It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Canadian Defence Minister at it again. Hawking is wrong.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Our one time defence minister, Paul Hellyer, has come out against Stephen Hawkings comments from last week.

Former federal defence minister Paul Hellyer, 86, believes not only that aliens have visited Earth but also that they have contributed greatly to human technological advances.

So he can't quite understand why the world renowned astrophysicist views them with such trepidation; Hawking recently warned that malevolent aliens could lead to the destruction of humanity.

Thanks for posting this GAOTU789.

I am personally convinced that what in this case Paul Hellyer said regarding that aliens have visited Earth [and still do] but also that they have contributed greatly to human technological advances is the real deal.

I tend to lean towards the man being just a a little crazy and possibly senile. What do you think of his claims?

This man is not a little crazy and possibly senile; he is just telling his opinion about how he thinks it is and I agree with him.

I could also say that the other way around, so that I would say that Hawking is a little crazy and possibly senile, but that is so easy saying and unreasonable, because I know that Hawking is not.

The longtime cabinet minister accuses Hawking of spreading misinformation about extraterrestrials.

I also agree with Hellyer’s opinion here about that Hawking is spreading misinformation about extraterrestrials.

[edit on 3/5/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
sorry wrong post,

[edit on 3/5/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
They have been here for many millions of years with previous civilisations going off planet when they got the capability to, the aliens then clean it up so there is very little evidence for us terrans.

The ancient aliens of 6000 years+ ago are really our ancestors and we are their descendants.. if you want to preserve the history of your species you encode it not on stone or computers but in DNA.. the same DNA in us.. that "junk" DNA which hasn't been deciphered... make's you think doesn't it?

I mean EVERY civilisation points to the sky gods returning that day...what if they are right?

I mean we all want it to happen but i bet all of us here will scream in panic when hundreds of ships of various sizes and races appear worldwide and in orbit taking people pre selected via genetic coding

More focus on worldwide alien talk via multiple methods so it's possible the time really is coming..our existence right now is important.. we are all going tot ake part in the great revealing.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Personally I lean towards a touch of dementia creeping in, he contradicts himself as not having seen anything re aliens and thens he's seen a ufo which he believes is alien.

At the end of the day he's got no proof and he's just pointing fingers with his own theories, if he was a lot younger I'd have more faith in his saying but at 86 the mind can be playing large tricks with you.

What is so hard to understand??? He says he has never seen aliens...But he has seen a UFO which he believed was controlled by them.

Not forgetting the fact alls you have to do to look for proof of ET contact is look at every single religion that has ever existed on this planet. ALL OF THEM speak of the god/gods/people coming from the heavens/sky/space. Only the ignorant retarded Christian religion denys these facts, all others accept these facts, go and ask the people....

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
He's a former defence minister, and what makes him an "expert"? Does he have proof or just more heresay like Dr. Mitchell?

Before alien ships supposedly crashed, humans made marvelous discoveries in Physics on our own, and inventions such as fibre optics are a follow on from our own discoveries and inventions made during the cold war space-race.

Aliens are probably around but keeping a distance away from the primitive species on planet Earth, and they haven't crashed here on Earth. They'll see us as we see ants.

And we don't have alien technology in our computers and networks. Only a complete idiot would make those wild claims. Defence minister or not, none of us are experts in "aliens".

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I commend Mr. Hellyer for being a spearhead of disclosure. It takes alot of courage to do what he is doing.

He is absolutely correct about Stephen Hawking's statements, as Mr. Hawking's informed research is tainted by the classic fear and doom mentality.

Mr. Hellyer may have "sworn to secrecy", but when the secret is something that NEEDS to come out, he has done well to flush that oath down the toilet. He, like many peoeple, have had enough of the misinformation and deceit. He is choosing to do this for the benefit of the younrger generation.

Paul Hellyer is a hero.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

What is so hard to understand??? He says he has never seen aliens...But he has seen a UFO which he believed was controlled by them.

