It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Canadian Defence Minister at it again. Hawking is wrong.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Our one time defence minister, Paul Hellyer, has come out against Stephen Hawkings comments from last week.

www.ctv.ca...

Former federal defence minister Paul Hellyer, 86, believes not only that aliens have visited Earth but also that they have contributed greatly to human technological advances.

So he can't quite understand why the world renowned astrophysicist views them with such trepidation; Hawking recently warned that malevolent aliens could lead to the destruction of humanity.

The longtime cabinet minister accuses Hawking of spreading misinformation about extraterrestrials.

Mr. Hellyer is an interesting guy. Long time politician, former Defence Minister of Canada, ran for the Liberal party leadership in the 60's, staunch opponent of globalism. he even started a political party here called the Canadian Action Party. He has been talking extraterrestrials for the last few years though. There are a few threads on him on ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He is a firm believer that aliens have been here for a while and have been helping, not a danger as Mr. Hawkings suggests.

"The reality is that they've (aliens) been visiting Earth for decades and probably millennia and have contributed considerably to our knowledge," Hellyer said.

He says earthlings owe a lot to their alien friends. Even that computer screen on your desk, he says, can trace its origins to spaceships.

"Microchips, for example, fiber-optics, they are just two of the many things that allegedly -- and probably for real -- came from crashed vehicles," Hellyer said.

He even publicly state once that he believed GWB was attempting to get us into an intergalatic war.

The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning. He stated, "The Bush administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."

www.ufodigest.com...

He has also come out and publicly stated that as Defence Minister, he never saw anything that said aliens/ufo's are real.

I tend to lean towards the man being just a a little crazy and possibly senile. What do you think of his claims?

edit on 2-5-2010 by GAOTU789 because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
obviously, but why open a thread when the majority are and have been programmed. ?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Unfortunately, people are going to continue to take what this guy says as proof that aliens are coming to Earth, while at the same time saying everyone in the government lies. These people need to get their story straight and come right out and say that everyone in the government lies unless they support our worldview.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Cause I find it an interesting subject that I thought would make for good discussion.

What would you prefer I start threads on? Wanne be spooks?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Unfortunately, people are going to continue to take what this guy says as proof that aliens are coming to Earth,

not just him
try 40-50 others
in the disclosure project

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hmm, Interesting how this man reaches the level of MND, and all the other positions and has for a while admitted involvement with extra-terrestrials. I can't figure out if he's credible... I do think that life outside of our planet is possible but haven't seen anything yet.

Did something happen to him when he visited Suffield? or other parts of the Prairies?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

He even publicly state once that he believed GWB was attempting to get us into an intergalatic war.

The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning. He stated, "The Bush administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."

It wouldn't surprise me. If they had the chance to blast the supposed benevolent aliens, they probably would. Peace and solutions - no, that wouldn't simply do.

If these aliens brought forward a cosmic message of peace and harmony, it would mean that they would lose all their illusionary power. These people are seriously dangerous.

The Hawking scenario reminds me of some bad 50's scifi movie, where the squidheaded aliens land and start killing everybody. As much I respect him as a scientist, I think that scenario is pretty naive. The latest V-series is a perfect example of propaganda trying to confuse people, representing the aliens as some kind of intergalactic terrorists.

I think it's time to kiss these fools goodbye and become true galactic citizens, regardless if these aliens exist or not.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
We are all part of the same universe, good or bad. We are just recycled material. People want proof of aliens, well we ARE the proof.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grossac

Would you mind explaining yourself a little bit more?

How are we the proof?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hawking hasn't had a credible idea in 15-20 years. Just check with other physicists. Any of them.

I tend to think that aliens have had a long, long impact on human civilization and continue to today. This is based upon the evidence I have seen, particularly historically (not in the modern era).

If that CDM guy hadn't seen anything during his duties, why would he think there was anything afoot? I mean he has been in a position to see things if they were there. So--- one of his statements is a lie, but I think he was lying when he said that as a public official he had seen nothing.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

In one of the links he says he saw a ufo a long time ago.

He also says that he, as DM, saw some reports from the military of sightings that went unexplained but no evidence of any ufo reality.

If you think he is lying now about what he saw as DM, tell me why? What does he gain from lying about it?

He obviously believes aliens are here. What does him lying about seeing anything do for his credibility? I would think that if he had seen some evidence, he would be yelling that at every speech, not just, I believe

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Well to be honest, if there was ever someone who actually could do that...

Anyway, I'm more inclined to think what Hawking said is probably more reasonable but I bet they are both right to an extent.

Not including the GWB comment of course.

- Lee

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wasn't there some rumor floating around a few years ago which connected the landmark invention of the transistor with the Roswell crash? A quick search indicates the transistor was apparently invented several months after the crash in 1947. Of course this does not prove anything, but the dates are quite an interesting coincidence.

What motivation does this 86 year old guy have to lie? He is no longer in the Government and obviously does not have that many years left to live so he could profit or push some type of agenda from his lies.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I would say a man holding the positions he has, there would likely be some kind of swarn secrecy that he would have to abide by. Saying he hadn't seen anything in his position keeps his end of the bargain.

On the flip.... he can share his opinion all he wants without getting into any trouble so long as he doesn't share any classified knowledge.

Now I am not saying this is the case, but it could be.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he's actually dead and someone is controlling the voicemachine from the outside?

Or maybe he's some kind of evil clone?

[edit on 2/5/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
A quick search indicates the transistor was apparently invented several months after the crash in 1947.

Somehow I just can't imagine an alien space craft using transistors.....But, some of the other stuff Corso mentions, possibly....

anyways, back on topic...

Hellyer states his recent interest in UFOs was prompted by viewing Peter Jennings TV documentary on the topic. He later read "The Day After Roswell" by Col. Philip J. Corso,...

In response to those who question how he came to believe the contents of this specific book, Hellyer states that he personally spoke with an unnamed US General who assured him that all of this and more was true.

source

You'd also think that he would have been up-to-date on the Shag Harbor incident and Project Magnet...

Kimball also has had lots to say about him...

Kimball's opinion is that if anyone would know about UFO secrets, it would have been Hellyer: "Because if anyone in Canada would have known about the Cosmic Watergate, and UFO secrets, and alien bases, etc. etc., it would have been the Minister of National Defence in the mid 1960s."

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It sounds like the guy is a member of ATS.

It really wouldn't surprise me.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

I think he may be pointing to the fact that life one earth probably arrived via comet or asteroid. Still, that doesn't make us aliens exactly...hmmm i don't know, anyway i have read a bit about this guy and he just sounds like a kook imo. Throws about statements with no real evidence, typical die hard aliens are among us believer.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I uploaded one of his speeches a while back for another thread of mine.

Here is the story from his own mouth.

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 3-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Personally I lean towards a touch of dementia creeping in, he contradicts himself as not having seen anything re aliens and thens he's seen a ufo which he believes is alien.

At the end of the day he's got no proof and he's just pointing fingers with his own theories, if he was a lot younger I'd have more faith in his saying but at 86 the mind can be playing large tricks with you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join