Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I am drinking the Kool Aid as we speak!!!
For real though, this website is full of fear mongering conservatives just like every where else they are.
I am very sick of this subject. The world is NOT going to end because we implemented a different health care system. Premiums going up!!! What!! That is unheard of!! ........since when have premiums not gone up.
I am a perfectly healthy individual who happens to think that the current health care system hasn't done # for me but instead has tried to rip me off.
Now, I am sure that will continue to happen in different ways but hey, at least we can blame the federal government now.
You rich people can stop your bitching. You will still get your premium health care with all of your money. I don't give one god damn # if the rich people have to pay some more money. QQ yourself to sleep tonight on your king size bed with your yuppie pajamas.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
One day you will be like europe, and will that be so bad?

Europe is not perfect we have rubbish leaders like blair and brown, but at least people have something, not much at least something.

And this is a fairly common attitude. People would rather settle for "something" than fight to make things right. What would America be if the founding fathers settled for "something"?

Personally why should I settle for something if I can have it all?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylermbell
we have awhile until we have to worry about 'obamacare'.

its not implemented so why complain about it. shouting at an invisible threat.

I mean this in the nicest way possible. That is the most ridiculous statement I've read on this site in awhile. It has been signed into law, it has been implemented. The only thing we aren't going to be seeing any time soon is the supposed benefits. In the mean time we get to pay for it anyway.

This isn't some imaginary thing that will go away if we just ignore it. Ignoring the problems is what's gotten this country where it is today. That's how Bush got elected not once, but twice. That's how the same members of Congress who've run this country into the ground financially are still sitting in office right now. That's how Obama got elected when no one knew anything about the man aside from his talking points. Because people want to ignore the problems and hope they'll go away. It doesn't work like that.

Someone might break into your house one day. Are you going to wait til they rob you blind to lock your doors? Or are you going to lock your doors now to prevent them from getting in as easily?

If I wanted to be European, I'd move to Europe. If I wanted to live somewhere that was like Europe, I'd move to Europe.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Jenna]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
A star to you darkspARCS!

As the weeks go by since Obamas inauguration, the seems tyo be good news around every corner.

No. I'm not trying to be sarcastic. It was my wish on this nation that the Obama administration literally run this country into the ground and destroy it to the point where it can be still saved.

My reason is for punishment to the people for putting such incompetant leaders in Washington.

I'm about as a red-blooded American as you can get but I'll be damned if I want to see anyone with the morals of Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reid and the rest of the liberals, Republican or Democrat, do anything positive for this nation. To hell with them all. Conservativew associates of mine have expressed that they hope Obama does good. From the very start I expressed that I hope he fails.

Death before dishonor.

Um, why on earth would you wish him to fail? This sounds, repeat SOUNDS like a spiteful third grader. "I don't think you should have got to be the team captain so I hope you SUCK". Wouldn't it be better to hope to be pleasantly suprised? Just saying. As far as wiping the slate clean, it's never going to happen, unless we just do away with the electorate altogether and crown some tea party talking head king. Oh, wait, that's why America was founded, to get away from that.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
S&F for op.
Bend over and grab your ankles, no KY jelly this time!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
all of you people always describe the HCR bill as some kind of homosexual fantasy when the current system guarantees you will pay WAY more than necessary..."out the ass" if you will.

whatever dudes

[edit on 4-5-2010 by piddles]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
*Sigh*

singing to the choir, OP..

In order for the masses to see how Up Crap's creek we are, perhaps we can get a graphic artist to draw diagrams.. Kinda like the Military does to idiot proof their weapons..

I do not think in all honesty Obama, will have enough time to completely root out all of what it is he dislikes about America.. Or should I say his supporters.. Deep down inside I hope he is feeling a lil sick.. I am not sure how I would feel knowing I was helping the destruction of well a constitution and a platform we call Liberty, and Freedom.. All I see is more and more laws taking more and more and more, laced with fee's taxes and fines for breaking the new Laws.. I think the sum of it all is the bottom-line to the losses of our freedoms.. Not to mention a very poorly educated backbone of the American citizen.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
As soon as I realized there would be a mandate for citizens to carrry health insurance without a way to help them pay for it, I knew this was doomed from the get go.

Unfortunately, it will take a couple years to really start seeing the ramifications this bill has.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Is it too soon to be right about the impending currency meltdown or do I have to wait until 60 years after it happens?

