It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate: Should We Fear or Welcome Alien Contact?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think technology surpasses whether stars are homes to aliens.. For instints with enough technology you need no stars.. With enough technology you can live anywhere, and be anything. As posters above me said, as I dodged the trolls, the ape experiment. Quite frankly I believe we have evolved from two forms of homosapiens Neanderthals and the cro magnons.. It seems more Neanderthals are exisistning now then cro magnons. Also hey a star every now and again would be nice if you wanna take my star trek, topic to your conclusions..

if I sound like everyone else fine.. Just a lil star every now and then..

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

What I fear is that Aliens won't fear us or hate us, they will just be apathetic toward humanity. If it's in their best interest for them to take over this planet then they will. If it's in their best interest to talk to us then they will. If we are to trade with these aliens, then what will we trade to a interstellar civilization?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Why fear it?

It's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right? Has to end sometime.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think if anyone wants to blame anything on how us humans have turned out....i would blame the very thing many ATS members worship.....evolution.Many of you who think aliens will be peaceful worship evolution like a god...its practically a religious doctrine and darwin is your god.

But what confuses me is....if you people believe in evolution so much...you should be blaming it. Evolution is the reason we are so violent...not religion,not lack of resources(though that has something to do with it).

The world and most likely the universe goes by the one commen natural law...only the strong survive.By denying this factor into thinking about how aliens might be.....its a logical fallacy.How did we become the sole masters of this planet...out of all the animals with better senses,better strength and speed,better natural weapons such as claws and teeth.

The anwser dear ATS members is not that it was our intelligence(though that played a rather large role)...the anwser is we knew the universes most highest law of all...only the strong survive.

We became the most murderous b!stards in the jungle....we killed everything that got in our way..we became a SUPER PREDATOR.

To survive we followed the rules.....kill,kill,kill,kill.

Why should the universe be any different?Im sure everyone could agree that aliens have had to at least follow our evolutionary pattern in a certain sense. They probably are predators like we are...because i cant imagine a herbivore building starships and what not.Why build anything to gather food when you can bend over and eat grass or some other plant?

And they most likely had to kill to get to the top of the foodchain.Are you denying this?

I have been accused of self-projecting my humanity on aliens by those that advocate that aliens are peaceful.....i would retort that it is actually YOU that are self-projecting. You are projecting what YOU desire for HUMANS to be on aliens.....it does not happen like that.

You take all your desires for how you want humanity as a whole to be.....you want us to be space hippies..admit it.

to deny this is ignorance.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It's night, and you are dropped in to the City Zoo. All cages have been opened.
- do you feel like making friends?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The aliens jump started us thousands of years ago maybe they are hear to give us another evolutionary boost. I would love to be invited into the more advanced glactic family. Many of us here on ATS know that governments have witheld knowledge of extraterrestrials for years. Disclosure is on the way faster than you think. Hang on to your seats cause things are going to get real interesting.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
WE can't get along with ourselves how the heck we going to get along with aliens ?
In the past everytime we ran into someone different we had to kill, convert.
Plus have sex with their women, I wonder what real alien sex is like, wonder what kind of SDs they carry.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If the earth was conquerable as Hawkin's fears it would have happened long ago. There are balancing forces among the ETs. The lower ETs fear over exposure and rejection and the higher ETs are generally uncomfortable with the human condition and the mind of man. The will of a group of people is a very powerful force. The "Dark" forces and the light forces avoid stirring the pot unnecessarily. The big difference between Columbus and today is the # of humans exposed at one time and the power of that group consciousness. Much higher forces may avoid contact because it will cause too great a stirring of latent (dormant) karma and the potential unleashing of large amount of individual chaos.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

Evolution on this planet has most definitely followed this course for us. Aggression = More Resources = More Procreation which in turn is the fuel for evolution and genetic variation.

However, we cant say how evolution has operated on other planets, and what paths a species on an alien planet has taken to gain dominance.

That being said, I would find it hard to believe that any other species would be 100% evil or 100% good as others have said.

Looking at our world as a microcosm of the universe, some dogs will wag their tails, others will take your arm off and beat you to death with the wet end, makes sense to be cautious before you pat them.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ansuzrune
The aliens jump started us thousands of years ago maybe they are hear to give us another evolutionary boost. I would love to be invited into the more advanced glactic family. Many of us here on ATS know that governments have witheld knowledge of extraterrestrials for years. Disclosure is on the way faster than you think. Hang on to your seats cause things are going to get real interesting.

I dont want to be mean...but this is the exact mentality im worried about. If all of humanity thinks like this.....dear god help us.I say if you want to see aliens so bad you might get your wish....so when a UFO flys over your all our heads and says "get on earthlings" while all of you get on with happy little grins on your faces,i think i will stay in my house with my rifle.

