It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse-mongering Invasion on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A recent trend?

In all the years that I've visited ATS, the end of the world was only a couple weeks, if not days, away.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Some have eyes to see and ears to hear...
others just think the illuminati are a bunch of really mean rich dudes with too much time on their hands. The main agenda I see being pushed here is the coming "alien" agenda and "alien" gospel... and all just in time for 2012 no doubt.

Maybe if we all just keep watching the movie-FAME, it will rub off and we can all just LIVE FOREVER!!!

I think you might want to try another website if conspiracies (and most are devious) aren't your bag...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Its the internet - you don't know these people, they might not even be real people, it may be 1 person with 10,000 accounts a bot net ect ect ect.

There are people who come here for 1 or 2 posts but not because of that necessarily bu they aren't interested in other topics like whats going on with the Spinx.

Read those threads and its a bunch of people that claim they know everything but offer only links to other peoples work.

How hard is it to take a picture of construction equipment excavating at the site really ?

You also have to consider maybe the reason the people seem disjointed is because they can't tell you the whole story for whatever reason.

For instance I could tell you in 1990 or there about the CIA came to my house and talked to my dad for about an hour or so. And while the topic would hardly surprise anyone there's no reason really to discuss it just to inform a bunch of people on the internet, I guess you could call it national security from one point of view but from mine it's pointless sharing that could I'd imagine do more harm than good.

That however may give me reason to believe certain other things as a result, without giving you that foreknowledge.

There are other reasons that are more serious I can think of 1 in particular that I don't care to share. But the term bombshell and not the fake hopped up kind. Does come to mind and it does make me at least listen to to some weird stuff even if I don't believe it in the end, just trying to sort out any real facts it may contain.

So take it with a grain of salt and it doesn't hurt to listen as you can usually find alot of hard work and facts among even the worst tirades.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by circuitsports]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think I must have been on a different ATS the past few years because it has always been like that...

Every single day I have visited this site there has been at least a couple of threads that could be considered fear mongering...

You just need to get over it or stop reading those threads, it's pretty simple

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

I'll make sure to check in with you before (God forbid) I post something that others consider crazy.

It's usually the crazy ones that get it right.

Didn't you learn from what's his name playing the crazy conspiracy guy in 2012. Charlie was his name in the movie. He had it right, all along.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by 911stinks

And sometimes it's just that the crazy ones refuse any and all insurmountable evidence that they've gotten it wrong.

I think what the OP is noticing is the ever-present schadenfreude, which is unavoidable on a site devoted to the topics we address. It ebbs and flows. Sometimes it's way up there, sometimes it isn't. Sort of a misery cycle. What I've noticed is, whatever perceived "change" in the topics or attitudes or beliefs of the participants you think you've observed has probably been seen before. It also depends on what you focus on, and the forums you frequent.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
The posters who carry this message follow a similar pattern;
* The "truth" about an event is not interesting.
* What these posters make up in their minds will stand as facts.
* Links and sources that disapprove their claims are never visited/read.
* Links and sources that approce of their claims are always valid.
* The task is to outnumber the rational/veteran members in the current thread.

Well, you could say the same about my special 'friends', The Jesus Mongers, The Bible Fascists, the rightous Xtians, you now who they are. Logic and reason is lost on them, and they bend every argument to their own crooked 'logic'. But so what ?
I've stopped arguing, even talking to them, because it leads nowhere.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Another paranoid thread.

Threads like these go a long way to discrediting this already controversial site. Are you going to accuse me of being a "paid agent" as well because I think your claims are ridiculous?

Why would tptb waste time and money employing/paying someone to discredit the outlandish claims made on this site when the majority of them can't be proven anyway? That's got to be one of the dumbest accusations I've ever heard.

Wake up.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
We must feel love; our minds must stay clear minded and we need to stay calm NO MATTER the situation. There are many watching and observing these things and they are not blind to the antics of the scared.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Yes ATS has alot of seemingly deviant commers and goers, but it's because of the website style and content.

This is not a new or disturbing trend here as it seems to be just about the norm.

There will always be the shills that are bandwagon members only.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I've seen this since the day I signed up here. It has to do with this odd phenomena I've noticed in humans of this time and age, where they look -forward- to naturual disasters, and potentional unrest or war. I think the world has become so 'safe' so quickly, that humans as a rule, are confused. It has been in our genetic makeup for thousands of years, to survive. To expect hardship, and to overcome the adversity.

Much of this is gone. The world is a much safer place. So humans look for things to go downhill, to satisfy some inner-need for chaos to overcome. I mean look at it.. when a disaster strikes, you often see articles about humans being "at their best." Why? Because it's what they are programmed to do. Handle adversity.

