It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National ID Card Included In Democratic Immigration Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
is it my imagination or am I in a time shift???

Didn't I just read an article today that stated
the US was gonna sideline this topic til
after midterms????

what gives???

Why the hurry???

From what I understand, congress might have one week in July when they'll possibly be able to look into it, but that won't result in anything. There's no way they'll be able to do anything before the mid-terms.

The only reason they allowed anyone to see this proposed draft is because Obama made promises to deal with immigration in his first year, Latinos are pissed, and they're afraid of losing votes for democrats. Reid is panicking to say the least.

Dem leader makes immigration bill bigger priority

Latino Leaders Impatient With Obama After Promises on Immigration

Originally posted by Janky Red
I read a good deal...

Where does it say law enforcement can detain and ask for proof of citizenship when they "detect" a possible illegal person (not with their eyes)?

In addition to increasing border enforcement, this proposal will substantially enhance our capabilities to detect, apprehend, and remove persons who entered the United States unlawfully

Hmm.. how do you suppose they'll be "detecting" these illegals. Ask for proof they're supposed to be here maybe? Isn't that what Arizona is trying to do? See, the thing is, they're not stupid...well they are, but they know that making the biggest changes with the fewest words often gets overlooked. Subtle vague wording is the oldest trick in the book.

That said though, once the majority of the estimated 10.8 million illegals get to stay here, taking all our jobs and being allowed to cut to the front of the line so they can pay taxes and allow government to grow even bigger, who will be left to "detect"? It does seem moot, but they still want that authority over you.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

We have been using the Real ID Drivers License in Florida since 05
So far so good.www.sptimes.com...

More on them here..
www.flhsmv.gov...
epic.org...

I think "they" can track me down if I get lost in the car.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
During the communist era, Russia demanded people showed their papers whenever they crossed from one part the country to another. The national ID card sounds communist to me. Then again, according to Rahm Manuil? you never want a good crisis too go to waste.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I finally got my green card 2 days ago. yay!
It has my photo, details, and fingerprint on it, along with some fancy security stuff. It says on the card, 'for residency status and employment purposes'.
So legal immigrants already carry a national ID card, thats the green card.

Talking about introducing another, essentially the same card, has nothing to do with the solving the immigration problem.

'Crakdown on employers', gee theres a thought. Aren't they already supposed to check employment authorisation first?
The illegals next door to me all work in a factory, they told me the employer has a list of about 100 social security number he recycles, a lot of them use the same one.
Doesn't anyone in the govt wonder how one Social Security number manages to work 22 full time jobs at the same place?

Talk about enabling the illegals.... all employers who are hiring illegals need to be prosecuted, thats where to start.
The guys next door said if they didn't have jobs they'd go back home.

Until the gravy train comes to a halt there is absolutely no incentive for anyone to jump through immigration hoops and spend a fortune to be here legally.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthchild

Good point.

So this card is NOT for you.

It's for ME, the person BORN here! What the hell lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Good point.

So this card is NOT for you.

It's for ME, the person BORN here! What the hell lol.

Don't forget, it's for Barack too.
If he chooses not to show his national id card, then the birthers have even more ammo to use.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You know barak married Juwana Man, so he automatically becomes a citizen.

line 2

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

The immigration issue is the National ID. Problem-reaction-solution. Solution=national ID. Problem= immigration. reaction=uproar over illegal aliens. The solution is what the TPTB wanted in the first place. The rest was manipulated to garner the solution. Don't you read David Icke?

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

We have been using the Real ID Drivers License in Florida since 05
So far so good.www.sptimes.com...

More on them here..
www.flhsmv.gov...
epic.org...

I think "they" can track me down if I get lost in the car.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e04f913ae1ed.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Reply to post by endisnighe

Local news in wisconsin have been running polls as weel$ all the stations I've seen have said this immigration bill has been one of their biggest all time responses. People overwhelmingly agree with arizona's bill here. Which also goes to show that as much as the feds enjoy dictating our lives they do absolutely nothing about what the people really want.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by A Novel

So, cheesehead, how are the cow# and beer farts doing in Wisconsin?

I wonder when our fifth season of weather is going to begin, you know, mosquito season?

