It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Sniper Kills Taliban 1.5 Miles Away

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Longy4eva

I can only hope some british soldier sees this

you don't pick and choose your fights, you join for your country, the government send you on something you don't believe in, but you go anyway, whether you believe in it or not.

People like you disgust me, enough said.

I'm sure plenty of British soldiers already have... are you saying I should be worried? Are you inciting violence? Oh, you're Army, so that's all you would know. No I'm not the slightest bit concerned. I could not care less who reads this, you think I'd post it if I was in any way worried about offending squaddies?

I don't condone violence, 'mate', you're right. Certainly don't need a 'head check', I'm perfectly happy with what I've said, and if you bothered to read it properly you'd see I'm not advocating killings on either side, but that could take a lot of effort, to actually ascertain the real meaning behind what I said and not to just jump the gun, right?.

Walking away IS a valid option if you have an ounce of moral fibre and a set of balls about you... 'people like you' wouldn't understand that though - just blindly follow your orders, you'll do just fine. Next stop, Wooten Basset? That'll teach 'em to trust their government, but no sadly it doesn't, there's still a fresh crop of wide eyed idiots the next year waiting to pick up a machine gun and let loose in the Middle East, even though well over 90% won't give a straight answer as to why they're there - because they don't have a clue. They're told who the boogey man is and most of them fall hook, line and sinker.

I make a habit of not associating with most squaddies on any occasion because the Army is a f***ed up institution that breeds violent, aggressive, pig-headed tossers, because, as a poster mentioned earlier, they believe they are 'the best of the best' and the arrogance that comes with that is just unwarranted and frankly the less squaddies out on a weekend the better - Britains bad for violence, but when the sqaddies are home it's a sodding joke - they're mostly animals and the Army did that to them, so don't assume you have an inkling of why I dislike the Army, or aquaddies in general.

I really can't be bothered reading everything you say

Clearly!

As for taliban fighters not occupying western countries, i suppose you were 'looking the other way' when several homes suspected of housing taliban members in england, birmingham i believe were raided and found to contain massive amounts of ied's and explosives.

Of course they were, the danger's all around you, quick lock the door and hide the kids.. oh noes we're doomed
Give me a break from the propaganda. So there's a couple of guys making fertilizer bombs? I'd be more worried about getting knifed by a chav. Well I survived 2 IRA attacks in this country, and they weren't drills, the IRA meant business, so I'm not worrying about 'fundamentalist muslims' who apparently have only ever successfully detonated 4 bombs here... all on the same day... and every other time they've found and thwarted the attempt, oh how wonderfully convenient for us :\

I don't agree with the war, but people like you wind me up to no end with your preaching and terrorist-sympathetic views.

OK, you don't agree with the war, well you had all of us fooled there. For a minute there it really sounded like you were 100% behind the troops... I guess you're not. As for sympathizing, I don't empathize with either side - both are war mongers, and I condemn the actions on all sides... we weren't asked to invade their country though, in which case we are the aggressor, ergo, we are in the wrong.

So, in summary... People like YOU disgust me, enough said.

reply to post by gambon

You proved a point by saying they 'blow up metro's' etc... That's NOT the reason we're there. 7/7/05 we were well into Afghanistan, And no I don't believe for one second that a moderate Muslim school teacher from Leeds planted that bomb... not for one second - how gullible are you? Oh, you're Army too? So pretty damn gullible I guess. Oh, and on that subject did you see they are training here with fake mosques on the firing ranges? Strategic, because all the enemy are Muslim?? Hate breeders, that's what it is.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Pr0t0]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
reply to post by xxcalbier

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but these two were MANNING A MACHINE GUN! Kind of makes them fair game in my book.

Probably the same people where screaming mad at the american apache killing taliban, who had an RPG, and screaming murder!

I say good shot to the sniper rifle!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

Originally posted by palg1
reply to post by earthdude

Earthdud,
How would you approach a machine gun nest in order to make that arrest? Please explain...

With diplomacy, not the bullets of democracy we are using.

I see your diplomacy and raise you 1 Taliban bullet to the head... I believe that's a royal flush!

Seriously, a guy is shooting at you and yours and you think you would just be able to walk up to him and talk him out of it?

Believe me, I don't agree with war or killing and I would like to believe that there are always ways around it, but I also know that here in reality land, there are certain times when violence is necessary, especially when under enemy fire on enemy ground.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0

I can only hope some british soldier sees this

you don't pick and choose your fights, you join for your country, the government send you on something you don't believe in, but you go anyway, whether you believe in it or not.

People like you disgust me, enough said.

I'm sure plenty of British soldiers already have... are you saying I should be worried? Are you inciting violence? Oh, you're Army, so that's all you would know. No I'm not the slightest bit concerned. I could not care less who reads this, you think I'd post it if I was in any way worried about offending squaddies?

