It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse-mongering Invasion on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
if you dig up a lot of these threads, it's usually all different people who perpetuate it.

I basically freaked out after reading one of these threads for the first time a few years ago. I made an ass of myself trying to warn friends and family. I realized that after the day they predicted never came that I was a sucker and a fool, never again would I let some moron with little to no sources tell me there's going to be a disaster.

if you care about this board being used to spread relevant information, you will do your part and debunk (it usually takes 15 minutes at the most on google) the BS so those threads can die quickly and we can continue discussion and commentary on items way more feasible.

seriously if I could false flag these people who say there's going to be a false flag, it'd be a big effin slap to their face.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think you are way off base on ATS going downhill. Just because people don't think like you, doesn't mean they are inferior in any way. I happen to think something stinks to high heaven with the Polish crash. We have gunshots at the scene and then the guy that filmed it was stabbed and then murdered in his hospital room! If you don't think that is highly suspicious then I guess you also believe the 911 Commission where they didn't even mention Bldg 7 falling down! Or maybe you lapped up the Warren Commission report? I think ATS is great and getting ALL opinions is the point! The government admitted that Planet X was found in the 80s and on the way here, so if somebody sees a possible brown dwarf with their IR gear in the area of Google Sky that is censored with a big black rectagle, are they a "fear mongerer" or are they doing their duty as a human to warn others by saying, "hey guys, I'm seeing a possible brown dwarf at these coordinates, please verify!" I want these "fear mongerers" to tell me that they are seeing a possible brown dwarf so at least I can verify it with other sources. It's NOT fear mongering at all. It's just being honest about what they are seeing.

I don't see this as wrong. If you don't like their posts, then post rebuttals on why it isn't true and let the people decide to do their own research. peace

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I can only speak for myself.
On April the 30th, I had a dream about this oil spill that scared the bejebus outta me. I am not a religious person in the Judeo-Christian sense, but my dream was along those sorts of lines.
I had not really been watching the news.

The GRAVITY of the human condition and the toll it is taking on the world sat on me from before I woke up until today.

I feel profound grief and anger.

I don't know what to do with it. If I doomsay and express fear, it is only because that is what I am feeling.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamma 49
reply to post by Raud

ONLY THING I NOTICED IS MORE DEBUNKERS

It could be just 2 or 3 with multiple accounts. ahh only the site owner would have the information of the actual IP addresses for them.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by papagil
If you don't believe in the POTENTIAL of nut case theories, why would you be on ATS? Above Top Secret, according to who?

Considering you haven't been on ATS for even a month yet, you don't know just how many nutcase theories I've seen proven wrong. If I spent time looking them all back up, they number into the thousands. I'm not saying that one day, a nutcase theory won't be right, but their track record isn't too shiny, and saying there's a nutcase theory for every disaster ever made needs more proof and documentation than just your words.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think ATS is really quite on the ball - you can get the news here faster than anywhere.

If the apocalypse WAS coming, you'd know about it here first.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I love the OP. Not only is it relevent but also direct and to the point. I fancy myself as something of a Naysmith. I do question alot of things on here and most likely have stepped on some toes, but I do think it is important to site sources, and be honest. Star and Flag for OP.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Yes I agree, but like others have stated this is a conspiracy website and is here also for entertainment purposes. I notice a trend lately of members starting up posts whining and criticising about other peoples post ..(example Nibiru posts and now apocalyptic based topics). My suggestion.. if it does not interest you ..simply do not read or comment on it!! Just move on.. Internet and ATS still have freedom of expression and if somebody believes the apocalypse is upon us does not mean you have to believe it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

I agree with you to just ignore these threads but it's very hard to when the people who make them use all caps and put it on the front page because a bunch of (probably) n00bs who don't need a source to believe something star and flag it

It's just frustrating but I agree these threads never really stop the flow of them, they only incite people who agree and people who tell them to shut up. if people are going to go full-retard on the internet, what's going to stop them?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Fear is a natural, necessary emotion. It has led to many great things. Personally, it was fear that motivated me to research issues that effect my health and well being. Things I did not know about and lived in a happy go lucky world without a clue as to what was really going on around me i.e. flouridation, endocrine disruptors, neuro and excitotoxins, the state of the political world, monetary policy etc. etc.

Fear is a very powerful motivator when harnessed properly. Like the saying "feel the fear and do it anyway". I agree that some may go overboard and yell fire in a crowded theater, but their level of fear is so high that they cannot properly put it to a good use, also they may have never gone through or consciously experienced the horrific, uncertain times we live in.

