It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Sniper Kills Taliban 1.5 Miles Away

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
reply to post by Longy4eva

And, judging from the ranks near me in Catterick - the rudest, most arrogant, clueless, aggressive, jumped up pricks to ever walk the face of the planet.

Screw the British army - if you don't come home of your own volition because you're not welcomed in the Middle East, then let it be in a box.

Wow thats quite a rant there.

Have you had personal experience with the British Army? I ask because that is some hatred you have there. Whether you like soldiers or not, does that warrant them coming home in a box?

In fact the more i read that post, the more i'm intrigued about your history, the person and experiences behind the kind of rant that usualy comes from a radical, not someone from Catterick for gods sake!

CX.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

What a truely dispicable thing to say. I think you should go back and edit that post. So British soldiers deserve to come home in a box? You sound suspiciousy like someone who was banned yesterday for making similar comments.

CX

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by palg1

And regardless of what you think, those Taliban fighters were doing their job - they weren't necessarily bad guys, just following orders, same as the duped coalition.

So you've said it yourself there, both sides, the Taliban and the British soldiers were just doing there job. As you say, neither are neccessarily bad guys, just following orders.

With that out of the way, there is just the thread topic to coment on.....the amazing shot by the sniper.

Had it been a Taliban sniper that had made a 1.5mile shot, whilst it would have been a different reaction from myself in that it would be sad a Britsh soldier died, i would have still said it would be an amazing shot by the Taliban sniper.

CX.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

That was no rant, and no I don't post with aliases. I didn't say that's what I want to happen - every decision has a consequence - action, reaction - and the consequence of being a soldier who does not understand nor question why he's at war, the ethics of the conflict, and continues to kill foreigners in their homelands, ruling out the self defense argument, and even though they have no idea what it is they're fighting for is that is they come home in boxes. That's the consequence, and that's what the Army needs - brainless, willing, unquestioning lambs to the slaughter. Don't have a pop at me, I didn't send them and I sure as hell warned all of those I know in the army.

So the way it should be read is that I have no sympathy whatsoever for those who make the choice to fight, without hesitation, in a war that cannot be ethically or morally justified, and pay with their lives. No sympathy, and for that I make no apology. Hell, I have friends out there who I would of course mourn the loss of, forbid the worst, BUT I would not sympathize with their decision to fight and in a sense I would know that the outcome was to be expected and perhaps even deserved for the decisions and actions they took.

If you were to take the resources and funding away from projects which only serve to propagate war, and not to deter attacks as TPTB will have you believe (Trident for example - non-proliferation my arse) and focus the attention from some guy who murdered 2 people from a mile and a half away (pat on the back for that??) onto something creative, something that will actually help create a better life for those struggling here, then we're moving forward. For now the destructiveness we apparently crave is tearing the world apart, regardless your creed, colour, allegiance, whatever - if you kill for a living chances are you'll end up killed yourself - and you have no one but yourself to blame. It's EASY to say NO, enough is enough I won't do it. That's what you'd do if you really cared about your fellow soldiers.. You'd talk them into leaving.

CX

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It's EASY to say NO, enough is enough I won't do it. That's what you'd do if you really cared about your fellow soldiers.. You'd talk them into leaving.

Funny thing is, fighting wars is not the only thing soldiers do, so talking soldiers into leaving would not be as productive as you might think.

I have a feeling that like many people i've experienced before, you'd be the first one to cry "where's the army" if a security situation warranted more than police involvement.

Your previous comment about soldiers deserving coming home in a box suprises me even more now that you say you have friends serving over there.

A cracking friend, they must consider themselves very lucky indeed!

CX.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
there are times when you may need to kill to keep from being killed but if were still beating our chest after the kill then were no better then the apes in the woods.

Hi please dont compare apes or animals to humans, humans dont deserve such respect.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

It's EASY to say NO, enough is enough I won't do it. That's what you'd do if you really cared about your fellow soldiers.. You'd talk them into leaving.

Funny thing is, fighting wars is not the only thing soldiers do, so talking soldiers into leaving would not be as productive as you might think.

I have a feeling that like many people i've experienced before, you'd be the first one to cry "where's the army" if a security situation warranted more than police involvement.

Your previous comment about soldiers deserving coming home in a box suprises me even more now that you say you have friends serving over there.

A cracking friend, they must consider themselves very lucky indeed!

CX.