Yes, in another thread I posted the fact that farm jobs have been taken up by 45% illegals nowadays. I know these jobs may not be the best, but as a fellow Wisconsonite, it is becoming quite obvious it is affecting us as well. There are a couple places on the net for turning in employers that are hiring illegals. It also has the employers listed and their contact information. I think that is helping a little.

I think the liberal state of Wisconsin has been kicked into the conservative corner FINALLY. I have been helping a few campaigns here with computer help.

Still looking for candidates that back my Libertarian position so I can help them. I even kicked around the idea of running. Still contemplating running as a write in.

[edit on 5/1/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well, there goes the neighborhood.

Can't say that I didn't say "I told you so."

I wonder where the fundamentalist Christians are to talk about the fact that this card could be the "Mark of the Beast?"

Oh well. If this happens, I'll just find a nice plot of land in Siberia and hide for the next 50 years.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't get why people are so scared of an ID card, lol. It's not as if the government would gain any info it doesn't have already, and it would make checking people a lot easier/quicker. They also wouldn't require any other official document, it's small enough to carry around, and I just don't see how it could harm you.

I'm Swiss, and I've been using one since birth. In fact, it allows me to fly all over Europe without having to carry around a bulky passport! Up until now, I never had any negative effects on me due to that national ID card.

Oh, and no...there's no secret GPS tracking chip in national ID cards, lol. If you still believe that myth, could I interest you in some of my tinfoil hats...they work 100% of the time to shield you from evil government space surveillance rays, and they're only $19.95. Buy 2 for $29.95!!!

[edit on 1-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I don't get why people are so scared of an ID card, lol. It's not as if the government would gain any info it doesn't have already, and it would make checking people a lot easier/quicker. They also wouldn't require any other official document, it's small enough to carry around, and I just don't see how it could harm you.

I'm Swiss, and I've been using one since birth. In fact, it allows me to fly all over Europe without having to carry around a bulky passport! Up until now, I never had any negative effects on me due to that national ID card.

Oh, and no...there's no secret GPS tracking chip in national ID cards, lol. If you still believe that myth, could I interest you in some of my tinfoil hats...they work 100% of the time to shield you from evil government space surveillance rays, and they're only $19.95. Buy 2 for $29.95!!!

[edit on 1-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

MrXYZ,

It goes beyond just this stupid card. It points to the fact that our government has been taking and taking, and not giving back, for years. This is about a government that has gotten too big, and for a people that have all but given up and/or are brainwashed into thinking that this stuff is a good idea. What is happening to us today is exactly what our Founding Fathers warned about over 200 years ago. It is the fact that the government no longer fears its people, which any good government should, as it was built "By the people, for the people."

I feel very bad for the future generations that will have to grow up under this totalitarian rule, because by then, they won't know any better.

And I already beat you to the punch. I sell tin-foil hats 4 for $12.99.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
As ridiculous as this idea sounds there is a way we might take it one step further...

US would-be lawmaker wants illegal immigrants micro-chipped

globalnation.inquirer.net...

WASHINGTON—A doctor from Iowa who is hoping to be selected as a Republican Party candidate for congressional elections in November has called for illegal immigrants to be implanted with micro chips so their movements can be monitored, press reports said.

Patrick Bertroche, who is vying along with six other Republicans to be selected as the party's candidate for the third district in Iowa, was quoted as saying at a forum Monday that his solution for illegal immigrants was to "catch ’em... document ’em, make sure we know where they are and where they are going.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
As ridiculous as this idea sounds there is a way we might take it one step further...

US would-be lawmaker wants illegal immigrants micro-chipped

globalnation.inquirer.net...

WASHINGTON—A doctor from Iowa who is hoping to be selected as a Republican Party candidate for congressional elections in November has called for illegal immigrants to be implanted with micro chips so their movements can be monitored, press reports said.

Patrick Bertroche, who is vying along with six other Republicans to be selected as the party's candidate for the third district in Iowa, was quoted as saying at a forum Monday that his solution for illegal immigrants was to "catch ’em... document ’em, make sure we know where they are and where they are going.