And that led to his "belief" that aliens crashed and left behind fibre-optic cabling.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This quote from the OP article is pure genious:

"I think it's really sad that a scientist of his repute would contribute to what I would consider more misinformation about a vast and very important subject."

I hope and pray that Mr. Hellyer doesn't meet with an untimely "heart attack" or something; and not be alive to finally see the fruits of his labours.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Mathius]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I suppose we could speculate and debate this until death.
But what he's saying is that he just belives.
He says hes seen reports that remain unexplainable...
Hes made a decision on what evidence he's read about, and says he has seen a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object).

Maybe, he just thinks that because of Hawkings recent statement, this may slow the search for E.T. Life..?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
He's a former defence minister, and what makes him an "expert"? Does he have proof or just more heresay like Dr. Mitchell?

Before alien ships supposedly crashed, humans made marvelous discoveries in Physics on our own, and inventions such as fibre optics are a follow on from our own discoveries and inventions made during the cold war space-race.

Aliens are probably around but keeping a distance away from the primitive species on planet Earth, and they haven't crashed here on Earth. They'll see us as we see ants.

And we don't have alien technology in our computers and networks. Only a complete idiot would make those wild claims. Defence minister or not, none of us are experts in "aliens".

I think it's safe to say that the media has labelled him as an "expert". i think expert is the wrong term; but to use another term like believer or truther wouldn't work very well either.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the post.

Ill take Hawkins words over some political/military hack anyday of the week.

Especially one from Canannaaada

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Maybe Heyller is talking about aliens as in Adamski's Venusians...

I don't know what to think of him, I see him more or less as the Canadian Colonel Phillip Corso. I don't believe a word Corso says, he always looks into the camera as if he's enjoying "the honor" of revealing Alien Male Cow Manure.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Both are probably right, as there are all kinds of life forms out there, so it's unlikely only positive/negative/neutral what have you beings exist...my two cents

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Senile? He seems very lucid to me. Thanks for posting the video.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
hawkins is alot smarter than a ex defense guy so i will listen to hawkins .

end of story lol

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Anyone who speaks out, in whatever way(s), against rule BY secrecy and fear is on the right side of history. Cheers to Mr. Hellyer. We need more opposition to wimpy chickens#*@s like Hawking who spew the same old pro-secrecy, pro-status quo party line.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Wasn't there some rumor floating around a few years ago which connected the landmark invention of the transistor with the Roswell crash? A quick search indicates the transistor was apparently invented several months after the crash in 1947. Of course this does not prove anything, but the dates are quite an interesting coincidence.

The dates sort of coincide, but not really:

Physicist Julius Edgar Lilienfeld filed the first patent for a transistor in Canada in 1925, describing a device similar to a Field Effect Transistor or "FET".[1] However, Lilienfeld did not publish any research articles about his devices,[citation needed] nor did his patent cite any examples of devices actually constructed. In 1934, German inventor Oskar Heil patented a similar device.[2]

Source

Harte

[edit on 5/3/2010 by Harte]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
hawkins is alot smarter than a ex defense guy so i will listen to hawkins .

end of story lol

Who is this "hawkins" you refer to? Do you mean Richard Dawkins who says there is no god? Or are you referring to Stephen Hawking, the physicist guy who says scary aliens are going to find us unless we hide ourselves?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mathius
I hope and pray that Mr. Hellyer doesn't meet with an untimely "heart attack" or something; and not be alive to finally see the fruits of his labours.

I think you can rest assured that Hellyer shouldn't suffer an untimely death for this reason. I saw him speak in Toronto. He is quite clear that his beliefs are just that...opinions derived from his reading of the material that all of us have access to as well. While I will say that as a former Cabinet Minister, he has been blessed with a unique perspective, which makes his opinion hold just a little more water than that of the average enthusiast. But he is no expert, and has not, apparently, been made privy to anything amounting to Disclosure while in government.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by SLAYER69

Senile? He seems very lucid to me. Thanks for posting the video.

Where did I make the claim for his possible senility?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join