It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 564
<< 561  562  563    565  566  567 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
That being said, please demonstrate one other known moon of any planet in our solar system that shares the same properties as our moon. Those precisely being, the exact distance from the earth needed to provide a perfect solar eclipse,

Jupiter's moons Amalthea, Callisto, Europa, Ganymede and Io are capable of producing total solar eclipses on Jupiter. Pluto's moon Charon, Hydra, and Nix are capable of producing total solar eclipses on Pluto.

the rotational speed to exactly match the orbit of the earth to blind us from one side completely.
The following moons are all tidally locked to their primary:

Earth:
The Moon

Mars:
Deimos
Phobos

Jupiter:
Adrastea
Amalthea
Callisto
Europa
Ganymede
Io
Metis
Thebe

Saturn:
Atlas
Calypso
Dione
Enceladus
Epimetheus
Iapetus
Janus
Mimas
Pan
Pandora
Prometheus
Rhea
Telesto
Tethys
Titan

Uranus:
Ariel
Miranda
Oberon
Titania
Umbriel

Neptune:
Proteus
Triton

Pluto:
Charon

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

That being said, please demonstrate one other known moon of any planet in our solar system that shares the same properties as our moon. Those precisely being, the exact distance from the earth needed to provide a perfect solar eclipse,

Jupiter's moons Amalthea, Callisto, Europa, Ganymede and Io are capable of producing total solar eclipses on Jupiter. Pluto's moon Charon, Hydra, and Nix are capable of producing total solar eclipses on Pluto.

Total and Perfect?
Because I think Helious is not simply saying another moon could not block out the sun on another planet.
Its the way our moon perfectly covers the sun allowing us to see its corona.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Why would they bother planting the flag for a secret mission?

Anybody see the film? Curious to what people thought of the special effects.

The other question I have, and I may have asked this before.
Besides Apollo 13, is there any other film, as in motion picture, or video of
the astronauts in the LM?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Please show any other example in our solar system (Which are ALOT) that display any other similarities to our moon such as a tenuous temporary exosphere

From The Cambridge Guide to the Solar System:

The larger moons of the giant planets have sizes that are comparable to the Earth's Moon or Mercury, and these satellites are similarly cloaked in a thin film of gas. Their exospheres are also temporary features, and must be continuously re-supplied from the moon's surface.

A tenuous veil of oxygen molecules has been found around Europa.... Jupiter's innermost large satellite Io has a varying thin atmosphere of sulfur dioxide.... The largest of Jupiter's moons, Ganymede also has an exceedingly tenuous atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Brand new Apollo images released today:
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Facefirst

More here:
asunews.asu.edu...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
Brand new Apollo images released today:
www.nasa.gov...

Wow.

Not impressed.
I expect we will be seeing a JW video pop up on the subject in the coming days.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Helious

Please show any other example in our solar system (Which are ALOT) that display any other similarities to our moon such as a tenuous temporary exosphere.

Mercury is surrounded by a tenuous exosphere that is supplied primarily by the planet’s surface materials and is known to contain sodium, potassium, and calcium. Observations by the Mercury Atmospheric and Surface Composition Spectrometer during MESSENGER’s second Mercury flyby revealed the presence of neutral magnesium in the tail (anti-sunward) region of the exosphere, as well as differing spatial distributions of magnesium, calcium, and sodium atoms in both the tail and the nightside, near-planet exosphere. Analysis of these observations, supplemented by observations during the first Mercury flyby, as well as those by other MESSENGER instruments, suggests that the distinct spatial distributions arise from a combination of differences in source, transfer, and loss processes.

www.sciencemag.org...

In addition, the coma of a comet would be an exosphere, as it is the result of the interaction between solar radiation and the comet's solid nucleus. These exospheres are extremely temporary as they form as the comet passes the asteroid belt on the inward leg and disappear at about the same point on the outward leg. Now, please explain why this is relevant to Apollo, which actually observed the Moon's exosphere.

Mercuries supposed Exosphere is created by constant out gassing from within the planet due to it's extreme proximity to the sun, we do not nor could not observe the same conditions on the Moon, not even close. Further more, I don't think that you would ever find clouds of water vapor hovering over mercury.

I am glad you mentioned the coma of a comet in the same post because you are exactly right in saying so and in such is my argument that mercury in this respect acts more like a comet than a planet in this respect because it is so close to the sun and thus is an invalid argument on showing this process, try any of the moons of Mars, Saturn, Neptune or any other.