But im warning you...if you get on that UFO...you wont be seeing earths blue waters EVER again.

Did any of you people see independence day(yes i know a alien invasion movie..how droll)but you people that think aliens will be our friends and 'lift us up' will be those at the top of the roof of that building with signs and partying.

good god...are all of you this naive?

yes that must be what it is...you cant be ignorant...your just naive.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It might not have yet occured to anyone around here, but what if we humans are already the alien empire that invaded the Earth a very long time ago ? So long time ago, that we humans alive today, are almost but not fully, failing to remember our other worldly origin. In typical alien fashion we are destroying the Earth with our out of control over reproduction and the ever on going violence we perpetrate apon nature. Now again we construct weapons of mass destruction imitating the mistakes of our ancestors now forgotten. We rape the Earth. We subjugate her. Our violence will kill her and thus we will die too. Surely if we were really children of mother earth then we would not be behaving in such an alien manner ?

To be honest with you my theory is that the interstellar aliens are, and always have been, around us all the time. However, they are being very discrete. My belief is that they are using highly advanced paranormal science to render themselves invisible to our perception. You can read about this highly advanced paranormal science in the following book. "THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE" by MICHAEL TALBOT. Published 1991 by Harper Collins publishers. ISBN 0-586-09171-8. I include a short video by Carl Sagan to help you to comprehend what I believe is going on.

Google Video Link

"WE ONLY SEE WHAT WE BELIEVE IS POSSIBLE". So, according to this adage, persons who are not able to understand the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos, are thus not going to be disturbed by the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos. However, those who do understand the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos, are thus more likely to experience the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos. Just because one is not able to see and hear and touch the object or person, does not mean that others cannot see and hear and touch the object or person. Look long enough and one might also be able to see and hear and touch the object or person, even though to begin with the object or person was invisible to your perception of reality. In my comprehension of the Cosmos, I believe it to be the case that what we see as material reality, is not of our own choosing, but rather is entirely in the Hand of God. One is at the Mercy of God. It is the Power of God that is deciding our destiny. Buddhists call this the Law of Kharma. If you read the following book you will begin to understand the situation. "THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE" by author MICHAEL TALBOT published 1991 by Harper Collins. ISBN 0-586-09171-8.

Well in the light of the above I will now show you that there is, in proximity to the International Space Station, ISS, what appears to be evidence of an alien presence. Please inspect the following images, taken by STS-106, as the Atlantis shuttle is approaching the ISS for docking. Notice that there are some strange lights visible in the lower portion of the picture. These are not stars as they are clearly in formation. How can this be ? I believe that these are actually NAVIGATION LIGHTS on an alien space facility that to our perception is entirely invisible except that the NAVIGATION LIGHTS are showing. Original article at [url=http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/evidence-reports/2010/184/fake-starfield.htm]>SKIPPERSTS-106

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Right now there are reptilians all over our planet and under the seas and ground who are highly intelligent, albeit #ing retarded to cross mankind.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

From your comments I am led to believe you are of Mormon faith. if I am wrong, read anyway. Which is to say that you believe God is a physical being living on the planet of Colub/coleb( apologies on spelling ) which means in basic human understanding God is and Alien. Mary was not a virgin, being as God had intercourse with her, and that black people were cursed until 1987. Beyond all that all Christian based religions say "judge not lest ye be judge", so it is not for you to say anyone deserves to burn in hell. Perhaps we are the children of an alien who sought to right a wrong of his people. Or perhaps we are alone. Either way I say that we should mind our own business and focus on our earth, and if E.T. comes down, as them to leave us to fix our wrongs. No one learns from having another person do it for them.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Regardless i dont think we should be broadcasting where we are out in space....this is pure insanity.

THIS IS NOT A GAME PEOPLE!!

This is for the SPECIES....does this escape your NOTICE!!???

Do you even care?many of you have said "if they are hostile they can kill us easily....so what lets contact them". im so glad you ATS members are okay with us being potentially wiped off the face of the earth...exterminated like commen mice...IM NOT.I happen to love my species...even though we are flawed..even the racists,even the homosexuals,everyone..i love my species.

i may disagree with so many of your lifestyles...your orientations..your religions....BUT i would lay my life down for you...BECAUSE YOUR HUMAN.

we need to recognize to survive the great leap forward into space and possible into the jaws of other species we need to be together.

and you people are so CARELESS about the safety of our people...it boggles the mind.

its pure insanity in my opinion...its comparable to mad scientists...you are so curious and SO want to be proven right about aliens...that you endanger everyone else.....pure insanity.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
A slightly different question would be: Should a piss-ant fear or welcome human contact? My observations would lead me to conclude that should a piss-ant cross the path of a human there is a high probability that said human may crush the pest underfoot. I have not seen many humans get down close to a piss-ant and discuss advanced science with the little guys, have you?