With that being said I think it is the responsiblity of the more experienced members to talk some sense into those certain overwhelmed people. Not with ridicule or disdain, but with respect and care for their brothers and sisters in this war against humanity.

Fear can be addictive as it activates chemicals in your brain responsible for your fight or flight defense mechanisms and sometimes it is difficult to think rationally when your brain is dumping dopamine, serotonin and other chemicals into your neural pathways. The people who are overwhelmed and resort to lashing out in some way need these this type of information to understand their mental state and how to cope with it in a positive way.

I believe that just debunking a persons post with credible sources isn't enough and they need to be educated about their minds and bodies. Not everyone will understand, but I think that many will when rationalized to and explained properly. Personal responsibility is tough to teach especially when many are so used to blaming others, even if they are to blame.

Each individual needs to learn from their own mistakes as well as others in order to make headway in the area of personal growth. It is a challenge not to be taken lightly and everyone has trouble with it even if it's just occassionaly.

I also realize that there are paid provacateurs trying to whip people into a frenzy because fear can be dangerous with people who cannot handle it well. Freuds research into human behavior has been twisted almost into a weapon to get previously decided solutions implemented. If more people understood how they are being manipulated and for what purpose they are being manipulated they can learn how to handle fear inducing events with greater results and more productively in the direction they plan on taking in life.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It s good to hear from all these people who have it all figured out and under control. Big pat on the back to all of you.

Its quite funny that you start threads so you can bitch about other threads. Get a life. Its really quite a simple thing. If you see a topic that you don't agree with or does not interest you then you have two options. You can either debunk it as Piddles has pointed out (I do enjoy our spirited debates) or you can ignore it and post a thread bitching about it (I mean you can ignore it and seek something worthy to start a thread about that will be way over the heads of everyone reading it and others will bask in the glow of your intelligence of which they can only dream about).

Get over yourselves people. Its a conspiracy website. It is an excellent bastion of free speech in this world and I despise your attempts to suppress it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Greetings Earthlings,

Well oops you did it again... fear is the enemy... evil only exist if you?

You also are now a co-conspirator... thanks a-lot, just when I was feeling safe you had to bring this Armageddon thing up again.

May peace be with us all... peace the greatest treasure in the Universe

Mr. X

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Dear Raud,

I just visited one of your most recent posts on a dream you had about Aliens,snakes and shamans and half way through it realized,I did not care AT ALL because it has nothing to do with reality what so ever. I just went over this post and you speak about people making "Rant Threads" Uhhh am I mistaken or IS THIS THREAD A RANT THREAD? I guess I will agree that yes,there are many people who always post threads about "Next week will be the last week of time" and what not without any evidence besides there own theory or linking between random things in the world or even better, Using the BIBLE as a connecting piece. You say don't let this become a "crazy conspiracy forum". Last time I checked half of this website is about making valid connections and bringing forth information that MIGHT actually bring to the table some proof of an actual conspiracy in the works.
Oh look! A thread YOU posted talking about an economic collapse coming in NOVEMBER of last year. Is that not fearmongering? You are VERY hipocritical so please, before telling people not to fearmonger maybe you should look into the mirror my friend.

Link to Rauds "Economical Meltdown" threat (Warning- Fearmongering at its best!)

[edit on 3-5-2010 by hawaiinguy12]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here is a quote BY Raud in his Economical meltdown thread (Warning: Hypocritical statement ahead)

November 7th people... It's soon. I'll tell you what I am doing: selling my apartment and renting a flat second hand. Don't want no bank loans when this ship is rolling over and heading for the depths. What do you think?

Nov 7th 2009 Meltdown is coming!?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

"Also, for some reason, either conditioning, medication, or both, many people in this day and age aren't used to thinking for themselves, and instead get swept up in movements like that, from one to the next. So these things don't even have to be entirely made up of paid agents, they just need enough to make it appear a large group exists that is in agreement about something and is convincing people to get the ball rolling, and average citizens will be convinced and agree, then go on to mimic the behavior of others in the group. It really appears to be that simple in most cases." quoting Risen (above post).

I couldn't agree more, as this is what I observe on a widening scale, sadly.

It's exactly what Ayn Rand predicted in Atlas Shrugged, and in the Fountainhead, as well.