Of course the right-wing fearmongers where right about Obamacare. They read enough about economics to be able to say the right thing. I wish these same people could be right about anything else.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again. Republicans, Conservatives, and State-libertarians need to wake up to the irrational premise with which they oppose Obama.

Less government control is so awesome. In fact, it is so awesome that you should not have any government control.

Y'all need to stop living in a dream world and realize you are allowing the very same violent sociopaths to be in charge as you give as the reason to rely on state control.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by DarkspARCS
'Fearmongers' Were Right about Obamacare

The CATO Institute published a commentary about an article published in the Orange County Register about a recently published report released by the RAND Corp. that gave summary results of the impact ObamaCare was going to have on various aspects of the plan's goals and outreach.

CATO didn't publish a commentary! They just republished, with attribution, the OCR article which just regurgitated the Rand study, without any factual underpinnings. Remember, Rand was founded by Hap Arnold, who was slightly right of Joe McCarthy. Rand featured such uber-conservative luminaries as Donald Douglas (Douglas Aircraft), Scooter Libby and Herman Kahn, the model for the titular character of the film Dr. Strangelove. Newhouse News reported that then President Nixon had Rand work on a plan for cancelling the 1972 Presidential election. Rand receives substantial funding from the health care industry.

QFT

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
We are giving away the farm.....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Let's me just say what everyone else (most everyone else) is thinking.

DUH!!

[edit on 4-5-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

well until the people see more then what meets their eyes, they will remain seeing two sides, thinking the other side is the truth..
Biggest charade of it all. It is the people that have always been the truth. So in essence, here we lie..

I replied because I agree with about 80 percent of what you wrote..

telling ya, we need diagrams.. And volenteers to hand em out, as flyers
its brilliant..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Don't scare the masses, we can only bring them to the light a little at a time.

First we get it back to Libertarianism. Then after a little adjustment, we let the babies take their first steps in the light of true liberty.

Patience, you have it, just keep instilling your knowledge to the masses.

Baby steps.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Don't scare the masses, we can only bring them to the light a little at a time.

First we get it back to Libertarianism. Then after a little adjustment, we let the babies take their first steps in the light of true liberty.

Patience, you have it, just keep instilling your knowledge to the masses.

Baby steps.

depends on what event we want the trauma to be utilized to awaken the people.. The continuation of the flaquations from the derividens of what we subject ourselves towards with this mass media, with a state form of control, or a trauma of enlightenment.. the truth.....

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Yes, a truly enlightening event to bring the masses to the truth. That would be awesome. Hard to imagine, even harder to institute let alone come up with the event.

[edit on 5/4/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
the truth reveals itself..

No event shall be needed..

maybe just some rainbows, or just peace, or a way of life, where all people can be happy... Since its so hard to be welcomed by many being happy in 2010.. Since we are all worried about Government control, of everything as the Op states..

Oh by the way I stared and flagged, sorry mods, I will drift to another topic..

were getting a lil off topic i think..
U2U, me if you want...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylermbell
reply to post by DarkspARCS

we have awhile until we have to worry about 'obamacare'.

its not implemented so why complain about it. shouting at an invisible threat.

There's a train coming (Wilbur)

Yep (Larry)

You think maybe we ought to get off the tracks (Wilbur)

Ah shucks that train is a good ways off we got time (Larry)

Yep (Wilbur)

Now the abject lesson here is if you are going to admit to the train coming down the tracks upon which you are sitting, you get up and move with a quickness.

I can understand disagreeing with the subject matter but to suggest that you see the danger coming and then imply that we should just wait for it to come is where my confusion sets in.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dieseldave
I don't think we should expect aliens to be friendly. For all we know they could actually be dangerous. Why should we assume that they are peaceful?

~~music starts playing ~~

** Pat Seyjack walks out on a newly lit stage **

AND THE GRAND PRIZE GOES TO....dieseldave!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS dieseldave, YOU HAVE WON TODAY'S TOP PRIZE FOR MAKING THE MOST ABSURD COMMENT IN AN UNRELATED FORUM - WHICH MADE COMPLETE SENSE GIVEN THE TOPIC AT HAND!!! ALL, WITHOUT BUYING ONE VOWEL!...GREAT JOB! VANNA... BACK TO YOU IN THE STUDIO AUDIENCE...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Europe is not perfect we have rubbish leaders like blair and brown, but at least people have something, not much at least something.

That day will not happen while I yet live and breathe, and I wake up every morning and thank God for that fact.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join