It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Canadian Defence Minister at it again. Hawking is wrong.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Let's look at this logically from a standpoint of aliens being real.

Whether bad or good, the global elite would never put up with the fact that there is someone over them, someone with more power. Thats just their nature. Need proof...ATS has plenty of proof on their power mad ways.

They would just create a divide until they could achieve parity and maybe possibly dominate.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The actual acticle on CTV is fairly balanced. Hellyer himself seems a bit less emphatic about Corso's claims than he was in the past:
----
"Microchips, for example, fiber-optics, they are just two of the many things that allegedly -- and probably for real -- came from crashed vehicles," Hellyer said.

Hellyer admits that when he was defence minister, he never got any briefings on UFOs from the military. He says he got reports of sightings, and that some of them could not be explained.
----

From all I have read he mostly bases his belief in the ET presence on Corso's book and the information he said he received from some unnamed US Air Force General - that could be anyone so we have no way of knowing how good his "inside source" is.

He indicates he received no briefings on UFOs during his time as Defense minister. His major initiative as defense minister was unification of Canada's armed forces - a move which was very much resented by many in the military at that time.

He was Defence Minister during the period of the Falcon Lake UFO Incident but was reassigned just before the Shag Harbour Incident which is often referred to as "Canada's Roswell".

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this opinion to light OP. I have some real problems however with the responses ITT.

First the argument that this guy has no reason to lie is a terribly flawed one logically. We know nothing of this mans life, we know nothing of his mental state, or his agenda post politics. Some people just lie for attention, some people are mentally confused and tell lie's they think are the truth. There are a multitude of reasons this guy could be lying, the argument that he has no reason to lie is false.

That said I have no clue if he is telling the truth. My biggest problem with all the military/political people who come out later in their lives claiming information of this type, is if this information was available why would the worlds top scientist not be privy to it? It just doesn't add up, maybe who we think are the worlds top scientists/physicists etc really aren't. Why would people with this type of information allow someone like Hawking to waste all his life's work on theories based up questions there are already answers to?

While I don't doubt the claims of the OP's post, nor the possibilities that this man has information, I tend to question the logic behind why the worlds top scientists/physicists and what have you aren't informed.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the video of his speech. If any of you posters were paying attention to what he said you would have heard him mention Wilbert Smith. When the Corso interviews were posted on here he also mentioned Smith. Do a little research on him. I do not mean the Wikipedia misinfo either. Look for a speech he made to a serious Canadian UFO group back in the day. He explained how gravitational vortices were causing plane crashes. He mentions where one is in Canada. He talks about Our own development of antigravitational devices with alien help. Pretty interesting stuff. Names names and places.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
He's clearly just covering his tracks by saying nothing he learned as defense minister led him to think those things. He doesn't want to involve anyone but himself in the debate, and as long as he provides them some plausible deniability he doesn't have to worry about being silenced or having a massive smear campaign set on him.

As for the claims themselves, Stephen is operating under the belief that we have never been visited yet by any intelligent life from elsewhere (which i can you through first hand experience is false), and life is very rare in the universe, so we'd be lucky to just find one other species that wasn't from here. He's also projecting what he's learned about humans onto another race from another planet, which is probably not reliable. just in the animal kingdom of this planet, for instance, we'd be wrong to assume all animals behave the same way.

Now that we're discovering water pretty much everywhere just in our neck of the woods, and finding new conditions life can thrive in, the odds are becoming higher and higher life isn't quite so rare in the vastness of the universe, and i'm personally on board with the ex defense minister in the belief that some alien races are nasty, and some benevolent. Hopefully the latter have better technology.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

THE ILLUMINATI MUST SELL THE FAKE "ALIEN" AGENDA OR THE NEW WORLD ORDER CAN NOT COME TO FRUITION WITH LEAST FRICTION!
And trust me they do a damn good job at selling it. TV shows, movies, books, scientists/schills, youtube, politicians, fake sightings, etc...

Do you know how many people still think when they see a TR-3B Astra it is a black, triangular "alien" craft?
They have to sell the grigori as nice Type 2 "aliens" and fighting an even more powerful supposedly 'mean' Type 3(God and His angels in reality). They have to make sure people watch V. The public have to think "aliens" are in the Bible and other ancient writings. They have to infiltrate everything and sell that "alien agenda"!
How to spot these infiltrators and secret NWO schills out of the innocently MK-ULTRA duped public-
Look for at least twelve of these characteristics to be prevalent:
1.They believe in aliens, but not God. Very belligerent towards the religious in fact.
2.They believe in evolution. This is an important part of the "alien gospel" since they will say they seeded us from monkey and "alien" DNA.
3.They believe in and push the Apollo Moon Hoax. How would people believe in "aliens" if we can't even get off this little lump of rock?
4.They hate anything negative about the coming New World Order or fearful 'end of the world' talk.
5. They see nothing wrong with RFID PositiveID verichips and Somark tattoos. They usually have already chipped their dog if not themselves.
6.Always banging the 'Drake Equation' drum. They never want to talk about the FERMI PARADOX!
7.More likely to sabotage or get rid of someone that disagrees with their outlook than most. Arguments are replaced with personal attacks.
8.They love sci-fi wayyyyyyy too much!
9.Always have at least one stupid 'sighting' story.
10.They think the Roswell Crash was not a Mk-Ultra mind game but real.
11.They think "aliens" are working with the govt, but our govt. is hiding them. (HELP WITH WORLD HUNGER OR THE OIL SPILL, PLEASE ALIENS!)
12.They don't want you to know that H.G. Wells not only wrote War of the Worlds but also The New World Order.
13. They can't seem to remember that Arthur C. Clarke thought first contact would be in 2010. He also 'knew' of the stupid monolith crap coming soon to a Martian moon near you. HOW DID HE KNOW AHEAD OF TIME????
14.They do not want you to know the Apollo astro-NOTS were all Freemasons!
15. They don't want you to know that Aliester Crowley's two sickest pupils were L. Ron Hubard-founder of Scientology- and Jack Parsons-founder of JPL from which NASA sprang forth.