My friends have no problem with my understanding. I don't preach anything to them, they don't buy the BS the army sells and to them it's a job - but they're in the minority. Some of the guys I know are unlike those I described earlier and they joined purely for the money and job security - which I find very sad that in this day and age you can be so hard up that you'd sell your life for a steady wage.

See, I'm not 'rooting for the Taliban' but I'm also not getting dizzy over some guy who killed another human being either - "Yeah great f***in shot, man" it's like kids on a console, which is far more reprehensible than anything I've said here, so ethically I'm comfortably some way ahead on this.

Your comment about me 'crying "where's the army" shows you know nothing about me at all. I can fight my own battles, and will if necessary, the difference being I won't head half way across the globe on a whim that some guy told some other guy to fly a plane into a building.. see I can distinguish between fact and fiction and right and wrong, so if trouble does come knocking, the very LAST people I want to see is the Army - they only ever make things much much worse.

A soldier on duty would be as welcome at my door as a burglar, and would be treated the same. They have no business on my street - what are you implying? It's not bad enough that Britain is a police state you want to militarize the country too?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by skajkingdom

And they are terrorists because they were firing on FOREIGN soldiers who came to THEIR land and occupied it?

Hmm you are right there. We went to their land and occupied it, after they bombed the twin towers....twice. The British Army (God bless em) have every reason to hate the Taliban as well because they after all, bombed a certain subway. These aren't soldiers. These are people who want the complete destruction of all western society, and since you have internet and write english I am sure you fit into this category. Before 9/11 happened, these guys would have killed you for simply being an infidel. I want out of there as bad as you do, but my god dude. We didn't start the war with the taliban, they did. So save the bleeding heart story and go rant about the soldiers on one of those anti soldier threads. While you are at it, go to some kind of feminist demonstration and spit in the womens faces. We westerners after all, must truly despise our women to treat them as equals instead of cattle.

The shot was freaking amazing and killed the bad guys (thats right, they are still the enemy IMO). I grew up with guns and no way could I make half that distance.

/beats chest...still psyched about that shot.

So first place goes to Britain, and second to Canada. Come on America, show em what we got.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

And, judging from the ranks near me in Catterick - the rudest, most arrogant, clueless, aggressive, jumped up pricks to ever walk the face of the planet.

Screw the British army - if you don't come home of your own volition because you're not welcomed in the Middle East, then let it be in a box.

Wow, British soldiers, i would agree can be a little rude and arrogant, bu there are A-holes in all of society. They can also be aggressive, but that is the way they are trained. They are taught from the start that they are the best of the best. It is deeply ingrained into their psyche. Also they have to deal with complete ingrates like you.

Congratulations. You have the honor to be the first and possibly the only person to gain access to my ignore list.

If you don't like what the army are doing in this war, fair enough, neither do I, but don't you dare blame our lads for that. The fact that you think that they can simply disregard orders and "come home of their own volition" shows your total ignorance of the armed forces.

I have many good friends fighting for their lives out there and if I was physically able to, I would be out there with them.

You don't have to support the war, but the least you can do is support the troops.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

Wow, British soldiers, i would agree can be a little rude and arrogant, bu there are A-holes in all of society. They can also be aggressive, but that is the way they are trained. They are taught from the start that they are the best of the best. It is deeply ingrained into their psyche. Also they have to deal with complete ingrates like you.

Ingrates? Well, I suppose you could camp me there, no I do not appreciate a damned thing 'our lads' do (look at the description the adoring public pick up from the media - 'our lads' ffs) and yes if they were to at least question why we're there and come to a conclusion more informed than from the fool above who believes in the boogey man Muslim Terrorist, then they would be of the right mind to come back.

'Your boys' are nothing but political canon fodder. At least I'm saying they should come home. You just support the killing so it seems? In it for the glory?

And, they can leave as and when they choose they are not prisoners but if they object to orders they could be dishonourably discharged, but there really is no dishonour in refusing to destroy people lives.

In the words of Ms Difranco:
"I can't support the troops
Cause every last one of them is being duped"

Bring them home if you really give a sh*t about them. Sounds more like you're just happy to know there's a war going on somewhere, it gives you something to talk about and a reason to get defensive when someone speaks sense.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
reply to post by earthdude

Earthdud,
How would you approach a machine gun nest in order to make that arrest? Please explain...

