It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[BBC] Oil spill sparks new drilling ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

The US administration has banned oil drilling in new areas of the US coast while the cause of the oil spill off Louisiana is investigated.

White House adviser David Axelrod told ABC TV they wanted to know exactly what led to last week's explosion on the BP-operated rig in the Gulf of Mexico.

Last month President Barack Obama eased a moratorium on new offshore drilling.

Up to 5,000 barrels of oil a day are thought to be spilling into the water, threatening US coastal areas.

The slick has begun to reach the Louisiana shore, and the US Navy has been sent to help avert an economic and environmental disaster.

What do ya'll think is going to happen to gas prices? Has anything like this EVER happened before? it seems like it coud create some serious damage to eco life and health of animals and maybe even people living on the coast? Is there a conspiracy element in this? Sorry couldnt put it in breaking news it kept giving me error.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ponyboyats

I live on the gulf coast, and have relatives that work on other rigs in the gulf.

It should be very interesting to see if they are sent home, while an investigation is done.

Are they going to get paid for their time off?

Yet possibly another economic blow to the area. A lot of people survive in this state, working on off shore rigs.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

yea this disaster is not being paid enough attention to. i think its bigger problem than most people realize

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is just to good to be true. And now with the rig sunk in very deep water who will ever know what really happened here.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a very small part of me wants to accuse them of spilling on purpose just so obamas hands would be tied and then he could repeal the drillings he just got done approving.

also, it reminds me of the simpsons episode when Marge and lisa went to clean an oil spill and all the celebrities got the animals and lisa had to clean a bunch of rocks.

Maybe one day new energies will STOP BEING SUPPRESSED.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

or maybe someone didnt like that obama approve those drillings and wanted that stopped?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
All new threads concerning the BP Gulf Oil Spill are closed and redirected here

Please add comments to the collective thread.

Closed

[edit on 30/4/10 by masqua]

top topics

join