*facepalm*

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have been visiting ATS for a few months now and have just recently registered ,I will have to say the art of fear mongering has been refined to such a point that it is becoming disruptive to the normal flow of informthreads ,ation and debates ,blogs etc found on ATS ,while I in no way wish to restrict someones freedom of speech ,but to be subject to the ranting and raving of these fear mongers is annoying especially when coupled with the fact that most is hypothetical questions with little or no merit to them ,To those of you who are regulars on her i wish to thank you for the intelligent and witty posts and threads .Brawler

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Last but not least, Another thread by Raud about the upcoming economic collapse and the possibility of a Global War! (Be afraid,be VERY afraid!)

To this doomsday brew I'd like to add one real fiery spice; the fuel shortage. This will make a real explosive mixture. No gas in the pumps has alot, and I mean alot of consequenses. No fuel- no car. No car- can't go to work. Can't go to work- society and infrastructure grinds into a halt. No infrastructure- no food, transports can't bring the groceries...distrust against goverment. Looting. Riots. Every man for himself...

The light will come. It is always darkest before dawn. Good luck to you my american friends. I'm sitting pretty safe here on the other side of the atlantic but I feel for you. Dusk is upon you. It will get worse, way worse, before it gets better. God speed.

Raud,Are you Alex Jone's brother by any chance?

Rauds doomsday thread

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

In my opinion I don't think it's "fear mongering" as much as trying to get to the bottom of what is really going on and trying to find out what that something is and warn the rest of the herd to get off the tracks.

This is a conspiracy site and if you want a "have a nice sunny day" go to barbie.com

Conspiracies and the who what and why that is behind them is what made ATS great.

Something, I don't profess to know what, but something is going on planet wide. It's a multitude of many various things on many levels that will take a lot of people collaborating together, to get to the bottom of.

As far as the Tibetan People go, do you have any idea how for the last fifty years the Chinese government has been trying to systematically slaughter them because they would not cave in and give up their religious beliefs? Any post that makes the world realize another group is being persecuted is okay in my book.

It's just a repeat of the Europeans wiping out and absorbing the American indians, another indigenous culture being wiped out. Why? To prepare the way for a one world homogeneous easier to control herd.

Fear mongering: Sorry there's a lot to be fearful of these days.

-- Our planet is being raped by pollution beyond repair.
-- There are fellow human beings being covertly tortured & murdered.
-- In the country I reside in there is no longer total freedom and each day sees more and more of our remaining freedoms stripped away. This is not the America I pledged allegiance to each morning in class.
-- We have a oil spill that will destroy a good portion of the aquatic life in the Atlantic (thank you England BP)
-- We have just bailed out the rich fat bankers.
-- There is even the possiblity of alien presence(s) that are in seats of power on a global level.
-- Americans are being outsourced and or their jobs handed over to Mexicans and robots.
-- A small elite group are putting into place the final building blocks to a new world order that may enslave every single human on this planet shortly.
-- Blue beam / spirals?
-- HAARP
-- Microchipping in order to have a job, get medical care, hold a job or go to school.
-- Mind control: that in and of itself is so lengthy and intricately woven, the rabbit hole goes so deep on this issue you might want to check out Dr. Rauni-Leena Luukanen Kilde's interviews

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Twenty years ago I laughted at the thought of a NWO or even an alien presence as being "reality". Now I'm not laughing any more. Something major is coming down and I personally think many of us can "feel" it just like you can feel a storm coming.

One great thing about ATS is often times I get the real global news here before it appears on the TV or radio.

We all need to remain connected and unified.

With some of my posts: yes I am guilty of repeating. No I am not senile, my intention is to warn and warn again. I can't grab my fellow ATSers and pull them or you off the track and I see the train coming, all I can do is yell and yell again.

The train is coming, I and many others can feel it.

No, I don't think it's going to be the "end event" but something major, somthing is headed our way.

Be afraid, be very afraid and let that fear stir up within you a courage and bravery for what lies ahead.

So many people either cannot or will not wake from this matrix.

United we stand, divided we fall.

We are all that interconnected.

Something wicked this way comes. Can we stop or reverse it? Depends if enough of us wake up, wise up to what this "something is" and unitedly revolt in time.

Fear mongering is another way of saying, ignore, go back to sleep, everything is a okay.

Sorry, everything is not a okay in my reality, something major is just over the horizon.

People trying to grab a few extra points. What for? The "points" really don't mean anything, you can't cash them in for milk, bread or gas/petro. I've seen some very good posts get zilch and some really stupid posts get mega stars, again doesn't mean squat to me.

Gallieo was almost burned at the stake for his ideas.

Great ideas are often times met with the majority of average minded people ridiculing the very ideas that eventually turn out to be validated.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
You can either debunk it as Piddles has pointed out (I do enjoy our spirited debates)

as do I, sir, as do I. thank you for making me work for my beliefs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join