It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fearmongers' Were Right about Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The CATO Institute published a commentary about an article published in the Orange County Register about a recently published report released by the RAND Corp. that gave summary results of the impact ObamaCare was going to have on various aspects of the plan's goals and outreach.

the report warned that promised future spending cuts, particularly those for Medicare, are unlikely to occur. "The longer-term viability of the Medicare reductions is doubtful," wrote Richard Foster, chief actuary of the Medicare and Medicaid systems. What cuts do occur could have a severe impact on the quality of health care. As many as 15 percent of hospitals and other institutions could be forced out of business, according to the report, "possibly jeopardizing access to care" for millions of Americans.

Needless to say, the study shows ObamaCare fails to meet any of it's goals, Will actually INCREASE health care spending, drive Health care premiums up for everybody across the board as Insurer's move to price gouge customers in lieu of the Mandatory Tax Law, and ultimately increase the government's deficit as spending cuts would probably not be made due to the nature of an increase of newly impoverished Americans thus needing government sponsored insurance.

Some hilights of the article state:

1. the government's chief actuary released his report on the bill, showing that the bill will actually increase health care spending by $311 billion over 10 years.

2. the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Studies reports that half of seniors currently enrolled in the Medicare Advantage program will lose their coverage under that program and be forced back onto traditional Medicare.

3. the Congressional Budget Office now says that as many as 10 million workers will lose their current insurance under Obamacare. Some of those workers will have to buy new insurance through the government-run exchanges.

we can expect higher deficits and, of course, higher taxes. The most recent estimates suggest that the taxes already in the bill will likely end up costing middle-class workers and small businesses an extra $1,000 per year.

4. the most recent report from the Congressional Budget Office warns that nearly 4 million Americans, nearly three-quarters of them middle-class workers, will be hit with fines for failing to meet the government's mandateto buy insurance. Those penalties will average nearly $1,000 per person in 2016.

What's not mentioned is the complicity of the entire scam... and who benefites from this law, in truth... What is mentioned however is:

This episode provides a lesson, not just for health care reform, but more generally for the Obama administration's policies. When critics of the health care bill raised these concerns during the debate, they were accused of "fear-mongering." It was said that they were "opposed to reform," or were in the pockets of the insurance industry.

Now, as the administration presses forward with its other initiatives, including financial regulation and, possibly, "cap-and-trade" energy taxes, the same modus operandi is in action. Those who raise questions are derided as opposing "reform" and siding with the banks, energy companies or whoever the enemy of the day is. The bills need to be rushed through. There is no time for real debate.

Not only did we get a fat cupcake up our financial cake holes.... here comes two more creamy cake filling packages to fill in the extra gaps... Cap-and-trade- energy taxes, and Financial system overhaul legislation...

What again was NOT mentioned.... is the big fat suprise Immigration Reform is going to finish this fiasco off with. The call is for the United States to:

ALLOW MORE WORKERS IN, INCREASING WORKER VISA ALLOWANCES!!

With unemployment as a National Average above 11 percent.... WHAT IN THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING??....

I'm telling you folks, Obama is in the pocket of the Islamic Jihaad, and his reform policies are destroying America!

WHY IN GOD'S GREEN EARTH DOESN'T ANYONE EXPOSE THIS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT??!!

There are quite a few people here on ATS, who believe what I'm saying is the truth... What does it take, for a person of personal integrity and couthe to correct this action?

Doesn't anyone give a damn about what America did for you anymore?....

If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself...

If I do this thing alone, where will my support be? ISN'T ANYONE IN THIS WORLD WITH SOME PULL, CONNECTIONS, AND LEGISLATIVE POWER CAPABLE OF HELPING AMERICA OUT?! Because God knows I sure don't have any, just a trigger finger and a gun... and that's not power... that's suicide.

I'm finished here... I only beseach those with intelligence and skill to please make the right choice, and assist the people who need you the most...

[edit on 4-5-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
thanks dark for just reenforcing my views of this shizzle soup that we are in! i am sure you will have the obama kool aid drinkers any minute in here, so be ready, and vigilant as reality this day and age is more like the twilight zone. best regards s&f for you

+9 more 
posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What I find really funny is the language they keep finding that Creamer and crew put in the bill that screws everybody..including the morons that didn't bother to read the bill!! Every day more and more is found that this law is not anywhere near what it was reported to be! It is exactly what those of us that tried to tell the Obamist koolaid drinkers was there. They refused to see and told us wasn't true!
Zindo

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Can you be more specific when you say if you do "this thing"? What is this thing?

