It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton bought premiere oil-well firefighting co. for 240 mil on April 12th

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
How the hell are they going to make billions when they are
going to be sued by more than two dozen people and companies?

If you make Billions
and settle law suits for Millions
then ur still a Billionaire

that's called profit above expenditures

u have to think like an accountant

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
related info about prevention of this incident

UNREPORTED PART OF GULF SPILL
www.youtube.com...

Even without the Cheney Energy factor, these rigs should have been equipped with the Acoustic equipment.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here's u an example

Haliburton buys Oil Spill Co. for 240 Million

Creates Oil Spill to get the clean-up contract worth
3 Billion

Settle Law Suits for the disaster (let's say) 200 Million

All they have invested is 440 Million total

but in turn make 3 Billion

3 Billion minus 440 Million = 2.56 Billion

ur still a Billionaire even after law suits.

this is just hypothetical

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Sorry to say but Halliburton haven't bought Boots & Coots yet...

The Boards of Directors of both Halliburton and Boots & Coots have approved the transaction, which is expected to close in the summer of 2010, subject to regulatory approvals, approval by Boots & Coots' stockholders and other conditions.

www.rigzone.com...

Nice try though.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Maybe they did this to let BOOTERS & COOTERS know that if they join them they will be guaranteed many jobs in the future.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Sorry to say but Halliburton haven't bought Boots & Coots yet...

geez bro u have no concept of accounting.

the transaction has already been done,
just the final paperwork is lacking.

The capital gain from this cleanup
will not be realized on paper til after
Haliburton owns the company.

That means Haliburton WILL get the money
AFTER the clean-up.

It's when the profit is realized
NOT when it's brokered.

nice try though

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Clutching at straws much?

This rig has been plagued with problems since it was first commissioned.

- In Feb. 2002, just months after the rig was launched from a South Korean shipyard, it spilled 267 barrels of oil into the Gulf after a hose failed, according to MMS records.

- In June 2003, the rig floated off course in high seas, resulting in the release of 944 barrels of oil. MMS blamed bad weather and poor judgment by the captain. A month later, equipment failure and high currents led to the loss of 74 barrels of oil.

- In January 2005, human error caused another accident. A crane operator forgot he was in the midst of refueling a crane, and 15 gallons of overflowing diesel fuel sparked a fire.

The rig was being used by BP during all of the above incidents.

The Coast Guard, which is supposed to ensure the vessels are seaworthy, keeps its own set of safety records on the Deepwater Horizon.

From 2000 to 2010, the Coast Guard issued six enforcement warnings and handed down one civil penalty and a notice of violation to Deepwater Horizon, agency records show.

On 18 different occasions during that period the Coast Guard cited the vessel for an "acknowledged pollution source." No further details about the type of pollution were immediately available.

The agency also conducted 16 investigations of incidents involving everything from fires to slip-and-fall accidents.

Steven Sutton, who oversees offshore drilling inspectors in the Coast Guard's New Orleans office, said the number of accidents and incidents reported on the Deepwater Horizon didn't strike him as unusual.

I don't see a shortage of work...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Sorry, killing 11 people, sinking an oil rig and creating a natural disaster by sabotaging an oil well is not smart business or clever accounting.

What you're suggesting is ridiculous and there is no indication whatsoever that anyone will make BILLIONS (sic) out of this.

[edit on 30/4/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You don't find it interesting that 3 weeks before this major spill, Halliburton buys a Oil Clean up crew? You don't find it interesting that 20 hours before the oil spill happened Halliburton was on the ship "fixing" a problem that probably caused the spill?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Clutching at straws much?
This rig has been plagued with problems since it was first commissioned.

yes, everything has flaws in it

but NONE of those ended up with
billions of oil spread out across the Gulf.
there is a difference between a pin prick on ur finger
and a knife thru the heart.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

What you're suggesting is ridiculous and there is no indication whatsoever that anyone will make BILLIONS (sic) out of this.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

geez dude, do u ever do any research urself
or do u always talk in circles???
do u actually read the articles
or is that the only ones u read
are the ones supporting your
theory???

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Halliburton weren't fixing anything, they were installing the final casing string to the well.

This is what Halliburton themselves have said of the incident:

Halliburton performed a variety of services on the rig, including cementing, and had four employees stationed on the rig at the time of
the accident. Halliburton's employees returned to shore safely, due, in part, to the brave rescue efforts by the U.S. Coast Guard and other organizations.

