It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate: Should We Fear or Welcome Alien Contact?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

The most important thing in the universe is to see the truth, not just for the sake of it but because you get in-touch with your inner self.

I'm alot more self aware and consciously active since i got interested in teh UFO subject.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer
reply to post by ofhumandescent

You must also try and look at it from thier point of view. They know what effects this could have maybe thats why they havent showed themselves yet.

That is a possibility...but i doubt it.What about all the stories of abductions....mind rapings.Torture experiments...causing excruciating pain.

Im sorry if its aliens doing this...would you classify this is 'good' or 'friendship'?

Like i said before i have been accused of self-projecting and i have stated that those that say aliens will be peaceful are hypocrits(not you man).

Why?

Answer me this.

Why does aliens have to stop war before they reach the stars? if you answer "they will kill themeslves before hand".

SAYS WHO? Lets imagine that these aliens hold regular bouts of war...almost like a competetion....is that far fetched?

They jockey for resorces through war competetion.It could be a sport...like nations gather around every few yrs and have a 'olympic war cup' or something like that?

And they outlawed the atomic bomb from these competetions?

maybe the aliens have entirely different definitions of war then we do? maybe war is a past time?

Can you deny this is possible? we know we get pleasure out of violence..its a proven fact.

We have NO idea how aliens think or how there culture is....so how can you say they have to be peaceful?

Maybe WE have to be SOMEWHAT peaceful to reach the stars...but other species may be just as warlike as ever and be in the stars.

Thats self-projecting. the other problem is.....maybe they dont even HAVE emotions.

Maybe just maybe they are like the borg. maybe they wage war because its the "easiest and most cost effective form of requiring resources".

maybe they wage war just because THEY WANT TO.

you may ask "how could they do that?"

why does a serial killer kill? serial killers tend to be a different breed of human..totally lacking empathy...who says the aliens cant be like that?

we look at things from entirly too hman eyes. does the lion feel gilt for killing the gazelle and its children? THINK ABOUT IT!

SELF-PROJECTING!!

[edit on 4-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddyweiser
I don't understand why would a race so smart travel all this way to start war it just does not compute I think too many people here are caught up in movies.

Completely agree. Roswell happened in 1947. Lets debate about Stephen Hawking not considering the fact Aliens have already been here.

You should welcome alien contact. I've had one encounter but I was so scared naturally. It is quite the paranormal experience.

I don't see what the big deal is with alien visitors, the old saying, "it is what it is"

You can't stop aliens from approaching our planet.

How do we know if human space explorers or soldiers exist and protect our planet and work with beings from other Galaxies, and have been for the past 10's of thousands of years?

I mean, are we suggesting that we should quarantine off our entire planet from alien visitors?

Then why would we attempt to go into space if it's so dangerous? It's safer for us to get into a ship and venture off into the unknown than the unknown coming to us? Are we suppose to block out our Sun? Aliens can find Earth just as we are discovering exoplanets, radio waves that we broadcast out into space are nothing compared to what the Sun emits.

If you want to scale things down, people have to go through metal detectors, security checks, get padded down, fill out forms, present I.D., scan a badge, thumb print, signature, etc.

Now can't we scale up to a visitor from Space? What kind of clearance would they have to go through?

To me that seems the most logical, we have a lot of stuff in space, seems easy to have some sort of "doorbell" satellite up there too.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

reply to post by randomname

Sorry but i gotta pop this into the subject

Do you think all aliens could look human but such as greys and reptillian descriptions etc, could they be space suits lol.

Anyone got a view on this.

For all we know, there could be aliens who are 2000 miles tall and wish to use the last remaining "Water ball" in their first official galactic game of Footplanet.
They could actually be reptilian, or the could be intelligent bugs. Just think, to add to your post, could a species whose intolerant to members of it's own species based on skin color, which possibly has something to do with environmental conditions, possibly except living next to a 20 foot lizard man.

How about a 20 foot praying mantis who was the best darn Christian on the planet. The answer is no.

Maybe I'll start a post and see how many people would like to live next to a 4 ton spanish speaking giraffe.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwellewd

Oo lol ok.

On a brighter note, what would you do if the whole alien thing was engineered by the goverment and it never actually existed. UFO`s were all U.S space crafts or some crazy stuff like that.

Only asking because i heard a while back that the whole roswell thing was a lie to scare the russians. Whats your opinion?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man

Originally posted by Buddyweiser
I don't understand why would a race so smart travel all this way to start war it just does not compute I think too many people here are caught up in movies.

I mean, are we suggesting that we should quarantine off our entire planet from alien visitors?

This is exactly what we should do.....them being hostile is only the TIP of the iceberg. What if they bring some kind of super bacteria that is 10 times as worse then spanish flu. What if they let off some kind of pheromones that work like small pox...or pheromones that make poison us or make us high.

Or even pheromones that can control our thoughts. they dont even have to be hostile to kill our species......really those that want aliens to visit us need to take a second thought.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
"IF" an alien race was aware of us, and has been visiting us for some time, as some have suggested, and this race hasn't taken us out yet, we should probably not fear them. Chances are they have 'Columbus' like experiences in their own history and would be aware of the impact they would make on our civilization. At first we would try to emulate them, then we would lose our heritage to assimilation. In all likelihood any advanced race would avoid contact until we reached special maturity. This way we would be able to grasp their world, yet retain our own. That is of course assuming they AREN'T hostile.
I'm an optimist though. But truly a species advanced as that would probably posses a more refined sense of logic, which may seem 'cold' or 'unsympathetic' to us. However we must not suffer the confines of ethnocentrism. Only through our own willingness to understand what is ahead of us can we find the path to survive it.