And can you elaborate on what your "trigger finger and a gun" have to do with "this thing" you want to do?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS

The CATO Institute published a commentary about an article published in the Orange County Register about a recently published report released by the RAND Corp. that gave summary results of the impact ObamaCare was going to have on various aspects of the plan's goals and outreach.

CATO didn't publish a commentary! They just republished, with attribution, the OCR article which just regurgitated the Rand study, without any factual underpinnings. Remember, Rand was founded by Hap Arnold, who was slightly right of Joe McCarthy. Rand featured such uber-conservative luminaries as Donald Douglas (Douglas Aircraft), Scooter Libby and Herman Kahn, the model for the titular character of the film Dr. Strangelove. Newhouse News reported that then President Nixon had Rand work on a plan for cancelling the 1972 Presidential election. Rand receives substantial funding from the health care industry.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

OMG! This means either....

Obama was wrong! Or,

Obama was lying to us!

Neither option is a possible!

Star and Flag for the find!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

If you look at the facts of MY post... lol, you'll discover that several of the allegations made in support of this post came directly from government agencies... not Rand... not OCR...

Have a grand day!...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
Can you be more specific ...

And can you elaborate ...

Kindness is always a virtue one should keep in mind while trying to deal with oppression...

[edit on 4-5-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
One day you will be like europe, and will that be so bad?

Europe is not perfect we have rubbish leaders like blair and brown, but at least people have something, not much at least something.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A star to you darkspARCS!

As the weeks go by since Obamas inauguration, the seems tyo be good news around every corner.

No. I'm not trying to be sarcastic. It was my wish on this nation that the Obama administration literally run this country into the ground and destroy it to the point where it can be still saved.

My reason is for punishment to the people for putting such incompetant leaders in Washington.

I'm about as a red-blooded American as you can get but I'll be damned if I want to see anyone with the morals of Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reid and the rest of the liberals, Republican or Democrat, do anything positive for this nation. To hell with them all. Conservativew associates of mine have expressed that they hope Obama does good. From the very start I expressed that I hope he fails.

Death before dishonor.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Excellent post OP, S&F!

They just republished, with attribution, the OCR article which just regurgitated the Rand study, without any factual underpinnings.

How much more fact do you need? Open your eyes and take a good look! This is not happening in some clandestine manner, it's happening right in front of you! Right now!!

Pax

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
On the same vein, attention deserves being drawn to Bill S 510, the Food Modernization bill which will also link to Codex Alimentarius. Critics are calling it a hissing snake in the grass.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

we have awhile until we have to worry about 'obamacare'.

its not implemented so why complain about it. shouting at an invisible threat.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't think we should expect aliens to be friendly. For all we know they could actually be dangerous. Why should we assume that they are peaceful?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS

If you look at the facts of MY post... lol, you'll discover that several of the allegations made in support of this post came directly from government agencies... not Rand... not OCR...

Have a grand day!...

Well, I read and re-read your post and the only thing you cite is the CATO report. You can't just list things and call them facts with no references of any kind.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
Can you be more specific when you say if you do "this thing"? What is this thing?

And can you elaborate on what your "trigger finger and a gun" have to do with "this thing" you want to do?

I believe the "this thing" he is referring to is keeping the country from crumbling into a complete mess, a slum. I believe he wants to help the common man and thinks that neither the democrats or republicans care about that, or the truth, or about what works, but push their agenda and are able to lie about cause and effect to a mass of citizens who, on average, are not capable of intelligent thought or critical thinking but instead can be spoon-fed facts and not even bother to realize that they don't go together coherently.

This kind of citizen would be completely capable of signing a paper handing over their house and family for a candy bar just to have the candy bar, and then complain the next day when they didn't have a house or a family and their candy bar was gone.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylermbell

we have awhile until we have to worry about 'obamacare'.

its not implemented so why complain about it. shouting at an invisible threat.

Sure, that makes sense. I have time to pay next months rent, why worry about that today? I have time to get my work done, why do it now?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tylermbell

You are correct. It's not going to happen for four years but we still are going to pay the freight for it starting now. Taxed for something we can't use and probably won't be able too by the time they let it become effective!
Zindo

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Aw, I don't think it's that people are unintelligent. I think they have just become so harried (yes, some of that is self-inflicted, but still) and mostly, so baffled-with-bulls***, that it's more than most of us can take anymore. We just throw up our hands & figure we have no control anyway. (unfortunately, this cycle is kinda cementing that impression of "they're going to do stuff anyway")
I think- I HOPE, that Washington (& sometimes on a more local level) has become a mess of such magnitude that all anyone will say is NO!! Just get out!!- clear them all out & start over with a clean (hopefully, literally) slate. I sure hope we hurry!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join