Bottom line...like Hawking said, avoid contact with higher developed alien beings. You may just find yourselves "crushed underfoot".

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire

what would be the incentive to invent new things.....to become better??

the human mind works in 'risk/reward' mentality.

if there is no 'reward' why do anything?

if you say "for the greater good of humanity"......many humans would say "screw that...WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT!!"

thats just what we are?

do you think humanity will live with being second best to aliens...no our very nature commands us to be the best...or we become envious and jealous.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by tauempire]

Your quick to point out the worst in humanity though. We survived by working together, not by acting exclusively with sole interests.

Of course......, the incentive is to better ourselves and the technologies we use. We are curious and adventure bound by default. Pushing a new frontier IS the reward, I just hope its not turned into a $$ factor out there as well.

See this is where im dishearten with humanities current path. Its pure #$^ing greed, & too many people in high places that process it at the expense of everyone else. From a young age we are conditioned by everything around us. so inadvertently of course we're perpetuating the system, its all we know. But things always change my friend. Its a cheezy saying, but the world is exactly what we make of it. If a concept is brought fourth into action, and a view supported by the masses, then it exists. Plain & simple

Lets take America & Australia for example. Your nation believes everyone has the right to bear arms, where as in Australia, due to different mentality, it s the total opposite.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by vspec13]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlawfullPriest
reply to post by Moonman1111

From your comments I am led to believe you are of Mormon faith. if I am wrong, read anyway. Which is to say that you believe God is a physical being living on the planet of Colub/coleb( apologies on spelling ) which means in basic human understanding God is and Alien. Mary was not a virgin, being as God had intercourse with her, and that black people were cursed until 1987. Beyond all that all Christian based religions say "judge not lest ye be judge", so it is not for you to say anyone deserves to burn in hell. Perhaps we are the children of an alien who sought to right a wrong of his people. Or perhaps we are alone. Either way I say that we should mind our own business and focus on our earth, and if E.T. comes down, as them to leave us to fix our wrongs. No one learns from having another person do it for them.

I'm just a regular Christian. God being the maker of everything seen and unseen can't be an alien because that would make him a creation and not a creator. All of mankind are victims of aliens and unclean spirits one way or another. As human beings, we have Christs authority over serpents and they know this and hate it and we can judge them as much as we like as long as they are not human. We just can't judge 'OUR' FELLOW MAN. Let the dragon look after the reptilians and Nordics, not our problem because we will stand the victor over them when all is said and done. Lord Jehovah will not tolerate their # forever

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm not saying I thought of this before Hawkings at all but when I was a child I thought that broadcasting our position to unknown beings was not on par with how humans act at all. This ahs always been my strongest point in thinking that whether there are intelligent beings in space is known by people already.

It doesn't seem like something our species would do unless they were already sure. Would anyone go off making noise in the woods unless you knew what kind of predators were there? No. You, I nor no one but the incautious would.

I would welcome an alien civilization, the same I would welcome any community from this planet. If they were peaceful, then the space age would be yesterdays news in no time. If they were hostile, then I would be on board for a full space war.

And, BTW, I just love how everyone and their brother assumes that if their are "beings" from another planet and they master space travel, then these beings would be so advanced that they would destroy us.

Where do you get that? From Star Trek. Or was it Star Wars. You know, the wheel was a very powerful breakthrough in technology for it's time, but it is practically useless against a cannon. Let's check the assumptions at the door until we can actually feel, smell, see, and/or touch our conspiracies. LOL

Sorry about that last part, it was rude. On a side note, I have from personal experience caught wind that the Christian underground will see space beings as "daemons" and others think that the NWO will stage humans as aliens. I fear we will be the hostile ones. It will be a New World Order, indeed.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Fear-controlled monkeys (not to insult actual monkeys) please carry on grasping those vines and swinging about your jungle as gleefully as your pea-sized brains desire. Please continue detesting and rejecting objectivity in favor of your various religious, political and scientific BELIEFS from now until... however much longer you can last doing so. No reasonably evolved species will ever have anything to do with you. Consider yourselves forsaken, unless somehow (collectively) YOU and you alone, or the more heroic and intelligent among you, can prove otherwise. P.U.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
reply to post by True-seer

If we are to trade with these aliens, then what will we trade to a interstellar civilization?

We can trade our best Lager Beer with a interstellar civilization.

No, I'm serious here. Just imagine what a million years of brewing experience will yield!

But sadly, if they're anything like us (which God help us if they are) than they'll just slaughter us and take our best resources anyway just like we did to the people of the Americas.

Let us pray that they've gotten all of that nastiness out of their systems by the time that they meet us.

Then we can all drink some beer together and trade like civilized folks do.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join