I don't condone violence, 'mate', you're right. Certainly don't need a 'head check', I'm perfectly happy with what I've said, and if you bothered to read it properly you'd see I'm not advocating killings on either side, but that could take a lot of effort, to actually ascertain the real meaning behind what I said and not to just jump the gun, right?.

Walking away IS a valid option if you have an ounce of moral fibre and a set of balls about you... 'people like you' wouldn't understand that though - just blindly follow your orders, you'll do just fine. Next stop, Wooten Basset? That'll teach 'em to trust their government, but no sadly it doesn't, there's still a fresh crop of wide eyed idiots the next year waiting to pick up a machine gun and let loose in the Middle East, even though well over 90% won't give a straight answer as to why they're there - because they don't have a clue. They're told who the boogey man is and most of them fall hook, line and sinker.

I make a habit of not associating with most squaddies on any occasion because the Army is a f***ed up institution that breeds violent, aggressive, pig-headed tossers, because, as a poster mentioned earlier, they believe they are 'the best of the best' and the arrogance that comes with that is just unwarranted and frankly the less squaddies out on a weekend the better - Britains bad for violence, but when the sqaddies are home it's a sodding joke - they're mostly animals and the Army did that to them, so don't assume you have an inkling of why I dislike the Army, or aquaddies in general.

I really can't be bothered reading everything you say

Clearly!

As for taliban fighters not occupying western countries, i suppose you were 'looking the other way' when several homes suspected of housing taliban members in england, birmingham i believe were raided and found to contain massive amounts of ied's and explosives.

Of course they were, the danger's all around you, quick lock the door and hide the kids.. oh noes we're doomed
Give me a break from the propaganda. So there's a couple of guys making fertilizer bombs? I'd be more worried about getting knifed by a chav. Well I survived 2 IRA attacks in this country, and they weren't drills, the IRA meant business, so I'm not worrying about 'fundamentalist muslims' who apparently have only ever successfully detonated 4 bombs here... all on the same day... and every other time they've found and thwarted the attempt, oh how wonderfully convenient for us :\

I don't agree with the war, but people like you wind me up to no end with your preaching and terrorist-sympathetic views.

OK, you don't agree with the war, well you had all of us fooled there. For a minute there it really sounded like you were 100% behind the troops... I guess you're not. As for sympathizing, I don't empathize with either side - both are war mongers, and I condemn the actions on all sides... we weren't asked to invade their country though, in which case we are the aggressor, ergo, we are in the wrong.

So, in summary... People like YOU disgust me, enough said.

reply to post by gambon

You proved a point by saying they 'blow up metro's' etc... That's NOT the reason we're there. 7/7/05 we were well into Afghanistan, And no I don't believe for one second that a moderate Muslim school teacher from Leeds planted that bomb... not for one second - how gullible are you? Oh, you're Army too? So pretty damn gullible I guess. Oh, and on that subject did you see they are training here with fake mosques on the firing ranges? Strategic, because all the enemy are Muslim?? Hate breeders, that's what it is.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Pr0t0]

DO NOT MISQUOTE ME
ERR HELLO I DID NOT SAY ANY OF THOSE THINGS.....not one RE READ WHAT I WROTE < AND THEN REPLY to the points I made if you want ....BUT DONT MAKE STUFF UP TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK GOOD >>>>!!!!!!!!

and you DO seem to condone violence , what do you think the 2 guys were doing with a heavy machine gun....polishing it????? what you seem to mean is you sympathise with the "enemy" ....as they use just as much violence but seem in the right to you?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

sorry about that batman, i clicked the wrong threadpiece, the 'reply' wasn't strictly aimed at you, i was in a rush and wanted to say my piece, saw the writing scrolled and clicked reply.. i was replying to the person who you quoted, but clicked yours.. blonde moment!

But anyway, i personally won't be wasting any more of my time with someone as deluded to thing Al Qaeda are 'just doing their job'.

Again, sorry about that misreply Gambon

Edit: Proto, you're going on an awful lot. are you surprised i don't want to read all your drivel? If you noticed which i doubt you have, i'm not backing any wars, i don't see where i said it. However, for the men and women who have to be there as part of their contract with the British Army, I fully support their safe return.

[edit on 6/5/10 by Longy4eva]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
no worries , i thought it was proto tbh ....lol

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
We need guys like him down here along the mexican border. Seriously.

Pick off those cockroaches one by one.

Peace

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Well, I won't add anything more, but to those who felt it necessary to ignore me, that's fine, I'm sorry you felt that way, and to all the others hope you understand that, though I could have worded my opinion a little more tactfully perhaps, my opinion will not change.

I don't want to see soldiers returning in boxes - that's clearly the last thing that should be happening, my point is that they shouldn't have to be there and those who aren't willing to break their contract, which I would i.e. I don't leave my morals at home when I leave the house, I cannot condone their actions.

I'll end simply by saying sorry to those who have family and friends out there, I genuinely hope they make it back safe, and to anyone I've offended here sometimes my approach is harsh and I hope not to deter you from speaking with me again in other threads.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Pr0t0]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join