With diplomacy, not the bullets of democracy we are using.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Your arguments don't hold much water. You say that you don't take side but clearly believe that our NATO forces in Afg. should be coming back in boxes unless they desert of their own accord. What about the foreign fighters of the Taliban should they not be returned in wooden boxes unless they desert?

I am tired of talking to people who talk out of both sides of their mouths.

You are going on my ignore list now, bye!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Did I read correctly? he had to aim 6 foot above the target and a foot or so to the side?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Pr0t0

Your arguments don't hold much water. You say that you don't take side but clearly believe that our NATO forces in Afg. should be coming back in boxes unless they desert of their own accord. What about the foreign fighters of the Taliban should they not be returned in wooden boxes unless they desert?

I am tired of talking to people who talk out of both sides of their mouths.

You are going on my ignore list now, bye!

Didn't your mother teach you any manners? It's very impolite to ask a question and then ignore an answer.

In answer, the foreign fighters are not occupying Britain or America, so it's a moot point. If they were, my answer would be the same as it is for all the coalition soldiers. Action, reaction. Consequences of jumping on the soldier bandwagon, and no sympathy from me.

Ignore is such a childish way to concede an argument. Seriously, if you can't handle the opinions of other people then what the hell are you even doing on the internet? It's full of opinions that don't match yours. But being that you 2 can't read this anyway, everyone else can just have a good hardy chuckle at how pathetically immature you are

Hope you guys fun on forums when the only post's you see are from people who agree with you all the time... so that's yourself, and umm... yourself.

Grow a spine and say what you mean, don't hide my comments because you're too unstable to trust that you won't be offended - and if you are offended, who cares? It'll pass.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
women and childrens rights to education are but 2 things that the british army could be said to be fighting for , also you talk of foreign soldier? what about those members of the afghan army fighting the taleban , and the other ec taleban/ mujahideen fighting the al quada taleban? alongside the american / british/ european and other forces?

Im sure any british soldier friend or not would be disgusted by your come home in a box comment,,

by the way who are first on the scene in most disasters ...the military thats who, look at the tsunami , and more recently the haiti earthquake , ,Imho your view of this is simplistic to say the least , and tbh you sound like some one who has come of worse competing against a squaddie over a girl or something...lol

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Congrat's to the Brit sniper. That is one of the most difficult jobs in the military and this is no mean feat. Beat the Canuck's shooting by 150ft. At least we're keeping it in the Commonwealth.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Great shot..............

Being ex-army (british) and marksman to boot thats one hell of a shot in anyones book even with the gear they have.

I reached marksman after serveral weeks trainging and I'll say this, it aint easy to make that type of shot on a range let alone in a combat zone

Great shot mate

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

this is quite possibly the biggest pile of bull i've ever read on ats in my 6 year membership.

I can only hope some british soldier sees this: i guess someone like you wouldn't understand what it's like to have pride in something other than yourself and your own screwed up beliefs.

In case you weren't aware of the small fact 'walking away of your own volition' isn't in the options. you don't pick and choose your fights, you join for your country, the government send you on something you don't believe in, but you go anyway, whether you believe in it or not.

you need your head checked mate, considering you 'don't condone violence' and the 'taliban are just doing their job', you seem quite happy to see western soliders killed. People like you disgust me, enough said.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Didn't your mother teach you any manners? It's very impolite to ask a question and then ignore an answer.

In answer, the foreign fighters are not occupying Britain or America, so it's a moot point. If they were, my answer would be the same as it is for all the coalition soldiers. Action, reaction. Consequences of jumping on the soldier bandwagon, and no sympathy from me.

Ignore is such a childish way to concede an argument. Seriously, if you can't handle the opinions of other people then what the hell are you even doing on the internet? It's full of opinions that don't match yours. But being that you 2 can't read this anyway, everyone else can just have a good hardy chuckle at how pathetically immature you are

Hope you guys fun on forums when the only post's you see are from people who agree with you all the time... so that's yourself, and umm... yourself.

Grow a spine and say what you mean, don't hide my comments because you're too unstable to trust that you won't be offended - and if you are offended, who cares? It'll pass.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

reply to post by earthdude

Earthdud,
How would you approach a machine gun nest in order to make that arrest? Please explain...

With diplomacy, not the bullets of democracy we are using.

Yeah, that really would get you far. More than likely get you dead.

And arrest them?
What, the LAPD are in A-stan now?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join