Using a planet who's farthest AU from the sun is 0.466 is not a good example and not what I asked for. I asked for an example of such on any other moon, Comets are not moons and neither is Mercury.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

the rotational speed to exactly match the orbit of the earth to blind us from one side completely.
The following moons are all tidally locked to their primary:

Earth:
The Moon

Mars:
Deimos
Phobos

Jupiter:
Adrastea
Amalthea
Callisto
Europa
Ganymede
Io
Metis
Thebe

Saturn:
Atlas
Calypso
Dione
Enceladus
Epimetheus
Iapetus
Janus
Mimas
Pan
Pandora
Prometheus
Rhea
Telesto
Tethys
Titan

Uranus:
Ariel
Miranda
Oberon
Titania
Umbriel

Neptune:
Proteus
Triton

Pluto:
Charon

Point #1 - Sorry, NO the Earth and Moon share the only relationship that causes an observer to see a perfect solar eclipse, there is no other moon in the solar system that does this.

Point #2 - Yes, many bodies are tidally locked to there planets, this is one aspect of the moon but I also happen to know that the moon with all it's aspects is alone in the solar system, no other moon shares all of these aspects together, it is......... Unique in it's properties and actions.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Point #1 - Sorry, NO the Earth and Moon share the only relationship that causes an observer to see a perfect solar eclipse, there is no other moon in the solar system that does this.

What's your exact definition of a "perfect" solar eclipse?

Point #2 - Yes, many bodies are tidally locked to there planets, this is one aspect of the moon but I also happen to know that the moon with all it's aspects is alone in the solar system, no other moon shares all of these aspects together, it is......... Unique in it's properties and actions.
Pick any body in the solar system and you will find something unique about it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I love how evidence of something doing wrong, which a government itself revealed ten years later, is evidence that the government has concealed the landings for forty years.

It's just a wordier version of "the gubmint lies!!11" that conspiracy theorists love, but with more words.

I notice SJ still hasn't produced that proof I asked for. Not even of how it's possible to fake moon rocks.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Nothing will be good enough. I've come to accept that from the hoax mindset.

The photos seem to be impressing the scientific community but then again, what do scientists know?

Jarrah White provides nothing more than his own misinformed speculative opinion coupled with his bungled interpretation of scientific data. He has shown himself to be incompetent with physics, math, orbital mechanics and most importantly, the truth. He accuses NASA of hiding things yet expects us to take nothing but his word in good faith concerning his mystery "peer reviewer" ??? That's called being a hypocrite as well as an intellectual coward.

White was also soundly thumped by Jay Windley in debate when Windley clearly showed Jarrah did not know what he was talking about with regards to space radiation and shielding. Jay asked Jarrah some pertinent technical questions and all jarrah did in response was either answer incorrectly, try to change the subject or resort to insults. That's why Jarrah doesn't debate outside of YouTube or have his work reviewed by credentialed aerospace experts.....he doesn't actually understand the very information he is futilely trying to debate. But instead of learning from his mistakes, the world of science is inflicted with another 8 part video series filled with a cornucopia of mistakes filtered through White's paranoia fueled cherry picking

If Jarrah White was a rapper, his street name would be 50 Percent.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Nixon had an ulterior motive for typing up that speech with the very specific scenario.
Assertion without evidence.

Also, it's a prepared backup speech, not the prepared speech. Your own link says so. They were covering their bases.

I can carry an organ donor card in my wallet, but that doesn't mean I plan on getting hit by a car.

You're evading, SJ.
edit on 2011/9/6 by 000063 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
reply to post by FoosM

Nothing will be good enough. I've come to accept that from the hoax mindset.

The photos seem to be impressing the scientific community but then again, what do scientists know?

Whats so impressive and conclusive about these new photos?
Please tell me.

If scientists are impressed by this, then I can understand why civilization is crumbling all around us.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 000063

Nixon had an ulterior motive for typing up that speech with the very specific scenario.
Assertion without evidence.

Also, it's a prepared backup speech, not the prepared speech. Your own link says so. They were covering their bases.

Was there a prepared speech for Apollo 8 and 10 as well?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Nopes. The world is crumbling more around us because of people who have no education and no experience think they can prove something without even understanding what they are talking about. They can scream their lungs out in the forums and tubes of the net. In the end if there is a hoax and there is evidence it will be the scientist who will bring it attention. Meanwhile those who just make noise will be ignored as always because they're talking crap.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

I dunno. Look it up. Ask SJ. This as flimsy a piece of "evidence" for the conspiracy as the astronauts "not looking happy" after the mission, since it requires one to ignore more innocent and likely possibilities and jump straight to the most nefarious one, without any evidence.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by FoosM

Nopes. The world is crumbling more around us because of people who have no education and no experience think they can prove something without even understanding what they are talking about. They can scream their lungs out in the forums and tubes of the net. In the end if there is a hoax and there is evidence it will be the scientist who will bring it attention. Meanwhile those who just make noise will be ignored as always because they're talking crap.

Oh I thought bankers and wall street were educated people.

top topics

<< 561  562  563    565  566  567 >>

join