But seriously, what are the odds XD

[edit on 4-5-2010 by JunoJive]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

In all likelyhood the only probable reason for E.T`s to attack us is if we are hostile towards them. Think about it if they wanted to kill use why not have done it by now. and if they wanted us as slaves why havent they taken us already.

Maybe we are them, they seeded our planet with what we needed. No idea.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Oo lol ok.

On a brighter note, what would you do if the whole alien thing was engineered by the goverment and it never actually existed. UFO`s were all U.S space crafts or some crazy stuff like that.

Only asking because i heard a while back that the whole roswell thing was a lie to scare the russians. Whats your opinion?

You talking to me? if you are....im sorry im new to ATS...your thread just made me want to sign up.

i dont know if ats has a reply alert thing or not.

But answering your question....then the jokes on all of you is it not? We already know they keep technology that is decades ahead of what we have now locked up underground...so i would not doubt it for a second.

If its true....then i would need to decide who to be more cautious of....the possible hostile aliens or the government i ALREADY know is hostile.

Kind of like the devil you know rather then the one you dont.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

you asked one question now your tying to spin off in all kinds of directions let's just try to stay on the topic at hand. I feel the next false flag will be an Alien invasion perpetrated by tptb with project blue beam to make us think we are being attacked by Aliens but in reality Aliens are the the only gods we have ever known.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddyweiser

sorry just answering a previous question dude.

Didnt mean to sound so absurd.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Hey no problem I know how you feel when you get all this feedback you just want to ask more questions.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

In all likelyhood the only probable reason for E.T`s to attack us is if we are hostile towards them. Think about it if they wanted to kill use why not have done it by now. and if they wanted us as slaves why havent they taken us already.

Maybe we are them, they seeded our planet with what we needed. No idea.

Like i said before i dont classify them kidnapping and torturing us as friendly.If it is them(and not our government)doing it...there actions could technically be taken as a declaration of war.

I have no idea why they have not killed us off...maybe they need us? we will never know what they think...but there actions have turned me and millions against them thats for sure....because friendly people dont torture you..and cause psychological trauma and if thats some sort of greeting or some crap like that....then i dont want our species EVER establishing contact with them.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

well if everyone theory on the goverment already contacting them is true, wouldnt the goverment have allowed them to take samples on us, and observations, atleast thats what all the popular beliefs are.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

i know

Too bad when i'm offline for a while though i get back on and thier is soo many questions and feedback i have to cherrypick them or i would spam the thread with reply after reply

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Oo lol ok.

I've heard this too, and because I've been known to be a "whack job" I'll add my craziness to this subject. Though I'm not sold on the NWO faked invasion, I've been saying this all my life. Minus the NWO part.

Most people here have a longing to know what's beyond our planet. NASA, the organization I grew up to cherish and love, has let me down time and time again. I don't blame them. But, most people I know do not give a damn about space. Not one bit. Not with American Idol on. They are so STUPID, that they think nothing will benefit mankind by a space program, and the money would be better spent on failed social programs to feed fat welfare recipients and fund African civil wars.

Since I've been studying this since the day I saw my first mountain on the moon through a pair of sh#tty binoculars, I came to realize that it's been the media, possibly pushed by government through NASA, that has helped the case of making people not interested in space. One way of doing this is by giving missions which will take place years later, like how we're now going to mars in 20 to 30 years.
No one is going to care in that amount of time. We live in a society where we want our Big Macs NNOOOWWW! and we want it our way. We don't want to wait 30 years to see someone step on the surface of mars and plant a flag and say, " WooHoo, we did it"

So, to sum up something which I wish to bring up in a thread of it's own, I think that since there is going to be private space flight right around the year 2012 ( 2012, maybe a new space age....anyone hit that note on ATS yet? No? k, I'll run with it) to include corporate transportation and space lodging, people are going to see if there are UFO's surrounding the planet and put this one to rest.

Or we will nuke the whole damn planet and then Jesus will come down in a UFO and ring in the new 1000 years of peace.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Dwellewd]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaderel
More likely they should be afraid of us.

We are a violent, heavily armed, untrustworthy species.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by Gaderel]

yes. You hit the nail on the head.

In fact I think the aliens knew about earth millions of years ago and they come and go even to this day however they won't have anything to do with us for those exact reasons. We have enough weapons to destroy our own planet 1000 times over and we will use them on each other. If I went on a space ship to another planet and I saw the species on that planet murder and enslave its own people as actively as we do, I would stay the hell away from them too.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

well if everyone theory on the goverment already contacting them is true, wouldnt the goverment have allowed them to take samples on us, and observations, atleast thats what all the popular beliefs are.

I dont care if our governments allowed them....the governments dont represent humanity or those individuals that were tortured and mind raped(assuming the stories are true).

and if they did the stupid mfers could have destroyed our race anyways...they even sent out a blood sample in space.

the aliens could make a weapon to specifically target our species...like nano-robots.....THIS IS WHY YOU DONT MAKE CONTACT!

even michio kaku says not to seek them out!

[edit on 4-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

i know

Too bad when i'm offline for a while though i get back on and thier is soo many questions and feedback i have to cherrypick them or i would spam the thread with reply after reply
sorry if im spamming the board..i just have so many ideas....everytime i go on ATS my brain just explodes with ideas.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I just have to add this but ever since i stopped watching tv and started using this site i actually think, its like when i was watching tv i didnt want to, like i was being told subconsciously. Very wierd i watch tv maybe 2 minutes a day lol as i walk past my girlfriend as she watches her soaps

Every bit of information i recieve changes my views.

I just also want to add that do you ever feel like your meant for something different or more important.

Oo and since your being nice can you tell me if you have ever had a time in your life were you lost hearing for a sec and noise dims out and you hear a high pitch noise in your ear. Happend to me a few times. i always ask

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join