Halliburton had completed the cementing of the final production casing string in accordance with the well design approximately 20 hours prior to the incident. The cement slurry design was consistent with that utilized in other similar applications. In accordance with accepted industry practice approved by our customers, tests demonstrating the integrity of the production casing string were completed.

At the time of the incident, well operations had not yet reached the point requiring the placement of the final cement plug which would
enable the planned temporary abandonment of the well, consistent with normal oilfield practice.

We are assisting with planning and engineering support for a wide range of options designed to secure the well, including a potential
relief well.

Halliburton continues to assist in efforts to identify the factors that may have lead up to the disaster, but it is premature and irresponsible to speculate on any specific causal issues.

As I pointed out earlier, there could be two dozen or so law suits headed Halliburtons way.

If the investigation deems them responsible that is.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Strawman argument.

Estimated cost to BP will be $3 Billion

That does not mean any one person, company or department will make BILLIONS does it?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I give up bro
u win

r u happy??

Haliburton are all angels

or maybe u already work for them
u should know ???

I'm done with this thread
talkin to u is like talkin to a stop sign
good luck with ur angel theory

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I give up bro
u win

r u happy??

Haliburton are all angels

or maybe u already work for them
u should know ???

I'm done with this thread
talkin to u is like talkin to a stop sign
good luck with ur angel theory

I agree too. The only reason i was entertaining him was to bump this thread so hopefully more people would post and flag this thread. How can people not jump all over this when the word Hallaburton is mentioned! This is a conspiracy website and this should be by far the #1 thread.. wtf are people doing, arguing about a man who hasn't ate in 70 years and some dude who thinks he can predict the future. Wake up!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Let's look at some facts shall we.

Your first reply in this thread is loaded with assumptions, exaggerations and fallacies.

For example.

Guess who had just finished repairs to the oil rig just 20 hrs before it exploded????

This is you not researching properly.

There was no repairs, just cementing of the final production casing string.

A small oversight but let's continue...

Buy the company to fix oil spills and then create one to make billions !!!

We've covered this already, it may cost BP billions but it doesn't necessarily mean that anyone will make billions out of the spill.

It's not that hard to comprehend is it?

Buying an oil spill company just 3 weeks before the biggest oil spill in history???

Biggest oil spill in history??

Bold claims!

www.itopf.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

What's that about you telling me to research?

Don't get all upset for being called out on your assumptions, exaggerations and fallacies.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Forget oil profits. They can create money out of thin air. What's important for them is to maintain a military presence in that region. Because they need to surround someone soon.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

No insurance.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Oh man, these are the threads I could viciously eat for breakfast.
Lets get one thing straight.
There is research...
And then there is what we call logic...
It's easy to quote people, as you will now see me do.

V: Evey? E-V. Of course you are.
Evey Hammond: What does that mean?
V: It means that I, like God, do not play with dice and I don't believe in coincidences.
From the epic film and graphic novel "V for Vendetta"

Now although this is in fact fiction, don't fool your self into ignoring the absolute value behind this statement. There is one thing in this world that is certain, logic can explain anything.
It's just how far are you willing to go down the rabbit hole to solve the problem.

Now I would imagine the overwhelming majority of those informed ATS'rs are well informed. Especially on the shady past of Haliburton and the raw corruption that lies beneath. Anyone who claims nothing is to be made off this has clearly missed something. People don't just buy companies.. and for that matter in cash. Like someone already stated they had a means, a motive and a clear opportunity. These people are not foolish at Haliburton. And like someone said when you are in fact billionaires million dollar law suites are not a big problem.
Especially when you make billions at a time.
We can now take a look at my chart. Well not my chart but wiki's chart on their revenues.

Billionaires: Note the rise during the occupation of Iraq

I have as much faith in Haliburton's innocence as I do for that of Larry Silverstein. Which is not much.

To be honest I have a few questions that concern my self and not those defending these bastards.
When will the gas prices rise?
How big of an effect is this going to have on nations aims to clean up the planet? Don't kid your self this is a big spill.
And will we get that regretful filled statement from the president that soldier will in fact remain Afghanistan.
I'll be honest 2010 is shaping up to be pretty fun

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join