The leaders of every country must sell... sell... sell... sell...
2012 is coming & Rockefeller is always watching!

[edit on 3-5-2010 by AliensAreDemons]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I really wonder when people will start attributing our tech to our own *unpublicizised* ingenuity.

While America was ingesting "Gilligan's Island" the Department of Defense was planning the internet.

Brazil was launching rockets 5 years prior to Neil Armstrong walking on the moon...which may be an indication of a privately owned space launching industry.

Puts a whole new spin on the term "Alien" doesn't it...when applied to the possibility of foreign nationals whom may have been exposed to proprietary information...

Edit to add...The Eytomology of the term "Alien" outside of pop culture may be interesting....

[edit on Mon, 03 May 2010 13:40:19 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I really wonder when people will start attributing our tech to our own *unpublicizised* ingenuity.

What do you mean starting to? That's a very popular stance among those who, for whatever reason, want to believe we're the only intelligent life in the universe, but awknowledge people are seeing unusual aircraft in the sky.

I agree the triangle shaped craft are very likely terrestrial in origin, because you won't find any ancient texts speaking about them. They've only started appearing in the last 10 years or so. But flying circles/disks are a recurring theme in many ancient texts, and cylinder/cigar shaped flying machines are refferred to as Vimana in the ancient Vedic texts from as far back as 4000 years ago. Both of which remain very common shapes in modern sightings.

That's the only obstacle in the way of convincing me it's all secret government projects. It's far more likely we're just starting to catch up to that level of tech through whatever means.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Risen]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

As a fellow Canadian and one who has been following the discussions of the ex MD, I think he has a lot more information on the whole alien thing than he's admitting to. He does have to cover his butt to a point, but as a minister of Defense he would have had access to any Canadian reports he wanted, which would have been a lot. Canada is a huge country, and a whole bunch can go on that simply slides by the public. (cough...worlds largest ground based cannon...cough)

It is without a doubt beneficial to the USA to find a new alien enemy that they can demonize for the next 50 years. War is profitable, stupid, but profitable. If the aliens were in fact interested in messing with humans, rest assured we would have long since been their pets. To prepare to go to war with a group that you no nothing about, don't know their level of technical ability or their level of organization would be retarded to say the least. Why does is seem plausible that GW Bush would in fact want to attempt that?

I think Stephen Hawking has some very good ideas, keyword being some. I also think that there is more to his denial than others are presenting. More than many, he would know how many galaxies there are, how many possible aliens and he would know about the previous reports of up to 57 different species of aliens. To have an opinion, he would need to do some research. To disregard the research and form an opinion without considering the research is just silly. So he either didn't do the research or something else is up.

..Ex

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What I'm seeing here is classic divide and conquer.

The history channel is running a series called Ancient Aliens which I have to say is pretty good bubble gum programming for those who might be new to this subject. I was actually able to entice my wife into watching 2 of the 2 hour episodes thus far.

Of course, back and foot rubbing are part of the vig too, but geeze, I'll do anything to get her up to speed, lol...

In it they cover a whole host of evidence pointing to our grandparents having had what appear to be good experiences with ancient astronauts.

They come, give us higher technology, and they're off again.

Flip this coin over and voila there's V the TV show. The remake of original, just in case you didn't get it the first time.

In that how the V's are shown in a negative light. Of course, the source is ABC Disney so we shouldn't be too surprised right? If Disney is hellbent on introducing the concept of death to our children, why not let them have a crack at demonizing something else we have little first hand knowledge of.

Then I'm reading on Yahoo and Newsday that Stephen Hawking thinks it's not a good idea to be yelling hey ET we're here.

Interesting...

Well at least TPTB want the chuckleheads amongst us to get up to speed on the subject of ET's. It gives us something else to fight over.

ET good, ET bad. Like everything else they seek to put us on opposite sides of the issue.

All we need do is look at the facts. Ancient history shows a fairly healthy track record of alien visitation and interaction. Modern history tells me not to believe too much of what comes out of the establishments mouthpieces.

The only problem is figuring out who is who.