I'm so happy we live in the 21st century! Think about it, last century we had to sew GOLD STARS on people's clothes to figure out if we liked them or not. Implanting microchips will be a lot faster, plus we can maybe track them by satellite. While we're at it, why don't we also tag the ones who don't agree with our political agenda? You know, just to be safe...

This plan is good. Maybe we should go back in history and try and find out if someone else tried something like that before...and how it worked out for them. I'm sure they created a strong and respected nation

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

But if the ID card itself isn't really a problem, instead of worrying about it, why not focus complaining about real issues? I mean, why are people categorically against something that doesn't do any harm and spending time and energy fighting it...instead of focusing on the stuff that is really broken? Like the fact that future bailouts must be prohibited by law? Or the fact that we just allowed the drilling of more offshore oil even though the latest catastrophe showed us that this endangers the environment and people in several states? Why not focus on the the absolutely insane bonus culture of Wall Street? When I worked in the US, my bonus was several times my salary...it was so much I had trouble justifying it. Did I like it? SURE! But I have to admit it's bat# insane to receive such a bonus for a job that in essence creates no new REAL value. Trading in future potential value, betting for/against it...it doesn't create real value. Yet we get higher boni than any other industry. It's wrong...so the people should complain about it.

And not some ID card that doesn't even harm them...rationally think about stuff instead of talking politics based purely on emotions and knee-jerk reactions.

My tinfoil hats come with a free user guide and certificate signed by the guy who created the "4th density aliens are zapping our energy at airport security checkpoints" thread. Plus, it was produced in the US by US workers...I'm supporting the economy, not like you who outsourced production to Mexico because of cheaper labor

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by truthseeker1984

But if the ID card itself isn't really a problem, instead of worrying about it, why not focus complaining about real issues? I mean, why are people categorically against something that doesn't do any harm and spending time and energy fighting it...instead of focusing on the stuff that is really broken? Like the fact that future bailouts must be prohibited by law? Or the fact that we just allowed the drilling of more offshore oil even though the latest catastrophe showed us that this endangers the environment and people in several states? Why not focus on the the absolutely insane bonus culture of Wall Street? When I worked in the US, my bonus was several times my salary...it was so much I had trouble justifying it. Did I like it? SURE! But I have to admit it's bat# insane to receive such a bonus for a job that in essence creates no new REAL value. Trading in future potential value, betting for/against it...it doesn't create real value. Yet we get higher boni than any other industry. It's wrong...so the people should complain about it.

And not some ID card that doesn't even harm them...rationally think about stuff instead of talking politics based purely on emotions and knee-jerk reactions.

My tinfoil hats come with a free user guide and certificate signed by the guy who created the "4th density aliens are zapping our energy at airport security checkpoints" thread. Plus, it was produced in the US by US workers...I'm supporting the economy, not like you who outsourced production to Mexico because of cheaper labor

I don't think I had a knee-jerk reaction to this issue at all. We've all been hearing about it for years now, and I know many people who are adamantly against this particular form of identification. You're right. There are a lot of problems out there that should be of more concern than these cards. The oil spill was a tragedy, but I have a feeling that two within in a week is sabotage of some type. Of course I have no evidence to back it up...it's just a feeling I get about the whole thing.

I guess when people are still concerned about the melatonin levels in their skin, nothing will get accomplished. The entire world is on a crash course, and peace is a long way off. Most won't get it till their dead. And they won't even get it then, because the government will tax you even after you're dead.

And my tinfoil hats were made in China, in partnership with Wal-Mart, and they come with instructions in Engrish, Chinese, Spanish, French, and German.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Edits because I can't spell correctly today.
[edit on 1-5-2010 by truthseeker1984]

[edit on 1-5-2010 by truthseeker1984]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Of course the arizona bill might be used as the excuse to push for the national id. And if the national id (that is supposedly not and ID card) is considered not to be secure enough, it'll be this.

Biden's Mark My Words on microchipping

Or it could go the monetary path, or both. The process is slow, but it could go there if nobody stops it.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is how they did it in Britain. To many immirgrants.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Doesn't anyone in the govt wonder how one Social Security number manages to work 22 full time jobs at the same place?

Thats code or wink wink, so they dont look into it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join