Heck, you see it every day. At work, talking about snowstorms, you can just see that people want the "big one." They are hoping for feet of snow. They actually seem let down if it turned out to be nothing.

I just think we get the vocal folks here of that sort. Some say "oh.. that would be horrible.. buuut.. I think something really BAD is going to come of it!" Some openly admit they'd love to see a war.

I've lost count of the times I've read "This looks bad. Really bad."

It always looks bad, the world is always about to collapse, war is always just around the corner, we are being purposely dumped on with chemicals from the sky, killer planets are sneaking into our solar system, super volcanoes are going to kill us, and it just never ends.

When I read these, I just smile and try to think of that song.. "Always look at the briiight side of life!" Makes me giggle.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecon
No way ,i say let em keep posting, then ats can find the facts and blow it out the water, like it normally does ,so any one who is mentally unstable reading the post should scoot down the post,or find a member like phage and read his input to said post, it will be even keeled , that will set them at rest,or by the end of the post its debunked..

[edit on 3-5-2010 by onecon]

oh yeah, I have yet seen the holy phage break this site.

www.the-rabbits-hole.com...

Phage is not all knowing by the way. He can't answer some questions.

But on topic so what there are signs that something is happening and even the oil rigs going down to me is a sign the elites are preparing for something.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
Its the internet - you don't know these people, they might not even be real people, it may be 1 person with 10,000 accounts a bot net ect ect ect.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by circuitsports]

I have seen forums with people like that. They are generally the ones who want attention or people with a lot of "popularity".

[edit on 3-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Don't spread fear? What happens when the REAL world changing disaster does come. What happens when the "nutcase" theory on hear turns out to be true? The "regulars" here, post on and on about alien discolsure by the Govt ( which I do believe BTW) but you ridicule others because of extreme posts? That is the textbook definition of hypocritical. NONE of us have the whole truth. Much as we may think we do. There are no Stephen Hawking's posting here. ALL CONSPIRACY THEORIES are to some degree "doom and gloom". So, as a new member here, get off your high horse, put away your soap box and OPEN your mind. No one appointed any of us Lord and Savior of anything.

Then again, I could be wrong.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud

Originally posted by polarwarrior
You do know the meaning of the word Apocalypse right???

If you dont, from wiki;

An Apocalypse (Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις Apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation") is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception, i.e. the veil to be lifted

Doh!

No, I didn't mean that kind of "apocalypse" damnit!

You know what I mean...the "popular" translation of that term; the end of days.

Nothing lasts forever and history has shown this. But yes the end times thing has got pretty bad, but hey look at our government it too has got pretty bad as well lately. Hell, Any president after GWB Sr. is the antichrist. Now why don't you complain about that phenomena?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by papagil

Considering that there hasn't been one "nutcase" theory or prediction that has yet to come true, it's only natural to discredit them all. If, in the future, one of them does come true, we can all handle it, but until then, why should we give any credence to any of them whatsoever when their record is zero? Stressing out about when one is going to come true when none have come true thus far is foolish.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

It always looks bad, the world is always about to collapse, war is always just around the corner, we are being purposely dumped on with chemicals from the sky, killer planets are sneaking into our solar system, super volcanoes are going to kill us, and it just never ends.

Unfortunately, these things ARE POSSIBLE, at anytime. Just ask the guy sitting at his desk on the 100th floor, on Sept 10, 2001.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

There were "nut case" theories about every disaster, before it occured. Not quite sure where you are coming from. If you don't believe in the POTENTIAL of nut case theories, why would you be on ATS? Above Top Secret, according to who?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
From the ATS own words :

"ATS Background: The Popularity of "Alternative Topics"
While "conspiracy theorists" are often derided or the target of jokes, the fact remains that Americans love a good conspiracy theory. Many of the more popular and highest grossing movies are based on core ideas of UFO's, government conspiracies and related coverups. The phenomenon of the "X-Files" television show and "Da Vinci Code" novel and movie are excellent examples of how these topics have a inherent soft spot in the culture."

Never forget, at one time the world was flat, the universe revolved around the earth and giant squid were made up. Just when some sanctimonious person thinks they have it all firgured out.....the worlds shows you to be a fool.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think it's an over reaction. The vast majority of posters are just posting whats on thier minds based on where they are at at the time. The idea that thier is a hoard of dis-info agents on the board or internet is way over blown IMO. I am sure there a a few but not a lot. As I said most of it is just people posting thier beliefs on any given topic and people like to defend thier beliefs vehemently no matter how irrational it may seem to others. I think people are way to fast and loose to accuse others of being a paid agent. .

One thing about it is is hopefully it will inspire people to prepare for drastic changes coming to our society soon and already in progress.

Just my 3 cents

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join