The Dogons, Zunis & even the Hindu's with hints of nuclear war in their seemingly crazy Vedic teachings don't seem to be too worried though so I wouldn't be either.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Its so cool to see someone share the same "crazy" theory. I have thought for a long time that Hawking would be the perfect mouthpiece to spout scientific theories etc that most of the general public would believe.

To me it seems like he is regarded as our generation's Albert Einstein, so why not believe him? I know it sounds like a scene from a sci-fi movie, but a lot of the talk on this site sounds that way. It my opinion its entirely possible that he is furthering some shadow group's agenda.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thats what I believe most of the reports are personally. Our classified/black/experimental stuff makes up 99.9 percent of the unexplained sightings, imo. The other .1% though still gives me hope that we will see life from space at some point.

As far as them already being here and working with our Governments and the like, I don't believe that for a second. makes for great science fiction movies but reality is a whole lot more mundane me thinks.

edit on 3-5-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

That's an awful lot of common sense you're spouting. After years of interest in the subject, I've pretty much come to the same conclusions. But I have a hunch that there's a level of activity based on quantum physics that draws together a lot of the stuff we still can't explain. I call it my Unified Weirdness Theory.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Former Canadian Defence Minister at it again. Hawking is wrong.

---

Hi OP and All,

Former Cdn Def Min, has his suspicions, but knows no facts.
Hawkings has less.
The only Larry King show guest that said something important, to me, was the coke-can suspicion.

Decoy

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
"Before alien ships supposedly crashed, humans made marvelous discoveries in Physics on our own, and inventions such as fibre optics are a follow on from our own discoveries and inventions made during the cold war space-race."

I guess that explains why humans have made more technological progress in the last 50 years than they had made in the previous 2000 years combined.

"Ill take Hawkins words over some political/military hack anyday of the week.
Especially one from Canannaaada"

I agree with you. The military hack would be a lot more credible if he was from Joizeeee, wore muscle shirts and had no clue on how to conjugate a verb.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Merro138

I was kidding, although I have to admit the thought has crossed my mind. But yeah, maybe we should be cautious. Assuming that there even is anybody out there.

Maybe we should begin to understand ourselves. It might help with that question.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thats what I believe most of the reports are personally. Our classified/black/experimental stuff makes up 99.9 percent of the unexplained sightings, imo. The other .1% though still gives me hope that we will see life from space at some point.

As far as them already being here and working with our Governments and the like, I don't believe that for a second. makes for great science fiction movies but reality is a whole lot more mundane me thinks.

edit on 3-5-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

I agree that I have not seen any convincing evidence that aliens/ETs are working with our governments. I don't know about the other point you make suggesting that 99.9 percent of unexplained sightings are human technology. I have not seen anything to suggest that humans have any technology that pushes beyond rather conventional stuff like ion/plasma engines in space and various forms of ram jets or pulse engines in the atmosphere. I don't mean to sugggest that these aren't "high tech" in human terms, but they just don't explain in any way most of the "unexplained sightings" that seem like exotic technology.

I have observed that there are various engineers who have worked on defense projects who like to suggest that there is more beyond that but this could all be counter-intelligence and dis-information. (to keep the Russians, Chinese, and others wondering what technology the Americans possess and what originates "off planet".

The triangle sightings are interesting. Maybe someone knows something real about them but all the stuff I've read on the web about the "alleged technology" (TR3B and whatever else), just reads like complete make believe - wouldn't that be swell - sort of science fiction.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Dangit! As with a lot of ufo related clues/statements from public figures, I am stuck with 2 nearly eaqually plausible possible scenarios. 1) Hawking (not a politician or ptb) has found some reason to believe what he`s saying and is truly trying to help us, while the pm (a politician and a ptb) is trying to fool us into trusting some beings who will wish to harm us.
OR
2) Hawking (a famous "celebrity" scientist and a perfect mouthpeice) has been subverted by tptb and they caused him to make these claims in order to stop us from trusting beings who wish to help us, and the PM (a man who may very well have inside knowledge on such matters) has decided to speak out against what he knows to be disinfo.
And then there`s always, ALWAYS a #3 in such situations...
3) Neither of them knows anything and they are both just speculating based on their personal beliefs or to get attention...
sigh...good grief... when will we ever get a break? I just hope that when we do get real evidence that half of us don`t keel over and have a heart attack from the ontological shock!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I think by now, its really old news that we have been visited before and continue to be.

We need the US to come forth with closure.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
I tend to lean towards the man being just a a little crazy and possibly senile. What do you think of his claims?
]

No one wanted to believe this guy more than me. When I first heard about him a couple of years back, I was immediately excited that Canada might be about to get bumped to the forefront of some sort of disclosure... but the more I read from our former defence minister, the more I was disheartened

He's the sort of guy that's never heard a UFO tale he didn't like, he pretty much believes everything he hears from absolutely everyone in the UFO field. He's a lot like Dr Edgar Mitchell in that he's been ranting about this stuff for years but only recently have the media picked up on it and ran with it as if it's news or as if he had something new to say, he doesn't and he's embarrassing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join